Gumout GDI Q&A Answers

click here for the Gumout GDI Q&A answers

Recent Topics
Wrapping Oil Filters in an Extra Layer of Media
by ExMachina
26 minutes 14 seconds ago
Anyone see Lindsay Vaughn at the British GP?!
by SLO_Town
49 minutes 6 seconds ago
Strange noise after an oil change (5W-40 to 5W-30)
by volodymyr
Today at 01:15 PM
Spark Plugs - 118,000 miles
by kd5byb
Today at 12:31 PM
Canoe motor question
by supton
Today at 12:19 PM
New Ruger 10/22
by Al
Today at 12:16 PM
Techron still considered good?
by KillYourTV
Today at 11:56 AM
Sludge control ideas
by Run
Today at 10:41 AM
Chicago imposes 9% 'cloud tax'
by Mr Nice
Today at 10:08 AM
Suzuki blower motor
by oilmaven
Today at 09:34 AM
Jeep fuel filter & pressure regulator
by Donald
Today at 08:15 AM
Kohler 26HP excessive consumption
by lawman1909
Today at 07:58 AM
Newest Members
mvilaca, Lube_Tech, MJAttic, anylettuce, bjb1273
54586 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (04SE, aquariuscsm, asiancivicmaniac, bdcardinal, 01_celica_gt, bbhero, 10 invisible), 1922 Guests and 109 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54586 Members
66 Forums
233863 Topics
3756444 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Films that reflect America's essence... by NMBurb02 @ 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLThanks for continuing this What can I say? I like to argue...er...discuss with vigor!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wrapping Oil Filters in an Extra Layer of Media by NMBurb02 @ 3 minutes 11 seconds ago

That green material is so porous that I doubt it has a noticeable impact on flow. The actual filter media is much more restrictive.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 3800 series II, how likely to need LIM gasket by ls1mike @ 7 minutes 26 seconds ago

Here is what got the Series III, not that is really matters. 2004–2008 Pontiac Grand Prix 2005–2009 Buick LaCrosse 2006–2008 Buick Lucerne Supercharged cars... 2004–2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2006–2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Yes get the metal gas
Jump to new posts Re: Should new cars burn oil? C-R report by Jetronic @ 9 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: JetronicOriginally Posted By: suptonI agree, it is stupid that an oil level sensor is not standard. I guess an OEM would see it as an admission of guilt. who would have to pay for a new engin
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone see Lindsay Vaughn at the British GP?! by Wolf359 @ 10 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PabloOriginally Posted By: skyactivMy wife looks better than her. Agree My wife is 55 and has better legs and physique than her. Way more pretty too. Who is she, btw? She won a gold medal in the Olympics in the downhill a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Canoe motor question by jeepman3071 @ 11 minutes 14 seconds ago

I don't know the specs of your canoe, but I know most are pretty tippy, and adding a motor might increase that risk. Also check local boating laws. I know in CT anything with a motor (even a tiny aluminum boat with a trolling motor) now requires re
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Films that reflect America's essence... by OVERKILL @ 11 minutes 44 seconds ago

Some great historical reference there, I particularly like this part as I feel it is quite relevant to the context of our discussion: Quote:The name America first appeared on a map in 1507 by the German cartographer Martin Waldseemüller, referring t
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise after an oil change (5W-40 to 5W-30) by aquariuscsm @ 14 minutes 24 seconds ago

Go back to your old oil and filter combo,the Total 5W40.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Kohler 26HP excessive consumption by jeepman3071 @ 15 minutes 32 seconds ago

Those engines do have head gasket issues. I've replaced quite a few. I'd also check the cooling shrouds for mouse nests as that is what usually causes the engine to overheat and blow the head gasket. With that said, I've never used the 10w30 in Ko
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wrapping Oil Filters in an Extra Layer of Media by HTSS_TR @ 17 minutes 45 seconds ago

