by tenderloin
Today at 01:52 AM
PP 0w-20 7,400 mi. 2013 Subaru Forester FB25
by Bandito440
Today at 12:57 AM
Laboratory Analysis of MMO
by MolaKule
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Old hang on window a/c maintenance......
by daves66nova
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
best flashlight batteries?
by Chris142
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Possible sludged VQ37HR
by aualtima3.5
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
"Gravel Traps"
by simplistic
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
Transmission clunk, I cannot figure it out!
by Klutch9
Yesterday at 09:56 PM
The 15,000 Mile OCI
by macarose
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Coolant and head gasket question
by Patrick0525
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
Bleeding brakes
by wallyuwl
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
Poles #EatApples to annoy Putin
by dave1251
Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Newest Members
jdfay, kaesees, bprat318, Winter_Texan, SloopJohnB
50816 Registered Users
Who's Online
26 registered (calzone, b1amgm47, Clubber_Lang, CaspianM, dieselguy67, 3 invisible), 658 Guests and 236 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50816 Members
64 Forums
217139 Topics
3419148 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Compare M1 0W30 AFE to M1 5W30 EP by Greasymechtech @ 2 minutes 25 seconds ago

EP has served me just fine for ~5k intervals. The "ideal" argument and "not correct" statement makes no sense. Concerning Mobil synthetics, feel free to use the 0w30afe, 5w30, 5w30ep, 5w30hm, 5w30ss, 5w30esp, ... But, consider
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Linux Mint Lost and Found folder? by demarpaint @ 8 minutes 37 seconds ago

^^ Thanks^^
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Coolant and head gasket question by Patrick0525 @ 13 minutes 39 seconds ago

With four hours of cool down, the current antifreeze level is at the appropriate level that allows for expansion and contraction after a drive cycle. I have the excess fluid in a cup and can added back to the overflow tank if neded.
Jump to new posts Re: What oil to use in my Saturn by KD0AXS @ 19 minutes 57 seconds ago

Seriously, you're over thinking this. Just get whatever's cheap and do 5000 mile OCIs. Keep an eye out here for deals. I've never paid more than $2 a quart for oil in my Saturn. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/33/1/Prod
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Comparing two Mobil1 5w30 synthetic oils. by riggaz @ 33 minutes 24 seconds ago

Quote: In all honesty i have only heard of one person running the longlife service schedule on a Passat. Only fleet managers are interested in the kind of cost savings they represent. Also VW appear to quote 18k or 2yrs. And they add caveats like
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Laboratory Analysis of MMO by demarpaint @ 44 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Clubber_LangOriginally Posted By: spasm3Low flashpoint. yes, its supposed to burn off gradually as it cleans Exactly and as I've been saying for a long time, keep an eye on your oil level if you use it. Also for those afraid
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Euro Pennzoil Platinum w/ PurePlus - 0W-40, 5W-30 by riggaz @ 50 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuroPennzoil has new Euro oils listed under Pennzoil Platinum. Anyone know anything about these? 0W-40, 5W-30 and 5W-40. http://www.pennzoil.com/motor-oil/pennzoil-platinum-full-synthetic-motor-oil/ Essentially they ar
Jump to new posts Re: What is your experience with Amsoil? by Hounds @ Today at 03:23 AM

I realize this is a motor oil thread, but I didn't want to pass up an opportunity to put in a good word for Amsoil's MTF (bottled as "Synthetic Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid"). Been using it in any number of manual transmission Hon
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra's XG9688 by Greasymechtech @ Today at 03:12 AM

Using a ph9688 in a 2.4gdi. No issues here. Don't see the need for XG or TG.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bleeding brakes by wallyuwl @ Today at 03:12 AM

Ended up getting this: http://www.amazon.com/Motive-Products-Po...e+brake+bleeder There was one used through Amazon Marketplace for $24 in very good rated condition. Also got one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W7K588/ref=ox_ya_os_
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Ruger 9E by cos @ Today at 03:08 AM

Another SR9 (aka 9E) for $300 - why not? It is a great price for a top quality pistol and at least as good as a new G17, let alone a used one.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: "Gravel Traps" by MrQuackers @ Today at 02:54 AM

Honey I shrunk the insoluables. FU
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A Drone Just Flew Over The House by Shannow @ Today at 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Nick RClearly destruction of private property isn't a concern of people on here :3 Next time someone is parked in front of my house on the street, I'll be sure to slash their tires because I don't like them there and clearly th
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: "Gravel Traps" by ZeeOSix @ Today at 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: MrQuackersIs this correct? 20 micron = 1/50 of a millimeter? Yep, or 20u = 0.000787"
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: "Gravel Traps" by Greasymechtech @ Today at 02:45 AM

Bashing is fun from the armchair. Feel free to use the stainless media filter.
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: PL25230 by ZeeOSix @ Today at 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: flhrThat's it 6starprez. If the filter portion on the right was flipped over I'm looking at those 3 pleats upward. I've been finding more info on this filter but am still pretty much in the dark on this thread-end bypass. I know
Jump to new posts Re: Laboratory Analysis of MMO by Clubber_Lang @ Today at 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: spasm3Low flashpoint. yes, its supposed to burn off gradually as it cleans
Jump to new posts Re: What is your experience with Amsoil? by Greasymechtech @ Today at 02:34 AM

All of Amsoil's products are top notch. Don't blindly follow their change intervals. Smitty's has full synth motor oils, and Purolator has synth filters.
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Poles #EatApples to annoy Putin by Boczech @ Today at 02:30 AM

Gotta love those apples...
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 8/1-8/31 NAPA Dollar Days by Boczech @ Today at 02:23 AM

Thanks for posting Tenderloin !!!
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: MMO, the real deal. by rdalek @ Today at 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: MrQuackersSelect Walmarts carry the gallon size for a bit under $16 at least at the one where I saw it recently. True. Not all Walmarts carry the gallon. I have two Walmarts close to me that do not so when I go visit a frien
Jump to new posts Re: Laboratory Analysis of MMO by MolaKule @ Today at 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Cutehumorwhat's your professional opinion of this stuff Mola? 1) Probably a decent fuel system cleaner, 2) and flush for adding to oil just before changing it. This is assuming of course you have evidence of, or suspect a dirt
Jump to new posts Re: Is it a competition? by Greasymechtech @ Today at 01:58 AM

Run a toilet paper bypass filter and never change the oil. It's your engine. Do whatever you want. UOA provides peace of mind. UOA can catch fuel, mechanical, coolant, or other issues.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: PP 0w-20 7,400 mi. 2013 Subaru Forester FB25 by 901Memphis @ Today at 01:57 AM

10k should be cake
Jump to new posts Re: Possible sludged VQ37HR by chrisri @ Today at 01:55 AM

I would change oil with M1 0w-40 and good quality synthetic media oil filter. Best would be OEM. OCI no less than 10k miles with this setup. To ease your mind i bought a new Fiat CR diesel, made oil change on 3k km by myself, then got it remapped to
Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 ... 89 90 >