Recent Topics
Honda Pilot gas mileage
by G-MAN
10/19/14 09:21 PM
Anyone else fed up with today's country music?
by 04SE
10/19/14 08:52 PM
Best Oil Filter For A 2001 Toyota Avalon V6
by crazyoildude
10/19/14 08:33 PM
Had Trav service my injectors.
by ls1mike
10/19/14 08:14 PM
Video review/test - Noco Genius Boost
by 901Memphis
10/19/14 07:24 PM
Interference diesel engine
by MDettling
10/19/14 07:06 PM
Corolla 1/2 quart too much ATF?
by Corollaman
10/19/14 06:42 PM
yr car has a security system. u lose all the keys,
by edwardh1
10/19/14 06:15 PM
Attepted to steal van
by Scott_mi
10/19/14 04:36 PM
is there an advantage to exercise spare tires?
by friendly_jacek
10/19/14 04:06 PM
Type b grease for Sawzall
by Dan55
10/19/14 03:56 PM
Charged By Dogs on Bicycle (Different Dogs)
by john_pifer
10/19/14 03:50 PM
Newest Members
rvs, tortillasoup, Natedawg, exaltedfox, universalpapers5
51639 Registered Users
Who's Online
81 registered (95busa, Asterix, ArtDart, 1foxracing, 94astro, 3 invisible), 1286 Guests and 171 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51639 Members
64 Forums
220948 Topics
3491941 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire Shop cant seem to balance tires? by CapriRacer @ 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SubLGTWhat do tire manufacturers do with vibration returns? Last year I had to return three (!) Nokian winter tires for vibration caused by excessive road force variation. I could tell you what my former employer did, but I'm
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else fed up with today's country music? by 95busa @ 2 minutes 25 seconds ago

I like it all. However, for more of the old school feel, try some Rodney Atkins or Josh Turner. [censored], last I checked Merle Haggard was singing about drinking, kicking out footlights, drinking, women in faded jeans, drinking, etc all through the
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best Oil Filter For A 2001 Toyota Avalon V6 by RF Overlord @ 2 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: crazyoildudeIm pretty sure Toyota filters are tearolaters but not 100%You're not even close. Toyota filters made by Denso in Thailand and are excellent. Maybe you're confused by the fact that TRD-branded filters are made by Cha
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: most difficult vehicle for repairs? by Win @ 4 minutes 25 seconds ago

24 plugs? Yikes! Lucky for me, my plugs (merely 12), wires, injectors, dizzy, throttle stuff and linkages, are in the valley of the vee and actually very easy to work on. But below that, it's a real bear. As you say, it's stuffed in there ... I'm
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Motor Trend Picks 2015 Honda CR-V as SUV OTY by Hokiefyd @ 4 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JHZR2Yeah but I seem to recall a civic being completely redone after a year on the market because it was so poor/poorly received. True; the Civic and CR-V are different vehicles. The 4th generation of the CR-V came out in 201
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else fed up with today's country music? by thunderfog @ 5 minutes 43 seconds ago

I'm not a country music fan to begin with, but I agree with the sentiments that music is going downhill, and fast. With that said, I was at the Fleetwood Mac concert last night in Columbus. If you want to see a band that, while old at this point, s
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Wheels balanced to "00" by Traction @ 6 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CapriRacerOriginally Posted By: TractionI was referring to the residual static imbalance can be double, if in your case you could have 2 1/2 grams of imbalance in dynamic mode, but the static mode could be 5 grams off if the 2 1
Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Spin on coolant filters by SHOZ @ 6 minutes 45 seconds ago

Here's how I installed mine. The small hoses are normally from the upper hose to the water pump bypassing the radiator. The t-stat is on the lower hose and is connected to the water pump. The good thing about my situation is the small hose normall
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else fed up with today's country music? by Olas @ 8 minutes 34 seconds ago

All I'm gonna say is; J Rosevelt - southern fried style.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else fed up with today's country music? by RF Overlord @ 8 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitThe words "country" and "music" should never be used in the same sentence.Oh come on...you can't tell me you weren't moved the first time you heard Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA".
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: OEM GM Tires. 2014 by CapriRacer @ 9 minutes 47 seconds ago

