by Blue_Goose
3 minutes 51 seconds ago
02 Ford 4.6 timing chain guides
by swirlparanoid
3 minutes 56 seconds ago
Best Family Hatch for 21k or under
by wn1998
Today at 09:17 AM
What is this thing by the mirror in my Expedition?
by MalfunctionProne
Today at 09:08 AM
New CITRIX user
by Donald
Today at 08:44 AM
Are the new Cherokees any good?
by LoneRanger
Today at 08:19 AM
Flushed/bled clutch, wow that's better
by LoneRanger
Today at 07:58 AM
Grand Marquis problem 4r70w
by swirlparanoid
Today at 06:57 AM
Oil for a high milage Dodge Caravan 3.3l
by erniem
Today at 06:27 AM
Not a carbon neutral event
by GreeCguy
Today at 05:05 AM
2.4l kia optima recommendation
by Batmanj30
Today at 12:48 AM
Kobalt gearless ratchet set $9.98
by dlundblad
Today at 12:46 AM
Newest Members
twspalm, phatford, howie2092, Riceman67, Mradley
52253 Registered Users
Who's Online
112 registered (2010_FX4, AandPDan, 3800Series, abycat, 1034, Adamr955, 11 invisible), 1537 Guests and 197 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52253 Members
66 Forums
223740 Topics
3548189 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: DUI checkpoint by zzyzzx @ 2 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fdcg27In this state, DUI laws apply everywhere, not only on public roads and apply to all mobil conveyances. You could be cited for operating your lawn tractor drunk. You don't even have to be driving to be cited. Sitting in a
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 02 Ford 4.6 timing chain guides by WobblyElvis @ 3 minutes 15 seconds ago

All I can tell you is timing chains tend to make noise for a while before they fail. This is provided we are talking abut overhead cam engines. A belt will silently snap without warning.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Reason for GTX Synblend Clearance by 2010_FX4 @ 3 minutes 32 seconds ago

I believe that Castrol is simply eliminating the stock of SynBlend due to a new oil (Castrol Magnatec) taking its place. I could not find SynBlend on the US Castrol site this morning when looking for the PDS. Thoughts?
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Marquis problem 4r70w by oldmaninsc @ 4 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: swirlparanoidI forgot to mention it will do the same thing if im around 40 with od off then turn it on. I believe it would be in 4th at that speed then locking up the tc when od is pressed??? No - when OD is turned off you ar
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: What kind of car is this? by MalfunctionProne @ 4 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlundbladOriginally Posted By: MalfunctionProneIt is just sitting here, outside a bodyshop. Not sure I have ever seen. Looks weird and oddly good at the same time.. And yes, this is in Newark NJ. Frelinghuysen Ave. ? I
Jump to new posts Re: $1/qt at autozone by SlipperyPete @ 5 minutes 1 second ago

I only found 5 quarts of Castrol 5/20 and 5/30 at the closest Autozone. They had M1 5/20 HM marked at $1, but the clerk told me he already bought all of them. Checked another store and got 3 jugs of 5/30 and 10 quarts of Mobil 1 0/20 EP for $1/quar
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Another wheel torque question......Charger by Blue_Goose @ 5 minutes 28 seconds ago

Ok guys, sorry for another wheels question but here goes. First off thanks to Squirree for providing the torque info... Ok so I got my steel wheels/snow tire combo installed and set the torque for 140 lbs as that is what I could find for guidance.
Jump to new posts 02 Ford 4.6 timing chain guides by swirlparanoid @ 5 minutes 33 seconds ago

I have a 02 Grand Marquis which was one of the years for the bad timing chain guides. I was wondering if this is something i should replace as soon as possible or if it can be put off until it started making noise or by doing regular UOA's? Its got 8
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: DUI checkpoint by zzyzzx @ 6 minutes 18 seconds ago

I would rather they enfoce the current DUI laws instead of enacting new one. So checkpoints are a good thing.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are your favorite one liner sayings? by tom slick @ 6 minutes 25 seconds ago

I ain't bad, but the bad don't mess with me You have to hold out your hand to help before you hold out your hand for help. People often miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Best Family Hatch for 21k or under by Darwin1138 @ 6 minutes 36 seconds ago

