by whizbyu
Today at 11:44 AM
Liqui Moly Oil Saver Question
by Ddub
Today at 10:33 AM
Chevy suburban 4x4
by lawman1909
Today at 09:34 AM
At what point to drop comp/collision insurance?
by Quattro Pete
Today at 09:18 AM
$10 off any $50 gas card w/ $50 purchase at Publix
by LT4 Vette
Today at 08:39 AM
Tire Review-AltiMAX RT43
by Char Baby
Today at 08:18 AM
2014 Ram 1500 3.0l VM Diesel UOA
by Shaker223
Today at 07:39 AM
2012 Elantra 1.8
by dlundblad
Today at 07:37 AM
Newest Members
FiveOhTorx, conefree, NEVALEAK, kevmor99, macbaxter
51742 Registered Users
Who's Online
96 registered (01rangerxl, 2010_FX4, 123Saab, 13Tacoma, 285south, 95MarkVIII, 9 invisible), 1708 Guests and 169 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51742 Members
64 Forums
221409 Topics
3501469 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I really miss my Accord. by 99Saturn @ 2 minutes 8 seconds ago

Good to hear you got your car back. As for the rental experience/ride to get your car - I'll just say I remember more times than I care to count working at a rental counter and hearing various requests and time frames from customers, which typically
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts PP 5w-20 Accord 2.4 5581mi by k24a4 @ 2 minutes 34 seconds ago

A relatively short run for the purpose of getting my odometer to an even 140,000. I had initially planned to go 7500 mile oci from here but after recently seeing "Autodarken's" 14100 mile run with good results on the same engine I feel sha
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New Subaru BRZ--going to the track by tdpark @ 6 minutes 1 second ago

Whatever you do- do not put on your facebook page that you took it to the track and do not put anything in a forum or on a web page with vidoes and pictures that will incriminate you on the off chance you blow something and try and get warranty work.
Jump to new posts Re: New Subaru BRZ--going to the track by CATERHAM @ 6 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bmrlvrHallett Motor Racing Circuit--about 40 miles west of Tulsa The 1,000 mile break-in period is specified in the owner's manual, although I've heard that owner's manuals in other countries for the same car call for 1,000 km,
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: Grades of Aluminum by A_Harman @ 8 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: IhatetochangeoilNeed more information than simply the material type. For example; 7000 series are alloyed with zinc, and CAN be precipitation hardened to the highest strengths of any aluminium alloy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wik
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: portable generators-where do we discuss them? by Schmoe @ 9 minutes 46 seconds ago

It was in the HVAC. It controlled the automatic igniter and shutoff. When the tech took it out, you could clearly see a burn in the circuit board. I was still able to use it by manually turning on the heat, but wouldn't go about it automatically
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Why The Demise of Timing Belts? by Hokiefyd @ 12 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: cb_13Love the timing belt set up on my 2.0 Zetec. $80 for timing belt, tensioner, pulleys and serpentine belt. $11 for an 18 pack of Natty light tall cans and 3 hours of my time every 100k miles ensures that my engine will outla
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I really miss my Accord. by redhat @ 13 minutes 57 seconds ago

Thank you all for the information. I am very fortunate as this whole mess is finally over. I got my car back last night and boy it looks great. My body shop guy is one of those people who is persistent and doesn't give up easily. Zurich agreed to
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: calcium sulfonate quiz by Pontual @ 15 minutes 3 seconds ago

Since this got stuck, I'd say: Maybe you can't find an answer because calcium sulfonate isn't a friction modifier, and should have a lawsy coheficient ... Calcium sulfonate is a Detergent, to clean deposits like lacquer and varnish from contaminants
Jump to new posts Re: Why The Demise of Timing Belts? by Hokiefyd @ 15 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: d00df00dAlso, pushrod engines often do have chains. They're just really short chains. Yes...and not always failure-proof, either. V-6 and V-8 engines used to skip teeth on the camshaft drive gear due to a worn/loose chain.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: So You Think Tires Are Expensive Now? by Cadenza @ 16 minutes 34 seconds ago

