by tommygunn
03/01/15 10:24 AM
trop artic syn.blend $1.99 @ orscheln's
by zach1900
03/01/15 10:10 AM
question for canucks, re: skype.
by yeti
03/01/15 10:00 AM
Disabling Intel Wireless ZeroConfigService in W7?
by Quattro Pete
03/01/15 09:42 AM
Trop-Artic syn.blend, $1.99/qt. @Orscheln's
by zach1900
03/01/15 09:24 AM
Potholes and frost heaves...
by sciphi
03/01/15 09:23 AM
dexcool water ratio
by barkingspider
03/01/15 09:12 AM
USS Omaha LCS-12
by CourierDriver
03/01/15 09:08 AM
Camry bad start
by supton
03/01/15 08:35 AM
Newest Members
tzalu, Sideways, daveishi, glgeek, canivour
52993 Registered Users
Who's Online
117 registered (-SyN-, 2010_FX4, asb32952, Al, AandPDan, 12 invisible), 1681 Guests and 175 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52993 Members
66 Forums
227368 Topics
3626474 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Questions about the Quality Field by JTK @ 02/26/15 03:14 PM

I'm pretty sure the QA Engineers with my company are mostly Chem or Mechanical Engineers by degree. Some worked their way up degree-less. They do have to go through all sorts of off-site training once in the department though, given we're under FD
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil super hm. by wemay @ 02/26/15 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: KCJeepThe Pennzoil rep on here recently posted that Pennziol HM is actually a blend. I asked why they didnt market it as such then but didnt get an answer. When i called their tech line last year, i was told it was a convent
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Snowblower, grove in idler pulley by JTK @ 02/26/15 03:11 PM

Glancing again at your pic, it looks like the end of the tensioner, closest to the engine is worn down to a smaller diameter than the rest of the pulley? Is it coming into contact with the drive pulley on the engine?
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Myth Busted: "Bad cat won't cause misfire" by Robenstein @ 02/26/15 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Kool1Some people say the exhaust will smell bad and your eyes will burn without a cat. Does this really happen? Those people are not too bright. It may burn if you are burning alcohol and running super rich. I have experience
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: YOGA this, YOGA that, YOGA YOGA by Chris142 @ 02/26/15 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsmI LOVE seeing the chickadees in yoga pants!! nothing but flip flops with dirty toes,tube tops and dirty shorts around here.
Engine Oil Filters
Hello, I don't think they're sad. I'm pretty sure they don't realistically value money. Maybe they thought the ones they saw was cool and wanted one. Copy cats. Maybe it was their foray into arts & crafts. Sadly limited. Sorta better than th
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 1999 camry - new to this market? by Bud_One @ 02/26/15 03:06 PM

When i click on the link it shows me a Toyota Avalon - with the camry title.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Oil For New Bike by Robenstein @ 02/26/15 03:01 PM

Use the recommended viscosity the engineers call for in regards to operating temp. If Suzuki says it needs a 40 weight when the bike is up to temp, run a 40 weight. The engineers who worked to get all that power out of the engine know it well...and
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: YOGA this, YOGA that, YOGA YOGA by andrewg @ 02/26/15 02:57 PM

I like to look at attractive women...I'm a man....I get it. But the yoga pants thing has run it's course. Frankly, I'm tired of seeing a woman's every cleft and dimple. Especially the nasty, out of condition ones or the over 50 women. Boots w/yoga
Jump to new posts Re: Myth Busted: "Bad cat won't cause misfire" by Bladecutter @ 02/26/15 02:57 PM

Yup, see this exact set of symptoms with Mazda RX-8's all the time. Usually it's a partially failing ignition coil that causes unburned fuel and oil to pollute the convertor, then all it takes is to get the convertor good and hot so that it ignites
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting problem with E3 Spark Plugs by Whimsey @ 02/26/15 02:57 PM

Chinese made spark plugs are hit and miss it seems. Some are useless from the beginning and others seem to be ok. My Troy-Bilt 179cc snow blower engine has a Torch F6RTC spark plug. So far it starts on the first pull and runs just fine. I have a NGK
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best filtration and efficiency by steveh @ 02/26/15 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: crazyoildudeWhat about real life oil flow its great that a filter can filter things almost too small to see but what about flow if a filter is so great at trapping things that are almost invisible to
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: AT&T is dumb. School Me On WiMax. by JustinH @ 02/26/15 02:55 PM

So there is no cable internet near you? No ATT uverse, or similar fiber provider? So I had a friend who had this deal called clear. It was very slow and he got rid of it. Can you get a dsl connection? Even that may be better than clear.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: YOGA this, YOGA that, YOGA YOGA by Kira @ 02/26/15 02:52 PM

To aquariuscsm: Yeah, I had to spell out "105 degrees F". The processor this site uses doesn't interpret the characters in mine. Honestly guys, girls show up in swim suits for their introductory classes. Many studios offer cheap initial
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 'Net Neutrality' by Win @ 02/26/15 02:52 PM

As expected, for better or worse, it's a done deal. http://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-adopts-strong-sustainable-rules-protect-open-internet FCC seems very proud of the rule (s), based on their press release(s) and statements. Oddly, I couldn't find a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: YOGA this, YOGA that, YOGA YOGA by HosteenJorje @ 02/26/15 02:52 PM

Toga, Toga, Toga. Wasn't that the Animal House mantra?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best filtration and efficiency by Nate1979 @ 02/26/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: jk_636Originally Posted By: dlundbladWhy are you in the market for other filters all of the sudden? Lol. I'm not. I was just wondering if there was any filter that went below 20 microns. But it seems like 20 microns is pret
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Workers strike at Port of L.A. Chi-junk piling up by antiqueshell @ 02/26/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: whip Two wrongs, don't make it right. If you had integrity, you'd know this. Keep shining. In a perfect world I totally agree. We don't live in a perfect world. Sometimes the only thing unscrupulous employers understand is
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Ford 302 Coyote by qdeezie @ 02/26/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: KonaMustangGTAs long as it meets WSS-M2C945-A you should be good to go. Stick with the Motorcraft filter, none of the others that cross-reference to a FL500S have a thread end bypass. +1 - Whatever your favorite oil is that m
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: AMSOIL AND A 2014 CHEVY SILVERADO by edhackett @ 02/26/15 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: jk_636 Someone told me never to drink the kool-aid at an Amsoil conference...maybe they wern't kidding... Too bad someone didn't warn you about the MMO and Purolator Kool-Aid. Ed
Jump to new posts Re: Myth Busted: "Bad cat won't cause misfire" by Nate1979 @ 02/26/15 02:49 PM

But how did the cat go bad in the first place?
I would't think so considering, not much cooling comes from the pan if it isn't a slotted/vented pan!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Workers strike at Port of L.A. Chi-junk piling up by antiqueshell @ 02/26/15 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: bvance554Its easy for anyone to say 'I am the most (fill in the blank) you will ever met' but what you have said here says otherwise. You sound vindictive and angry. Unless you are an employer, you are an employee. I take per
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: 0W20 vs 0W30 UOAs in the same engine? by Nate1979 @ 02/26/15 02:44 PM

UOA does not measure exactly engine wear. The amount of data to compare two oils significantly is extreme and can't be done at this level.
Engine Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: redhatWere there pink eyelashes on the headlights of said customer's vehicle? I see these things on women's cars about 5 or 6 times a month, and I just shake my head, laughing.but, I've never seen pink -- only black.can. tire
Page 117 of 304 < 1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 303 304 >