Recent Topics
Anybody use Shell Rotella T1 SAE 40 in boats?
by Bgallagher
4 minutes 31 seconds ago
"Scrub Radius"
by George Bynum
28 minutes 50 seconds ago
Any Subaru gurus here? EJ25 DOHC vague knock
by Why_Anything
33 minutes 22 seconds ago
Erdogan apologizes to Russia
by Jetronic
37 minutes 6 seconds ago
Terrible accident in So Cal last night.
by HTSS_TR
Today at 01:30 PM
Bought my first 0w-20 oil today
by shDK
Today at 01:22 PM
Tacoma Extended OCI
by 13Tacoma
Today at 01:07 PM
Gear oil mixed in with Diesel Engine Oil ...
by Miller88
Today at 12:07 PM
DELO ELC Antifreeze/Coolant??
?

by Griz95
Today at 12:06 PM
Higher oil pressure. Oil? Filter? Jeep 4.0
by RegDunlop
Today at 11:16 AM
NJ's gas tax increase
by Whimsey
Today at 11:11 AM
PAO in Mobil 1 0w-40
by loneryder
Today at 10:33 AM
Newest Members
dpaldino, T_Bortz, rebelx, dougsangster, CrazyCalvinW
58314 Registered Users
Who's Online
98 registered (4wheeldog, adamrc, ag_ghost, AandPDan, 10 invisible), 2108 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58314 Members
66 Forums
250988 Topics
4114069 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: SilverC6For the OP's filter, that media has got to be all through that engine. LoL ... the same could be said for tearing Purolators. You don't think tearing media on Purolators could also 'all go through the engine' but it
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Bought my first 0w-20 oil today by Miller88 @ 2 minutes 22 seconds ago

It depends on the engine apparently. My Focus 2.0L is the quietest on 0w-20.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change recomendations for '11 Ranger 2.3 Liter by Nickdfresh @ 4 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ryan2022Thanks guys, are these engines generally easy on oil? Yes, IIRC
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy 6.2 Silverado, Shaffer's or Mobile 1 by Crobinson16 @ 5 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kschachnOriginally Posted By: Crobinson16I use to use Mobil 1 extended performance but after reading how it shears quickly, I switched to 0w40 mobile, it seemed to the be the better alternative to the mobile 1 extended performan
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Anybody use Shell Rotella T1 SAE 40 in boats? by Bgallagher @ 5 minutes 55 seconds ago

Hey everybody - So our family has a 2007 Mercruiser 4.3 that I was asked to get oil for. My father in law said that he talked to the guy who rebuilt the engine and he said to not bother with getting 20w-40 mercury oil and to buy a good straight 40.
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline Maxlife FULL Synthetic? by Nickdfresh @ 7 minutes 16 seconds ago

To be honest I don't know why they don't sell 5W-40 here, they'd have a ready market I think...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Erdogan apologizes to Russia by Alfred_B @ 9 minutes 16 seconds ago

Apologized for the death of the pilot. Not for shooting down the plane. And no suggestion of compensation of damages. So far, Erdogan has removed Davutoglu (who gave the order to shoot down the plane) and has apologized to the pilot's family. Russia
Jump to new posts Re: 1961 Triumph TR3 oil? by SteveSRT8 @ 10 minutes 17 seconds ago

My first car was a 1965 TR-4. We bought engine parts from the local Massey-Ferguson dealer, as the engine is very "agricultural". 40W minimum in this car. Extended high speeds mean 50W. Great fun!
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Coffee - Your Current Brew by GenSan @ 10 minutes 34 seconds ago

These folks know how to roast some beans.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: The reason brake fluid can be Dot 3&4 - Viscosity! by CharlieBauer @ 10 minutes 50 seconds ago

Good observation. But most LV fluids are expensive compared to readily available Dot 4 fluids that will have sufficient Viscosity to meet Dot 3 requirements.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Subaru gurus here? EJ25 DOHC vague knock by Bottom_Feeder @ 12 minutes 40 seconds ago

That's a good point, of course. I had my doubts initially also since it sometimes did not sound that bad. But it was broken all the same.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Terrible accident in So Cal last night. by CharlieBauer @ 13 minutes 15 seconds ago

Very sad. Why is it that being on the shoulder makes you a magnet for other vehicles?
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy 6.2 Silverado, Shaffer's or Mobile 1 by Crobinson16 @ 13 minutes 21 seconds ago

Just because a oil meets or dosent meet spec, dosent mean it's a good or bad oil. I come here to read information and make my own decisions on what I read and peoples advice. I'm not up to all the oil specs terms and what not. I feel that there are
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram XG2 Bypass Valve by ZeeOSix @ 14 minutes 19 seconds ago

+1 ... it's nothing worry about, probably just a casting line.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Erdogan apologizes to Russia by Jetronic @ 16 minutes 35 seconds ago

it's not clear if he did....
Jump to new posts Re: Any Subaru gurus here? EJ25 DOHC vague knock by Why_Anything @ 17 minutes 57 seconds ago

I just looked i actually have put over 700 miles on it with this sound. I thought a ej25 spun bearing sound would get much more intense with high rpms not go away.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Erdogan apologizes to Russia by Falcon_LS @ 18 minutes 5 seconds ago

That's supposedly what the "apology" was intended for, months after ties between the two countries were severed and he made an absolute fool of himself. Erdogan has no place "leading" Turkey, once a secular republic that's now ala
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: "Scrub Radius" by leeharvey418 @ 23 minutes 27 seconds ago

The only friction it really affects is the friction that has to be overcome when turning the front wheels while at a stop. Unless one gets stupid with wheels and spacers, it'll never be an issue.
Jump to new posts Re: Any Subaru gurus here? EJ25 DOHC vague knock by Why_Anything @ 24 minutes 19 seconds ago

ugH!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The morality of riding a bike married with kids by andrewg @ 25 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteSure, you can take it to any extreme you wish to justify your actions. As I stated earlier in this thread, I am not telling anyone not to ride. My only humble suggestion was that the i
Jump to new posts Re: Any Subaru gurus here? EJ25 DOHC vague knock by Bottom_Feeder @ 27 minutes 20 seconds ago

Rod knock, probably a spun bearing, sorry to say. It's what killed my 2001 RS after 114k miles and it's pretty common. Mine was louder but the tone and frequency was the same. The local highly-regarded Subaru shop diagnosed it (by ear) and the guy I
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil announces 6% price hike by Click @ 28 minutes 5 seconds ago

After going 5 years with NO price increase, I think its admirable they held on this long without increasing prices. Cars, homes, bread, milk, other oil company lubes, nearly everything you buy has had price increases if not yearly, every other year
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Terrible accident in So Cal last night. by Blkstanger @ 28 minutes 26 seconds ago

Tragic accident that didn't need to happen.
Jump to new posts Re: Tacoma Extended OCI by Chewie @ 29 minutes 25 seconds ago

If the engine burns oil, I would actually be more OK with a longer OCI provided that it is kept topped off. The addition of fresh oil in the middle of the OCI will replenish the TBN and additives and allow for a longer interval before a complete oil
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: NJ's gas tax increase by TTK @ 29 minutes 42 seconds ago

We've been in perpetual wars since 1941 of different intensity. Look how many trillions we've wasted in the Middle East since 2001 with nothing to show for it. That's where your money is going. +1
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 ... 77 78 >