Recent Topics
F1 - 2016 Russian Grand Prix
by gofast182
Today at 06:03 AM
VR1 Only suitable for 3 month / 3000mi oci's?
by FordCapriDriver
Today at 04:07 AM
4-year old oil in a sealed container
by rickeroo
Today at 12:05 AM
Cowboys fans should be happy tonight.
by deven
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
2012 Civic - MaxLife ATF update
by sw99
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Champ PH820 on closeout at Rockauto
by sw99
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Is two years too long?
by kohnen
Yesterday at 10:34 PM
Keep getting TR.APK popup on S III cell phone...
by daves66nova
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Curse You Road Salt Version 2
by Oldtom
Yesterday at 07:34 PM
Anyone have advice for moving a cat cross-country?
by earlyre
Yesterday at 07:23 PM
MLB baseball games are very expensive
by Joe1
Yesterday at 07:20 PM
Additive technology used in Euro mid-saps oils
by skyactiv
Yesterday at 05:41 PM
Newest Members
carver1, Handy7rick, sicilien, Crater_77, hiker17
57737 Registered Users
Who's Online
51 registered (AirgunSavant, alarmguy, Al, 97f150, 2015_PSD, 2009Edge, 5 invisible), 1009 Guests and 294 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
57737 Members
66 Forums
248197 Topics
4058189 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cowboys fans should be happy tonight. by Triple_Se7en @ 2 minutes 38 seconds ago

Dallas may get MSU QB Connor Cook in the 2nd Round.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cowboys fans should be happy tonight. by grampi @ 7 minutes 43 seconds ago

Dallas didn't need a RB, they need a QB...but I'm good with Blomo...he'll ensure another season without a post season appearance whether he's sitting on the bench due to injury or he's playing...
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Japan taking over the motorcycle industry by alarmguy @ 8 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: alarmguyOriginally Posted By: grampi It certainly appears I know more about them than you Harley owners do... Ummm...ok....anyone can read through the 20+ pages of posts and determine if your right
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Would I be crazy if I did this: by supton @ 10 minutes 8 seconds ago

I'd do 10k OCI's. But I'm not sure why it has to be a particular brand--aren't all cars good today?
Jump to new posts Re: Curse You Road Salt Version 2 by demarpaint @ 13 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: NHGUYThe story you never hear on the Toyota commercials praising longevity/reliability,and ability to pass it down from generation to generation... They left out the [if you don't live in the rust belt] part.
Jump to new posts Re: Fluid Film Corrosion Preventative by supton @ 13 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KurtatronI use both the standard spray fluid film and the NAS stuff. I have done quite a bit of research and reading over the years. I tried POR 15 years ago, and found the peeling problem too difficult to deal with. One peeling
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: New EPA MPG sticker rules for 2017 by supton @ 16 minutes 55 seconds ago

I took a quick look, decided I didn't feel like figuring out what they did--sounds like they are better defining what load they apply to the vehicle, as it's not being tested on a track. Regardless, I'll just go by what others are getting, real worl
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 10,000 mile oil changes ? by demarpaint @ 29 minutes 27 seconds ago

10K OCI's work for some people, they won't work for me. Not when it takes an hour or more to cover 20 miles during the average daily drive for my wife and myself here. If you do simple math the engine would be running almost 3 +/- times longer than s
Jump to new posts Re: VR1 Only suitable for 3 month / 3000mi oci's? by A_Harman @ 30 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fdcg27VR1 is an API SL oil only because its ZDDP levels exceed what's allowable under SM and SN. The syn (black bottle) is Synpower with higher ZDDP levels and is dyed a pretty shade of blue while the conventional (silver bottle
Jump to new posts Re: Performance drivers, check this out! by Pop_Rivit @ 30 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Turbo_LemmingOriginally Posted By: Bandito440It's a cool video game, I guess. Awww, [censored]. Yes, it's from a video game. That was obvious from the first second.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Motorcraft FL-820S Date code: 909031527 cut & post by tig1 @ 36 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: WellOiledI investigated this because of a report of oil drain back on an F150 using the MC FL400S. Before you discount the idea oil drain back could occur even if the ADBV is good you may want to check the link below. Here is
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: 4-year old oil in a sealed container by Pop_Rivit @ 36 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bubbatime Step 3: Realize that the fresh, clean, new motor oil in those new plastic bottles is MILLIONS or BILLIONS of years old. That product in those containers is not millions or billions of years old. The product in those
Jump to new posts Re: New EPA MPG sticker rules for 2017 by Quattro Pete @ 37 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sickoOriginally Posted By: zzyzzxDidn't they just do this a couple of years ago? Yeah. I remember them doing it in 2008, and the document says they did it again in 2010 and 2014. Yes, the significant change was in 2008... h
Jump to new posts Re: 10,000 mile oil changes ? by tig1 @ 40 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: simple_giftsOriginally Posted By: Merkava_4Another person with a brand new car that's never gonna change the oil. 10,000 miles = Never yawn. Troll.
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by anl0109 @ 42 minutes 45 seconds ago

