Chevron Lubricants Q&A

click here to participate in the Chevron Lubricants Q&A

Recent Topics
how come car parts clearance in neighborhood WMT?
by friendly_jacek
Today at 09:30 AM
NAPA GOLD #1348, 8,900k (CUT OPEN)
by car51
Today at 09:30 AM
FRAM ultra rebate?
by car51
Today at 08:55 AM
Service Champ #0F-4622, 7,900k (CUT OPEN)
by car51
Today at 08:48 AM
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology
by friendly_jacek
Today at 07:43 AM
15w40 Oil Choices For 2011 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins
by turbowhistle
Today at 05:48 AM
Any Penrite UOA's?
by B320i
Today at 03:43 AM
Garage used correct oil for my AMG?
by lanab
Today at 01:49 AM
What causes high oil pressure?
by dino33
Today at 12:04 AM
I'm becoming a double edged razor hoarder!
by The_Eric
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Date Code Wanted For New Purolator Oil Filter..
by crazyoildude
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Scraping noise after replacing rear hub assemblies
by JRed
Yesterday at 10:15 PM
Newest Members
nastyc5, SegaCD, fjones68, RLL, rutherford
53729 Registered Users
Who's Online
78 registered (4wheeldog, B767capt, Al, barkingspider, alarmguy, 10 invisible), 2051 Guests and 170 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53729 Members
66 Forums
230340 Topics
3687136 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Who makes a fluid for 8 speed Ram 1500? by Whitewolf @ 04/23/15 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Miller88Woah! $27 a quart !!! Yes, it's not cheap, but I would strongly advise anyone that only this correct ZF approved fluid should be used in this application.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Help decide on a new 1/4 rachet. by jcwit @ 04/23/15 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: dlundbladOriginally Posted By: jcwitLooked at a couple of Proto 1/4 in ratchets today at a pawn shop, both looked new, price, $12 bucks. Shoulda bought one! Not at my age, will never break the 1/2 doz. I now own.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Heating Oil Prep to burn in diesel motors by HerrStig @ 04/23/15 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Cat320Thank you for the prompt replays. Heating Oil is a dark red. Some guys suggest adding a quart of transmission fluid. Any Thoughts? Interstate truckers are subject to the closest attention from the Federalies. If you use
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: '08 Rav 4 AWD - "Clink" sound from stop by TWG1572 @ 04/23/15 09:09 AM

Interesting. I guess I'd always assumed the indicators were more of a screeching noise when you applied the brakes. Learn something every day. It's certainly worth a shot - it is easy enough to check.
General and Off Topic
The situation you describe would dump the waste heat about 18 inches ahead of the air intake you hope to cool. The AC condenser sits in front of the car radiator, so that heat interferes with the water cooling efficiency. (The thought is that AC pe
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Comments on 2004 Mercedes S430 ~100K miles by Vikas @ 04/23/15 09:01 AM

Many of the concerns raised were answered before but here they are in one place. 1) We already have our Accord/Camry; We purchased Acura TL to cover that part of the equation! We can rest that issue now. 2) S420 is not even on the same planet as B
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Napa Silver? by FutureDoc @ 04/23/15 09:00 AM

Nothing "low-end" about the Napa filter. It is a very good, robust filter (just not a premium pricepoint filter).
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Wife lost in supermarket..... by Phishin @ 04/23/15 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: CourierDriverWhat was meant to be funny, is really true.... That's why it's funny!!
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: General Energy Topic: Comparitive Energy Output by HerrStig @ 04/23/15 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Nate1979Originally Posted By: A_HarmanFrom the article: Quote:Energy Source average cf Coal 65% Natural gas 50% Nuclear 90% Wind
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: General Energy Topic: Comparitive Energy Output by HerrStig @ 04/23/15 08:57 AM

Any system needing massive tax breaks to survive in the market just transfers the excess cost to the middle class taxpayer. That's "OK" though, there's always more money to extort.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Another USPS rant by spackard @ 04/23/15 08:53 AM

