11/26/14 10:43 PM
A question, & opinions are welcome also
by kenv
11/26/14 10:39 PM
Newest Members
Visco, papajetta, MalfunctionProne, royston59, TriboOilGuy
52005 Registered Users
Who's Online
23 registered (808Soldier, 147_Grain, 901Memphis, 01_celica_gt, aa1986, 19jacobob93, 2 invisible), 559 Guests and 174 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52005 Members
66 Forums
222668 Topics
3524927 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Oil extractor by bruno @ 3 minutes 59 seconds ago

Because after you have tested the extractor once you don't have to get under the car again .
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Poor aftermarket drive axle fit by slowdime @ 5 minutes 53 seconds ago

It's a 2007 Mazda 3. Yeah it's kind of baffling. I did some online searching using the oe part number and saw a lot of poor reviews for the aftermarket offerings. The dealer parts guy asked for the vin to get the correct axle, so as you say, maybe
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Great Moments in Sports by montero1 @ 7 minutes 29 seconds ago

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/video/1JpsrR
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra XG7317 Pixs - 12K Miles & 18 Months by David1 @ 11 minutes 46 seconds ago

Boy it did its job however Im starting to think to get a expensive oil filter and expensive syn oil and running it 12K miles is not good. I could be wrong but think the best oil is clean oil... Syn Oil gets dirty... just dirty with more additive
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal pressure in closed central heating system by Shannow @ 14 minutes 43 seconds ago

Down here, they install a head tank with a "sheeps crook" vent higher than the interior ceiling of the highest floor...natural head pressure to counteract the gravity of the internal system...highest radiator plus maybe 5-6 feet. 10m colum
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Aus Ford Falcon I6 clean, under rocker cover pics by hpb @ 15 minutes 59 seconds ago

Looks good! The rocker arms always have that varnished look to them, nothing to worry about at all. Keep doing what you're doing oil change wise! I'll post you my rocker cover to polish, since you did such a good job on yours...
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oriellys MGL51372 cut open by David1 @ 16 minutes 57 seconds ago

Looks as if it did the job they are better filters now. I think they basically used to be FRAM Extra guards and now they are NAPA SILVER
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator synthetic filter? by David1 @ 18 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: oilmavenThe local KMart is closing and they're "clearing it out". I took a walk through the store and headed over to the automotive section (of course) and bought a couple of Purolator synthetic filters (they were 50%
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Magnefine 1/2" Magnetic Inline Transmission Filter by David1 @ 26 minutes 53 seconds ago

Im selling this b/c its 1/2 and that fine but it wont fit my car and I really dont want to put a bunch of adapters.. I made a post a long time ago when I bought it.. 20$ w free shipping in USA 48 Lower 48 States only. Continental USA Its new.. ne
Jump to new posts Re: Poor aftermarket drive axle fit by Char Baby @ 30 minutes 7 seconds ago

Out of curiosity, what Mazda is this for? We ran int the same situation here! While replacing the Struts, we also replace the driver side half shaft for my daughter Mazda3 listed in my signature, due to torn boots. We ordered up the 2 different
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal pressure in closed central heating system by chrisri @ 30 minutes 15 seconds ago

Nebroch hi, Yes I have expansion tank . It's a two story house but system is separated at furnace with two water pumps. Im no expert in this systems so I don't know if this is odd or normal way to build this type of systems. Edit: Furnace is in th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Thanksgiving by Rick in PA @ 35 minutes 17 seconds ago

Happy Thanksgiving. My wife has a rather large turkey for us, so it should be turkey-time for a while. We're having my wife's parents over, my daughter is having her boyfriend over, my son's home from school and we have a new dog (for a total of th
Jump to new posts Re: Best wiper blades? by Char Baby @ 37 minutes 5 seconds ago

What I do like for wiper blades is, BEAM style wiper blades. Mostly, I have used Rain-X Latitude & Repel(Repel is discontinued) but, I have tried others such as Valvoline Aquablade-Beam Blades and Invisible Glass Beam Blades(all on sale from Big
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: toyota 86 oil question by Shannow @ 43 minutes 12 seconds ago

aa1986, I agree with what you are saying completely, and have said similar on a number of occasions. It depends on what the thermal castration is supposed to achieve, and whether it's being misinterpreted in the track context, same as manufacturer's
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Optimal pressure in closed central heating system by Nebroch @ 44 minutes 55 seconds ago

One-story house = 1 bar, two-story 1,5 bar. Do you have a proper expansion tank in the system?
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VW Oil Conversation - why 40 weight? by riggaz @ 47 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: kozanogluOriginally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: SandCastleWhy do you suppose VW persists with the 40 weight oil specification (VW 502 00), when many competitors have been specifying 20 weight
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 40K miles, no oil change, engine seized, Yikes! by riggaz @ 52 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sasilverbulletPost from reddit.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop... Dodge engine seized. Only 40,000 miles, the oil had NEVER been changed. It was like pudding. Stupid engines
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Optimal pressure in closed central heating system by chrisri @ 52 minutes 44 seconds ago

I thought I could ask here. Just did same yearly maintenance on my heating system. System is older with steel pipes and aluminium radiators. I always pressure it to 1.5 bar, but can go to 1.9 bar when hot. Temp range is between 75c to about 90c. So
Never seen the insides of an Oz Ford Cammer before. Looks good (Getting a set of alloy covers for the Statesman soon, as the plastic ones are buggered)
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Shell engine teardown of experimental low-viscosit by Black_Thunder @ Today at 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Brent_GNewer diesel (mainly heavy duty) need to work on reliability way before fuel economy. We work on an ISX atleast once a week with EGR/DEF/DPF issues usually not over 500k miles. Our current over the road truck is a 3406E
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: toyota 86 oil question by chrisri @ Today at 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: aa1986If you have a vehicle programmed to thermally castrate when the oil reaches a certain temperature, and the programming assumption behind that is that the oil in the sump is xw20, and you are of the opinion that that temper
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by Marco620 @ Today at 03:14 AM

XM Radio Channel 37 Octane
Jump to new posts Poor aftermarket drive axle fit by slowdime @ Today at 03:13 AM

So my girlfriend had her drive axle on her Mazda replaced after my persistent nagging. Her struts were on their way out too but instead of paying the quoted $1000(what a rip) to have the shop do them she had her brother replace them. The axle popped
Nice work. Photos look good.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Is PEA useful in a DI engine? by Marco620 @ Today at 03:01 AM

Jimzz..the crc product works great in my 12 hyundai accent with DI. I will be using the crc di cleaner spray in my lexus rx350 as the results are fantastic with everything I have tried it on so far. I use this in conjunction with E 0 gas and redline
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 ... 72 73 >