by thomasew
07/24/14 07:36 AM
insert image into post
by thomasew
07/24/14 06:53 AM
Happy Birthday Pablo
by Shannow
07/24/14 06:38 AM
My Father's new toy! (Alfa Romeo Spyder)
by Patman
07/24/14 06:37 AM
Algerian airliner goes missing...
by Shannow
07/24/14 06:36 AM
Mt. Washington
by Pablo
07/24/14 06:35 AM
Cooking alcohol.
by Silk
07/24/14 05:44 AM
G-Oil back at Walmart?
by zanzabar
07/24/14 02:29 AM
Marvel Mystery Oil on Suzuki GSX1250FA
by Franklim
07/24/14 01:03 AM
Biology and Chemistry
by MolaKule
07/24/14 12:05 AM
One Plus One Phone Invites Anyone?
by gr8gatzby
07/23/14 11:44 PM
Acceptance Criteria
by MolaKule
07/23/14 11:00 PM
Newest Members
Patrick0525, offroad1, cnowak1, Dave13, HuskyPilot
50737 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (123Saab, abycat, 05LGTLtd, badtlc, Andy636, 6 invisible), 1432 Guests and 254 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50737 Members
64 Forums
216710 Topics
3410914 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: KrisZWelcome to the nanny state where everything is honky dory until something is not. Then it's someone else’s fault and they have to be sued followed by "the government ought to do something about it". The Tobacco
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
tip: Drain all the coolant, then do a pressure-test on cooling system dry(can rent pressure-tester free at Autozone). Small slow leak (especially head crack or gasket) will be more obvious when system is tested with air ; If it does leak (can't hold
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Aluminum Alloy Lug Nuts? by Shannow @ 54 seconds ago

Aluminium has no fatigue limit, which means that used in tension, cyclic loads, it will fail at some time...every time. Nuts are slightly different in that they aren't in tension, but the threads tend to expand the nut radially...and the material wi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Algerian airliner goes missing... by Quattro Pete @ 1 minute 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PabloOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: PabloOriginally Posted By: dparmCNN is about to have a field day with this. Give them three months to get to the bottom of it. So you think it's in the ocean? D
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Want to buy a Buick 3800 by redhat @ 2 minutes 1 second ago

The 3.5 is a good engine, the 3.1 too but you will without a doubt be doing intake gaskets as they drink coolant and by drink I mean guzzle. But the 3.8... is just... it's 3.8, I mean IMO there's just that charm, that sound, that smooth power. We
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Fords new 2.7 vs Chevy 5.3 vs Dodge 3.0 Diesel by meep @ 2 minutes 11 seconds ago

I think one point most here can agree on is the DIY owner is hampered some when maintaining a boosted engine, either in learning curve, or parts cost, or just added complexity of working around more plumbing under the hood. a 4cyl turbo with some ho
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Tough Guard or Purolator Pureone by sayjac @ 2 minutes 17 seconds ago

Quote:...Except the Fram posts efficiency stats at 20 microns while the PureOne is at 40 microns. I'd be interested in the PureOne stats at 10 and 20 microns like the Ultra was posted. .... The P1 isat 40 only for their four smallest filters
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru Outback Oil Consumption... Without a Trace by 05LGTLtd @ 2 minutes 46 seconds ago

Sadly 285k is at the point of diminishing returns. I might try Kreen at this point. If going cheap/easy to source is important than MMO or Rislone. Stuck rings are one possibility. Worn or a broken ring are also possible. Did they do the valve s
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pur 1 - 4,000 miles - hole in bottom by thomasew @ 3 minutes 40 seconds ago

No, I haven't looked down the fill hole, but I plan to do that.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pur 1 - 4,000 miles - hole in bottom by thomasew @ 4 minutes 26 seconds ago

The truck is a 2013 GMC Sierra, with 12,500 miles. I bought it brand new. It is a 4.8 motor. I've changed the oil about every 4k miles. I don't get this either.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Algerian airliner goes missing... by SteveSRT8 @ 7 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Miller88CNN is probably doing this to boost their ratings. I heard they are changing their name to MALN - Missing Air Liner Network. After all the false baloney they have put out in the past about airliner disappearances it a
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Coolant color has changed to light brown by The_Eric @ 8 minutes 5 seconds ago

For future reference, the majority of the time, you won't need to "flush" your cooling system. Flushing would be for if you had major crud build up (perhaps from a severely overextended coolant drain interval), or an oil of some kind in the
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: G-Oil back at Walmart? by dubie2003 @ 8 minutes 18 seconds ago

Yes, the majority of major name brand synthetics.
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: Some polymer chemistry by yvon_la @ 8 minutes 38 seconds ago

Great post!sadly this confirm the obsolescence of polymer in oil (graphene is what will replace it and likely just added in plain conventional oil)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Algerian airliner goes missing... by Miller88 @ 9 minutes 23 seconds ago

CNN is probably doing this to boost their ratings. I heard they are changing their name to MALN - Missing Air Liner Network.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: G-Oil back at Walmart? by Vikas @ 10 minutes 32 seconds ago

Is there *any* oil at Walmart which is more than $5/qt?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pur 1 - 4,000 miles - hole in bottom by possum328 @ 10 minutes 40 seconds ago

Fairly consistent pattern failure with the Puro P1/Classic lines, but not so much with the narrow pleat spacing shown here. Looks a little sludgy...
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: The worst rental car I've ever had by Miller88 @ 11 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxlA ton of Galants, especially towards the end of their run, were sold to rental fleets. Mitsubishi couldn't get rid of the [censored] things otherwise. It is a poor excuse for a car in this day and age. In 2001 it wo
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pur 1 - 4,000 miles - hole in bottom by sayjac @ 11 minutes 46 seconds ago

Yep, it's a tear. But in this case, I'd be more concerned about the cause heavy looking varnish on the tapping plate. Cut open many filters and never seen that. And considering 4k oci all the more concerning. I doubt it's SynPower's fault at that oc
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: low resistance DMM suggestions by Donald @ 12 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ken42I may be wrong but I think you need a vacuum tube volt meter Also if this is a coil you may need a frequency generator to test it. Run say 10k through it and up the voltage. If it loads the generator you may have a short T
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pur 1 - 4,000 miles - hole in bottom by Danno @ 13 minutes 1 second ago

What truck, what engine and how many miles?
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Mt. Washington by rjundi @ 13 minutes 24 seconds ago

I did the same drive(first time) last week in my wife's 2005 Legacy GT wagon. Definitely much longer than 6 mins Prior it was on foot with a 30+ lbs of ski's and boots on back for Tuckerman's Ravine.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Done with Chrome, switched to Firefox! by badtlc @ 14 minutes 21 seconds ago

on my xubuntu install FF takes about 1.5 sec to open while chrome variants take about 4 because I disable the background running option. On that machine, Xubuntu runs waaaay faster than XP or any windows OS. Enabling HDD caching and a few other per
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Turbo 2.0L 4cylinders - Beat V6s? (Ecoboost, etc.) by Miller88 @ 16 minutes 5 seconds ago

My father and I can get impressive fuel economy out of the Ecoboost engine they have. But we are very smooth on the pedal and somewhat relaxed drivers (we go the speed limit, but don't mash our foot to the floor to get there). The last trip I took,
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Algerian airliner goes missing... by Trav @ 17 minutes 19 seconds ago

Probably on the same island as the other one waiting to be used by a gang or terrorist. LOL JK Here we go.
Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 ... 85 86 >