Recent Topics
'91 Mazda B2600i transfer case and trans oil?
by Jason280
Today at 03:59 AM
How to cut power to breaker box ?
by Merkava_4
Today at 02:21 AM
Spark plugs in hi-per applications
by mjoekingz28
Today at 01:07 AM
OK, before I lube it ...
by BrocLuno
Today at 12:53 AM
Toyota Japan Fluid SDS
by SXE10
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Online Oil Viscosity Selectors
by Merkava_4
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Considering a differential swap
by buck91
Yesterday at 10:18 PM
HVAC Evaporator Cleaning Results
by sleddriver
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
Car Acronyms
by Marco620
Yesterday at 09:46 PM
Vibration with new tires - your thoughts
by Bandito440
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
Carpet cleaning methods.
by Run
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Fram XG16 4522mi 5.7 Hemi
by AntsinmyEyes
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Newest Members
peg, CornbreadMan, JoelB, alostaunau, alanwayne1908
58295 Registered Users
Who's Online
41 registered (B320i, alarmguy, 2015_PSD, AZjeff, AirgunSavant, Bandito440, 5 invisible), 1082 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58295 Members
66 Forums
250918 Topics
4112695 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: HVAC Evaporator Cleaning Results by JC1 @ 2 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Reddy45Impressive stuff. Are you a tradesman? +1, sounds like you have that AC unit running like a champ.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Filter for 5.7 Hemi by HemiHawk @ 3 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: HemiHawkQuestion though... My new fram ultras arrived, and I notice the holes in the top plate are quite small compared to any others in my stash (Mobil 1 EP, Fl820s, and a Pure 1). Are there any co
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to cut power to breaker box ? by alarmguy @ 6 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Colt45wsCall an electrician if you are this unsure of what you are doing. ^^^^ THIS. Based on the question you are asking, I can tell you should not be doing the job. Get an electrician. Seeking advice in a forum on something
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Carpet cleaning methods. by spasm3 @ 6 minutes 24 seconds ago

I've used my rigid wet/dry shop vac, and a squeeze pistol type nozzle on a garden hose. With the car facing downhill i spray water and vacuum at the same time, You can soak spills first with simple green or some other cleaner. For the rear, i have t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Car Acronyms by OneEyeJack @ 7 minutes 55 seconds ago

Fix It Again Tony Fix Or Repair Daily
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: kohler 17hp . changed oil , now will not run by chad8 @ 8 minutes 52 seconds ago

In my car i would usually warm it up to change the oil for a 20 minute drain. In this case , the drain is on the side at the bottom of the sump. I had planned on letting it drain all day , so what was the difference? The oil would cool soon and woul
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 17 yo deutsch filter? by Sayjac @ 9 minutes 0 seconds ago

Quote:Got a phone call from rockauto today about my return from some snobby young girl saying she didn't see a problem with using a old filter so I offered to sell them to her.... she declined so after 15 min of trying to explain why they are too old
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Online Oil Viscosity Selectors by Bud @ 13 minutes 27 seconds ago

I used the one on the Mobil site for my Honda. Said to use the 0w20, but could also use 0w30. Honda of course calls for the 0w20.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spark plugs in hi-per applications by PE400 @ 13 minutes 46 seconds ago

Are you using a std plug or HPX type? cut back angled ground could help.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Can Am Spyder by alarmguy @ 15 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fdcg27Sports cars and bikes used to be all about owner involvement. They were made to be easy to work on. I guess not anymore. When an owner can't do an oil change on something as rudimentary as a Harley, there's something wrong
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: 5w-40 synthetic vs 15w-40 synthetic by AirgunSavant @ 16 minutes 9 seconds ago

Thanks!!! Originally Posted By: BrocLunoOriginally Posted By: AirgunSavantNow I see Delo 400 at 15w30 just to throw that in the mix. Likely most shear stable of all... Prolly a synthetic or iso-syn mono that happens to make the 15W pour point so
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: How often do you change your bike oil? by alarmguy @ 21 minutes 19 seconds ago

Im not sure by what anyone means by "cheap oil" ... Who is to say low priced oil is inferior to oil with high prices and HUGE markups? Either an oil meets a spec or it doesnt. Anyone can take the cheapest oil sold and resell it at a high
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to cut power to breaker box ? by Bud @ 23 minutes 8 seconds ago

Breaker box equals call an electrician.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 99 Cherokee XJ Clock spring by Miller88 @ 24 minutes 18 seconds ago

As long as you use one for a 1999. There's 4 different Cherokee steering wheels for 97-01 even though they all look identical. Wired differently, etc. I'd try to at least get a non-cruise steering wheel!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Napa master pack oil filter price by Sayjac @ 26 minutes 13 seconds ago

Quote:I used them when the purolators went bad at the shop and when i sold the shop he still used them but it seems a few of the shops stopped using them for quality issues according to them or maybe they are getting a better deal on the ones they sw
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to cut power to breaker box ? by Miller88 @ 27 minutes 18 seconds ago

I'm all about DIY. This is something I would not do - and even if one wanted to, they can't. Around here, that's the job of the electric company. Tampering with it may even be disallowed by local bylaws.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Vibration with new tires - your thoughts by Bandito440 @ 27 minutes 52 seconds ago

Thanks everyone. I'll update upon a solution bring reached.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota Japan Fluid SDS by Tuar @ 37 minutes 14 seconds ago

Video about Toyota SDS.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to cut power to breaker box ? by rsylvstr @ 40 minutes 53 seconds ago

Yep he's wrong. The meter needs to be pulled by the power company. Upgrade the entire thing.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram XG16 4522mi 5.7 Hemi by Sayjac @ 49 minutes 30 seconds ago

Looks unsurprising good. As noted, at 4.5k miles hardly a dent in the extended oci high end Ultra's use potential. Thanks for c&p.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: SCAM!Anyone renting their water heater tank? by KrisZ @ 54 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLYou just caused me to check mine, and it has GONE UP!!! It is now $26 freakin' bucks!!!! It was $10 like last year????!!! Any chance that the price hike happened after they installed the new tank? I bet your old tank w
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator One and Puro Boss 14006 "Not Cut Open" by Sayjac @ 56 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix...Yep ... of the 3 models, the ONE has the best efficiency. And seems to have the better base plate design also... If I buy/use one again, it will be the ONE. Of course it will be with inspection first. Looks fine. And
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Vibration with new tires - your thoughts by Colt45ws @ 59 minutes 5 seconds ago

I'd just have them recheck the balance. Nearly everytime I have tires mounted, I have to have them rebalanced a few weeks later because one of the tires slipped on the wheel and now the weights are 90 degrees off.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How to cut power to breaker box ? by demarpaint @ Today at 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4 One of my neighbors told me that all I have to do is turn off the main breaker. He would be wrong. All shutting off the main breaker does is shut all power to the breakers in the panel. Power is still going to the
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: The Critic Drives; 2016 Honda Civic EX by gofast182 @ Today at 05:28 AM

Read some other reviews and check monthly sales numbers.
Page 1 of 256 1 2 3 ... 255 256 >