Recent Topics
Smoother engine from going up one grade?
by Merkava_4
03/28/15 01:43 PM
Shell/Pennzoil teams up with Don Schumacher Racing
by johnnydc
03/28/15 01:34 PM
Another airliner vanished
by Vikas
03/28/15 11:26 AM
Oil recommendation for a 1965 Volvo 122S.
by andx0r
03/28/15 10:39 AM
Had the most fun on 2 wheels in a long time
by skyactiv
03/28/15 10:38 AM
Driving Instructor Prank
by montero1
03/28/15 10:11 AM
New Distributor - Any suggestions for good brand?
by Bama
03/28/15 09:51 AM
Home Depot oil prices on par w/WMart
by wemay
03/28/15 09:07 AM
Bulldog loves the leaf blower
by Stelth
03/28/15 08:54 AM
Ethanol and Carburetors
by Oldswagon
03/28/15 08:33 AM
Details on free Windows 10 offer
by Hokiefyd
03/28/15 08:26 AM
Pennzoil Question - Which is the Preferred Oil?
by Best F100
03/28/15 08:15 AM
Newest Members
broncobuggy, bugracer, sour, Jettaman, Neuman
53345 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (anl0109, aquariuscsm, 97tbird, 87sammy, Al, asiancivicmaniac, 9 invisible), 2153 Guests and 169 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53345 Members
66 Forums
228801 Topics
3656285 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
On some engines definitely other no difference and some worse.
Automotive General Topics
Originally Posted By: CBR.worm BTW someone mentioned an infiniti version, infiniti does not have a version of this car, or any modern Nissan aside from the Armada and Pathfinder. The Altima looks like a G/Q40/50/60 but they are totally different pla
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Truck Tire Balancing by Jetronic @ 2 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ken2Just looked at a Firestone site. Weights of new tires shown range from 103 to 134 pounds. definitely. I used to mount truck and bus tyres before, and guesstimated the heaviest combo's were about 175 pounds. I never chec
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody following World Cup Cricket? by Evanson @ 3 minutes 3 seconds ago

Don't forget: The final is today! Or it starts today. Or is it tomorrow. Depends on where you live.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Driving Instructor Prank by RF Overlord @ 4 minutes 14 seconds ago

Ms. Chin did a commendable job playing a nerd-girl who can't drive...the look on her face while the instructors were freaking out was priceless.
Engine Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: MrQuackersInstalled on an SL2 engine. Initial fill was ~3.6 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20 and 0.4 quart Valvoline NGMLHM 10w-40. 4 quarts top-off: 2.5 quarts of VNGML 10w-40, 0.5 quart Valvoline VR1 SAE60, 1 quart Rislone
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Heard a new one towards the Fram hate today .... by David1 @ 7 minutes 4 seconds ago

anyone see this video?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: China buying Pirelli by Evanson @ 7 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: krzyssOriginally Posted By: EvansonThey don't have people who deny the problem nor corporations that have so much power they shape regulations and get away with poor practices. It does not get any bigger than companies owned b
Jump to new posts Smoother engine from going up one grade? by Merkava_4 @ 8 minutes 22 seconds ago

I got the idea to start this thread after reading this interesting post: Originally Posted By: fdcg27I can't say that I've ever really noticed this. What I have noticed is how much smoother and quieter any engine seems going up one grade. Has anyon
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: China buying Pirelli by Evanson @ 12 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jcwitOne more example, own an RV? Brand makes little to no difference. Where do you think the majority of the components come from, just take a wild guess. LOL I'm just picturing someone building their own PC, unable to com
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: What is the best value AR15 style rifle (.223/556) by Robenstein @ 13 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: whipI've noticed places have lowers and pistol lowers. Is there a mechanical difference, or just the way it's registered? Was the question about what tools are needed answered? It just has to do with how they are registered.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Distributor - Any suggestions for good brand? by NHGUY @ 15 minutes 40 seconds ago

I have seen very bad luck with WPS brand distributors.More Chinese junk...
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Shell/Pennzoil teams up with Don Schumacher Racing by johnnydc @ 17 minutes 43 seconds ago

http://synthetics.pennzoil.com/pennzoil-partners-with-don-schumacher-racing-nhra/ Just thought I'd pass this along.
Jump to new posts Re: Matt Snider teaches when to do a OC by Jetronic @ 22 minutes 15 seconds ago

did he have some arco graphite oil wit the unused samples there?
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Tall Curb by jsfalls @ 22 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BarkleymutOriginally Posted By: skyactivThe Americans with disability act meant cities and villages everywhere are required to have curb ramps and pedestrian crossings. Not to mention 50 handicap parking spots....2 of which m
Jump to new posts Re: European's historical usage of "thick oil".... by Jetronic @ 27 minutes 18 seconds ago

some don't need an autobahn to reach triple digit speeds though...
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Distributor - Any suggestions for good brand? by edwardh1 @ 29 minutes 34 seconds ago

at least price the dealer think dealer has 1 yr warranty
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Harley Davidson Super Premium 5 (63798-99A) by DuckRyder @ 37 minutes 11 seconds ago

It is a nice filter, hard to see - but if you look close you can see where the characteristic champ labs string was tied around the media... So we've got two changes out of the way I'll run the new Super Premium 5 longer...
Jump to new posts Re: Home Depot oil prices on par w/WMart by Drew99GT @ 37 minutes 57 seconds ago

Excellent! They have Formula Shell for 2.97 a quart in my area. Thanks for posting! Didn't even know they had motor oil there.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Finding stock purchase price from 20 years ago ? by Drew99GT @ 47 minutes 59 seconds ago

I have 2 subscriptions to charting software that have the prices; give me an exact date or an estimate and I'll give you the prices. Or if you'd like, you can get them at www.tradingview.com. You can scroll back on a daily time frame to get the open
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Another airliner vanished by Merkava_4 @ 50 minutes 20 seconds ago

Astro14, I'm glad I got the chance to read your post about your flight hours in the various military aircraft you've flown over the years - that was very interesting. Now I'm wishing I would've copy/pasted it somewhere.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Reccomendation for 1995 bmw 540 in florida by bobbydavro @ 51 minutes 35 seconds ago

LL01 is old yes but the specification is now on its 3rd engine approval test M54>N52>N20
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Warm-Up Discussion. by ragtoplvr @ 53 minutes 34 seconds ago

There are some GM that have delayed shifts when cold, this is to warm the converter and O2 sensor. A lazy O2 sensor will keep in this mode longer. AFAIK, they do shift, just at a higher RPM. Could this be the case? Automakers used to test engin
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Details on free Windows 10 offer by Y_K @ 53 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: itguy08Widows users can thank Apple (and to a lesser extent Linux) for this. Apple users can thank MSFT for saving Apple from death in 1997 with a measly $150M investment.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Details on free Windows 10 offer by mattwithcats @ 55 minutes 20 seconds ago

A hint from someone who does Tech Support... Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive, and save your old one. If the install goes FUBAR, you can always reinstall the old hard drive...
Page 1 of 299 1 2 3 ... 298 299 >