Recent Topics
Valve damage due to blocked airfilter.
by PierreR
4 minutes 25 seconds ago
How long will a filter last filled w/oil?
by Doog
Today at 01:20 PM
Anyone running the Windows 10 Technical Preview?
by Hokiefyd
Today at 01:13 PM
10 UOAs, various amsoil oils, 2002 3.8 windstar
by pb
Today at 01:06 PM
Blizzard Warning in New Jersey
by MalfunctionProne
Today at 12:37 PM
Which motor oil for AR?
by jkasch
Today at 12:06 PM
Dad's 2000 Audi AG V8 dying while driving
by cutchemist42
Today at 11:55 AM
Top fuel dragster oil?
by Camprunner
Today at 11:54 AM
5W40 HD Oils
by rdevans89
Today at 11:33 AM
atf or grease
by redd
Today at 10:56 AM
Positive experience with LubeControl
by Dr_No
Today at 10:37 AM
Most "powerful" .40s&w FMJ?
by buck91
Today at 10:04 AM
Newest Members
RollinFury, foxfire, zach1900, goldie2222, Max9219
52613 Registered Users
Who's Online
120 registered (01_celica_gt, 29662, 911Don, 2sld3kf2bt, 147_Grain, 2010_FX4, 10 invisible), 1825 Guests and 176 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52613 Members
66 Forums
225597 Topics
3588983 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Best High Mileage Oil by crazyoildude @ 4 seconds ago

I have used Pennzoil high mileage in all my very high mileage engines in the summer for years and have had good results using it. I don't use it in the winter because it is a little to thick in the winter for my liking. I have seen it slow down leaks
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Camry V6 Rattle by Hokiefyd @ 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RN89Also, with the car only having 50k miles, what could have caused these to go bad already? Car is driven where most Camry's are; in town and highway cruising for my wife's work. I think 50k miles is early for stabilizer bar
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Purolator Pl14612 cut open looks good. by tratman2000 @ 27 seconds ago

Ran on 91 miata 2700 miles at 13 months qsgb 10w30. Had a timing belt job and cam,crank and valve cover seals done at a shop. drove around 200 miles after job and then changed with valvoline synpower 10w30 and a FU. Everything looked good adbv was p
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Valve damage due to blocked airfilter. by Bandito440 @ 2 minutes 15 seconds ago

Interesting! Do you have photos of the filter?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Blizzard Warning in New Jersey by earlyre @ 3 minutes 7 seconds ago

I've Been a Grocery Cashier for 16yrs. the only bit he has wrong is most people also get Beer and Eggs. and the Beer Might be Higher on the Priority list..
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Valve damage due to blocked airfilter. by PierreR @ 5 minutes 9 seconds ago

Thought i was ging to show you what can happen to an engine if the airfilter is never replaced and it sits in a dusty enviroment. The pics comes from a CAT engine that is used to power a generator at a quarry and its used to power the rockchrusher. T
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Blizzard Warning in New Jersey by simple_gifts @ 5 minutes 15 seconds ago

Quote: Does no one have an emergency food supply? I have it already stored on my body.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sea trials for a X-47B by Astro14 @ 5 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Al90% of our military should be in the form of Tomahawk Missles, Drones, Special Forces, Anticraft missles. A thousand ship navy each tens of millions, aircraft carriers at 13 Billion each, thousands of fighters @25 million ea
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Toyota Celica GT delayed start/hesitation by 01_celica_gt @ 6 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: larrystorchrulesCould also be faulty purge control valve. The valve can get stuck open by a tiny piece of debris, and when you start you are actually in a flooding condition, even tho it sounds like it needs fuel. Difficult star
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 10 UOAs, various amsoil oils, 2002 3.8 windstar by CrawfishTails @ 7 minutes 44 seconds ago

