Recent Topics
1999 ford expedition factory mercon v synthetic??
by merconvvv
07/23/16 11:40 PM
Buick 3800 - "Von Voyage" oil change?
by Alex_V
07/23/16 10:41 PM
Low oil level light on, but level not THAT low....
by gregk24
07/23/16 10:26 PM
Is SuperLube syn multi grease universal
by NattyBoh
07/23/16 10:05 PM
How come discount tire doesn't use jack stands?
by motor_oil_madman
07/23/16 09:41 PM
SAFETY ?: ramps in rear and jack stands in front
by SavagePatch
07/23/16 09:03 PM
Pennzoil ultra 5w30 back in stock at Walmart.com
by kohnen
07/23/16 08:37 PM
Homelite weedeater not getting fuel
by Drew99GT
07/23/16 08:26 PM
Stability issue on 2015 F250
by Donald
07/23/16 07:25 PM
2016 Tacoma 3.5L V6 4x4
by NavyVet88
07/23/16 07:10 PM
Question on 05 Nissan tranny w/120k
by NattyBoh
07/23/16 06:58 PM
Denso FTF oil filters
by mclasser
07/23/16 06:50 PM
Newest Members
Matt_P, tpragski, 182RG, BillHuang, jwilliamson185
58578 Registered Users
Who's Online
56 registered (ag_ghost, 4WD, 69GTX, 41 Plymouth, aquariuscsm, 6 invisible), 1260 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58578 Members
66 Forums
252173 Topics
4135146 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 10W-30 a better choice then 5W-30 by TiredTrucker @ 3 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: _MAXIMUS_5w30 is already past what is recommended in your Hemi, if you're still in warranty I would be putting in the proper oil, which is 5w20 If you have any issues with mds, Chrysler can test that oil and figure out you aren
Jump to new posts Re: Dexos 1 advertised as full sythetic by mjoekingz28 @ 5 minutes 12 seconds ago

There was just a thread on this oil. AC Delco full syn on Amazon for about $15 a quart. It was bashed but I bet it would work well in your turbo application.
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil 10w-30 by 4WD @ 6 minutes 31 seconds ago

AMG, McL, Aston Martin ...
Jump to new posts Re: Buick 3800 - "Von Voyage" oil change? by Chris142 @ 9 minutes 0 seconds ago

I think he is old enough to take care of his own stuff.
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil ultra 5w30 back in stock at Walmart.com by kohnen @ 10 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: beast3300Thanks for the heads up! I'm getting some! My work here is done!
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: How come discount tire doesn't use jack stands? by Nick1994 @ 11 minutes 36 seconds ago

For cars they usually use the lift which supports the entire car from the bottom. It's usually taller trucks they use floor jacks under the axles.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota 5w20, 1996 Civic 1.6L UOA by zeng @ 11 minutes 38 seconds ago

Syn blend for your Civic 1.6L ..... i won't hesitate at 5000 to 7000 mi OCI for now. 10000 mi OCI? Shouldn't be ruled out either.
Jump to new posts Re: I got a new to me 2011 Impala, advice? by gabriel9766 @ 14 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SR5Originally Posted By: gabriel9766I owned a 2010 impala for 2 yrs and 30k. Traded it in at 93k for the malibu which was brand new with 15miles on it. Tank goodness i bought an extended warranty on it. I payed like...2,300 for
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts 1999 ford expedition factory mercon v synthetic?? by merconvvv @ 14 minutes 53 seconds ago

Wondering if anyone knows wether the mercon v that was filled at factory fully synthetic or semi synthetic or dinosaur oil based. The factory fill is a lifetime fill when not overly severe driving. I got 160k out of factory fill which makes me think
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil 10w-30 by TiredTrucker @ 17 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: BobFoutThat was before the SAE change to the cold weather performance criteria. For some years now, in terms of cranking, 15w is rated down to -20C / 0F, while 10w is rated down to -25C / -15F. Pumpi
Jump to new posts Re: Synthetic VS. Synthetic Blend by 4WD @ 18 minutes 26 seconds ago