How about the Mitsubishi Mirage? Cheap, reliable, boring. I will consider a Ford Focus or a VW Golf
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol GTX SynBlend - Any Good? by 2010_FX4 @ 6 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Char BabyI'd have to buy 75/qts to get free shipping as the shipping would not be worth the cost! You can use any zipcode for a store to get the free shipping (none of the local stores had free shipping), so I picked one in Nas
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend an oil for new to me 1995 saturn sc2 by dlundblad @ 8 minutes 3 seconds ago

Very interesting indeed. Sounds like an interesting read.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Safe to Use Toyota Red or Pink in 1991 Ford F150? by e55amgbenz007 @ 8 minutes 4 seconds ago

Thank you guys for the responses. I do not know if my heater core is copper or brass. What I do know however, is that I get absolutely no warm air from my heater and it is really irritating. I would like to drain the system a few times to see if I c
Jump to new posts Re: Oil leak at either rear main seal or oil pan by NH73 @ 8 minutes 11 seconds ago

Thanks everyone. On the blazer forum, a lot there think HM oils are a waste of money. I have changed over to Mobil Super HM and it has stopped the leak till now. I am hoping to keep it for 2 to 3 more years. I am a little scared to try one of tho
Jump to new posts Re: How do you fix a broken door mirror? by MalfunctionProne @ 8 minutes 16 seconds ago

I may have to hold off until monday to fix this. Maybe after work. It really sounds as though the smart thing to do is to go to a yard place, and see if they have a matching color mirror. The "zip screws" idea could work, too? Would need
Jump to new posts Re: gummed up oil cap by Doog @ 8 minutes 37 seconds ago

I'm a 2 mile commuter. I get that and it goes away when I go pick up my daughter in Chicago (350 miles each way)
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Best Family Hatch for 21k or under by zzyzzx @ 9 minutes 22 seconds ago

Consider the Focus, if the dual clutch automatic is not a deal killer.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Best Family Hatch for 21k or under by Doog @ 10 minutes 46 seconds ago

I would get the Honda. BUt I would probably be inclined to get a loaded CPO CRV with 20k on the clock.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Autozone Synthetic Clearance by Tundragod @ 10 minutes 46 seconds ago

I just order 50 qts for $50 + tax and free shipping for 5w20 Syn blend. On Fri night I bought 14 qts of M1 ep for $3 each. I think if I waited til Sat. morning it would of gone down to a $1 or sold out but I would doubt that since all other oils we
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Best Family Hatch for 21k or under by abycat @ 13 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wn1998Abycat, I will be selling my jeep to a local high school kid. that's cool. Did you consider another versa? a couple people on this forum have the versa note. I know that's quite a bit smaller than the 3 you listed. ev
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Post your rpms at 70mph by datech @ 14 minutes 31 seconds ago

Remember the odometer is directly geared to the driveshaft. As long as the tires are the right size it should be right on. The speedometer is a completely different kind of instrument. I think it uses a spinning magnet tugging on the needle. How ea
Jump to new posts Re: Recommend an oil for new to me 1995 saturn sc2 by Turk @ 14 minutes 35 seconds ago

Yes, something to do with a seal swelling up to it, but don't quote me exactly. It's on Saturnfans.com... I'll try to find it and post it if it don't take an hour or two to find it...
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol GTX SynBlend - Any Good? by RGR @ 14 minutes 35 seconds ago

If I didn't already have a stash assembled around Pennzoil Ultra at about this same kind of price (<$1.00 /qt) I would be all over this thing. Still might be all over it, might try and talk the wife into getting me a Xmas present. It would be year
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Autozone Synthetic Clearance by krismoriah72 @ 14 minutes 51 seconds ago

My cart would only allow me to order 99 of each item not 100. I made it easier hoping that the quarts would come in 12 pack cases and ordered.. 96qts SynBlend 5w30 96qts SynBlend 10w40 96qts Kendall 10W40 If you use amazon as a reference for effi
Page 1 of 291 1 2 3 ... 290 291 >