by scott37300
04/18/14 10:38 AM
Cultured Marble Help
by Smoky14
04/18/14 10:31 AM
99 VW Auto fluid change
by scott37300
04/18/14 10:30 AM
looks I need of new struts, what to choose?
by KrisZ
04/18/14 10:24 AM
"Snake Oil" that actually worked?
by MCompact
04/18/14 10:11 AM
Quaker State Defy 10w-40 in my scooter...
by kmrcstintn
04/18/14 09:42 AM
Honda 15400-PLM-A01PE
by David1
04/18/14 09:36 AM
Shell FRN - no participating stations?
by Stelth
04/18/14 09:24 AM
Hydraulic fluid question?
by Ford1356
04/18/14 08:59 AM
Mazda Tribute atf service
by urrlord
04/18/14 08:43 AM
2015 Honda HR-V
by Hokiefyd
04/18/14 07:56 AM
Newest Members
srkandel, LarryHill, MasterEngineer, MikeSpeed, jmac79
49611 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (901Memphis, 2004tdigls, 2012AccentSE, 147_Grain, AandPDan, 9 invisible), 1921 Guests and 230 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
49611 Members
64 Forums
212043 Topics
3323568 Posts

Max Online: 2551 @ 04/05/14 01:28 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Typical oil pressures in an engine? by HKPolice @ 12 seconds ago

Seems like most filter bypass springs open up at around 12-18psi but when I google typical oil pressures, people are posting figures WAY above that. Apparently it's normal to idle around 10psi and for every 1000rpm it goes up another 10psi? Wouldn'
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 99 VW Auto fluid change by dparm @ 4 minutes 34 seconds ago

I believe the correct fluid is G 052 162 [A2].
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Lisle Coolant Funnel by artbuc @ 4 minutes 55 seconds ago

I bought mine about 6 months ago on Amazon. After decades of tedious coolant changes with coolant splashing all over the place, I used this boy for the first time this morning. Works perfectly. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lisle-Spil...-Thrd/19654863
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: 99 Jetta 2.0 coolant drain and fill by 2004tdigls @ 6 minutes 8 seconds ago

http://www.blauparts.com/categories.asp?cat=4414
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: More important, ASTM testing or VOA's by FetchFar @ 6 minutes 37 seconds ago

VOAs are interesting because they show how much zinc, moly, calcium, boron, and titanium a formulator thought they needed to certify their oils meeting minimum performance standards such as SN or whatever they are going for. For example, it was alwa
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cultured Marble Help by dparm @ 6 minutes 55 seconds ago

My advice is to get a professional to correct it.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Best Pushmowers Ever (List) by bchannell @ 8 minutes 29 seconds ago

I had a mid '70's staggered wheel, magnesium deck 19" Lawnboy, that was without a doubt the best lawnmower I ever had. I used it to mow mow many lawns to make money in the beginning, and had it thru buying my first house. It was light, maneuvera
Jump to new posts Re: Hydraulic fluid question? by Ken2 @ 8 minutes 34 seconds ago

Keep in mind that tractor hydraulic oil is different from industrial hydraulic oil. The wet clutches in the tractor require specific friction modifiers that industrial hydraulics don't use.
Jump to new posts Re: looks I need of new struts, what to choose? by The Critic @ 10 minutes 16 seconds ago

Bilstein is the only way to go. The other aftermarket choices you mentioned are only suitable for the franchise tire shops. If the Bilsteins are too high, then look at the dealer ones. But knowing how ridiculously expensive Mazda OE parts can be, t
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: "Snake Oil" that actually worked? by MCompact @ 10 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bepperb Out of curiosity when you say "the only cooling system failure had been" is that to mean there had been other repairs you needed to make, other than the cooling system (a well known issue with this vintage BMW
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Cultured Marble Help by SteveSRT8 @ 11 minutes 55 seconds ago

I have restored a cultured marble vanity in a home by sanding it like paint on a car. We used very fine paper in 3 grades, started with like an 800 or so and finished out with a 4k super fine. used water and a bit of a cleaner, ended up nearly new.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: 40w to 30w by Ken2 @ 12 minutes 6 seconds ago

