07/30/14 12:07 PM
How hot is too hot for EOT?
by Griz95
07/30/14 11:29 AM
Newest Members
gsniegow, dimaone, CaddymanLNL, geovanni, LTD
50806 Registered Users
Who's Online
107 registered (2oldtommy, 29662, 2KBMW, 2010_FX4, 05LGTLtd, 123Saab, 10 invisible), 2083 Guests and 256 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50806 Members
64 Forums
217046 Topics
3417508 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Beware of Chinese Craftsman wrenches by hatt @ 3 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jcwitOriginally Posted By: hatt Why did you quote me? You post had nothing to do with mine. Pretty much everyone including me said to by HF vs higher priced Chinese Craftsman. Why? Because in your post you said -------
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Thicker oil for performance ? by Shannow @ 6 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CATERHAMI'm willing to bet that a modern PCMO 10W-30 (even a 5W-30) with a HTHSV in the 3.0-3.1cP range would have allowed a maximum ambient temp' on par with the lighter straight 30 grades of the day. I'd tend to agree with yo
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Linux Mint Lost and Found folder? by simple_gifts @ 6 minutes 25 seconds ago

The lost+found directory (it is only a "folder" when looked @ with a GUI tool) is owned by root, so to access it you have to "sudo -s" to get admin access; then it is available to look @. Much more important in the old days of un
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Battery change in Prius by stephen9666 @ 7 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: tig1 Real world repairs and chat room chat are often much different. We see that here at BITOG. But, that doesn't explain your claim of a dealer allegedly saying it could be $3500 to $6000. That doesn't add up. Even if it to
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: GM Dexos 0W-20 6,069 miles 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3 by SteveSRT8 @ 8 minutes 15 seconds ago

Great report. The copper will drop in time. Does your truck have the factory oil cooler? If so, that can be a major copper contributor, they must also love copper sealant in these motors. Note that we just sold a 6.0 gas engined GM Savana with half
Jump to new posts Re: Thanx To A BITOG Member by OVERKILL @ 11 minutes 11 seconds ago

Absolutely fantastic to hear!
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Failure is not an Option by sicko @ 11 minutes 30 seconds ago

That is funny.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: A Weekend With a 2014 Challenger V6 Rental by SteveSRT8 @ 11 minutes 33 seconds ago

My good friend has a new Subie and the darn thing has solid rear rotors, they're not even ventilated! Doesn't have to be a big car to need more brakes!
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Reading spark plugs. Too hot? by threeputtpar @ 12 minutes 20 seconds ago

You haven't run the plugs in the first two pictures long enough to tell. The plug in the last two pictures is pretty close to spot on for heat range. In the last picture, you can see the white ash on the ground strap ending about half way in betwee
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by dave1251 @ 13 minutes 23 seconds ago

You do understand. I have explained everything in my previous post. Re-posting the same post from the FTC database does not invalidate my position.
Jump to new posts Re: Thanx To A BITOG Member by Trav @ 13 minutes 24 seconds ago

Awesome.
Jump to new posts Re: blown engine by SteveSRT8 @ 13 minutes 28 seconds ago

It is unlikely that the engine was stock. Every boy racer out there wants to ramp up the boost, and it's addictive. 15 measly psi? let's crank it up to 20! Then 25! The next noise heard is kaboom. As stated earlier it's usually fuel enrichment th
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra FAILURE by Quattro Pete @ 13 minutes 46 seconds ago

Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Four Baldwin BT223 oil filters by SirTanon @ 15 minutes 1 second ago

You have a PM
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by dave1251 @ 15 minutes 43 seconds ago

I second this.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by rdalek @ 15 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dave1251Originally Posted By: TrajanNo matter how many times he pushes the same line, that doesn't make his claims any more accurate, This is quoted for truth. Now watch what happens next. I'm still waiting for you guys to d
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Conversions by SteveSRT8 @ 18 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: A_HarmanOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8^^^Please share with us how many of these are available? (Hint: it's a VERY small number in our VERY large country!) The Tesla website says 103 Supercharger stations are open. The Altern
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by MolaKule @ 18 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dave1251Originally Posted By: MolaKuleQuote:rdalek: ...This is the sort of thing people do when they can no longer argue with the facts that have been shown. If you continue down this path, you will be on the ignore list with t
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix Beta Ratio by ZeeOSix @ 21 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rustypigeonOriginally Posted By: dnewton3Of course, that's Wix current approach to white-washing all the data. They started that a few years ago. They've pretty much put that throughout the whole product line, save for a few s
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Conversions by SwedishRider @ 22 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: A_HarmanOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8^^^Please share with us how many of these are available? (Hint: it's a VERY small number in our VERY large country!) The Tesla website says 103 Supercharger stations are open. The Altern
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Avoid GEICO by simple_gifts @ 23 minutes 13 seconds ago

List of Mutual Insurance companies
Jump to new posts Re: No "quick struts" for my vehicle? by tony1679 @ 24 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: tommygunnJust use the LS/LTZ quick struts. Are they physically the same? Would a non-SS quick strut bolt up perfectly to the SS? If so, then you can use the quick struts with no problem. NO these are NOT compatible. They all
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Z-Max worth a [censored]? by dave1251 @ 24 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TrajanNo matter how many times he pushes the same line, that doesn't make his claims any more accurate, This is quoted for truth. Now watch what happens next.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Hyundai recalls 883k Sonatas/detaching shift cable by salv @ 24 minutes 35 seconds ago

Before anyone panics, I can fairly say that in the 4+ years that this generation Sonata has been in service, our dealership's service department has only seen one car with this issue.
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Oil and Transmission fluid component by MolaKule @ 24 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PabloDo you need an address or anything? If you will send me a virtual PM with your virtual address I will send you the virtual Piston Cup Lapel Pin.
Page 1 of 282 1 2 3 ... 281 282 >