Did you mean to more correctly write "Democrat controlled" instead?
Jump to new posts Re: New Subaru BRZ--going to the track by bigt61 @ 17 minutes 13 seconds ago

Drive at 8/10ths, shift 500 RPM before redline. Bringing the car home in one piece is your #1 priority. Don't be a hero, making payments on something rolled up in a little ball is no fun.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Notice in Toyota owners manual by ARCOgraphite @ 19 minutes 45 seconds ago

Three LEGGED DOG WALKS IN TO A BAR AND SAYS: Who SHOT MY PAWL!
Jump to new posts Re: Notice in Toyota owners manual by HosteenJorje @ 21 minutes 18 seconds ago

They have vehicle inspections in New York? I wished we had them in Nebraska. It would get some junk off of the road. But Nebraskans would consider that governmental interference in ones personal life and therefore not desirable.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: So You Think Tires Are Expensive Now? by Hokiefyd @ 22 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackIn California the democratically controlled state government has had discussions about an extra eco-tire tax on every tire sold because of the damage tires do to the environment. I think many states have this, even if
Jump to new posts Re: Notice in Toyota owners manual by ARCOgraphite @ 22 minutes 40 seconds ago

I've seen parking - mini disc style MECHANICAL cam JAMB brakes - on a truck I owned - cant recall which. iT WAS ONE UNIT ON THE REAR DIFF AT THE END OF THE DRIVESHAFT ( BEHIND THE u JOINT YOKE Maybe my 96 F350 wt DIESEL?
Jump to new posts Re: Notice in Toyota owners manual by earlyre @ 23 minutes 27 seconds ago

I use mine every night... Driveway has the slightest of inclines,no where near enough you actually need the parking brake, but just enough that I hate the feeling of the car rolling back onto the parking pawl.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Liqui Moly Oil Saver Question by 285south @ 24 minutes 21 seconds ago

Agreed with what voltmaster said, go with M1 high mileage. When I had my car leaving oil drops on the ground, I started to replace one thing at a time. Valve cover seal and bolt o-rings, spark plugs, oil sensor, pcv valve, oil reservoir gasket. Well
Jump to new posts Re: Why The Demise of Timing Belts? by cb_13 @ 24 minutes 44 seconds ago

Love the timing belt set up on my 2.0 Zetec. $80 for timing belt, tensioner, pulleys and serpentine belt. $11 for an 18 pack of Natty light tall cans and 3 hours of my time every 100k miles ensures that my engine will outlast the body or transmission
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: unrecognized SATA hard drive by Donald @ 25 minutes 17 seconds ago

The drive works fine in the original laptop. With ESET and Malwarebytes I was able to clean it up. Some malware had also set a proxy in IE and Firefox. I am thinking my drive to USB adapter might be the issue.
Jump to new posts Re: Notice in Toyota owners manual by ARCOgraphite @ 25 minutes 19 seconds ago

I use the parking brake when coming to a rest at the state highway lights (every 2-3 miles or so!) most ALL THE TIME. I apply it during the last 5mph when I de-clutch instead of using the service brake. That is: + De-clutch, + feet off all three
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: So You Think Tires Are Expensive Now? by eljefino @ 25 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackIn California the democratically controlled state government has had discussions about an extra eco-tire tax on every tire sold I'd rather pay the environmental costs on a tire (or electronic, paint, flourescent tub
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire Review-AltiMAX RT43 by Hokiefyd @ 26 minutes 13 seconds ago

For those who have a lot of miles on their RT43s, can you please take a picture of the tread so those of us considering these can see how they wear and what siping may go away as they wear down? They look to hold most of their sipes as the tread wea
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: So You Think Tires Are Expensive Now? by Papa Bear @ 26 minutes 50 seconds ago

I'm hoping for the return of the Trublpruf tire ..
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Road Glide returns for 2015 by DuckRyder @ 28 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DuckRyderIt is not water cooled (or even twin cooled for that matter)...maybe when the road glide ultra limited comes out... The CVO Road Glide Ultra has a twincooled 110 and they hide the radiators exactly the same way the
Page 1 of 247 1 2 3 ... 246 247 >