Good summary - and seems specs played a key role. Not just engine lubes - fluids specs like Dex VI pushes the oxi & shear demands towards III or better ... Do we need a federal version of synthetic when we already get 100k out of it ? Or 7500-150
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: An acquaintance I know committed suicide this week by Kuato @ 18 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AlOriginally Posted By: KuatoAgree - selfish and not nice to the family. Are they sure it's suicide? Nice sound bite. And it seems logical. But if and when you research the problem or have been there....you can't possibly kn
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Low oil level light on, but level not THAT low.... by Kuato @ 22 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gregk24Originally Posted By: turtlevette7/8 ? And you don't think the light should be on. No, not really. At that point is still has 5 quarts left in the sump. Like the other poster said though, I guess thats a good time fo
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a high caliber semi auto rifle by userfriendly @ 23 minutes 43 seconds ago

In Canada it's not legal to hunt big game with a center fire rile of less than 6mm or .243". Large animals such as bison, have a greater restriction, the approximate power of a 300 Win Mag with a minimum bullet weight of 180 grains. Even feral
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New VW vs Used Honda...... by andrewg @ 24 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jigenI don't think he or myself mean flat out speed, just fun factor. You don't need power, jumping into a new MX-5 or FRS/BRZ will show you that. You've got that right.
Jump to new posts Re: Buick 3800 - "Von Voyage" oil change? by aquariuscsm @ 24 minutes 59 seconds ago

Fill it up with Maxlife 20W50 and a good filter (maybe Fram Ultra). Like jsfalls said,20W50 won't hurt a 3800 in cold temps. If you don't want to use 20W50,fill it up with Maxlife 10W40 and a Fram Ultra,or any other hm oil in your favorite brand. Cal
Jump to new posts Re: SAFETY ?: ramps in rear and jack stands in front by SavagePatch @ 25 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2 Or I suspect the vehicle is pretty high up as-is, why not just drive up on some 2x10s with a front end angled. That's a good idea. I was trying to keep the car level when filling the transfercase but I imagine that it
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 04 silverado 1500 z71 5.3L recommendations by MetalSlug @ 26 minutes 29 seconds ago

will max life work with mercon V application ?
Jump to new posts Re: SAFETY ?: ramps in rear and jack stands in front by SavagePatch @ 27 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2The AWD makes this one more difficult. Why not two sets of jackstands? I only have one set and along with the one set of ramps. But good point, I can buy some more.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: engine compartment detailing by JamesBond @ 27 minutes 22 seconds ago

Whatever you do I always start the engine right after and drive it on the highway with the ac on then mix in some heat soaking idling so all the water dries off. You want that thing DRY before you park it.
Jump to new posts Re: Dexos 1 advertised as full sythetic by TiredTrucker @ 28 minutes 59 seconds ago

They can't "require" any particular brand like Mobil 1, but they can specify a spec an oil should meet.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: need help choosing small concealed carry pistol by bubbatime @ 31 minutes 21 seconds ago

I live in Florida. I too, hate the heat. I am a bigger guy. I have tried waistband carry, but it absolutely does not work with my body style, cargo shorts, and a thin t-shirt. I pocket carry every single day and can highly recommend the following:
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by mazdamonky @ 32 minutes 43 seconds ago

Did two oil changes today. 85 rx7 2k miles on Castrol GTX 10w40. It was a quart low and I had used my castrol 10w40 as top off on another car so I went ahead and changed it to M1 15w50 for the hot weather. Left the STP XL oil filter in place 2002
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New VW vs Used Honda...... by jigen @ 34 minutes 0 seconds ago

I don't think he or myself mean flat out speed, just fun factor. You don't need power, jumping into a new MX-5 or FRS/BRZ will show you that.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Taurus SHO by zeng @ 35 minutes 22 seconds ago

I wouldn't be worried with the 'high' Fe considering vehicle mileage and it's raced. This LM appears stout though and I would considering increasing OCI to 8000 or beyond. Yes, I would prefer xW40 to 5W30.
Page 1 of 242 1 2 3 ... 241 242 >