Recent Topics
2008 Accord Timing Belt
by willbur
29 minutes 32 seconds ago
Dsl extreme promo year up,so what's next?
by daves66nova
38 minutes 41 seconds ago
Wix/NAPA Gold vs Fram Ultra Synthetic (same price)
by SwedishRider
39 minutes 31 seconds ago
.05 cent oil at Advance Auto
by jpstiles02
46 minutes 15 seconds ago
28 Pictures
by Sam2000
Today at 03:14 PM
Funny piece on USA Soccer World Cup "Uniforms"
by Sam2000
Today at 02:57 PM
2006 Honda Accord LX detail *with IRON-X*
by gregk24
Today at 02:48 PM
Income multiples and large purchases
by Sam2000
Today at 02:37 PM
cut a few ...which one ya want to see first???...
by DSparks
Today at 02:11 PM
Scrub Oak Leaves; rake or mulch???
by Drew99GT
Today at 02:06 PM
QSUD $2.99 Qt after Mendards $2 Rebate
by MDS
Today at 12:23 PM
All about Chlorine
by expat
Today at 12:00 PM
Newest Members
BryanM, otbevo, AF_CyberDude, JDMHero47, Laethageal
49619 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (2oldtommy, 147_Grain, Benzadmiral, 2010_FX4, aualtima3.5, Azeem, 10 invisible), 1899 Guests and 232 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49619 Members
64 Forums
212116 Topics
3324706 Posts

Max Online: 2605 @ Today at 12:41 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Acura MDX Valve Adjustment by thrace @ 3 minutes 19 seconds ago

Quote:This vehicle does NOT have hydraulic lifter setup. The valve adjustment is via lock nut.True Quote:Frankly, 100K is way too early for needing valve adjustment on that engine especially if you had been good to the engine in terms of oil changes
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Scrub Oak Leaves; rake or mulch??? by sleddriver @ 3 minutes 51 seconds ago

Last Fall, eh? With snow on top during Winter? I'd of thought that might cause a 'snow fungus' or something similiar, especially if it stayed wet for a long time. I get buried in Elm leaves in late Fall and just recently, Live Oaks. Far too many to
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Dsl extreme promo year up,so what's next? by Nick R @ 4 minutes 24 seconds ago

You could get TWC internet in LA. 2/1 for $14.99/mo if you buy your own modem. Like $21 if you rent their modem. It's called everyday low price internet. That's a non-promotional price, so that $14.99 doesn't go up after a year or two. That and you
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 Honda Accord LX detail *with IRON-X* by qwertydude @ 5 minutes 30 seconds ago

In my experience a wash is a wash when it comes to car washing. Meguiar's Gold Class is so good simply because you can buy a gallon of it at a time at Costco. I will say compared to the generics or Turtle Wax washes the Meguiars Gold Class full stre
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: All about Chlorine by Rick in PA @ 7 minutes 7 seconds ago

Good article. I learned a few things. Thanks.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix/NAPA Gold vs Fram Ultra Synthetic (same price) by Turk @ 10 minutes 32 seconds ago

Yup, Fram Ultra.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix/NAPA Gold vs Fram Ultra Synthetic (same price) by 147_Grain @ 11 minutes 33 seconds ago

Fram Ultra.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix/NAPA Gold vs Fram Ultra Synthetic (same price) by gregk24 @ 12 minutes 31 seconds ago

Wire backed full sybthwtic media vs paper....Fram Ultra
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Q for Machinist by sleddriver @ 13 minutes 2 seconds ago

Found this on the site you ref'd: Top left rings a bell here. Your explanation of IM makes sense here. Thanks for clarifying. Re: filing, I do have a set of needle files, but nothing that small. I'd need about 1/8. I'll have a look though.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix/NAPA Gold vs Fram Ultra Synthetic (same price) by HTSS_TR @ 14 minutes 18 seconds ago

