by buster
07/31/15 11:38 PM
Water seperator?
by buck91
07/31/15 10:18 PM
steering wheel won't return to center on it's own
by motor_oil_madman
07/31/15 09:47 PM
Any updates on Jared Fogle? (Subway guy)
by Vern_in_IL
07/31/15 09:28 PM
Castrol MV Import users
by Jake777
07/31/15 09:28 PM
UOA Motul 300V 10W40, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650
by CentAmDL650
07/31/15 09:24 PM
strut mount bearing popping after repairs
by ram_man
07/31/15 09:13 PM
You cant see the engine under the oil cap on a 122
by slacktide_bitog
07/31/15 09:06 PM
30 years old with shingles outbreak
by 04SE
07/31/15 08:55 PM
0w-20 makes me wonder about 5w-40
by Jasper8146
07/31/15 07:57 PM
Unusual Belt Noise - Toyota Camry 3.5L V6
by The Critic
07/31/15 07:56 PM
Rowdy "Hot Rod" Piper passed away
by car51
07/31/15 07:33 PM
Newest Members
RobertJM, RCRcer, calthomp, pefer, ATrain
54900 Registered Users
Who's Online
42 registered (carlprop, AZjeff, BusyLittleShop, Chris142, autoguru_24, 5 invisible), 847 Guests and 91 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54900 Members
66 Forums
235198 Topics
3784038 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Is Our Universe a Fake? by expat @ 1 minute 32 seconds ago

If when I die I do not learn the meaning of life, I'll be really [censored] off
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Leaking floor jack repair. by mjoekingz28 @ 1 minute 36 seconds ago

Getting it exchanged may hurt. Like I see on GJ, folks who take their grandfather's or whoever's old Craftsman ratchets in for repair and grt a cheezy Chinese one in exchange. They sure do seem sore about it sometimes, like tif they would have know
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol MV Import users by gregk24 @ 2 minutes 22 seconds ago

If I were you I would use Honda DW-1 and do a single drain and fill every year / 10K miles. Thats what my schedule is on the Accord. It keeps the fluid fresh and clean.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Chrysler spec MS-6395 by SR5 @ 2 minutes 58 seconds ago

It shouldn't be too hard to find a oil that is both 6395 and DEXOS rated. Then you have it covered both ways. About the specs. on the web site versus the bottle. Check the product ID number, if they are the same then it sounds like the web site is
Jump to new posts Re: Euro formula? by SR5 @ 9 minutes 46 seconds ago

Roger, I thought you were talking about all Euro Synthetics, not M1 in particular. Yes I don't buy Mobil either, hard to find, and over priced when you do find it. Happy to buy Castrol, Valvoline, Shell and Penrite. Nulon looks good, but I've nev
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: It's 1992- Which of these do you choose and why? by exranger06 @ 11 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mclasserOriginally Posted By: exranger06I actually do have a 1992 Accord, so I would choose the Accord. It's fun to drive, it looks good, it's reliable, economical, and practical. Nice! Pics of the car? Sure. Here are some p
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Is Our Universe a Fake? by djb @ 15 minutes 37 seconds ago

Here is one bit of evidence that we just perceive the "shadow" of a better universe: We can know either the position or the velocity of a subatomic particle, but not both simultaneously. That is analogous to the shadow of a pipe. If you
Jump to new posts Re: Euro formula? by virginoil @ 18 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SR5VOil, it's quite a bit cheaper on the east coast of Oz, than over in WA. I can get 5L of synthetic Shell 5W30 A3/B4 for under $50-, and 6L of Penrite 10W40 synthetic A3/B4, MB 229.5 for under $60- . Both under $10 per L.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 30 years old with shingles outbreak by AZjeff @ 18 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Shannow Early last year I woke up with the left half my face paralysed, which was Bell's Palsy, again strongly linked to a shingles type process, but the nerve inflammation being the facial nerve where it passes through the ea
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Noise Level after oil change. by Merkava_4 @ 22 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Move up to 5W-30. Engine noise = poor lubrication = shorter engine life. ^ What he said.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Car and truck differences by mjoekingz28 @ 23 minutes 58 seconds ago

TiredTrucker, I think you are taking it too 'word for word' . By that I mean, it is understood that pretty much only tractor/trailers use the weigh stations even though they state something along the lines of 'all trucks must exit'.
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: Piston prop air cooled oils by BusyLittleShop @ 24 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28JFYI, they state that synthetic oils are incapable of solubilizing engine contamination and combustion by-products. The difference between synthetic and mineral oils are the structure of the molecules and the purity
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual Belt Noise - Toyota Camry 3.5L V6 by dishdude @ 24 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: The CriticHave a strange belt noise issue. Issue: During cold start-up, there is noticeable belt-squeal when you place the car into “Reverse.” He knows it's the belt, a tensioner or belt driven accessory. I don't see how run
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual Belt Noise - Toyota Camry 3.5L V6 by Merkava_4 @ 26 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dishdudeHe already knows it's the belt! I don't see that in the OP.
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Noise Level after oil change. by RAM_Designs @ 26 minutes 45 seconds ago

I put some PP 5w-20 in my Hemi truck and switched it out after about 1500 miles...just didn't like the noise. Put some 10w-30 PYB in and it was noticeably quieter. I don't do long OCI's anyways, so the PP was a bit much anyways. I'll just stick to
Jump to new posts Re: Euro formula? by SR5 @ 28 minutes 3 seconds ago

VOil, it's quite a bit cheaper on the east coast of Oz, than over in WA. I can get 5L of synthetic Shell 5W30 A3/B4 for under $50-, and 6L of Penrite 10W40 synthetic A3/B4, MB 229.5 for under $60- . Both under $10 per L. I've been to WA a few tim
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual Belt Noise - Toyota Camry 3.5L V6 by dishdude @ 28 minutes 13 seconds ago

He already knows it's the belt!
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual Belt Noise - Toyota Camry 3.5L V6 by Merkava_4 @ 28 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dishdudeWhat's the point of doing that? If there's no noise, you know it's the belt.
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual Belt Noise - Toyota Camry 3.5L V6 by michaelluscher @ 28 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dishdudeOriginally Posted By: Merkava_4Start it up without the belt on and put it in reverse. What's the point of doing that? By disconnecting the Belt, you take it and everything it's driving out of the equation as the noi
Jump to new posts Re: strut mount bearing popping after repairs by Merkava_4 @ 30 minutes 26 seconds ago

General and Off Topic
The most liberal, hand wringing, fraidy hole hiding judge in this country would not send somebody to stand "trial" in a third world dunghole like Mugabeland. Besides, the feds have enough vague laws on the books to prosecute anybody for an
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual Belt Noise - Toyota Camry 3.5L V6 by dishdude @ 32 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Start it up without the belt on and put it in reverse. What's the point of doing that?
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual Belt Noise - Toyota Camry 3.5L V6 by Merkava_4 @ 33 minutes 42 seconds ago

Start it up without the belt on and put it in reverse.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Any updates on Jared Fogle? (Subway guy) by friendly_jacek @ 35 minutes 2 seconds ago

sugar industries striking back?
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual Belt Noise - Toyota Camry 3.5L V6 by friendly_jacek @ 40 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: The Critic The only possibility left would be the alternator decoupler pulley. they are known to fail.
Page 1 of 297 1 2 3 ... 296 297 >