by contrarian
01/29/15 12:26 PM
manual trans fluid for 2007 Accord
by HPCGMC
01/29/15 09:55 AM
OEM-Sized Filter Comparison
by dlundblad
01/29/15 08:17 AM
How important is DRY air? How to get it.
by SumpChump
01/29/15 08:09 AM
Newest Members
cuteo101, babs, Michael58, jthacker, OliveH5
52658 Registered Users
Who's Online
103 registered (2oldtommy, 19jacobob93, 29662, Abakev, AandPDan, 13 invisible), 1689 Guests and 170 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52658 Members
66 Forums
225746 Topics
3592493 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: is maxlife ATF really THAT good? by Donald @ 1 minute 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DextersTransmissions can be very ATF specific. And, mixing them can cause problems also. Why don't you want to go with mfg recommended ATF. I would say something like Amsoil is better than the OEM ATF. I am not saying one
Jump to new posts Re: is maxlife ATF really THAT good? by razel @ 2 minutes 35 seconds ago

What I found makes it good is it's wide compatibility and finally that you are getting synth without the synth price. In fact it's one of the cheapest at least in two major auto parts stores in my area @$16 for a gallon.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Green VS Orange by Donald @ 3 minutes 18 seconds ago

I see no reason to use anything other than G-05 in your vehicle. The AM/AM antifreeze is to sell at a Quickmart when you need antifreeze at 11 PM on a Sunday night. Zerex G-05 is readily available.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Never any juicy oil deals in Canada? by Oily_hair @ 3 minutes 33 seconds ago

For conventional oil users....Jan.29 - Feb. 4, 2015
Jump to new posts Re: Did They Change The Max Life Dex/Merc ATF Fluid ? by friendly_jacek @ 3 minutes 39 seconds ago

Well, the maxlife used to claim that it was Mercon V and it was obviously a false claim as the vicosity was too low for that specification. PQIA exposed that false claim: http://pqiablog.com/2013/02/28/more-on-maxlife-atf/ So, I guess they had to ch
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Multi-Functional Additive by Donald @ 5 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MolaKuleA Zinc compound, called ZDTC, can function as an anti-corrosion agent. What are the other four additional functions it can serve? Guidelines for the Question of the Day: 1. No Piston Cup Lapel Pin will be awarded t
Jump to new posts Re: Green VS Orange by Rat407 @ 9 minutes 3 seconds ago

I'm sure Prestone has done their research on this. Why would they put out a product that would cause issues and then bring lawsuits?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Deflate-gate by CrawfishTails @ 14 minutes 48 seconds ago

At the superbowl, maybe we'll actually see them check the balls 2 minutes before the game, just to be sure. Require cameras on this from now on!
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Multi-Functional Additive by Turk @ 20 minutes 26 seconds ago

It can function as a vulcanization accelerator, like what is used in latex gloves. Can also function as an allergen causing dermatitis. Used in Liquid chromatography. Functions in a Condom.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Which motor oil for AR? by Al @ 20 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Robensteinmy point is that ATF will emulsify with water...because 50% of the coolant in your car is water. I have seen it. Just like water in oil looks like chocolate milk, water and atf sort of look like pepto bismol. Again (
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Multi-Functional Additive by 29662 @ 21 minutes 23 seconds ago

ZDTC/Zinc Dithiocarbamate functions as an antioxidant, sludge preventer, antiwear, and extreme pressure additive. The main problem with ZDTC is its poor flouroelastomer seal compatibility.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Can Mobil 1 EP really go 15,000 mi? by camrydriver111 @ 23 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mike7139Originally Posted By: SLO_TownFolks, the Mike7139 is playing all of you. Go back and read all his comments. He's saying everything he can to make his supposed 5 year OCI sound even worse than it already is. Next he'
Jump to new posts Re: Green VS Orange by Ed_Flecko @ 27 minutes 20 seconds ago

I'm one of those people that thinks you should use ONLY the antifreeze that is OEM recommended. If it was ME...I'd drain it and refill it with what your manufacturer recommends. Just my .02 Ed
Jump to new posts Re: Montana Gold Bullets? by Robenstein @ 30 minutes 14 seconds ago

Happy to help good sir. I subscribe to that guy's channel because I find it oddly entertaining as well as informative. It made me feel better about my 9mm JHP choices I carry.
Jump to new posts Re: A 9 mm by Robenstein @ 34 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HokiefydI think the general concept is that a double action revolver has a trigger pull of over 10 pounds, which is generally higher than a child could operate. Most semi-automatic handguns have a trigger pull that is much ligh
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: lost wheel lock by HerrStig @ 37 minutes 8 seconds ago

Who made the lugnut? If the unit was registered a new key can be obtained from the lock naker. Mag Guard is one such maker. I learned off the record the local Toyota dealer had a cardboard box full of wheel keys, the Mensa set trying to beat the r
Jump to new posts Re: Which motor oil for AR? by Robenstein @ 38 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: AlOriginally Posted By: RobensteinCoolant is often cut with 50% water and many use the same basestocks as oil (group II, III, etc.) Whats your point? My point is that ATF doesn't mix with water like motor oils do. Therefore the
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Antique home fax machine... by HerrStig @ 39 minutes 27 seconds ago

The Weather Service broadcast fax weather maps for ships to copy for decades.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Get latest Flash for Firefox in Linux by badtlc @ 39 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: asand1Video plays fine for me, but I always get a message that flashplayer is outdated and dangerous. I have to click allow or some such nonsense. I am running Mint 17 Xfce or lxde, not sure which anymore. There are a couple
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Hyundai says very light 'ping is normal' by badtlc @ 41 minutes 11 seconds ago

I have never had a vehicle ping under any condition that I have owned.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cracking Bathroom Paint - Calling Bob Vila Types by doitmyself @ 41 minutes 44 seconds ago

It seems that the root problem is adhesion failure. No one here can prove that it was poor paint drying, dirty/greasy substrate under the previous coat(s), lack of primer, cheap paint, oil-latex interaction, or anything else. What worries me in t
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: PCMO In A New Ecodiesel Part Deux! by Roob @ 41 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Volv04LifeHe puts it on private every time i ask about his use of PCMO. lol. Maybe you could stop asking him about PCMO so we can watch the video...
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 VW GTI OCI by Michael58 @ 41 minutes 52 seconds ago

I make sure that I take it for a long-ish ride once a week. I've had incredible luck with Mobil 1 synthetic products with other daily commuters and track cars. As an aside, my wife's 2015 TDi is driven 2 miles one way to work...this car never warms
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 VW GTI OCI by dgunay @ 45 minutes 17 seconds ago

If you are uncomfortable, then just change it. Oil is cheap, but engines are not. I'd also change it every 5000 miles. IIRC, VW/VAG guys usually use Motul and they love bashing Castrol in Europe.
Bicycles
Jump to new posts Re: Grades of Aluminum by CT8 @ 45 minutes 43 seconds ago

I had a friend with a Vitus and at the time I had a Klein performance, this was around 1984 more or less. Any was we did lots of riding and we would switch off bikes. The Vitus was flexible but when spinning it was a real nice ride. He went from the
Page 1 of 86 1 2 3 ... 85 86 >