Today at 08:52 PM
what weight oil for 1990s iron 305 truck motor
by leroyd92
Today at 08:37 PM
Newest Members
farmerjohn, kruq, isobsr, Marc23760, ShellFin
53745 Registered Users
Who's Online
81 registered (00Max00, Astro14, 1 FMF, 901Memphis, B320i, 9 invisible), 1414 Guests and 196 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53745 Members
66 Forums
230382 Topics
3687928 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valve covver gasket pic and rear brake shoes by BHopkins @ 2 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jk_636Originally Posted By: ThrotWheel bearing are a piece of cake. Easier than a valve cover IMO. Top end looks great! Drum brakes are the devil. I despise them. It was a pre-req for my last car purchase that it had 4 wheel d
Jump to new posts Re: 98 Expedition Consuming Too Much Oil? by jorton @ 5 minutes 48 seconds ago

I read ford back spec'd this engine to 5w-20 just for this reason. I'd like to know if running 5w-20 cuts oil burning. Have you considered switching to Motorcraft 5w-20 right away? Run it 5000 miles and measure make up oil for the last 2000 mile
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Super S Oil Treatment by MrQuackers @ 6 minutes 7 seconds ago

You want a free bottle?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I'm becoming a double edged razor hoarder! by UncleS2 @ 7 minutes 18 seconds ago

Except for worn plating, virtually all the grungy looking stuff on old DE razors is soap scum. Remember, these things often served for decades , usually with no more care than a rinse & shake. My procedure became: get "new" razor; soak
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Used Police Cars- A good choice? by Noey @ 7 minutes 21 seconds ago

Where'd you hear they get regular service? At the very least, I'd make sure there was a complete service record available before I spent anything on one, and look it over very carefully. At best, you get a car that is ridden hard and always put aw
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: what weight oil for 1990s iron 305 truck motor by BikeWhisperer @ 7 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJackFor 350 engines, GM Performance Parts specifies a 10W-30 and Edelbrock specifies 10W-40. These recommendation have been in place for a long, long time. You don't need a thicker oil just because of ambient air temps abo
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Suicidal pedestrians by slowdime @ 7 minutes 39 seconds ago

I find it humorous when someone goes to run across the road and they start off running for the first lane, then end up walking the rest of the way.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil super synthetic by BikeWhisperer @ 12 minutes 1 second ago

I've ran it in two cars (neither that I own anymore) when I got it for that price in the past. It worked fine using the OLM for the oil changes. Based on noise and the butt dyno it felt similar to Napa and O'Reilly synthetic oils...nothing special
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil super synthetic by MrQuackers @ 13 minutes 9 seconds ago

I got some 0w-20 Super Synthetic at Fred Meyer for about that price. Plus there is a $7 rebate right now if you buy 5 quarts of a Super line product. Limit 2 rebates.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 09 Camry 90K ATF drain and fill ? by chadmills @ 17 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Questif there's a drain plug, simply drain it from down below (with oil pan of course), and then @ the ATF dipstick (you'll need a narrower long neck funnel), simply top it up to approx. low range/level. Start the engine and th
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by Sport_Injection @ 19 minutes 0 seconds ago

2006 Scion Xa 160,000 miles 5,000 OCI Out=Castrol Edge 5w-30 black bottle and a Fram ultra In=Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 and a Fram ultra
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Emergency Stop Leak and Later Repair by zrxkawboy @ 19 minutes 21 seconds ago

Conklin's Dike is great if you can find it. It will generally stop a leak until you drain the cooling system. I sell a lot of it to a diesel repair shop, that in turn sells it to truckers to use until they can get the truck into the shop. The owne
Jump to new posts Re: Used Police Cars- A good choice? by dishdude @ 21 minutes 21 seconds ago

Well, you know it will be beat on but the good thing is they are usually cheap and models that can take a lot of abuse.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Who's watching the Bruce Jenner special tonight? by 1 FMF @ 23 minutes 25 seconds ago

transgender topic... 5 pages mention a corruption news article, gets closed on the no politics rule. great rule interpretation by the way :fubar:
Jump to new posts Re: 98 Expedition Consuming Too Much Oil? by Chris142 @ 23 minutes 47 seconds ago

I'd try a Dino or him oil next time. My pickup drinks synthetic
Jump to new posts Used Police Cars- A good choice? by Fitz98 @ 23 minutes 54 seconds ago

I have been looking on e-bay at used SUV's and have come across a place that sells retired police vehicles. I was looking for some feedback from anyone in the know on whether this is a good consideration or not. On one hand, they would be well servic
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Any V-8 juice lovers here? by Mystic @ 24 minutes 30 seconds ago

I drink V-8 juice all the time just to be safe. I try to eat as much vegetables as possible but V-8 juice seems like good insurance that I get enough.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Home Thermostat Wiring by MCompact @ 26 minutes 3 seconds ago

A fossil fuel(dual fuel) kit may be required if the heat pump's auxiliary/emergency heat is provided by oil, natural gas or propane. If you have electric auxiliary heat it's usually a non-issue.
Jump to new posts Re: Can you repair a hydraulic hose (power steering)? by dishdude @ 27 minutes 3 seconds ago

Well if replacing the entire hose is a nightmare than a repair might be a good alternative since it is a return line.
Gas Engine Alternate Fuels
Jump to new posts Re: Propane fuel Oil change interval by 901Memphis @ 27 minutes 23 seconds ago

Hi RLL, Welcome to BITOG! I would suggest running the oil down to the end of the oil life monitor, then send in a sample of the used oil you drain from the engine to Blackstone labs or another used oil analysis facility and they can give y
Jump to new posts 98 Expedition Consuming Too Much Oil? by Fitz98 @ 28 minutes 53 seconds ago

I have a 98 Expedition with the 5.4 triton motor. 188K miles. For the last couple years, I have been adding about 1 qt 5w 30 Mobil 1 Sythetic between 1K and 1500K miles. It seems like it is getting progressively worse to about a quart every 500-1K mi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Who's watching the Bruce Jenner special tonight? by dishdude @ 29 minutes 50 seconds ago

Because it's exactly what some of you sound like, a bunch of grouchy old men. It's like an All in the Family episode from the 70's. I could hear Archie Bunker saying this stuff to a laughing audience.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Redline SI-1 still one of the best? by Avery4 @ 32 minutes 14 seconds ago

I wonder the same thing
Jump to new posts Re: what oil, Pontiac 455 for best bearing protection by zray @ 33 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ws6formulaI know Pontiacs with larger journals (and cast rods?) could be a bit more prone to spinning bearings. I was hoping to get an oil (if possible) that could offer better protection against main and rod bearings spinning
Jump to new posts Re: Auto makers trying to stop home mechanics by TiredTrucker @ 35 minutes 52 seconds ago

Well, it may be a long shot that this kind of thing would make it into law, but once they get on to an idea, it really takes a lot to shake it. I have found over my life, that once they get an idea in their head, it is only a matter of time before s
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 ... 76 77 >