by Falcon_LS
11/27/14 04:17 PM
First Impressions: Cooper Discoverer H/T
by Falcon_LS
11/27/14 03:31 PM
Torn between tool brands
by renegade_987
11/27/14 12:34 PM
the beggars are really out in force today.
by Chris142
11/27/14 11:56 AM
New F150 specs
by hattaresguy
11/27/14 11:47 AM
WTB: 99 Miata roll bar
by Klutch9
11/27/14 10:56 AM
PP 5W30 Vs Total Quartz Ineo MC3 5W30
by Thugzy
11/27/14 10:11 AM
Let's talk about stolen cars
by MalfunctionProne
11/27/14 09:42 AM
Very Tempted but Sailun Tires
by rjundi
11/27/14 09:38 AM
Spicing up my chili
by racer12306
11/27/14 09:13 AM
AAP $50 off $100+ first 2000 customers.
by sayjac
11/27/14 09:05 AM
Newest Members
EdBurns, wolf9832, marine65, Focality, zimmersci
52011 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (Alltherage, 05LGTLtd, aa1986, 97f150, 01_celica_gt, 77GrandPrix, 8 invisible), 1172 Guests and 177 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52011 Members
66 Forums
222684 Topics
3525436 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator/Motorcraft Tearing Issue by OVERKILL @ 6 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nyogthafascinating - so you've confirmed everything I posted is factual. I'm curious how you came up with this Originally Posted By: OVERKILL(this was a big hole punched in the media at the bottom of a pleat, vs the pleat tea
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing parts before they fail by JC1 @ 7 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BluestreamReplace the whole car, then you will have everything covered ROFL. Good one! Are you doing the timing belt job yourself or are you paying a shop/stealership to do this job? I think you are replacing way too many
Jump to new posts Re: New F150 specs by Y_K @ 8 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: hattaresguyI get the rated MPG on my silverado which is 15/19. A three MPG bump would save me roughly $7k in fuel costs over the projected 200k lifespan of the vehicle. On a $35k truck that's 1/4 of its purchase price. 1/5 o
Jump to new posts Re: New F150 specs by itguy08 @ 8 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts Nitpicking @ best; it is a class leader in the 4/9 ton class of PUs. How is it nitpicking? It's a fact Ram 1500 payloads are the bottom of the class. As is the towing capacity (related to payload). Fuel economy
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: the beggars are really out in force today. by ecotourist @ 11 minutes 18 seconds ago

In Winnipeg, I had a guy ask me for money to buy a bus ticket. I had a number of bus tickets so I gave him one. My co-workers told me they saw him trying to sell the bus ticket a block or so away. In London (England), on the same day as I was run do
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Most detergent? Best short-term cleaning oil? by barkingspider @ 13 minutes 9 seconds ago

Cheap syn Supertech is good for cleaning and short OCI.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: MOS2 for HEUI Powerstroke by folzag @ 17 minutes 47 seconds ago

Greetings, another data point for those interested... Based on things I'd passed along from reading threads here at BITOG, and David Newton in particular, my brother (lives in southern IN) decided he wanted to give a 30 weight a try in his '97 7.3L
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Does the brand of gas really matter? by Nyogtha @ 23 minutes 6 seconds ago

Agreed. There are common carrier pipelines such as Colonial, Plantation, Buckeye, that accept shipments as "fungible". Some have their own specs for meeting this criteria (Colonial is a prime example), and there are potential issues of addi
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Fine tooth ratchet 3/8" by stephen9666 @ 24 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeForget the Armstrong, its HEAVY and is identical to the old made in USA craftsman ratchets, as they were both made by the same company. The Armstrong is one of my least liked ratchets, mainly due to the lack of balance
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Spicing up my chili by montero1 @ 26 minutes 10 seconds ago

Sriracha http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm
Jump to new posts Re: Best wiper blades? by Char Baby @ 29 minutes 13 seconds ago

One thing I found that works[better] for me, especially with these long blades like 27" is, go shorter! For example, 24"-25". This has helped some, in reducing the streaking on the glass. And keep the wiper blades themselves clean(er)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Kitchen floor grout question by JTK @ 30 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8 Also, be cautious when "sealing". Too good of a seal will not allow moisture to move through the grout which can be a problem here in Florida and a few other moister areas... Steve, that's basically what th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk about stolen cars by Bluestream @ 35 minutes 44 seconds ago

Reading these posts reminds me of how far the world has declined from when I was young. I have a client who is a Polish immigrant. When he first came to Canada in the late 50's he got a job in the local BF Goodrich Tire factory working night shift.
Jump to new posts Re: Fear Getting Towed? You’ll Hate Watching This by bullwinkle @ 38 minutes 1 second ago

Be interesting to hear the back story-did the owner ever find out if they did it, & what (if anything ) did the local constables do about it?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator/Motorcraft Tearing Issue by JDW @ 39 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShotGun429I cut open my Motorcraft 820S filter off my last oil Change on my 2002 Ranger 4.0L SOHC. It was PERFECT. I would have No worries to keep using same. My Ranger 4.0 will tick on start up with MC, Napa Platinum made
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Spicing up my chili by Bluestream @ 45 minutes 27 seconds ago

I've been using sausage in my chili lately instead of beef. I like to serve it with grated cheddar and chopped green onions...
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator/Motorcraft Tearing Issue by Nyogtha @ 45 minutes 59 seconds ago

fascinating - so you've confirmed everything I posted is factual. I'm curious how you came up with this Originally Posted By: OVERKILL(this was a big hole punched in the media at the bottom of a pleat, vs the pleat tearing sideways on the Purolato
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing parts before they fail by Noey @ 55 minutes 2 seconds ago

OCD is best treated *elsewhere*. I replace things as necessary, or if I'm in there and part of that particular job requires me pulling some other wear item....like if I was in an engine with 75k miles to change a head gasket I'd go ahead and change
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Torn between tool brands by Kruse @ 56 minutes 55 seconds ago

Buy and use whatever brand of tools that YOU feel comfortable using. Also remember that the tool truck that makes the rounds today might not be around tomorrow. (The last place that I worked had a Snap On man just stopped showing up) Don't be a perso
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing parts before they fail by Bluestream @ 59 minutes 23 seconds ago

Replace the whole car, then you will have everything covered
Jump to new posts Re: A question, & opinions are welcome also by kenv @ Today at 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: donnyj08 Can We get some pictures of this beauty!? I personally love the Green mustangs. Sure: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/kenv/2014sept047_zpsf3f0e27f.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/kenv/2014sept034_z
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 3M 39089 Fuel System Tune-Up Kit by Newreet @ Today at 06:27 PM

LOL, that didn't take long. Amazon.com now has a $7 coupon available for this item.
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing parts before they fail by GreeCguy @ Today at 06:23 PM

How hard is it to replace the alternator? When I had the timing belt replaced on my oldest daughters Kia van, I did the very thing you're wanting to do, only I told him as well, "while you're in there, replace the alternator" as the alter
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: the beggars are really out in force today. by GreeCguy @ Today at 06:16 PM

Here's another one. About 15 years ago, two men approached me late one night in a parking lot. One of them with a big smile on his face walked up and asked me for money. I told him flat out that I wasn't going to give him any money and he best leave
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by barkingspider @ Today at 06:11 PM

02 Chevy S10 Out: smittys syn blend 5w30 In: Penz ultra 5w30 Filter: AC delco pf52e
Page 1 of 232 1 2 3 ... 231 232 >