Today at 06:25 PM
Leak stop?
by 36yrsinTX
Today at 06:16 PM
Newest Members
akv, ozigoo, MIketitan, Zephyr20, gidlestick
53010 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (abycat, 4Scott4, ABCarr, ARB1977, ag_ghost, 5 invisible), 1279 Guests and 257 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53010 Members
66 Forums
227444 Topics
3628148 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Shoe quandary by hotwheels @ 1 minute 49 seconds ago

Yes, NB has usually wide sizes available, which is why I mentioned them. The NB Trail Sneakers Classics 710, their only classic style high top sneaker, appears to be available only in D (medium) width. hotwheels
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Need help find a good work shoe for my brother. by MetalSlug @ 3 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: marshall25I have tried all the other brands mentioned and never had any last very long. I have been wearing Thorogood boots for the last 5 years and will not wear anything else now. nice suggestion that throgood, it like t
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Proxy war - a new (?) Anti Gun tactic by CT8 @ 8 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DNVDMAXHandguns are alive and well at Wallys in Alaska, from .22s to .40s to 500 S&Ws. Seems Ak doesn't have the large amount of libtards like the lower states.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Distributor gear worn sharp by The_Eric @ 10 minutes 56 seconds ago

Those aftermarket gears are pretty dicey. Growing up, I hot-rodded Chevys and learned the same lesson you did. For me the answer was easy0 go to the dealer and buy a new GM gear. They hold up great! Being a Buford guy, I'm not too sure where to sug
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State Higher Mileage Oil by Nick1994 @ 11 minutes 39 seconds ago

I went into an O'Reillys looking for some and found none on the shelf. I asked an employee and he went to the back and said "you're in luck, this is the last quart" and was going to hand me an ancient bottle of 10w40. Looked like it was sit
Jump to new posts Re: 5w20 verses 5w30 in other countries without cafe. by crazyoildude @ 12 minutes 1 second ago

so you like the 5w30 better? And did the uoa look better also ? Yes your kia, sorry
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck oil filler cap by Chris142 @ 12 minutes 6 seconds ago

I oiled mine. No luck
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State Higher Mileage Oil by Nickdfresh @ 14 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntzO'Reilly's actually is selling motor oil that is 5-6 years old? Shocking! Better shake those puppies hard. Not really, there's a study around here with additives in retention is oil that is decades old. But I'd s
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: AT&T is dumb. School Me On WiMax. by Sierra048 @ 15 minutes 10 seconds ago

Thanks for the link. I read it in its entirety. Brought back some memories. When I retired, fiber to the home was just becoming prevalent where I worked and lived. Fiber as distribution lines were around long before that. I tried to follow the t
Jump to new posts Re: 2003 Nissan Xterra 4x4 3.3 auto by Brons2 @ 15 minutes 26 seconds ago

I had a VG33 in a Pathfinder, that engine is not one of my favorites. Slow, noisy and thirsty. But it is reliable.
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State Higher Mileage Oil by Nickdfresh @ 16 minutes 7 seconds ago

It's not the same old TEFLON Slick 50 from the 90's attempting to turn your oil pan into a frying pan. By the early 2000's Quaker State/SOPUS transitioned Slick 50 into an oil additive product chocked full of zinc and actual detergents I think. It
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck oil filler cap by 147_Grain @ 19 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TallPaulNeed to carry a large channel lock pliers with you. +1
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck oil filler cap by donnyj08 @ 22 minutes 40 seconds ago

on all my vehicles that have an o-ring on the fill cap i always put some fresh oil around it every oil change to keep it free, and to keep the o-ring from getting dry and torn.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendation-2015 Honda Accord V6 by Leo99 @ 23 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Jiffy_ChrisHonda does not recommend filter changes every other. I'm confused as to why people think that. Service codes A and B are both LOF. Code A is replace just the oil.
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State Higher Mileage Oil by OneEyeJack @ 25 minutes 12 seconds ago

I'd pick an oil that did not require the use of Slick 50. Oil alone should be enough to do the job.
Jump to new posts Re: Cold cranking viscosity vs. 0W/5W for winter use. by Geonerd @ 26 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorjeWhy would you even consider using a 5w-20 when there are very good 0w-20 synthetics? My 04 Camry V6 was speced for 5w-30 and I use 0w-20 in the winter and 0w-30 in the summer. ^
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendation-2015 Honda Accord V6 by gregk24 @ 26 minutes 54 seconds ago

Every Honda owners manual that I have seen says to change the filter every other OCI, including both of mine.
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Outback owner's manual oil recommendations by OneEyeJack @ 27 minutes 39 seconds ago

Keep obsessively good records. I used a spiral bound notebook and stapled receipts to the pages and kept the old oil filters and an oil sample in sealed plastic bags. The spiral binding is important because it keeps the pages in absolute order and yo
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck oil filler cap by TallPaul @ 30 minutes 35 seconds ago

Need to carry a large channel lock pliers with you.
Jump to new posts Re: Stuck oil filler cap by antiqueshell @ 31 minutes 21 seconds ago

I've had this problem as well in my 20 year old VW Golf. Over time the rubber degrades the heating and cooling cycles contribute to this issue. I wouldn't risk applying anything to it as long as it doesn't tear. Maybe use a bit of synthetic oil on it
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendation-2015 Honda Accord V6 by Jiffy_Chris @ 39 minutes 43 seconds ago

Honda does not recommend filter changes every other. I'm confused as to why people think that. Service codes A and B are both LOF.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Bell Aire tire inflator by faramir9 @ 39 minutes 58 seconds ago

Not sure this is the right forum, but anyway: I just bought a Bell Aire 5000 tire inflator from AAP; $41.xx with a coupon code and store pickup. The one piece that was missing from my in-trunk "be prepared" kit. None of my tires was low, b
Jump to new posts Re: Distributor gear worn sharp by OneEyeJack @ 40 minutes 11 seconds ago

Be sure to check the camshaft, too.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Shoe quandary by OneEyeJack @ 41 minutes 6 seconds ago

New Balance specializes in wide shoes. A couple of there top executives were really big people with wide feet so based on their looks the wide shoes might be a special interest item for them. High tops.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendation-2015 Honda Accord V6 by gregk24 @ 49 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: tommygunnWelcome to BITOG! My recommendation is to use the cheapest synthetic 0w20 that's on sale. Right now, Advance Auto Parts has Mobil Super Synthetic for $21.99 including a Driveworks filter (for $2 more, you can upgrade
Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 ... 80 81 >