04/25/15 07:34 PM
How about a Truck/Modified/muscl
e car section?

by ls1mike
04/25/15 06:57 PM
Roofer issue (sorry long)
by faltic
04/25/15 06:45 PM
Need Opinions: Take Car to Dealer for Free OC?
by C4Dave
04/25/15 06:16 PM
plug gap
by Dallas69
04/25/15 06:13 PM
Turbo Maxx Oil Additive ?
by lawnguy
04/25/15 05:45 PM
Best seal sweller available in UK?
by ThorpeyD
04/25/15 05:20 PM
Klondike Oil
by Tech819
04/25/15 05:05 PM
Elliptical wing, Racing aircraft?
by expat
04/25/15 04:52 PM
2004 LeSabre broken speedometer
by Milkman
04/25/15 04:20 PM
Disable Google Chrome Enhanced Bookmarks
by SrDriver
04/25/15 03:57 PM
Newest Members
rutherford, kiernan, chas8754, apeevey, zeb
53725 Registered Users
Who's Online
106 registered (aquariuscsm, A310, 77GrandPrix, 00Max00, 4Scott4, 8 invisible), 1806 Guests and 180 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53725 Members
66 Forums
230321 Topics
3686720 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Need Opinions: Take Car to Dealer for Free OC? by aquariuscsm @ 2 minutes 9 seconds ago

The absolute ONLY thing someone other than me will ever do to my car is something that would require a lift (that is until I have one installed in my garage).
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Snake Oil ? by lawnguy @ 2 minutes 46 seconds ago

A small 4cyl truck with 240k miles, pulling 2,000 lbs in stop and go traffic. Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: lawnguySomething that prevents metal to metal friction under a heavy load? Originally Posted By: lawnguyIs there at l
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oversized Mobil1 M108 by sayjac @ 2 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYeOriginally Posted By: kschachnPlus, once again, no tangible or demonstrable benefit either. Except that it makes some people feel better. Originally Posted By: sayjac^^^^You are 100% correct sir. Anytime one uses an ove
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Snake Oil ? by OVERKILL @ 5 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: lawnguySomething that prevents metal to metal friction under a heavy load? Originally Posted By: lawnguyIs there at least one engine oil additive that isn't snake oil ? That is one of the functions oil is formulated to do..
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Snake Oil ? by aquariuscsm @ 5 minutes 15 seconds ago

The Liqui Moly stuff is supposed to be the real deal. I remember this stuff called Prolong back in the mid 90s. What exactly was it?? Seemed a really tiny bottle was like 20 bucks or so.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Barn Find (mid 1950s Dodge) by ls1mike @ 6 minutes 30 seconds ago

Cool old house!
Jump to new posts Re: Need Opinions: Take Car to Dealer for Free OC? by turtlevette @ 7 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: C4Dave The dealer has given me a free oil change. There's a reason why they do that. Normally they do more damage than they fix. If you don't care that much about your car, its fine. If you're anal about your car, I wouldn
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Roofer issue (sorry long) by ls1mike @ 7 minutes 41 seconds ago

I don't understand while they would not seal it. I just had a 50 year roof put on my place 12,000.00 bucks it included all new protrusions and flashing. Did you show them what it was doing? If you hold back payment will they put a lien on your plac
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Snake Oil ? by lawnguy @ 8 minutes 4 seconds ago

Something that prevents metal to metal friction under a heavy load? Originally Posted By: lawnguyIs there at least one engine oil additive that isn't snake oil ?
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bypass wizards check in, Cat 1R-0749...skip it by CT8 @ 9 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: zpinchOriginally Posted By: GreasymechtechI am not a zombie. I am an experimenter. I try to do things and make things better. I don't care what you do or don't do to your car, or what data is available for/against. Modify a
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Snake Oil ? by turtlevette @ 10 minutes 32 seconds ago

STP, Lucas, ZDDP additives, Restore, Motor Honey of various types, Moly additives, seal conditioners and stop leaks, and many more.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pro Motive PH-2222 (CUT OPEN) by car51 @ 11 minutes 51 seconds ago

Darn'd right good sir!!
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MANN Air Filter after 5 Years and 52,000 Miles by WobblyElvis @ 12 minutes 15 seconds ago

I ran an air filter 73,000 miles. The engine started to suck more oil out of the fresh air breather down into the throat of the engine. Secondly, I had to open the throttle more to get power, this caused the transmission to downshift more. With a cle
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Snake Oil ? by OVERKILL @ 13 minutes 19 seconds ago

The ones used by the manufacturer when formulating a fully formulated engine oil LOL!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline V0-105 (CUT OPEN), 8K~ 2013 Impala by car51 @ 13 minutes 32 seconds ago

Thank you bullwinkle. ;-)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Roofer issue (sorry long) by eljefino @ 14 minutes 2 seconds ago

Metal over shingles is pretty common here. A complete roof job doesn't include the manpower/ disposal cost of disposing of the old asphalt shingles, and helps cover the somewhat greater expense of metal. It would have been nice for them to flash th
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: How about a Truck/Modified/muscle car section? by ls1mike @ 14 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Joe_PowerHow about - No.... there are dozens of other forums that cater to that. Fair enough, but I would like to talk to some folks here about that stuff that is not brand specific.
Jump to new posts Re: Need Opinions: Take Car to Dealer for Free OC? by CT8 @ 15 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: EddieYes. I let me dealer do the first oil change to establish a repore with the dealer. Get the service managers business card and make yourself known. A good first name bases can be worth a great deal in case you need future s
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What would make a car smell like a small 2 stroke? by Errtt @ 17 minutes 3 seconds ago

Maybe putting to much 2-stroke oil into the gas tank lol
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Snake Oil ? by lawnguy @ 18 minutes 38 seconds ago

Is there at least one engine oil additive that isn't snake oil ?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: toyota oem filters - 10k change ?? by CT8 @ 20 minutes 17 seconds ago

The air filter and well sealed intake plumbing is the most important filter
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Orange Can - Is it Ok? by webfors @ 21 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jk_636Present to me the burden of proof! Just because Fram uses them (who also happens to make many different OEM filters) doesn't make them the most prevelant. I need to see some statistics to back that up. I highly doubt
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MANN Air Filter after 5 Years and 52,000 Miles by DoubleWasp @ 22 minutes 15 seconds ago

I think it's more that the turbochargers don't play nice with plugged filters. A turbocharged engine is going to keep sucking harder and harder at the filter until it gets the air to the engine that it needs. I've seen imploded air filters on air c
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Are speeding tickets worth fighting? by turtlevette @ 23 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: javacontour I think this is part of what's going wrong with the nation. There are too many who think it's ok to game the system. To see if they can get away with it. You mean like when cops don't write other cops or their f
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Roofer issue (sorry long) by dernp @ 25 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: falticOriginally Posted By: Mr Nice How many square feet is your roof ? I am paying for 35 square That's a decent size. You're in the driver's seat regardless because you can hold back payment. I would just mention it to
Page 1 of 285 1 2 3 ... 284 285 >