08/27/14 11:29 AM
Will Hayden arrested again.
by dave1251
08/27/14 10:50 AM
Newest Members
lilmoonee, rayzn1123, EricWalls, mikejanczak, 1972
51112 Registered Users
Who's Online
109 registered (440Magnum, 29662, 05LGTLtd, 01rangerxl, 3800Series, 123Saab, 10 invisible), 1902 Guests and 220 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51112 Members
64 Forums
218367 Topics
3443017 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by jrustles @ 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dave1251Originally Posted By: jrustleslol. this kinda stuff actually scares me. You are scared of common sense and facts. That is a new one. I'm scared of what's in that Kool Aid!! Yikes
Vehicles
There's no reason to rule out the current Chrysler products. The Pentastar engine and 6-speed transaxle have been doing a stellar job since they replaced the 3.8 and (particularly) the awful old 4-speed transaxle it had previously and which earned it
Vehicles
There is still two days to go in this auction. Some yahoo will probably bid $5000 for it.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota Sienna vs. Traverse vs. ? for family of 6 by SilverC6 @ 1 minute 24 seconds ago

Big difference between the Toyota and the domestic options. Hands down Toyota. You need to drive the Honda and make your choice. For me, it was still the Toyota. The Toyota offers bulletproof reliability.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Fresh Oil Smells like Aftershave by MolaKule @ 2 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Originally Posted By: dparmMost “essential oils” are esters, including banana oil (isopentyl acetate). What about Tea-Tree oil; is that stuff an ester too? No, it is a hydrocarbon.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 9 year old kid kills gun instructor with auto Uzi by L_Sludger @ 2 minutes 37 seconds ago

Here's an article that I did not expect to be good, but is actually great: http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/inde...t_at_fault.html
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Michelin Premier A/S ?? by SteveSRT8 @ 2 minutes 49 seconds ago

Yes they do! Just like my set of LTX MS2's on one of our company fleet Silverados. They have 20k miles on them and I cannot believe how good they look. I drive this truck a lot, as it has short gears (3.73) and has always been a bit 'frisky' since
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tim Hortons to be bought out by Burger King? by linkbelt @ 3 minutes 12 seconds ago

Have not ate the BK junk for many years. With all the money they will save in taxes, they can afford to loose a few "customers" LOL
Jump to new posts Re: 5w50 synthetic? by Nickdfresh @ 3 minutes 25 seconds ago

I just noticed that Mobil 1's site now lists 5W-50 as available in the American market, not that I've ever seen it in a store...
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by dave1251 @ 3 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jrustleslol. this kinda stuff actually scares me. You are scared of common sense and facts. That is a new one.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil temperature? by HKPolice @ 5 minutes 28 seconds ago

All things being equal: ambient temps, viscosity grade down to the same cST, same oil filter, same engine run time & load then technically an oil that runs at a lower temp is better because it means less friction. But there are so many variables
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Failed CA emission - high NO by Skid @ 6 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: InvalidUserID I have/had a very slight timing cover leak... That would be enough, hence the earlier pressure testing recommendations. My guess - your system is low on pressure because of this leak, and the coolant is boiling
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Honda real time AWD by Miller88 @ 8 minutes 6 seconds ago

I don't care about going, it's stopping and avoiding ditches that is always my concern.
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by jrustles @ 8 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dave1251You are the one that brought up the factory fill topic. You are the one that does not get Mobil One is the factory fill for Cars that are engineered with little to no consideration of compromise in relation to production
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Jetta Oil Recommendations? by Tony_Mack @ 9 minutes 20 seconds ago

When I look at European oils, I see there's high, mid, and low SAPS. Any advice about those kind of choices from anyone?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: The Second Golden Age of Horsepower by SteveSRT8 @ 10 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: ls1mikeWhile I agree with a lot a stuff said here, you are missing something. Big numbers does not mean it performs well. Lets take a 305 HP rated car now and compare it to say my 325 rated car. In
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by dave1251 @ 10 minutes 50 seconds ago

You are the one that brought up the factory fill topic. You are the one that does not get Mobil One is the factory fill for Cars that are engineered with little to no consideration of compromise in relation to production cost. OEM's are not going to
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: Knee issues from bike riding? by 29662 @ 11 minutes 32 seconds ago

What type of bike is it? i.e. Mountain, Road, Cyclo? What type of pedals do you ride with. If you ride Mountain bikes might I suggest TIME pedals. They are a float type of engagement and don't lock you into a set foot position relative to the cran
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: Knee issues from bike riding? by InhalingBullets @ 11 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bepperbGet fitted by a competent bike shop, or at least make sure your knee is over your toes at the 3/9 o'clock position. Consider shorter crankarms if you can. Some bikes, like cruisers with seats pushed back, aren't comfort
Jump to new posts Re: 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.1 L - Oil recommendation by 3800Series @ 13 minutes 37 seconds ago

GM's love Valvoline MaxLife.
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by wemay @ 13 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Apollo14Originally Posted By: NickdfreshI'm not divorcing Mobil 1, but we are in an open relationship, Good one. But I bet she gets around more than you do though. All I can say is use a quality filter. Haaha... both of you
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Fresh Oil Smells like Aftershave by Merkava_4 @ 13 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dparmMost “essential oils” are esters, including banana oil (isopentyl acetate). What about Tea-Tree oil; is that stuff an ester too?
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Door rubber gasket care by buck91 @ 14 minutes 58 seconds ago

Just tried some Motorcraft silicone grease (XG3A). Just used it on the one spot which I think has a refractory squeak- IF I was right on the location, I will report back on durability.
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by Apollo14 @ 14 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jrustlesThese moronic factory-fill sponsorship persuasions, putting brand names on oil caps etc. is all such foolishness, where anyone half-awake can tell that these gimmicks only benefits "brand X motor oil" to be 'fa
Jump to new posts Re: Divorcing Mobil 1 by Nickdfresh @ 15 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Apollo14Originally Posted By: NickdfreshI'm not divorcing Mobil 1, but we are in an open relationship, Good one. But I bet she gets around more than you do though. All I can say is use a quality filter. It's always true th
Page 1 of 241 1 2 3 ... 240 241 >