Today at 07:36 AM
Lexus RC
by Hokiefyd
Today at 06:45 AM
Newest Members
sam231, CadillacMan, jclaudii, shiny, moparmuscl
54148 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (Alfred_B, bbhero, 2010_FX4, Atesz792, 00Max00, 3800Series, 10 invisible), 1910 Guests and 164 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54148 Members
66 Forums
232011 Topics
3719724 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil at Walmart by Shrubitup @ 05/26/15 11:07 AM

Another reason to buy $35 worth of oil at amazon.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Home made windshield washer fluid by Garak @ 05/26/15 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: The Critic303 tablets- they're about 40 cents per tablet off amazon. Honda and Hyundai have these in their parts catalog: I'd give you a hard time for being in California, but I've actually used them to dose up washer fluid to h
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Running on water. by OneEyeJack @ 05/26/15 11:04 AM

Proof again that water does not compress.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil at Walmart by navseawelder @ 05/26/15 11:04 AM

Same thing happened to me about a year ago. I bought Castrol and their caps are not locked on, in other words, you don't have to break a seal on the bottle to open it. I emailed Walmart's head office and they gave me a gift coupon for $25 and were ve
I would suggest that if one is worried about initial viscosity with respect to fuel dilution (or anything else for that matter), there's not a lot to be gained by splitting hairs within the exact same grade and service classification. Most 5w-30 SN/
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tires for 2006 Odyssey by Hokiefyd @ 05/26/15 11:03 AM

Can you post a picture of the cracking? Also, which is the exact name of the tire? Are they Energy LX4?
Jump to new posts Re: Should fuel dilution impact your oil choice? by OneEyeJack @ 05/26/15 11:02 AM

If you're talking high performance and want to deal with fuel dilution there is an oil company, RLI that has developed oil specifically formulated to deal with fuel dilution for high performance turbocharged engines. They developed it in cooperatio
Jump to new posts Re: Time to fess up ? what have YOU done... by OtisBlkR1 @ 05/26/15 10:58 AM

Im still a subscriber the theory that you must bleed while working on your car (shade tree myth) for the project to go smoothly and no follow up issues.. its sorta uncanny how true this little rule has been in my life of turning wrenches for hobby.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for an air-cooled 911 by Garak @ 05/26/15 10:56 AM

Motul certainly promotes itself in racing. Red Line has been good at that for a number of years, too. Nonetheless, I wouldn't doubt the ability of either Motul or Red Line. To add to their aura, they're both oppressively expensive in Canada.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts The Great Oil Filter Debate (fun & goofy) by s1mp13m4n @ 05/26/15 10:56 AM

The idea behind this post is to simply have fun. The idea is to just have fun with the goofy stuff we do in relation to oil filters. Fram for example, people either love them or hate them. Fram oil filters seem to be hated because they cost more
Jump to new posts Re: Oil at Walmart by FutureDoc @ 05/26/15 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Justin251Originally Posted By: FutureDocI had a hoot for this. The return policy for motor oil in my area is 'tough'. Well dang. With prices going up you can return 10 year old stock and make a profit. I looked, and th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Have any of you gone to see Fury Road? by andrewp1998 @ 05/26/15 10:54 AM

Great effects but to boring for me, I was done with action flicks yrs ago.. I liked the original series much more.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: topping off with non-HDEO by Garak @ 05/26/15 10:54 AM

RP has CF on its 10w-40. A buddy ran it in his older Cummins. Now, that was an expensive oil change.
European and Import Motor Oils
We do have a substantial number of ACEA rated HDEOs in North America. Take a look at what's in my G37 as per my signature. Then, look up that product and note the ACEA specifications and builder approvals. Such oils are not particularly hard to fi
Jump to new posts Re: Home made windshield washer fluid by BearZDefect @ 05/26/15 10:52 AM

I understand the desire to save on washer fluid when there are days I could go through a gallon. Considering that costs as much as a gallon of gasoline, it can effectively double the cost of one outing if we set aside depreciation. But most of the ti
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Single weight 30 vs. multigrade 5-30 for mower by MolaKule @ 05/26/15 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: BluestreamStraight 30 has no VIIs so will stand up better in those hot running engines That used to be the case but no longer. A Multi-Grade seals the combustion chamber better than a Single-Grade. For Vermont, I would use a
Jump to new posts Re: Oil at Walmart by aquariuscsm @ 05/26/15 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: FutureDocI had a hoot for this. The return policy for motor oil in my area is 'tough'. Haha that's awesome!! I love how it says "new" on the label :^)
Jump to new posts Re: Troy Bilt lawn tractor clutch/brake issue by OneEyeJack @ 05/26/15 10:51 AM

Call Troy Build customer service. They talked me through a problem about 10 years ago. I thought they did a great job helping me. The guy understood what was going on and the way he described what to do showed that he has had his hands on tools and d
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for suggestions on defense ammunition by bubbatime @ 05/26/15 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By: 2cool The whole point of shooting someone is to cause as much damage as possible to them. Get that frame of thought completely out of your head, unless you like the idea of a 7x10 prison cell for the rest of your life. The poi
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: maxATF or maxlife for dexron III use ? by VVT_i @ 05/26/15 10:46 AM

thanks to all guys responded. My car uses the original toyota dexron III, not T-IV. In my country I only can get the maxlife for ~$12 quart and maxatf for ~$20 quart. I don't care paying more if that means the transmission continues to work without p
Jump to new posts Troy Bilt lawn tractor clutch/brake issue by Alfred_B @ 05/26/15 10:46 AM

I have a three year old Troy Bilt Pony lawn tractor. It's a manual transmission. Lately it has been having an issue with selecting the neutral or reverse after the mower has been in forward. When I press the brake/clutch pedal, the mower will stop b
$49/gallon or $177 for five. So save nearly $70. But a bit of hassle for 2-3 years. Storage is a bit of a pain, so if someone were to say the lid is really only good for 2-3 uses before it falls apart, or whatever, then not worth the savings.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wonderful Toyota battery by HerrStig @ 05/26/15 10:41 AM

Terminals should be just tight enough that they can't be easily moved. Leaning on the terminal nuts can break the seal between the battery top and the terminal. Then acid leaks out. The felts can only neutralize so much of it. If the "techni
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Have any of you gone to see Fury Road? by RISUPERCREWMAN @ 05/26/15 10:37 AM

I saw it last night & thought it was Comical!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Old Tools by Cristobal @ 05/26/15 10:36 AM

The left front door of the Avalon has a bolt that gets loose, like clockwork, about once per year. I tighten it. So this time around I got my SK 1/2 inch drive socket wrench out to do so. As I did, I was talking to the local security guard who is
Page 117 of 236 < 1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 235 236 >