Today at 05:53 PM
How Often Do You Get a Flat Tire?
by SubLGT
Today at 05:11 PM
Newest Members
Blkflg, steam_soldier, Ben_SC, Thourun, Zach72
51761 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (04SE, 1kickbuttranger, 147_Grain, 19jacobob93, 2010_FX4, 05LGTLtd, 11 invisible), 1302 Guests and 206 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51761 Members
64 Forums
221490 Topics
3502626 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for engine that burns it by Bandito440 @ 10/28/14 02:22 PM

Start with Maxlife 5w-30, and you can move to 10w-40 if need be. However, if you're burning oil to the point that it's smoking all the time, you're probably going to be destroying catalytic converters until it's repaired.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Pacific war in pictures. by Mystic @ 10/28/14 02:22 PM

And, the history books are being rewritten as the real truth of what happened comes to light. Like you said, evolving history. I believe that the Japanese surrendered because of the nuclear weapons that they had no defense against but it is true tha
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: School shooting, near Seattle by Mystic @ 10/28/14 02:16 PM

Chemical weapons have been found in Iraq. In fact people are worried about ISIS digging up old Iraqi chemical weapons and using them against Iraqi forces. And Sadam Hussein did in fact use chemical weapons against the Kurbs and he fired several long
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Pacific war in pictures. by OVERKILL @ 10/28/14 02:16 PM

History by definition is inaccurate because what is written down, recorded and interpreted is done by humans. We always manage to fudge-up something either due to incomplete or incorrect information, ignorance, bias...etc. The thing about history i
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: GM 2.8/3.1 v6 by EricF @ 10/28/14 02:15 PM

the 3.1 is a bored out 2.8L. the 2.8L was a very decent motor. I had one in my 89 Firebird, I went 176k before I retired the car (not for the motor, this guy in a gang kept breaking into it trying to steal it.). I never had any leaking issues, nev
Jump to new posts Re: OCI by months? and M1 High Mileage or QS Defy? by jbotelho15 @ 10/28/14 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: KCJeepCountless UOA's have shown the Jeep 4.0 does not care for Mobil 1. If I had to use a M1 lube in my 4.0 however it would be the HM version. Defy on the other hand looks to be one of the very best choices for the 4.0. The
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Fayetteville, NC, PD switching to 9mm by KCJeep @ 10/28/14 02:12 PM

I have been on our dept 24 years now, and have carried a .40 almost since it's inception, first one of the Smith offerings and then a G22 since 2000. We average about 6-10 officer involved shootings a year here. It has been my observation we are no
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Law lets IRS seize accounts by javacontour @ 10/28/14 02:10 PM

I never said it should be the taxpayer. I'd be all about taking it from the bureaucrat that does this and those in his/her management chain. If that's not feasable, then craft the law such that the budget of the IRS is reduced by the amount the fed
Jump to new posts Oil for engine that burns it by jesset1989 @ 10/28/14 02:10 PM

Hello I am new to this forum. I have a 2002 Honda Civic LX with 207k miles on the clock. I've had the car for 2 years and a few months, and I've put 30k on it since I bought it. It hasn't given me many problems until the last couple oil changes. It
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: P51 Mustangs are pure sex with wings (pics & video by BusyLittleShop @ 10/28/14 02:08 PM

P-51H considered by many to be the ultimate Mustang but arrived to late for WW2 and did not serve during the Korean war... NAA released this photo to the press to illustrate weight savings. Distinctive features to note are lack of leading edge kink
Jump to new posts Broken lock tab on coil harness connectors. by coastalguy @ 10/28/14 02:06 PM

while changing the plugs on my 05 Camry 4cyl, two of the plastic lock tabs on the wiring harness connectors to the individual coils broke. They are a snug fit anyway and the car runs fine. I put a strip of electrical tape over the two that snapped o
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 5W-30, 12363 mi, Hyundai Genesis 3.8L by Spector @ 10/28/14 02:05 PM

If you are going to go this interval suggest the Mobil 1 EP versions, better additive package and higher TBN
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Pacific war in pictures. by Mystic @ 10/28/14 02:04 PM

Apollo14, you like to follow me around and try to attack me. Let me tell you something that you don't know. A lot of guys say that-that the conquerors write the history books and the history books are therefore only written from the view of view of
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Underwood Ammunition by john_pifer @ 10/28/14 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: HokiefydDang, son. Nice! Sorry if I missed it earlier, but did you buy straight from underwoodammo.com? Yes, sir! And that's what is so nice and convenient about Underwood... They do load their ammunition with top-quality b
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Law lets IRS seize accounts by Apollo14 @ 10/28/14 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: greenjpThe Washington Post [url=/sf/investigative/2014/09/06/stop-and-seize/]published a remarkable series[/url] back in September on this "civil forfeiture" nonsense. It's worse than you think, with involvement of pr
We just picked up another Chrysler product, this one an 04 Concorde with Chrysler's awesome 3.5 v6. We are very excited about this car, one of my sons will be the primary driver, lucky him! Okay to the filter. I see it takes the same filter as my
Jump to new posts Re: GM 2.8/3.1 v6 by SteveSRT8 @ 10/28/14 01:53 PM

^^^That's our story. Way back when my youngest started driving he had two Buicks with 2.8's in them. Both very high miles when purchased and very abusive teenager driving and wrecking them. Never saw any reason to think it was anything but reliable.
Jump to new posts Re: What's best to mix with GC to thin it. by pbm @ 10/28/14 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteI haven't tried thinning it, but ive used 0w20 Valvoline in infinium package with good results. I used to be opposed to missing NaXx and MoXxx packages but it seem to benefit both - at least as power and smoothness
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Law lets IRS seize accounts by Apollo14 @ 10/28/14 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: javacontourThe solution to this is untrue accusations result in the reimbursement of legal costs and the falsely accused getting 3x their money back, tax free. As long as there are no consequences for false accusations, this w
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: THE OLD COWBOY by morepwr @ 10/28/14 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138Yes, but in the SL 10W-40 they put the A2/B2. And they are not allowed to do that because is obsolete. I assumed that since they are comfortable in putting obsolete specs, that they would do the same in the SN. If you
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: P51 Mustangs are pure sex with wings (pics & video by BusyLittleShop @ 10/28/14 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackLarry, did you ever see Art Scholl fly a Chipmunk like yours? Oh yea Jack... I use to hang out at FlaBob while stationed at Norton AFB and found Art easy to talk with... I caught his Chipmunk routines at Norton AFB a
Jump to new posts Re: OCI by months? and M1 High Mileage or QS Defy? by jbotelho15 @ 10/28/14 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeOriginally Posted By: jbotelho15I want a high mileage oil in 5w30 and here's why: After a bunch of research I realized 10w30 Defy oil has a significant higher viscosity then non high mileage oils. Not really. Those e
Jump to new posts Re: 94 Corolla rough idle when cold by Rolla07 @ 10/28/14 01:47 PM

Intake gasket. I had exact same issue on mine, despite mine being an 07.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: my neighbor got hurt real bad today by Chris142 @ 10/28/14 01:46 PM

he had one surgery already. i guess his arm did not go down the hole. im hearing different stories but i believe the arm did not come all the way off and they reattached it.but until everybody in the family calms down i would not put faith in what im
Page 117 of 235 < 1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 234 235 >