by ThirdeYe
Today at 09:53 AM
Why Direct Injection Develop Carbon Deposits
by CELICA_XX
Today at 09:31 AM
Found a Repair Manual Site - LEGIT??
by SumpChump
Today at 09:30 AM
Drilling hole in front strut mount bigger.
by MobilinHyundia
Today at 09:28 AM
1998 Ford 5.4 "chirping" noise
by Stelth
Today at 09:18 AM
Am I out of touch?
by mrsilv04
Today at 08:52 AM
favorite zerk fitting cleaner
by Donald
Today at 08:51 AM
Are Master Keys real?
by MalfunctionProne
Today at 08:50 AM
Newest Members
stephen44, car20022004, just1n020, GTWBoss302, RapidRide2
52665 Registered Users
Who's Online
94 registered (3800Series, 2sld3kf2bt, 90crvtec, 29662, -SyN-, 8 invisible), 1785 Guests and 169 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52665 Members
66 Forums
225775 Topics
3593208 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: So what do we think of BelRay? by Doog @ 1 minute 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: racin4dsI don't understand why guys with Harleys would ever run an expensive syn oil, I mean at the rate those things leak oil its a waste! I had 2 Harleys. Neither ever leaked anything.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: When to fill up? by 99Saturn @ 3 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DoogI fill up when I pass a station that is cheaper than in my local town. This. I wait until 1/4 tank typically unless the weekend is coming and I think we're going to drive a lot. I make sure I fill up in NJ rather than N
Jump to new posts Re: Am I out of touch? by Doog @ 4 minutes 21 seconds ago

I would try a few bottles of the Lucas stop leak and fill with the Maxlife PSF. Save the $700 for your next truck.
Jump to new posts Re: When to fill up? by mclasser @ 8 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteI fill up when the low gas warning light comes on. That's what it's there for. In my 23+ years of driving, I have never lost a fuel pump, although that in itself is not proof that what I'm doing is ideal. +1
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi OCI by jeepman3071 @ 8 minutes 53 seconds ago

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately there is no O'Reilly's in my state, so I think WalMart will be my source for oil. Good to know the 5.7L isn't hard on oil. I have done some reading about Hemi tick and it seems to be the result from people not ch
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: USPS tracking by mrsilv04 @ 9 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: larryinnewyorkNot to change the subject but, When I go to the Post Office to buy Stamps / after a Rate Increase I ask the Clerk if the rate increase is for building more warehouses to store the mail ? ? ? They either laugh or
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Why Direct Injection Develop Carbon Deposits by BMWTurboDzl @ 12 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: weasleySo one wonders why diesel engines don't suffer intake valve deposit problems in the same way? DI has been around for WAY longer than 18 years! Light truck and passenger car diesels DO get intake build up. It's a mixtur
Jump to new posts Re: Found a Repair Manual Site - LEGIT?? by wirelessF @ 15 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SumpChumpReally!? Like wiring diagrams zoomable? I've never seen that portal. I guess I just missed it. Buy a 2 day Toyota TIS account for $15, all the repair files are PDF so download them all on your free time.
Jump to new posts Re: 1998 Ford 5.4 "chirping" noise by Doog @ 16 minutes 47 seconds ago

Did you check the fan clutch?
Jump to new posts Re: DIY and your vehicle warranty by TiredTrucker @ 17 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Oily_hairOriginally Posted By: TiredTruckerExcept for internet folklore, I have never seen warranty denials going on except only in very extreme cases where it was indisputable that the owner really went outside the bounds of an
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Printer Ink cartridges? by brandini @ 17 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SubduedI left the inkjet money grab years ago. Laser all the way. Considering the new inkjets are cheaper than color laser it really all boils down to: do you print weekly or not.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: USPS tracking by larryinnewyork @ 18 minutes 10 seconds ago

Not to change the subject but, When I go to the Post Office to buy Stamps / after a Rate Increase I ask the Clerk if the rate increase is for building more warehouses to store the mail ? ? ? They either laugh or say "the mail is always moving
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Topping off a tdi, bad or good? by Jetronic @ 18 minutes 12 seconds ago

1 gallon is a lot to pump with reduced flow. the foam is there but dies quickly which is why I let it click off and then pump with reduced flow if I want to get as much as possible in.
Jump to new posts Re: Am I out of touch? by 99Saturn @ 18 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: suptonOriginally Posted By: CT8Originally Posted By: suptonYep. Now compare paying what seems like an outrageous amount against either trading a vehicle every 10 years or less, so as to avoid such costs; or keeping a spare vehi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: USPS tracking by morepwr @ 19 minutes 30 seconds ago

I have had the "not found" thing on tracking a few times and then the package arrives at my door. I don't think their tracking system is a very good one.
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi OCI by -SyN- @ 21 minutes 9 seconds ago

Jeepman In my honest opinion either PP or M1 5W-20 with a quality oil filter can easily go 10K miles! Especially with mostly Highway miles... The 5.7L is very easy on oil!
Jump to new posts Re: When to fill up? by Doog @ 21 minutes 45 seconds ago

I fill up when I pass a station that is cheaper than in my local town.
Jump to new posts Re: Am I out of touch? by supton @ 23 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: supton Who drives you to get the rental? "Enterprise. We'll pick you up." I should call them someday and see if they would deliver. That would be a hoot if they did. I'd have
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: PCMO In A New Ecodiesel Part Deux! by pwr2tow @ 23 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: demarpaintIs this the guy with the Ram PU that claims to be an engineer who ruined his engine messing with it? Yup, thats the idiot I mean guy. He's over on ram1500diesel spewing all kinds of garbage. Sad thing is most believe
Grease
Jump to new posts Chris King RingDrive substitute? by nthach @ 24 minutes 14 seconds ago

I'm in the process of building up a new bike and eventually I'll build up a new set of wheels with a pair of Chris King hubs, I'm using their headset and bottom bracket and they say a synthetic waterproof grease works fine there and I will be using M
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Accidentally poured some ATF into radiator by Built_Well @ 24 minutes 48 seconds ago

Here are a couple links I found that pertain somewhat to my situation: http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/quest...olant-reservoir and http://mechanics.stackexchange.com/quest...how-do-i-fix-it
Jump to new posts Re: When to fill up? by supton @ 25 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteI fill up when the low gas warning light comes on. That's what it's there for. In my 23+ years of driving, I have never lost a fuel pump, although that in itself is not proof that what I'm doing is ideal. I've
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Flashback. Cars u had in high school. by Benzadmiral @ 27 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: 440MagnumOriginally Posted By: BenzadmiralRegarding the Maverick/Comet: Given that I'd been riding the bus/cadging rides from increasingly reluctant friends, I was crazy-happy to have the Maverick. No argument there, and I
Jump to new posts Re: Am I out of touch? by Vikas @ 27 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: danthaman1980One thing to note... you're not comparing apples to apples here. Your costs might look something like: Steering rack: $235 Alignment: $75 PSF: $5 Parts Cleaner: $5 Tax: $16 Total: $336 Given this, it is perfectly f
Jump to new posts Re: Am I out of touch? by Quattro Pete @ 28 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: supton Who drives you to get the rental? "Enterprise. We'll pick you up."
Page 1 of 304 1 2 3 ... 303 304 >