I'm going to edit this post so it is easier to see what I am responding to. Originally Posted By: used_0il..... Lets go back to our pickup truck with four tire options: 285/75/16 285/70/17 285/65/18 285/55/20 For simplicity all four tir
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else fed up with today's country music? by Hokiefyd @ 10 minutes 55 seconds ago

I listen exclusively to channel 57 and 58 on XM. Y2Kountry and Prime Country. Every now and then, something new comes up, but it's mostly really good '90s and early '00s country music. Alan, Toby, George, Reba, Martina, Randy, Trisha...those folks
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Pilot gas mileage by rjundi @ 11 minutes 9 seconds ago

That is what I can manage with a my fully loaded in cargo/people 2007 Acura MDX with a 5speed auto on longer trips. The very similar motor is tuned for more power(300HP vs 250HP) is down a gear. My RPMS sit at 2200 RPM doing 70-75MPH effortlessly wit
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Auto industry complaints. Vent yours by Olas @ 11 minutes 50 seconds ago

my major grievances at the moment are the huge amounts of weight introduced to cars with unnecessary features like electric windows, power steering, air conditioning, satnav etc etc etc....they only serve to reduce economy and slow the vehicle down..
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Pilot gas mileage by Hokiefyd @ 12 minutes 45 seconds ago

Yeah, that's pretty good for what is likely very mixed driving. Our MDX will get that, but it's got to be on the highway only. Throw in driving around town with highway miles, and the average is closer to 20. In-town only, and you're looking at 16
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone else fed up with today's country music? by Benzadmiral @ 16 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bvance554Originally Posted By: 01rangerxlJacked up Chevy with a lift kit, watch the sunset drink some beers. This is why I don't like today's country music. It all sounds like some cliche about hey look how country I am. I g
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Moly and wheel bearings. Yes I've searched by Jimzz @ 18 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: willburSo moly is OK for wheel bearings now? Lots of discussion here indicated it was harmful for wheel bearings. That it was abrasive and ment for sliding surfacess only, or that it was too slippery. So...which is it? I thi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: favorite star trek episode? by Benzadmiral @ 23 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Astro14. . . Star Trek is for the thoughtful person. It addresses interesting social issues in a scifi setting. It was one of the first TV series to feature a multi racial cast and women in command ("Menagerie" from T
Used Oil Analysis - Motorcycle
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 HD ROAD KING - HARLEY SYN3 20W/50 by Propflux01 @ 24 minutes 45 seconds ago

You won't have to have it remapped just because you remove the cat!! Only when the air cleaner is removed and replaced with a free-flowing type will a remap become necessary. That being said, the factory leans the mixture pretty good so a tuner sure
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Malibu Spark Plug Wire Clips by jen0910 @ 25 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: The_EricIf you're missing the one on the rear side of the intake, then it went on the corner bolt, I believe. That one is for the wires being routed towards the front. It also seems that one went on the stud/nut for the coil mou
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Pilot gas mileage by racer12306 @ 25 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gtOriginally Posted By: Nick1994Considering it's rated for 25 mpg, I'm surprised it only got 23.3 mpg unless they're really fast drivers. I have always gotten better then EPA rated mpg for my cars, must be hard on th
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Larger tires needed any Tire guys? by Miller88 @ 29 minutes 10 seconds ago

What does all season tires have to do with the speedo being off? If the speedo is off - get it fixed. It should be under warranty. 1.5 inch of tire is a big difference. I want to go from LT215/85R16 to LT235/85R16 on my Cherokee. That's a bit over
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Best Oil Filter For A 2001 Toyota Avalon V6 by Jimzz @ 30 minutes 36 seconds ago

You can get Denso, Hastings, Wix, Motorcraft, and Bosch filters at rockauto. Those are good filters and some of those you can find local. Napa gold good as well if you want local.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Auto industry complaints. Vent yours by MinamiKotaro @ 34 minutes 12 seconds ago

My biggest current beef is battery blankets and boxes. I don't think they do anything but make it just that much more of a pita to change a battery. The box on GM's Trailblazer family, especially, doesn't seem to do anything but ensure the battery
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: What weight oil for MB CLK 320? by tc1446 @ 36 minutes 29 seconds ago

Thanks all for the feedback. My wife and her friend arrived home yesterday and the lady, who is a computer geek, said she had the electronics set to show other things and that is why it didn't come up with the oil when I tried the recommended method
Page 1 of 243 1 2 3 ... 242 243 >