2014 Mazda5 Sport (van), 2.5L engine and 5-speed AT (neither is from Skyactiv family) 37900 miles on odometer 4100 miles and about 6 months on oil Out: M1 EP 0w-20, Wix filter In: PPPP 0w-20, Wix filter Changed to stay with maintenance schedule in
Jump to new posts Re: Curse You Road Salt Version 2 by Donald @ 51 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TravJust cut the line off at the fitting and use a 6 pt socket to remove it. Giving the ratchet a good whack with a dead blow hammer will knock it loose easily. Easy job. +1 - this seems like the best answer.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: For all the Tom Brady haters by greenjp @ 56 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: NHHEMIYou post your way and I post mine. Please use the ignore feature if you don't want to see/read what I post. Pretty simple. You sure are wound tight aren't you? The phrase that comes to mind is "NHHEMI doth protest t
Jump to new posts Re: A/C compressor clutch bearing. by punisher @ 57 minutes 16 seconds ago

You only need a pulley, but it is always better to replace the clutch as well since they wear together. The coil, unless otherwise damaged, should be OK. No need to discharge the system unless the compressor has to removed for access. Reset clutch
Jump to new posts Re: VR1 Only suitable for 3 month / 3000mi oci's? by ragtoplvr @ 57 minutes 58 seconds ago

I also took advantage of the Valvoline special offer years ago. I used it on my motorcycle with 6K 10KM changes usually at least 6 months. Engine is just as clean as when it was made. Rod
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: 4-year old oil in a sealed container by Miller88 @ Today at 06:07 AM

I have run twenty four year old oil ...
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts F1 - 2016 Russian Grand Prix by gofast182 @ Today at 06:03 AM

US TV SCHEDULE Practice 2: Friday April 29th, 7:00AM EST , NBCSN Qualifying: Saturday April 30th, 8:00AM EST , CNBC Race: Sunday May 1st, 7:00AM EST , CNBC CURRENT STANDINGS Drivers 1. Nico Rosberg, 75 2. Lewis Hamilton, 39 3. Daniel Ricciardo, 36
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: For all the Tom Brady haters by demarpaint @ Today at 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: DoogHey, Tom's not a bad guy...after all he married my ex-girlfriend after I dumped her.... You dumped her too?
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: B&S 4.5 HP sudden problems. by Merkava_4 @ Today at 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: IfixyawataAnyone have a more expert opinion or anything else I can check to nail it down as the carburetor at fault? It's Model 10A902 Type 2189 B1 Code 00030854 4hp Quattro Yours is pretty much the same engine as mine. 10M902
VR1 is an API SL oil only because its ZDDP levels exceed what's allowable under SM and SN. The syn (black bottle) is Synpower with higher ZDDP levels and is dyed a pretty shade of blue while the conventional (silver bottle) is VWB with higher ZDDP le
Jump to new posts Re: VR1 Only suitable for 3 month / 3000mi oci's? by mjoekingz28 @ Today at 05:20 AM

One synthetic One dino That is good that not every oil is becoming a long drain one. I am bugged sometimes when there is a hundred of the same thing and not one to be found of the one I need. Like in Vacation, every 100 yards we pass a gas
Page 1 of 243 1 2 3 ... 242 243 >