by ClutchDisc
04/16/14 08:39 PM
19 year old arrested due to using Heartbleed
by OVERKILL
04/16/14 08:36 PM
Capacity variation
by Sonataman
04/16/14 08:28 PM
GDI Turbo SUV driving style, make a difference?
by wemay
04/16/14 08:04 PM
2008 jetta rear brake job question
by raaizin
04/16/14 07:40 PM
Fram Extended Guard at Walmart
by Cristobal
04/16/14 07:36 PM
Newest Members
navynuke, AndrewX, UncleLee, dwreefs, turbomond
49598 Registered Users
Who's Online
80 registered (901Memphis, bdcardinal, BigCahuna, Astro14, 1 FMF, 01_celica_gt, 6 invisible), 1471 Guests and 209 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49598 Members
64 Forums
211982 Topics
3322318 Posts

Max Online: 2551 @ 04/05/14 01:28 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 5W-40 All year round? by panthermike @ 2 minutes 42 seconds ago

Use the 5w40 without issue if Hyundai says you can. IMO Gokhans experience of 7% loss of fuel economy is very unusual. Around 1-2% would be more realistic.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2 questions: Napa Synthetic and BMW X5 by DirkDiggler @ 3 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteThen why doesn't this document make a single mention of it? Strange. http://www.oilspecifications.org/bmw.php LL-01 applies to post-'02 BMW's so it looks like this operating fluids document is on point think I
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2 questions: Napa Synthetic and BMW X5 by DirkDiggler @ 6 minutes 15 seconds ago

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541486 Interesting discussion about LL-01 for high sulfur gas vs LL-04 low sulfur (ie Europe_
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Laser eye surgery by wkcars @ 10 minutes 17 seconds ago

I've had the prk in 2005, seeing better than 20/20. There's no guarantees on your results though, and you may still need glasses when you get older. There's lasik and prk, with pros and cons to each. Some vision/health insurance plans may even cover
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2 questions: Napa Synthetic and BMW X5 by DirkDiggler @ 10 minutes 38 seconds ago

plus, there is this little tidbit re M engines: 15w-40 mineral oil. . . . . hmmmm.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Best rider in $2000 range by FastGame @ 11 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sciphiDoes your lawn need a larger mower, or can a smaller machine with more bells and whistles do the job? I could get by just fine with what you bought, fact is my mower still works great so I don't need a new one. I just w
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Want new NYS plates. by redhat @ 12 minutes 40 seconds ago

I went to the DMV today with the form filled out (and the 'lost' box checked). I turned in both plates. Sure, I could have probably kept one plate home and got a new set for free and kept a plate for my wall. Dilemma was that I drove the Accord to
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Airing up tires by fordranger03 @ 15 minutes 12 seconds ago

Wow, I didn't expect this many responses. I'll look a bit further into all of them. What's the deal with water from some pumps? This is the first I've heard of this. How do I eliminate water from getting into the tires?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Laser eye surgery by rationull @ 16 minutes 3 seconds ago

I've thought about this too but regardless of the lack of risk I'm too much of a scaredy-cat. Not sure how bad "darn close to blind" is though. I can't read ~10-12 point text until it's about a foot away from my eyes. I would think past a c
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2 questions: Napa Synthetic and BMW X5 by DirkDiggler @ 19 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteThen why doesn't this document make a single mention of it? Strange. other than adding more confusion - they do reference part #'s often. Plus, if they require (not suggest but actually require) LL-01, I suspec
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: anxiety in public places by dparm @ 19 minutes 31 seconds ago

You need to seek professional help. It could be something like agoraphobia or enochlobphobia, which people can definitely develop over time. These conditions are treatable with counseling and/or medication.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: anxiety in public places by Trajan @ 20 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman[ Can someone develop this disorder? I didn't have this problem until maybe a couple years ago. Yes.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble booting off of a USB/DVD by ClutchDisc @ 23 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mattwithcatsIs that a CD/DVD drive or just a CD drive / player? Yea it is a CD/DVD drive. But it wouldn't recognize a music CD so there is definitely something wrong there.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Splash De-Bug Windshield Washer Fluid? by mattwithcats @ 24 minutes 24 seconds ago

Five to ten drops of Dawn dishwashing soap in the washer fluid tank, presto...
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Motorcraft FL-910S cut open - Kohler 25hp engine by jeepman3071 @ 25 minutes 34 seconds ago

This is a Motorcraft FL-910s filter from the 25 hp Kohler V-Twin on my John Deere rider. The filter was in use for 1 year, and about 100 hours. The only odd thing I noticed was that the ADBV seemed a bit stiff for being silicone, but otherwise the
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble booting off of a USB/DVD by ClutchDisc @ 25 minutes 46 seconds ago

Yep it's something with the DVD drive. Is there a way to boot this thing from a USB if you can't understand Japanese? I don't even know for sure if it supports USB booting but it is a 2006 so I would think it would.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Laser eye surgery by fisher83 @ 26 minutes 51 seconds ago

Curious about anyone's experience with this. My eye Dr. told me a couple of years ago that I would be a good candidate for it. I am pretty darn close to blind without glasses or contacts, but my vision seems to have stopped getting any worse accordin
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: what is friction modifer/limited slip additive? by MolaKule @ 27 minutes 12 seconds ago

Quote:why would i choose one of those versus something off the shelf at walmart or whatever's at the local parts store? If you are asking for a recommendation, I would choose whatever is local and the cheapest.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble booting off of a USB/DVD by mattwithcats @ 27 minutes 24 seconds ago

Is that a CD/DVD drive or just a CD drive / player?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2 questions: Napa Synthetic and BMW X5 by Quattro Pete @ 28 minutes 31 seconds ago

Then why doesn't this document make a single mention of it? Strange.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2 questions: Napa Synthetic and BMW X5 by DirkDiggler @ 32 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4That Purolator Classic is not gonna make it to 6,000 miles. ok - how far you think it is gonna go? I currently have an M1 filter in.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: restored lawn boy 2 cycle by spasm3 @ 32 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DonaldIs the goal to mow grass or own a vintage lawn mower? I think 2 cycle should be reserved for things you hold and carry the weight like chain saws, blowers, weed whackers. At least as far as OPE goes. Maybe both. In this
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2 questions: Napa Synthetic and BMW X5 by DirkDiggler @ 33 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: DirkDigglerOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteLink doesn't work. using wifes IPAD so some troubles cutting/pasting. just google BMW OPERATING FLUID That document appears very dated, probabl
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: 19 year old arrested due to using Heartbleed by Rolla07 @ 35 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GarakIf he's frightened about exam time, he should have been preparing for his exams, rather than hacking from his own IP. If he was smart he would of used a different ip for hacking. I would of hacked to get answers to the e
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: 19 year old arrested due to using Heartbleed by Rolla07 @ 37 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BarkleymutBack in my day we would go outside and kick a ball or go talk to girls. LOL..i dont think he does sports or can pick up girls..based on picture..
Page 1 of 273 1 2 3 ... 272 273 >