by Profrat
Today at 01:47 AM
Bosch 3410 cut open - some reservations - no pics
by Benito
Today at 01:27 AM
Oil change observations from today
by Benito
Today at 01:10 AM
Autozone actually has a real sale on M1!
by slacktide_bitog
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
C&P-NAPA Gold 1372, 8600mi
by meborder
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
FS: Redline 5w40 Euro: Seattle Area
by me73
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
Por 15 Paint
by outoforder
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
Oil have expired date?
by Rohan
Yesterday at 09:25 PM
Nippon max oil filter cut open
by chrismo
Yesterday at 09:25 PM
Amazon has Havoline HM 5w20, 5QT Jugs
by mongo161
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
GM permitting 0w20 in 5w20 cars
by NH73
Yesterday at 08:57 PM
New Rockauto discount code
by another Todd
Yesterday at 08:34 PM
Newest Members
cmoore, chrismo, Nfranco, MrAnderson, Tsd
55247 Registered Users
Who's Online
16 registered (Farmer, Brad_C, DoubleWasp, BTW, 2 invisible), 458 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
55247 Members
66 Forums
236865 Topics
3817213 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Gas prices by stockrex @ 10 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AlOriginally Posted By: HTSS_TR evils were the reason, when price went down the same evils tried to get consumers to buy gas guzzler SUV's to increase demand for gas then raise price later. Yep you are blaming industry and tra
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Diesel Oil in a Gasoline Passenger Car ? by SR5 @ 12 minutes 15 seconds ago

Garak, you are as reliable as the sun rise, and that offer still stands for an ANZAC day drink. I can't find many CJ-4 oils here. Castrol has Vecton 15W-40 which is CJ-4 / E9, or Vecton 5W-30 which is just CJ-4 (plus manufacture's standards like Vol
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Kia Turbo 20W50 by DoubleWasp @ 13 minutes 57 seconds ago

I'm not understanding the 50 wt shock when it's already been established that many brand new cars run 50wt and 60wt straight from the factory. More specify a 50wt when racing the vehicle. Laugh at the 20w50 if you like, but there's enough out ther
Jump to new posts Re: LIQUI MOLY vs VALVOLINE RACING (20w50) by DoubleWasp @ 26 minutes 42 seconds ago

If I had an oil eating engine, I wouldn't bother using anything special at all.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Oil catch cans by Olas @ 29 minutes 45 seconds ago

A catch can's effectiveness is very very variable. Internally it must be baffled and have lots of surface area, to encourage the vapour to condense and fall out of the airstream. It's effectiveness is further boosted if you can locate it at a cold
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bosch 3410 cut open - some reservations - no pics by bbhero @ 32 minutes 37 seconds ago

Well stated sir Tighten up Benito slacker... Hard to find good cut and post photographers these days.
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Kia Turbo 20W50 by Joe90_guy @ 54 minutes 49 seconds ago

I must have 'arrived' on BITOG if people are already quoting me! Several comments... First, I drive a Kia (a tiny little thing called a Picanto). I like Kia. IMO, Kia are what Toyota was 15 years ago, selling sensible cars at sensible prices to sen
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Bosch 3410 cut open - some reservations - no pics by dishdude @ 59 minutes 27 seconds ago

Seriously? A stock photo? You're buying those pricey Bosch filters so I am sure a man of your means can provide us with some professional quality photographs.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change observations from today by artbuc @ 59 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BenitoSecondly, when lubricating the oil filter gasket, I got some oil on the thread area and decided to clean it off because I actually torque the oil filter and the rule for torquing is that threads should be dry and free of o
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella T5 15w-40 by Robenstein @ Today at 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: rroundsThis was a test back in '94 by John C. Woolum/ Ph.D. Professor of Physics California State University, Los Angeles http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/oiltest1.htm And the only oil he would use for more than 1500 miles in
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Any SVD owners? by Robenstein @ Today at 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Bandito440Originally Posted By: CT8Originally Posted By: Bandito44030 cal. box-fed semi-auto for longer range shooting and American-made? The Springfield M1A is your solution. Choose your flavor: http://www.springfield-armory.
Engine Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: dishdude Here you go: Older style 3410 Newer style 3410
Engine Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: GarakOriginally Posted By: dishdudeThis is a really weird one, and the tear isn't in the same area as the Purolators. No, that was a strange one. Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixMaybe all these low tier filters are getting cheap m
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 Honda Civic 1.8L 4900 Miles 0W20 Mobil1 EP by HKPolice @ Today at 02:34 AM

What % was left on the OLM? How long was the oil in the car for? What was the typical driving pattern, city/hwy? All crucial info. If it was frequently short tripped over a year of service with 5% left on the OLM then this viscosity makes perfect se
Originally Posted By: GarakWant to come for a January visit? Right after you come to Kakadu in December
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dog Bite by dishdude @ Today at 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix Lesson in that movie is to make sure you get your Pinto tuned up on a regular basis! Obligatory Pinto comment.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Puppies are the best by ZeeOSix @ Today at 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel... most dog owners are horrible and totally irresponsible. And those same people are probably the same way with their children.
Engine Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: dishdudeThis is a really weird one, and the tear isn't in the same area as the Purolators. No, that was a strange one. Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixMaybe all these low tier filters are getting cheap media from the same source l
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dog Bite by ZeeOSix @ Today at 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowelOriginally Posted By: BRZEDThanks to this thread I have decided to pull Cujo out of the bookshelf tonight. Hahaaaa. Good one. Lesson in that movie is to make sure you get your Pinto tuned up on a regular
Want to come for a January visit?
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: what apps for window phone? by JGmazda @ Today at 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: TeggerHey, another Windows Phone user! There aren't a lot of us... Hey! Imagine that! A phone that WORKS!! Yes, there are many Apps and "Files" is one of them. "Office Lens" and "PDF Reader"
Jump to new posts Pennzoil Ultra Platinum - base Oil? by Profrat @ Today at 01:47 AM

Can anyone explain if the base oils made for Pennzoil Ultra Platinum are of the same as type 4 oils called PAO? Are they actually group 4 oils or is there now some new category? Are they as pure and homogenous as the best base oils made from Ethyle
-10 pulls this little black duck up in Oz anyway...not any "W" grade I know of that isn't usable here.
Engine Oil Filters
Engine Oil Filters
This is a really weird one, and the tear isn't in the same area as the Purolators.
Page 1 of 262 1 2 3 ... 261 262 >