yeah, that first oil change was a 60 weight oil being taken out of there. Guess thats still within the realm of the "usable" since BMW M engines use 60. Wow thats double the KV100 of a 30 weight.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Blizzard Warning in New Jersey by Miller88 @ 7 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Astro14Current forecast is for a few feet from New York to Boston, not just the few inches that you're getting. And I am at EWR, with a scheduled flight to Dublin this evening... Shaping up to an interesting day. Oh, we wo
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Officer Wilson to not be federally charged by d00df00d @ 8 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MysticHow about if we lose the fancy terminology that means nothing without proof or meaningful statistics like 'institutional racism.' Because when somebody starts throwing around that kind of stuff that implies that there is d
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Top fuel dragster oil? by Pontual @ 9 minutes 6 seconds ago

Whut? I thought they're using a 0w5 oil. Is from that oil they got the name, drag?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring by KitaCam @ 9 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gtany good? with the rebate, 40 off instantly and 100 off 500, I was able to get a set of these for $164 shipped to my door. YouTube has good reviews. size: 195/60R15 ...$164?....$500 - 100 - 40 = $360 What am I mi
Jump to new posts Re: My first domestic car and my first impresions. by Hokiefyd @ 9 minutes 28 seconds ago

I've owned the following brands, in alphabetical order: Acura Cadillac Chrysler Dodge Honda Nissan Oldsmobile Saturn Toyota I've found the Acura/Honda cars we own now to be more serviceable and maintainable than any other, which is but one reason w
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Most "powerful" .40s&w FMJ? by Robenstein @ 10 minutes 36 seconds ago

I am sure that price is a factor. FMJ is cheaper than JHP ammo of the same quality. There is always the expanding full metal jacket rounds from federal as an option.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Should we always change WP w/ timing belt? by meep @ 10 minutes 47 seconds ago

the one time I didn't change the pump with the belt, the next belt came early when the pump failed.
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 Camry V6 Rattle by Silverado12 @ 11 minutes 8 seconds ago

When doing anything sway bar related, have both wheels evenly off the ground so the bar isn't on a bind.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Pure Gasoline vs 10% Ethanol in newer vehicles by SHOZ @ 11 minutes 14 seconds ago

Toluene is quite an effective octane booster and is also a major component of gasoline.
Jump to new posts Re: Is Subaru now an after thought company? by meep @ 13 minutes 14 seconds ago

4 people I work with daily all have subarus 1-3 years old. None have had any problems with them. I sees track time several times per year. 2 have the H6, 1 has a N/A 4, one has the turbo 4. Oh and his wife has a newer forester (too new to have develo
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Pure Gasoline vs 10% Ethanol in newer vehicles by y_p_w @ 13 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SHOZCows take a couple of years to grow. It will take time to rebuild the cow and hog fleets seeing as many were sold off..... The ethanol for fuel is a great boondoggle. Good for Big Farming, ADM, ethanol plants and ethanol
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Blizzard Warning in New Jersey by Astro14 @ 14 minutes 33 seconds ago

Current forecast is for a few feet from New York to Boston, not just the few inches that you're getting. And I am at EWR, with a scheduled flight to Dublin this evening... Shaping up to an interesting day.
Jump to new posts Re: Barrett Hunting Rifles! by OVERKILL @ 15 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: hatt110BA is no more practical than a .50 for hunting. Still unnecessarily big and bulky for hunting duty. A gun half the weight will do 100% of the job that needs doing. These guns are certainly pretty awesome but we have to
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone running the Windows 10 Technical Preview? by demarpaint @ 20 minutes 45 seconds ago

I like the idea that it works on older machines. I'm looking forward to trying it on two Win 7 laptops I have. The free deal was the hook for me.
Jump to new posts Re: Barrett Hunting Rifles! by hatt @ 21 minutes 24 seconds ago

110BA is no more practical than a .50 for hunting. Still unnecessarily big and bulky for hunting duty. A gun half the weight will do 100% of the job that needs doing. These guns are certainly pretty awesome but we have to keep reality in mind. ju
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 ... 42 43 >