Recent Topics
best grease for driveshaft u-joint.
by DesertTundra
Today at 01:03 AM
Lightest oil?
by 13Tacoma
Today at 12:14 AM
2014 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4 after 3 weeks.
by Fatboymoe
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
04-06 MB E55: what should i know about them?
by WhyMe
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Need ideas on a part time job
by KenO
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Trying Diesel Oil in Kohler
by lawman1909
Yesterday at 10:26 PM
Wix 33647 Opened, (Jeep Liberty CRD)
by Nate
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
Vacuum line for seafoam
by gr8gatzby
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
High Pb with 5w-40
by sdan27
Yesterday at 09:44 PM
Honda 2.4 inverted mounted engine.....
by gregk24
Yesterday at 09:42 PM
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum reviews
by Pajero
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
Falex Siezure Load of Base Oils
by MolaKule
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
Newest Members
MechanicsHelper, ka6uup, jmrico, drdburch, shadizzle2
50764 Registered Users
Who's Online
20 registered (901Memphis, Bama, Nate1979, Blkstanger, 5 invisible), 643 Guests and 240 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50764 Members
64 Forums
216802 Topics
3412711 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: What bike (s) do you have? by [RT] ProjUltraZ @ 9 minutes 39 seconds ago

1986 Miyata Ridgerunner black w/ the 80s pink letters Bio-pace 170 1990 Trek 2500 carbon black ultegra but got dura ace 172.5 cranks 2013 Specialized Crosstrail disc white w/ red letters
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Ford Falcon revealed by demarpaint @ 19 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsmOriginally Posted By: 01rangerxlI don't think I have ever seen a current gen SHO in person. They`re beautiful! Only wish they were RWD. They're nice, and RWD would be a home run.
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: best grease for driveshaft u-joint. by shDK @ 29 minutes 32 seconds ago

Ordinary chassis grease.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Engine oil for my 08 legacy GT Limited by sicko @ 36 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Jonlee89Ok so the stock Subaru oil was breaking down faster due to the heat of the turbo so I searched for oils that might withstand the heat a bit better I previously used royal purple in my other cars and had used some of thei
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: '08 Ford V10 by ZeeOSix @ 37 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Triton_330Originally Posted By: dnewton3They will NOT extend the lifecycle of the engine; that is a fallacy based upon mythology and total misunderstanding of a very old filter study. They will extend the lifecycle of the OCI,
Jump to new posts Re: Engine oil for my 08 legacy GT Limited by Jonlee89 @ 41 minutes 21 seconds ago

What oils would you recommend that can hold up to the heat of a turbo engine to help it stay cleaner and possibly reduce friction on parts and prolong life and why would you recommend them
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Who's Moving On? by ZeeOSix @ 44 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SilverC6Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: SilverC6You don't have to look at 20 year old history. FRAM Ultras are falling apart in service in vehicles right now. Nice try ... So if you know all about the
Jump to new posts Re: Engine oil for my 08 legacy GT Limited by Jonlee89 @ 44 minutes 59 seconds ago

Ok so why Would the turbo setup run better on a thicker oil like say 10-30 or 10-40 vs the recommended 5-30 and what about the oil flow through the turbo lines and journal bearing passage in the turbo this is. My first Subaru and am just wanting to s
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Ford Falcon revealed by Silk @ 48 minutes 34 seconds ago

Mustang was born of Falcon....
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What a horrible experience..... by Olas @ 48 minutes 40 seconds ago

aside from being much easier to break in to, the auto open/close feature is another reason Id never buy a convertible.
Jump to new posts Re: Engine oil for my 08 legacy GT Limited by Jonlee89 @ 54 minutes 55 seconds ago

Ok thank you to everyone on your impute yes there aren't really going to be much change in the 5-30 oils but the perspiratory bled components that might be better then an other oils blend if it holds up to heat better and stays cleaner or wether it j
Jump to new posts Re: new license plates. why? by Colt45ws @ 58 minutes 44 seconds ago

Yeah, its 7 years here. The CVLX will be due next year. Im going to have my original number reprinted. I haven't had a front plate on it in some time. Not since the front plate bracket got ripped off. Got pulled over for it once, but he didnt give me
Jump to new posts Re: Lightest oil? by sicko @ Today at 03:05 AM

Have you checked out the oil articles section on the home page? It's a great place to start learning about motor oil. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-101/ http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/putting-the-simple-back-into-viscosity/
Jump to new posts Re: Engine oil for my 08 legacy GT Limited by Jonlee89 @ Today at 03:03 AM

Part of that is true but you can get slightly better mpg and performance with oil now days with so manny company's changing oil to make it better and stay cleaner by removing some natural properties out and adding a additive that not only can bond t
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Ford Falcon revealed by Shannow @ Today at 02:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_ILNot too sure it's a "notable" market! AWD seems to be all the rage right now. The new Falcon seems to be like a "four door Mustang". The mass produced performance car market seems saturated. N
Jump to new posts Re: Engine oil for my 08 legacy GT Limited by Jonlee89 @ Today at 02:53 AM

Ok so the stock Subaru oil was breaking down faster due to the heat of the turbo so I searched for oils that might withstand the heat a bit better I previously used royal purple in my other cars and had used some of their other products and they were
Jump to new posts Re: Lightest oil? by Shannow @ Today at 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: 13TacomaAwesome. Thank you. Viscosity index is like a flow characteristic right? So the higher the vi, the faster the oil will flow to protect against wear especially at startup? If that is correct then would vi be the most i
Jump to new posts Re: Lightest oil? by Shannow @ Today at 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisThere is a range you must fall into at both the 40C and 100C mark to qualify for a certain grade. Here is the chart, you are looking at the left side for motor oil. There's no 40C requirement for engine oils, the ISO
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: best grease for driveshaft u-joint. by Trav @ Today at 02:13 AM

If the new ones have zerks use Mobil 1 synthetic grease (red).
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VW 502 to 504 really worth it? by deven @ Today at 02:05 AM

I guess I over simplify things a little too much but I am of the belief that the better the base stock the less deposits in an engine period since they tend to burn cleaner and resist oxidation better. I'm pretty sure that there are tests done to pr
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Who's Moving On? by SilverC6 @ Today at 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: SilverC6You don't have to look at 20 year old history. FRAM Ultras are falling apart in service in vehicles right now. Nice try ... So if you know all about the past Fram failure history, why
Why is a guy from IL talking in Km's? Use either one and sleep well at night.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: NHRA drag racing june 15. by 02SE @ Today at 01:28 AM

Well... lets just say there is more than one way to measure the torque being passed through a driveline.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: they are still doing it NHRA by 02SE @ Today at 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: KenOOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8They are over regulated for safety. They cannot risk a death on TV. Thank the lawyers... Over-regulated for safety?? You're kidding, right? NHRA is one of the most dangerous 4-wheeled mo
Vehicles
Nice review, enjoy the new ride!
Page 1 of 278 1 2 3 ... 277 278 >