No doubt, Fram Ultra !
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: .05 cent oil at Advance Auto by Warstud @ 15 minutes 17 seconds ago

Nice Score...I got 6 bottles of Lubegard at AA for .75 cents a piece a while ago.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: New car advice please...2014 Dodge Journey by qwertydude @ 15 minutes 31 seconds ago

That's a great. I can't seem to find the 6" microfiber bonnets on the HF website though. The 7-8" one is not a polishing one, it's a buffing one meant to remove wax or polish by machine. If you use it it won't fit and will simply absorb all
Penetrating Oils/Cleaners/Solvents
Jump to new posts Re: A thumbs up for Fluid Film by Rick in PA @ 16 minutes 35 seconds ago

The local John Deere dealer is where I got mine. As I recall, the Fluid Film website had a list of dealers that carried it. It does run a bit, I shook the can good before I sprayed it.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: How much do you pay for E0 by Benzadmiral @ 17 minutes 6 seconds ago

Yesterday I stopped at a station new to me on Airline Hwy., U.S. 61, in the suburbs. "No Ethanol Here" read the signs, and the pumps were branded Sunoco (it used to be a BP station). Regular 87 was $3.59 -- but I was down, I thought, to f
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Toyota Camry by HTSS_TR @ 18 minutes 48 seconds ago

I'll take 2014 Accord over this new Camry, styling wise especially the front end.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: QSUD 5W-30 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.4L Turbo 7653 miles by Tucson Five-O @ 18 minutes 55 seconds ago

And speaking more about the MY 2013 OLM recalibration, it seems that GM felt that the specified dexos1 syn-blends weren't handling the long drain intervals with rumors of excessive timing chain wear. I know, one dexos1 rated oil should be the equal
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Scrub Oak Leaves; rake or mulch??? by fdcg27 @ 20 minutes 28 seconds ago

Mulch 'em. The excess acidity will be nothing in the soil solution. You may or may not need to lime your yard every decade or so. You can tell by the weeds that thrive, but you can also have a soil analysis done, kind of like a UOA or VOA for your so
Jump to new posts Re: .05 cent oil at Advance Auto by evanautumn @ 22 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR7 quarts at .05 cents a quart is .35 cents total before tax, plus tax it will be less than 0.5 cents. If you pay with 1 penny how do you 1/2 penny back ? Should it be .05 dollars or 5 cents a quart ? really?
Jump to new posts Re: .05 cent oil at Advance Auto by HTSS_TR @ 25 minutes 14 seconds ago

7 quarts at .05 cents a quart is .35 cents total before tax, plus tax it will be less than 0.5 cents. If you pay with 1 penny how do you 1/2 penny back ? Should it be .05 dollars or 5 cents a quart ?
Jump to new posts Re: .05 cent oil at Advance Auto by Red91 @ 25 minutes 56 seconds ago

+1....I've heard of loss leader, but Jesus H. [censored], that is ridiculous.
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Accord Timing Belt by gregk24 @ 26 minutes 12 seconds ago

I woud just change the t belt
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Income multiples and large purchases by NMBurb02 @ 26 minutes 40 seconds ago

If you are asking "should", you are getting into dangerous territory and opinions will vary greatly. Like it has been said already, it really depends on your overall circumstances and views on money, debt, lifestyle, etc. (so money in gene
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: cut a few ...which one ya want to see first???... by ChevyBadger @ 29 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TROriginally Posted By: KCJeepAll of them! +1 + dos
Jump to new posts 2008 Accord Timing Belt by willbur @ 30 minutes 4 seconds ago

Greetings- the timing belt replacement interval for my 2008 Accord V6 is 7 years or 105,000 miles. I'm coming up on the 7 years but the car has only 37,000 miles. Do I change the belt based on time or just let it go for a while? I was thinking of jus
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix/NAPA Gold vs Fram Ultra Synthetic (same price) by GutsyGecko @ 30 minutes 11 seconds ago

Fram
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 ... 70 71 >