Recent Topics
A Montana man who set trap convicted of homicide.
by datech
12/18/14 10:00 AM
Cuba topic got nuked without trace huh?
by Vikas
12/18/14 09:33 AM
M1 TDT Absolutely Stopped My 5.3L Cold Clacking.
by Turk
12/18/14 09:29 AM
20% off ACDelco belts, hoses, misc parts at Amazon
by Bottom_Feeder
12/18/14 08:54 AM
Oil Life Monitor on 2014 Chevy Impala
by Oli20
12/18/14 08:42 AM
'14 Subaru WRX | PU 5W30 | 7,500mi change
by Julch
12/18/14 08:37 AM
P0741 Monte Carlo 2005
by MarkM66
12/18/14 08:36 AM
Apple vs. Android
by Hokiefyd
12/18/14 08:14 AM
Got glasses, less headaches
by redhat
12/18/14 08:11 AM
carfax or other vin websites?
by 01_celica_gt
12/18/14 12:46 AM
Hardest I've laughed in awhile.
by Kuato
12/18/14 12:10 AM
OBESE Driver - Cause Driver Side TIRE WEAR?
by SumpChump
12/17/14 10:34 PM
Newest Members
vincejr, Julch, JKane, gg1, kosoku
52205 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (Al, 4wheeldog, 2KBMW, 3800Series, 7 invisible), 1301 Guests and 185 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52205 Members
66 Forums
223594 Topics
3545196 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got glasses, less headaches by John_Conrad @ 1 minute 9 seconds ago

thank you and thanks redhat for posting this experience so others may benefit and learn.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Life Monitor on 2014 Chevy Impala by Oli20 @ 1 minute 17 seconds ago

I want to really thank everyone for posting all the great info. I called and got the build sheet and it was made in Sept. 2013. Therefore the dealer has agreed to change the oil and give me a tire rotation for free that doesn't count against my free
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: OBESE Driver - Cause Driver Side TIRE WEAR? by eljefino @ 1 minute 59 seconds ago

If you were to pick two points on the rocker panels to balance a camry fore-to-aft it would be under the driver's (and front passengers) seat cushion. Presumably the spring rates are set up for this, though the rear would take more of an overload be
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rolling Coal!! by jcwit @ 3 minutes 14 seconds ago

Its a big deal here with the immature drivers regardless of their age.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: OBESE Driver - Cause Driver Side TIRE WEAR? by SumpChump @ 6 minutes 6 seconds ago

Oh, I thought 300lbs in front meant it would put all that on one corner mostly. Not magically be the same as half the persons body in the back seat. Good point.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cuba topic got nuked without trace huh? by pandus13 @ 6 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bradepb I think a new sub-forum is needed for the banned topics here, enter at your own risk. There is just too much going on in our world to ignore. It makes this site rather boring. I think Helen (Bitog Owner) posted about 2
Jump to new posts Re: 1997 Ford Explorer 4.0 sohc Castrol Edge 0w40 by jfug97 @ 11 minutes 21 seconds ago

yes, 97 was the first year for the sohc.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cuba topic got nuked without trace huh? by sayjac @ 12 minutes 29 seconds ago

Ol' Pop's started that one, suspect he may not be happy camper about it. I tried to keep it light by mentioning the lighting up of a nice Cuban Montecristo No. 2. Need to make friends with someone planning a visit.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Which oil would you choose? by m37charlie @ 12 minutes 54 seconds ago

Which country do you live in? Does the vehicle have urea injection? Does it have a DPF (diesel particulate filter)? Charlie
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hot water heater install cost? by jcwit @ 13 minutes 17 seconds ago

Replaced our water heater last year with a 40 gal. gas heater. Total cost was $750 bucks and yes there was some plumbing needed. I know this for a fact as I helped the plumber as I know him personally and count him as a friend. No permit needed in
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Hardest I've laughed in awhile. by JTK @ 15 minutes 5 seconds ago

and it will be the best 2min he ever had..
Jump to new posts Re: M1 TDT Absolutely Stopped My 5.3L Cold Clacking. by demarpaint @ 16 minutes 3 seconds ago