Got my oil filter wrench last night - USPS flat rate envelope on the outside, light cardboard-based USPS priority envelope in the middle, then USPS Tyvek-based envelope inside that. The seller knows how to get something through the mail. He has an
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone else hate leather? by HerrStig @ 04/23/15 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By: gregk24I love it! Its easy to clean and maintain, and it gives the car a higher end look and feel. It only gets [censored] looking if you dont know how to take care of it. It looks nice and smells nice and wears well, but unl
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Orange Can - Is it Ok? by ARCOgraphite @ 04/23/15 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: jk_636Originally Posted By: ClevyOriginally Posted By: BikeWhispererOCOD is fine for 5k OCI's. Any comments about the cardboard end caps being "bad" are from people who don't really understand how an oil filter funct
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil choice help 5.3 GMC... by Brigadier @ 04/23/15 08:49 AM

Is the flashpoint on this really that low? PDS lists 215*C. The Delvac ESP 5W40 lists 249*C. I would also try Rotella T6 or Delo LE 400 5W40 Originally Posted By: RamblejamOriginally Posted By: BushshakerWhat grade would you run? Mobil 1 Turbo Di
Jump to new posts Re: '08 Rav 4 AWD - "Clink" sound from stop by Bebop367 @ 04/23/15 08:46 AM

I would check brake pad thickness. Sounds to me like the brake pad wear indicators are making the noise...telling it's time for brake job. It could very well not be pads but I would start there.
Jump to new posts Re: should I change my oil? by ARCOgraphite @ 04/23/15 08:44 AM

Absolutely NO NEED to change that oil unless it was highly contaminated with water. Its likely easily good for 3 years. What do you think that 0.3% Ca is for!! The oil itself is very stable at normal temps.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: New Owner Mini 30 by AZjeff @ 04/23/15 08:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Robenstein They retooled a while back and accuracy is better. The 7.62x39mm round is not exactly a round known for its accuracy, let alone with mil surp(I assume steel cased) ammo. For many years the mini rifles were know for
Jump to new posts Re: New to me 4.2L F150 :) by RF Overlord @ 04/23/15 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: R80RS Valvoline makes a Mercon V specific product too. Need to be careful here. Valvoline's product is called "ATF for Mercon V Applications". It seems they don't want to pay Ford for a license, so they can't legally
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Crazy Dream: Bleed cold air from A/C into engine by ARCOgraphite @ 04/23/15 08:41 AM

You CAN dry ice the heat exchanger on the turbo before a drag. Buts that's just good for a couple seconds .... Now I heard naphtha mothballs in the intake box improve gas mileage. Ive never hear one way or the other ..
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: KLX250S or CRF250L by IndyIan @ 04/23/15 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: webforsOriginally Posted By: IndyIanIf you don't have to deal with highway speeds and traffic, a mild 250cc air cooled bike is fine. It will be happy doing 80km/h for as long as you want to. I wouldn't want to ride it at 100km
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Galaxy 2.3 oil - got a problem by 4wheeldog @ 04/23/15 08:38 AM

Look for: Bad thermostat, keeping the engine from warming up, or bad O2 sensor, giving improper info to the ECU, causing rich running. A modern vehicle running correctly should not put anywhere near that much fuel into the crankcase.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: BBC Article: A five-step guide to not being stupid by javacontour @ 04/23/15 08:36 AM

Originally Posted By: RamFanOriginally Posted By: Al Its obvious that Politicians thrive on the inability of most people to connect the dots. Yet in a somewhat ironic fashion a degree in Political Science strives to teach an individual to think a
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone else hate leather? by Eddie @ 04/23/15 08:35 AM

In my case, whether leather is good or bad can depend on the design of the seat. High boosters can be difficult to slide across if you have cloth. Ed
Jump to new posts '08 Rav 4 AWD - "Clink" sound from stop by TWG1572 @ 04/23/15 08:34 AM

I'd appreciate a little help in trying to ID a noise coming from my wife's Rav4. Earlier this year, I started noticing that when she backed out of the garage her Rav4 was "clinking" when it started moving. Just once, and it sounds just
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Galaxy 2.3 oil - got a problem by Eddie @ 04/23/15 08:29 AM

My Subaru engine had two full marks. One for normal and one higher up for very hot. It was attributed to crankcase expansion and oil.
Page 117 of 286 < 1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 285 286 >