by John_Conrad
31 minutes 17 seconds ago
Rotella T5 10W-30 in Chevy Z71
by RHALL
51 minutes 49 seconds ago
Multigrade Oils in Mowers
by camrydriver111
Today at 01:59 PM
Is this GM executive serious ? Or he's a moron ?
by HTSS_TR
Today at 01:40 PM
My UOA with Frantz TP Filter
by Jonzobot
Today at 12:43 PM
Amsoil Signature Series 5w-30
by Jonzobot
Today at 12:22 PM
A/C condensation in desert climates
by mclasser
Today at 12:21 PM
A trial run
by Ifixyawata
Today at 12:10 PM
Homeowners insurance
by mclasser
Today at 12:07 PM
1999 Toyota Tercel, Amsoil SS 5W-30, 10,000km OCI
by Jonzobot
Today at 11:39 AM
Blains Farm & Fleet 8/25-9/4 $.99 synthetic
by LotI
Today at 11:01 AM
Newest Members
ryaneirich, Gabe78, taters, Louis_Desbiens, Burk
58918 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (Al, 440Magnum, 2010Civic, 2015_PSD, adamrc, Bandito440, 8 invisible), 1969 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58918 Members
66 Forums
253543 Topics
4161987 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: bruised tooth? by supton @ 08/22/16 07:40 AM

Bah, I don't see the problem in asking. This is the off-topic area, and compared to some of the other topics discussed... hardly that bad. If it hasn't gone away after a few days, I'd just go see a dentist. At the very least call them. Yes you wi
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking About a New Bike by OldSparks @ 08/22/16 07:37 AM

Originally Posted By: 02SE But no doubt the FZ1 can be had for less. I picked up a used FZ1 and it's a great all-rounder. Not stunningly fast like an R1 or FZ10, but plenty fast for grey hair crew. Other than ECU updates, the design has been u
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Machine Gun Cooling Oil? by Jetronic @ 08/22/16 07:37 AM

I think they used hypoid oil because that's what they had... oil for the rear differentials.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 2001 E46 M3 - Still confused by Elme @ 08/22/16 07:37 AM

The BMW forums always screams tws 10W60, or the world will explode. But pretty sure its just people who just repeats what they have heard from others who have heard from others who once was at a track day with Brian who once saw a guy who onwed a M3.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 0 activity on Facebook for 1 year by supton @ 08/22/16 07:35 AM

Never been on it. Wife has it, and if she didn't I might have one, just because it can be good for keeping in touch with more. I think she only looks in the evening, when we're relaxing in front of the tv, unwinding before bed. Honestly, I'm not s
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Originally Posted By: demarpaintFor under $30 for a 5 quart jug from Walmart online, I'd use the PU. Pennzoil 0W-40 has never been offered in 5 quart jugs, just single quarts.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Took off entire engine and carburetor slides off the long bolts. Now, the Jet comes out only with a left handed drillbit and same for the longer foaming nozzle. Once these are cleaned, since they only come out with drillbits, am assuming they are un
Since I broke in my 2015 Grand Caravan fairly aggressively, I dumped the original fill at around 700 miles.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best oil drain pan? by supton @ 08/22/16 07:28 AM

Originally Posted By: eljefinohttps://www.walmart.com/ip/RhinoGear-15-Qt-Oil-Drain-Pan/20440558 I like the funnelly things where the oil gets trapped "inside" then pours out the snout. This one has a slight design flaw, the top portion i
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Fridge might be toast after 4 years.... by OldSparks @ 08/22/16 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By: 4WDDoes it have a digital control panel ? Mine stopped - same age - another make. $150 to "look at it" ... I popped out the control panel, got PN and $50 on eBay - running good. I pulled my fridge out to vacuum the
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: saving phone number by itguy08 @ 08/22/16 07:26 AM

If you need FAX, I believe Vonage supports them, and we had good luck with ViaTalk as a VoIP provider. If you just want to park the #, the best bet is T-Mobile prepaid. Pickup a phone and port your # - $3.99/mo gives you 30 minutes or 30 texts.
Jump to new posts Re: I love how people can't afford an oil change... by blupupher @ 08/22/16 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By: TurboFiat124Just curious what brand of oil and filter do these shops use that charge $16 (materials + labor)? In other words how can they make money at $16 (parts + labor)? 5 quarts of Castrol will cost you $16 at Wal-Mart. I u
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Fridge might be toast after 4 years.... by itguy08 @ 08/22/16 07:24 AM

Check the defrost timer as well as the thermistor that controls the defrost cycle. We had a 1990's vintage Whirlpool freezer top, fridge bottom model at our old house. Did something similar - froze up after a few days. Turned out that the thermist
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 2001 E46 M3 - Still confused by Nickdfresh @ 08/22/16 07:23 AM

I'd use the 0/5W-40 in your climate...
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Is it the alternator? by Vikas @ 08/22/16 07:17 AM

Well, having AMP or VOLT gauge is EVEN BETTER but that all depends upon driver scanning the instrument cluster once in awhile! That is a lost art.
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 2001 E46 M3 - Still confused by JC1 @ 08/22/16 07:15 AM

I think I'd use 0w-40. What to the BMW forums recommend?
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Car for 100 mile commute? by supton @ 08/22/16 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: JetronicIf you've got an in-tank lift pump, it's not so scary. The Jetta should have one? Yeah, it had one. I did change the fuel filter one time w/o priming, and it many key cycles to prime. Did that only once.
Originally Posted By: doublebaseA lot of people don't properly maintain their cars, half of them (or more) are leasing them anyway and they don't care. Has anyone ever seen some of these cars that are turned in after a lease? .... I always kind of i
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 06 Tacoma junk frame by supton @ 08/22/16 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By: AndurilOriginally Posted By: JarlaxleIn that case, I tell them that they WILL return the truck or the next call will be to the police for auto theft! That was my first thought as well. How could that be considered anything oth
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Two Oil Changes, Filter Inspection by Basteh @ 08/22/16 07:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Kira I know there are cheap-O oil change places here in the US. Are there such things in the BRD? There are, but last oil change was made in a normal shop. I try to do it by myself if I have the time as I don't really trust s
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Do you tip pregnant waitress more ? by Nickdfresh @ 08/22/16 07:02 AM

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdgeThis day and age,most waitresses that I've dealt with,have the personality of a rock. You honestly think I'll be tipping anyone with no social skills?! Not happening... So you just don't tip at all because they do
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Shell gasoline by Bamaro @ 08/22/16 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: TmanPThe way I understand it... sort of! Typically premium and regular are blended together to create midgrade. In Minnesota, we usually have 87-89-91, so 50 percent of each 87 and 91 make 89. Gas stations don't buy midgrade, t
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Question by Bud @ 08/22/16 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By: YupHey all, just wondering what type of synthetic to run. I've been using NAPA syn for 5k miles about every 6 months. Pretty typical driving, 12 miles to work and back, some road miles on weekends. I'm wondering if the NAPA syn
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Fridge might be toast after 4 years.... by Kruse @ 08/22/16 06:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitOriginally Posted By: PanzermanNothing in appliances last like they used to. They actually tune them to only last 4-5 years now. The days of fridges and washers lasting generations is over. We need manufacturing to keep
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Fridge might be toast after 4 years.... by Rolla07 @ 08/22/16 06:56 AM

Yeah, id say search your problem and issue in google and try to find someone with your model. Whirlpool is one of the more reliable brands per what I've read (experience may very). Issue I had was a drain at back of fridge getting clogged and found o
Page 117 of 224 < 1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 223 224 >