I mentioned a while back I was using 1/2 qt. of TDT 5W40 in a 4 1/2 qt sump as an additive. In back to back testing adding it to Havoline 5W30 synthetic oil consumption was reduced from about 1 qt of oil /5,000 mile OCI to less than half a qt. I'm so
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Chevy Impala: GM Oil, or Dino Substitute? by SteveSRT8 @ 17 minutes 0 seconds ago

We have had vehicles in our fleet with half a million miles and not a drip or a smear of oil anywhere. ALWAYS parked outside, admittedly in a nice climate here. IME newer cars simply do not leak oil anymore, even at high mileages if maintained well.
Jump to new posts Re: Second Teir Sythentics by Brian Barnhart @ 18 minutes 1 second ago

Then there's the API and ILSAC. When it comes to PCMO for gasoline engines, they apparently see no need for tiers.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Apple vs. Android by spackard @ 20 minutes 14 seconds ago

Terrific camera and video. Excellent camera and video. Ugh. As with audio, it's all terribly compromised on a smartphone vs. a dedicated device. What is it, a 2mm lens, infinite focal length? With a gazillion megapixels, because megapixels is a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cuba topic got nuked without trace huh? by pandus13 @ 21 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Chris MeutschOriginally Posted By: bradepb I think a new sub-forum is needed for the banned topics here, enter at your own risk. There is just too much going on in our world to ignore. It makes this site rather boring. How D
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Laptop doesn't retain updates... by demarpaint @ 21 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Randwhy not just make a backup of it working now.. save to an external hdd. then it takes 5min to fix it after someone cruds it up again. There are free programs such as macrim reflect +1 Once I get a computer setup the way I
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone here with a Ram 1500 eco-diesel... by SteveSRT8 @ 21 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: itguy08Originally Posted By: IndyIanOriginally Posted By: CKN BTW-all those who want to ignore the payload will suffer dire legal consequences in the event of an "at fault" accident. Is that really true though? All
Jump to new posts Re: M1 TDT Absolutely Stopped My 5.3L Cold Clacking. by Turk @ 22 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: A_HarmanWhat kind of a clack was it? Sticky lifter or piston slap? it's not Piston Slap, as I know that sound... I had it on my 2000 5.3L. That's why I said "clacking" This is different for sure. Probably lifte
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Life Monitor on 2014 Chevy Impala by pbm @ 22 minutes 51 seconds ago

The OLM on my 2011 Cruze dropped while the car sat parked in the garage...it obviously takes TIME as well as miles into account. This car was probably built in early 2014...that, and a few test drives have caused your OLM to drop. If it were mine,
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts A Montana man who set trap convicted of homicide. by datech @ 23 minutes 43 seconds ago

A Montana man who set a trap for teenage burglars he thought were targeting him was convicted Wednesday of deliberate homicide.Dede Diren, 27, was shot and killed inside Kaarma's garage in Missoula on April 27. During the trial, Kaarma's lawyer argue
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Does anyone here with a Ram 1500 eco-diesel... by itguy08 @ 24 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: IndyIanOriginally Posted By: CKN BTW-all those who want to ignore the payload will suffer dire legal consequences in the event of an "at fault" accident. Is that really true though? All guys with lifted trucks, or e
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Did i make the right choice with iPhone 6 by Hokiefyd @ 25 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: badtlcThe high end android phones are Sony Xperias. I'm not sure why people get so enthralled with Samsung phones. The iphones aren't even in the same realm as the Xperia phones. The big thing I don't like about the Sony phon
Jump to new posts Re: new guy with a few questions by GenaFishbeck @ 26 minutes 4 seconds ago

Hi Moto376! Yes, the 0W-20 oils are all synthetic oils and Pennzoil actually has two 0W-20 full synthetic options: Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-20 motor oil with PurePlus Technology and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-20 motor oil
Jump to new posts Re: M1 TDT Absolutely Stopped My 5.3L Cold Clacking. by A_Harman @ 26 minutes 38 seconds ago

What kind of a clack was it? Sticky lifter or piston slap?
Page 1 of 89 1 2 3 ... 88 89 >