by 01rangerxl
09/17/14 10:33 AM
Run a Fram Ultra For 2 ~ 3 OCI's ?
by ChrisD46
09/17/14 10:31 AM
Tricks to opening door on '90 Buick LeSabre
by bullwinkle
09/17/14 10:23 AM
Consumer Reports includes Chinese tires...
by Hokiefyd
09/17/14 10:00 AM
cleaning painting holley carburetor
by 1 FMF
09/17/14 09:51 AM
Brick spray on sealer
by stockrex
09/17/14 09:46 AM
Do I need a new battery?
by Win
09/17/14 09:43 AM
Decoding Vin Numbers
by Concours14
09/17/14 09:12 AM
Spin on coolant filters
by Corelokt
09/17/14 09:04 AM
"Airless" Spray Gun 4 Fluid Film
by larryinnewyork
09/17/14 08:56 AM
Maker Faire?
by supton
09/17/14 08:22 AM
Diagnose my spark plugs please
by Spetz
09/17/14 08:21 AM
Newest Members
_diesel_, Glenno9, dwsmith43, Mathew_Boss, Scotthew
51323 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (actionstan, 01rangerxl, 04SE, 97f150, 1 FMF, 9 invisible), 1775 Guests and 259 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51323 Members
64 Forums
219361 Topics
3461599 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Do I need a new battery? by Miller88 @ 33 seconds ago

I'm thinking the battery on my focus is on its way out. Voltage is 12.1, 12.0 lately. And it's been cranking slower now that it's cooling down.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Small Particle MoS2 Settling Time by MolaKule @ 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Garak[quote=Rosetta]Going to wikipedia to get Einstenian theories about the phenomena and shooting here is a way to stay above the people. Quote:I gather that Mola knew about Brownian motion long before Wikipedia went online.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts 2011 Coyote powered Ranger for sale by 01rangerxl @ 2 minutes 24 seconds ago

Do want. http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1094459_little-ford-ranger-hides-a-big-sleeper-secret Only 900 mi on it. It does have the Tremec T56, not the ill fated China transmission. http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1094459_little-ford-ranger-
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for twin turbo USA made engine by jllgd @ 2 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8If it's a typical street rod it mostly cruises easy, with some occasional bursts of full power. That is EASY, and thus use thinner oil. M1 )w-40 wins here because it is easy to get, well priced, and exceptionally stout
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: stainless steel Dishwasher interiors by Quattro Pete @ 3 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Bandito440The MSDS doesn't show phosphate in any of the tabs. Hmm... I guess they changed the formula. I remember we had a discussion on dishwashing detergents here in BITOG last year, and some members said it contained pho
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Run a Fram Ultra For 2 ~ 3 OCI's ? by ChrisD46 @ 4 minutes 23 seconds ago

I have a vehicle which uses conventional dino SN rated oil at a 4K mile OCI . The oil filter is a pain to get at so curious if ok to run a Fram Ultra for 2 to 3 OCI's with again each OCI not exceeding 4K miles ? Engine is older but not sludged and ke
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Big brothering by Discount Tires by d00df00d @ 5 minutes 3 seconds ago

An inside-tire blowout is hardly comparable to losing grip on snow/ice.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: MUST be LEVEL for ATF Change by gogozy @ 5 minutes 35 seconds ago

what do you think.... if the dipstick is not even close to center in the ATF oil pan such the dipstick is at thither side end of the pan, and pan is rather wide or flat shape of container, instead of being square, or tall, than any small degree of sl
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: ETHANOL mandate cut! by Miller88 @ 6 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8ANYTIME you hear the code word "carbon" you know to grab your wallet! Al Gore salivates ...
Jump to new posts Re: cleaning painting holley carburetor by OVERKILL @ 9 minutes 30 seconds ago

Do you need the choke plate? If not you could just swap out the main body for a Proform or some other aftermarket one.
Jump to new posts Re: Decoding Vin Numbers by eljefino @ 10 minutes 16 seconds ago

The best you can hope for is a dealer who can pull your build sheet. A GM, for next best example, has the RPO label which you can decode online. Will have 50 or so three-letter codes plus some paint codes. The "rules" for VINs use/waste
Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Spin on coolant filters by DoubleWasp @ 11 minutes 42 seconds ago

NAPA 4019 base NAPA 4070 filter Use that on my cars, truck, and most client vehicles I maintain.
Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Spin on coolant filters by DoubleWasp @ 11 minutes 48 seconds ago

NAPA 4019 base NAPA 4070 filter Use that on my cars, truck, and most client vehicles I maintain.
Jump to new posts Tricks to opening door on '90 Buick LeSabre by bullwinkle @ 11 minutes 57 seconds ago

Wondering if anybody has done this before-mother in law's old LeSabre won't open the drivers front door with inside nor outside handles when unlocked. Any tricks (other than destroying the inside door panel) to getting it open?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Consumer Reports includes Chinese tires... by Quattro Pete @ 13 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Hokiefydhttp://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/...tings/index.htm Anyone has access to the full test? Wondering what they had to say about the Nokian Hakka R2... Thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Do I need a new battery? by OneEyeJack @ 14 minutes 4 seconds ago

If you're worried about getting stranded replace it. I had a less than one year old battery fail a couple of weeks ago. Tested okay but would not completely charge over night. Autozone tested it and replaced it under the warranty.
Jump to new posts Re: Do I need a new battery? by eljefino @ 14 minutes 13 seconds ago

I've had nearly dead batteries as you describe. A little time on a 6 amp charge and they get their act together to start. Oddly the charge current drops way off after ten minutes; a good battery would take many hours to get from "not cranking&
Jump to new posts Re: New battery freshness? by bullwinkle @ 15 minutes 32 seconds ago

I know if the date code is over a year old AZ sells them as used at a decent discount, but. I've had AAP try to give me one over a year old before (on an online order where they pull it). Problem is they don't charge them on the rack & they will
Industrial- Other / Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Using a little hot-rod tech on industrial equip by DoubleWasp @ 16 minutes 21 seconds ago

Pretty much.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: "Airless" Spray Gun 4 Fluid Film by Donald @ 17 minutes 16 seconds ago

I get my vehicles done using CarWell. Similar to FF. They spray it on using a liquid based pump I believe rather than a air driven spray.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: troy bilt mower wont startwhen warm by PhilsSmallEngine @ 18 minutes 0 seconds ago

Check the flywheel brake/bale control cable. It may be the ignition failing but start with the cable. Replace it if the cable binds up, requires effort to pull or is kinked. the number of Briggs flatheads I see, I would estimate 1% actually have a fa
Jump to new posts Re: Do I need a new battery? by bullwinkle @ 18 minutes 28 seconds ago

What is your voltage after it sits overnight? 12.6 VDC or higher? I think I'd change it, not worth it if it dies in a snow (or hood-freezing shut) ice storm.
Jump to new posts Re: Do I need a new battery? by Donald @ 19 minutes 16 seconds ago

I think its on the way out. Its 5 maybe 6 years old. What is the CCA reading after fully charging with a AC charger?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Honda DI and CVT issues? by Hokiefyd @ 20 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: busterI think Honda's CVT is average at best. Why do you think that? I'm not saying that you're wrong...just curious about what data you're using to base your opinion.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 Custom Blend 0w30 - 4,000 mi, 2014 Mazda 3 by Artem @ 20 minutes 42 seconds ago

The previous two UOA were of Mobil 1's 0w30 AFE. It's designed for fuel economy, so I imagine that it's thinner, that's why I blended my own 0w30 in hopes of making a strong blend. Seems to work out just fine.
Page 1 of 243 1 2 3 ... 242 243 >