Air filter is okay, oil filter is not.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Canoe motor question by JimPghPA @ 17 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Johnny2BadI am curious as to why you are looking at electric trolling motors. A gas motor under 10 HP ... 3, 5, 6 HP examples ... Are lighter than a electric transom-mount plus battery and sip gas (the fuel tank will be part o
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Troy Bilt Mower Question by Tdbo @ 17 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071I'm betting it is the tube that goes from the carburetor to the engine. They are plastic and I've only seen a few of them crack, mostly due to the bolts coming loose. Probably a cheap fix with a used one from e-bay.
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise after an oil change (5W-40 to 5W-30) by shDK @ 18 minutes 16 seconds ago

Timing chain noise due to loose chain tensioner, because of thinner oil? Sure Sounds bad.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Films that reflect America's essence... by NMBurb02 @ 19 minutes 12 seconds ago

And to put this off-topic discussion into perspective, let's go back to where it all started: Originally Posted By: Koz1Brazilians are American, its nice to know your inclusive of all the Western Hemisphere. But then those movies only represent the
Jump to new posts Re: Spark Plugs - 118,000 miles by HosteenJorje @ 19 minutes 48 seconds ago

I have an eleven year old Camry and the recommended plug change is coming up next spring. How hard were the plugs to get out? I have read that Denso plugs have a tin coating on the threads that is meant to facilitate plug removal.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: advice 02 civic motomaster 5w30 9222km 264482km by Ded Mazai @ 19 minutes 51 seconds ago

I am not saying that you cannot use this oil but 10000 for an OCI sounds funny even for the cheapest oil. And if you know, that the oil doesn't last, and still use it than I don't see any logic behind. The oil is shot when the TAN goes up 2 points fr
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Canoe motor question by JimPghPA @ 19 minutes 58 seconds ago

Also, if you go to any large lakes and the lake is choppy, stay near the shore or within inlets where there is less waves, and you would not have to swim far to get to shore if you do flip or swamp your canoe. If the water gets too choppy everyone i
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wrapping Oil Filters in an Extra Layer of Media by ExMachina @ 20 minutes 35 seconds ago

If I got one of these, I'd be tempted to cut a hole or two in the green outer covering just to get them to flow better. The white media underneath is supposed to be synthetic media anyway! Wow, never seen anything like this. Are they nuts?
Jump to new posts Re: Should new cars burn oil? C-R report by jeepman3071 @ 21 minutes 13 seconds ago

I think CR are a bunch of [censored]'ers, but I do think new cars should not burn oil. Okay the low tension rings allow the vehicle to get a bit better mpg, so what? How much worse is the oil burning for the environment than the 1-2 mpg fuel consum
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Greece collaspes. by magnus308 @ 22 minutes 33 seconds ago

I forgot to add in my last post that the trust and confidence for EU as an institution also have been low for many years. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/apr/24/trust-eu-falls-record-low
Jump to new posts Re: Strange noise after an oil change (5W-40 to 5W-30) by ExMachina @ 23 minutes 44 seconds ago

No way the oil is what did that.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wrapping Oil Filters in an Extra Layer of Media by Quattro Pete @ 23 minutes 51 seconds ago

In search of a solution to a non-existent problem.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone see Lindsay Vaughn at the British GP?! by Pablo @ 24 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: skyactivMy wife looks better than her. Agree My wife is 55 and has better legs and physique than her. Way more pretty too. Who is she, btw?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: CR Reveals the "Thirsty Thirty" Oil Burners by OVERKILL @ 26 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: bulwnklI also do not embrace nor ennoble ignorance. The automakers do. That wasn't a personal reference, that's why I used the term "envision", as the auto makers seem to be half-committed to the effort at the moment
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Techron still considered good? by ExMachina @ 26 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: NHGUYOriginally Posted By: zach1900Isn't gasoline a solvent in its own rights? Alcohol is. True, but all the chemists say PEA is best.
Page 1 of 257 1 2 3 ... 256 257 >