The air does provide a significant measure of cooling with the air flow over the outside of the engine block, valve covers, and oil pan. Other things remaining equal, higher viscosity oil has higher film strength. Other things never remain equal.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts 99 Jetta 2.0 coolant drain and fill by scott37300 @ 13 minutes 43 seconds ago

Family member bought a 99 Jetta 2.0L and I want to go over it and freshen everything up since we don't know the service history and I'll be taking care of this car. It says it has G12 coolant. I've never worked on a German car before so I have just
Jump to new posts Re: looks I need of new struts, what to choose? by SteveSRT8 @ 14 minutes 14 seconds ago

IME Bilsteins are among the finest made anywhere. Factory OEM on my car and still perfect at 90k miles with lots of track time and a big heavy car. There are a ton of options but if you want to think long term Bilstein is actually cheap!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: After the Military, College, Work? by dave1251 @ 15 minutes 24 seconds ago

While you are on active duty take care of your electives such as English, Math, and Social Sciences. Set up a appointment with your Army College office and talk to one of the advisers there. Agree to a plan to knock your courses out using your tuitio
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Quaker State Defy 10w-40 in my scooter... by Brybo86 @ 18 minutes 4 seconds ago

Perfectly fine but I'm sure your shadow also calls for 10w40. So why not just get the same thing.... Meaning whatever u put in the honda since it has a wet clutch. Heck I bet a gallon would cover moto and scooter oil volume right?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: After the Military, College, Work? by Papa Bear @ 19 minutes 47 seconds ago

Govt jobs will eventually kill the country. Your #1 contradicts your #2 I've found that a good tradesman (contractor, plumber, electrician, HVAC, mechanic etc) who is honest & good will always have to turn down work. An honest day's work will p
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Cultured Marble Help by Smoky14 @ 20 minutes 2 seconds ago

The wife cleaned the counter top in the bath room with a cloth that had something in it which scratched the surface. What is the best way to polish these scratches out. I tried a polishing compound without any success, maybe not abrasive enough so I
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS just went "live" by uc50ic4more @ 21 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ClutchDiscI read somewhere (I think it was on the Ubuntu forums) that the option to update to 14.04 won't show up in the update manager until they come out with 14.04.1 in August? Does that sound right? The Update Manager ca
Jump to new posts 99 VW Auto fluid change by scott37300 @ 21 minutes 27 seconds ago

A family member just bought a 99 jetta 2.0L automatic with 55,000 original miles on it. This means a german car just got added to my "fleet" of vehicles I take care of. Never really worked on a german car before so have lots of questions.
Jump to new posts Re: New Pennzoil Website Updates, TDSheets by FetchFar @ 22 minutes 58 seconds ago

On NOACK variability, whatever the source, maybe they should just average the results of 5 tests, or maybe some oil makers only report the BEST result of a batch of several tests to appear better.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS just went "live" by uc50ic4more @ 24 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLI would argue that you are correct in your assessment here. When I was doing CS 13+ years ago the DE we were using was XFCE. It hasn't changed much since then. Consistency has been one of the keys to its success, along o
Jump to new posts Re: "Snake Oil" that actually worked? by bepperb @ 24 minutes 43 seconds ago

There are penty of threads of pea based cleaners getting rid of similar o2/catalyst issues, so it might not be a snake oil it actually may have cleaned things out enough to make a difference. Still good to hear. Out of curiosity when you say &quo
Jump to new posts Re: "Snake Oil" that actually worked? by Brybo86 @ 25 minutes 5 seconds ago

My guess is most any fuel cleaner used at a significantly concentrated level would have turned off the light.... Techron regane chemtool etc
Jump to new posts Re: New Pennzoil Website Updates, TDSheets by FetchFar @ 25 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: windeyeThis is always the biggest question mark in my mind. They can not have it both ways. If GTL does provide a good base for low NOACK, what did Pennzoil do? Also the NOACK is 10.5% for Platinum, 1% lower. I don't, maybe it's
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 ... 36 37 >