04/01/15 04:15 AM
Regional sludging? How to deal with it?
by Oro_O
04/01/15 04:02 AM
Newest Members
gmoy22, RandyRay, MotoMike73, jcansler, sfhgolftdi
53398 Registered Users
Who's Online
100 registered (3for3, 29662, 2010_FX4, 97tbird, 86cutlass307, 3800Series, 9 invisible), 1773 Guests and 183 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53398 Members
66 Forums
229037 Topics
3660807 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Switch to Synthetic? by jkasch @ 1 minute 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeOriginally Posted By: jkaschThat's what I'm leaning towards. Last summer was the first time it used a little oil. I was thinking it might slow the wear process a bit. I was wondering if anyone had done it and developed
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Do i need a torque wrench for caliper washers, or by ziggy @ 2 minutes 12 seconds ago

if i but the ac delco adapter, for 1/2 drive, use a tool adapter to convert1/2 too 3/8,for tightening caliper guide bolts, caliper too frame bolts,, would that work?or would the cobversion adapter cause looseness? aka not torqued right?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Do i need a torque wrench for caliper washers, or by ziggy @ 4 minutes 48 seconds ago

thiers an ac delco digital torque wrench adapter, 3/8 drive,on amazon. can get it by tomorrow. covers 20-147 ftlbs. or a 1/2 drive adapter, dont remember the specs...bu am guessing 1/2 drive would be too much for a bnjo bolt anyway.. couldnt find on
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: how good are tecumseh small engines by ShotGun429 @ 7 minutes 53 seconds ago

Usually it's the B&S that do well on the hills while the Tecumseh doesn't. Maybe yours has a different design?...... They are plain old walk behild craftsman push mowers i use, (have 5 of them here, 4 up to 5 hp) My landscaper freind even brou
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts 96 integra temperature needle reading low by garlicbreadman @ 9 minutes 47 seconds ago

Hi, My friend purchased a 96 integra ls with 190k miles and one of the problems it has is that the temperature needle always reads at the C bar. I hooked up my obd2 scanner and notice that the coolant temperature was always around 140-150F, which is
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Can someone do an Amazon Prime video test for me? by 97tbird @ 9 minutes 55 seconds ago

Amazon wrote to me: technical team is still working on the issue. After testing the other DD+ encoded video QP suggested, and finding that it plays fine with video AND audio on Roku3 and PC, I am pretty sure they screwed something up with that movie
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How many water jugs to stop a .38 SP +P by double vanos @ 12 minutes 38 seconds ago

A 22 LR placed on target multiple times (via practice and low recoil) has killed many. Doesn't even have to a 22 mag....
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Regional sludging? How to deal with it? by ARCOgraphite @ 15 minutes 17 seconds ago

Looks like a oil dripper isn't open over there.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Honda Civic by Leonardo629 @ 16 minutes 16 seconds ago

I have a '13 Accord 4cl w/ CVT and DI, bought back in Oct/2012. 50000mi on the ODO, problem free so far.
Jump to new posts Re: What Kind Of Oil Are You 5.7 HEMI Guys Running ? by RISUPERCREWMAN @ 17 minutes 8 seconds ago

At about 600 miles I changed the oil in my Ram 2500 Hemi to Royal Purple 5w-20 and a factory filter. Royal Purple meets the Chrysler spec.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: watching buyers of expensive replacement tires go into shock by The Critic @ 18 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RandNo smilies guys I can tell who is trolling or sarcasm. but there are plenty of tires available in the 300$/4 range in that size. including the well liked: general altimax rt43 I wasn't the one who was joking - I really
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Havoline High Mileage 5W-20 $12.49 (5 qts) by anl0109 @ 20 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JimzzUp to $17.74 now. BUT there is a 3 pack of 5qts for $29 http://smile.amazon.com/Havoline-223680485-3PK-5W-20-Mileage-Motor/dp/B00M1Y3AM8 Just ordered 9 jugs. Thanks When I looked up the one-jug listing at about 5 am E
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra Cut Open XG6607 (2,334 miles OCI) by SilverC6 @ 22 minutes 23 seconds ago

I always change the 6607 size filters a little more often than needed. I'm moving to a Bosch D+ 3300 next time and may run it a little longer. It should have even more capacity for dirt than the Ultra. I'm always concerned about fuel dilution in t
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Purple research giving me a panic attack???? by wemay @ 24 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MCompactOriginally Posted By: wemay Royal Purple K&N 0w20 vs anything etc.. Don't forget, "I've never owned or driven one, but I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that any car with a DI motor is just one nanosecond
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Google maps Pacman! A great time waster by JC1 @ 24 minutes 51 seconds ago

Does this only work in the US? I'm in Canada, I click the link but I don't see the pacman icon.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Laws of Phisics -- Fram Ultra by double vanos @ 25 minutes 58 seconds ago

More and more engines are coming equipped with multi-displacement oil pumps to reduce internal drag on its output. No matter the flow rate of the filter, with these engines there will be reduced flow at times. Just a thought...
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Details on free Windows 10 offer by demarpaint @ 26 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KrisZOriginally Posted By: demarpaint Win 7 ran OK. I skipped Win 8 for reasons which were beaten to death here, many people claiming their machines ran worse. Win 10 from what I've read seems to run faster and better on older m
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Details on free Windows 10 offer by 97tbird @ 26 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd Once W10 comes out, sure. It'll fly. It should run even faster than W7 does on it. I wouldn't put the Technical/Consumer Preview on your main drive, though... I'd get a second drive to try it, if you wanted to try
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Details on free Windows 10 offer by KrisZ @ 28 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: demarpaint Win 7 ran OK. I skipped Win 8 for reasons which were beaten to death here, many people claiming their machines ran worse. Win 10 from what I've read seems to run faster and better on older machines than 7 and 8 did. S
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: SR-71 V-8 Startup! by chestand @ 30 minutes 24 seconds ago

Simply amazing. The audio is quite good. Were these the nailheads or the BBC's or do you know? I can see why there were only a few bases that supported SR-71's around the world - not every base would have that kind of hardware. Beale AFB, RAF Minden
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: So whatever became of deflategate? by loneryder @ 30 minutes 44 seconds ago

They swept it under the rug until after the SB. What I heard was they concluded that only 1 ball was under inflated. The others were a little low. The balls were filled and checked in a warm building and the cold temps outside caused the pressure t
Jump to new posts Re: What Kind Of Oil Are You 5.7 HEMI Guys Running ? by SilverSnake @ 32 minutes 17 seconds ago

Funny, the Owner's Guide for my 2014 Ram 1500 does not say anything about using 5W-30 if 5W-20 is not available for the 5.7L. However, the guide does say that you should use only 5W-30 in the 5.7L engines if you have a 2500/3500 truck. The guide fo
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Purple research giving me a panic attack???? by MCompact @ 32 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wemay Royal Purple K&N 0w20 vs anything etc.. Don't forget, "I've never owned or driven one, but I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that any car with a DI motor is just one nanosecond away from utter disaster."
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How many water jugs to stop a .38 SP +P by Blaze @ 33 minutes 17 seconds ago

I agree. I can't shoot one of those short barrel snubs (.357) at all. I'm just not good with high recoil type guns...a .38, .380,.45 colt/standard loads or 9mm no problem.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Details on free Windows 10 offer by demarpaint @ 37 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HokiefydOriginally Posted By: demarpaintHow do you think it would run on a... To my understanding, you can probably much answer any of these questions just as you could with Windows 8, which is, "It will run at least as go
Page 1 of 102 1 2 3 ... 101 102 >