by ToadU
Today at 12:19 AM
Change PP after 1000 mi 6 month Short Winter Trips
by WillsYoda
Today at 12:00 AM
Tread Life & Curvy Roads
by Nick1994
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
What paper engine air filter do YOU recommend?
by Georgiey22
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Power Steering Problems.......
by qwerty1234
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
CLR repair of completely blocked heater core/hose
by DoubleWasp
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
FS Ford racing Fiesta exhaust system
by mv6845
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
Inner Tie-rod removal
by Sawdusted
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
What's a good price for a 2013 4Runner?
by Gebo
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
Chrysler 42LE - avoid synthetic gear lubes
by Wampahoofus
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Newest Members
Nazmorgul, bhans, truthtracer, Recreator, 18LateModelFan
56842 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (dec219644, Bandito440, dan_erickson, chrisri, Astro14, 3 invisible), 409 Guests and 193 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56842 Members
66 Forums
244347 Topics
3978484 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 has highest film strength by Jetronic @ 1 minute 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Garak And foisting six significant figures upon me makes me question his mathematical skills. I think it's a result of averaging a number of test results? that's all I can think of. But if that'sthe case, he should post the
Jump to new posts Re: Georgia bans 71 oils from 29 brands by Jetronic @ 11 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ToadUThis is not awesome. Why do we need the government running our lives? Consumers should have the right in the free market to buy what they want, when they want and how they want it. This is no difference than the large s
Jump to new posts Re: Shear rates in engine components... by Jetronic @ 15 minutes 10 seconds ago

They're talking about shear rates in the 10^8 sec^-1 region, 100 times higher than the hths shear rates. Could, with some highly VII treated oils, the viscosity shear down even further at those rates or could this result in permanent shearing?
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 330i (N53) - European oil recommendation by chrisri @ 21 minutes 30 seconds ago

Yacco oils are sold as a cheaper alternative to a more established brands over here. At least one car parts store chain is pushing it into a market.
Jump to new posts Re: Boron as extreme pressure (EP) anti-wear additive by SR5 @ 30 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dailydriverOriginally Posted By: BrocLunoI still wished Penrite was available here in the USA at an affordable price ... I wish their products were available at ANY PRICE. That is a NICE dose of boron (600 ppm) in their oil
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: What's a good price for a 2013 4Runner? by Astro14 @ 41 minutes 17 seconds ago

Prices on 2 - 3 year old Toyota trucks, Tacomas, Tundras, and yeah, 4Runners are insanely close to the price of a new one. Check KBB, Edmunds, etc...and she may decide a new SR5 makes more sense (and is cheaper) than the very clean, used Limited...
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tread Life & Curvy Roads by raytseng @ 42 minutes 43 seconds ago

I think of course there is going to be sone difference but to jump out that its foinf to be one of the most important differences I think is not right. Especially when you're comparing curvy roads to straight roads. The curve is not nearly as signi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts New - smoke detectors for house. by bmwjohn @ 49 minutes 23 seconds ago

Another new question. A friend had a small fire, nothing serious. But I looked around at my motley and incoherent collection of fire and smoke and carbon monoxide detectors of various types, ages, and qualities and thinking about coherent, planned, q
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: What's a good price for a 2013 4Runner? by Blkstanger @ 59 minutes 2 seconds ago

I'm going to guess that they are asking $35k+
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Security Detail shows up at Malheur by Astro14 @ Today at 03:31 AM

Well said Bubbatime.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Painful To Find M1 5W30 ESP by vinu_neuro @ Today at 02:59 AM

Yes, something along the lines of M1 0W-40 would be my choice as well, but that's not what the OP asked. X1 has a significantly better viscosity index and the benefit of being 0W, something that's relevant given his location. The ESP oils have HTH
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: What years Honda Accord w/ transmission issues...? by ryanschillinger @ Today at 02:54 AM

Well they bought the car but took it to a shop and got sold on $800 worth of stuff. I have no idea what all kind of stuff, but I'll ask more when I'm around. That sucks...
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Moderators, please remove thread... by Astro14 @ Today at 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: mattwithcatsModerator, I do hereby request disciplinary action against the following users, due to hazing, derogatory language, and abusive behavior. Rand CapriRacer Astro14 OVERKILL silveravant SirTanon Traction kschachn Al
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: How to clean inside rear window ? by ryanschillinger @ Today at 02:44 AM

Yeah I have that tool. I don't use it anymore but it was great for my 98 Taurus. The windshield was very long so it was tough to clean.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: What's a good price for a 2013 4Runner? by Astro14 @ Today at 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Nick1994Originally Posted By: DoogOriginally Posted By: Nick1994They're probably asking $30,000 for it. It makes more sense to buy a 2016 brand new one with a full warranty for $32k. Used car prices are ridiculous. A new
Jump to new posts Re: Selling my 9mm S&W Shield by bubbatime @ Today at 02:36 AM

Yeah Shields can be found on sale semi regularly in the $329-349 range. Asking $350 is full retail price for a new gun. Used gun should be in the $275-300 range.
Jump to new posts Re: Security Detail shows up at Malheur by bubbatime @ Today at 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixDoesn't give "The Man" the right to go over the line with their "law enforcement" tactics. Exactly what laws were they breaking? If they were breaking so many laws, why did this go on as long as it d
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: M1 0W-20 EP / 15,745 mi oci / 2004 Honda Accord V6 by vinu_neuro @ Today at 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: GasbuggyMy dad has an 06 Accord 3.0L. I believe his capacity is 4.7 quarts, he puts the whole 5 quart jug in when changing the oil. If it were mine I would put 5 in too. I would also top off when it's a 1/2 quart low rather t
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Motul gear 300 by Popsy @ Today at 02:23 AM

A small update, after ~1500Km, Castrol Syntrans transaxle is doing great in the Marea. Shifting is smooth and there's no grinding. I noticed with time (and heat?) I can now shift a bit faster. All in all I'm very satisfied, for a ~220000Km old gearb
European and Import Motor Oils
I thought they were part of the Total Fina Elf group? Here for example Yacco Galaxie 15W50 is the same price as Motul 300V 15W50, but on paper some more interesting specs (pour point -46). Their advertisement is also indicative of the technology (p
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: What paper engine air filter do YOU recommend? by Gasbuggy @ Today at 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Georgiey22 The anti K&N folks have beaten me into submission and I'm going to pull it this week. Unless I saw a high silicone number I wouldn't remove anything. I have a Spectre filter on my CTS-V, which is a practical
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Weather guys wrong again by Trav @ Today at 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: TravWe are going to have to agree to disagree on this, no minds will be changed. Trav , I have views on the science, and the application of prudent precautions to minimise risk. I am appalled a
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: New, UNUSED PSL-10241 CUT OPEN by Xrs2zz @ Today at 01:53 AM

Tearolater's best. Thanks for the C&P car51.
Jump to new posts Re: Quart low after 3100 miles 4.6 ltr modular by Falcon_LS @ Today at 01:46 AM

I would highly suggest running Amsoil or Liqui Moly Pro-Line engine flush to clean out the piston rings. If that doesn't help, you're probably looking at valve seals. Prior to the rebuild, I got my Grand Marquis with 125k miles on it, and it would c
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Power Steering Problems....... by hpb @ Today at 01:43 AM

Depends where the leak is coming from. My old Ford had a leaking steering rack, I put some Nulon Power Steering Stop Leak in, and it did the job. 2 years later, I still haven't added any more PS fluid.
Page 1 of 305 1 2 3 ... 304 305 >