by sleddriver
20 minutes 37 seconds ago
Dodge Challenger/Charger owners w/Police wheels
by Blue_Goose
34 minutes 43 seconds ago
Drove my Ecopia 422s in snow for the first time
by badtlc
Today at 10:59 AM
Chromecast better on phone than on laptop.
by mrsilv04
Today at 10:45 AM
World wide oil recommendations Acura 3.7L engine
by MajorCavalry
Today at 10:40 AM
M1 0w30 AFE in Volvo 2.4t?
by dlundblad
Today at 10:26 AM
A Montana man who set trap convicted of homicide.
by datech
Today at 10:00 AM
Cuba topic got nuked without trace huh?
by Vikas
Today at 09:33 AM
M1 TDT Absolutely Stopped My 5.3L Cold Clacking.
by Turk
Today at 09:29 AM
20% off ACDelco belts, hoses, misc parts at Amazon
by Bottom_Feeder
Today at 08:54 AM
Oil Life Monitor on 2014 Chevy Impala
by Oli20
Today at 08:42 AM
'14 Subaru WRX | PU 5W30 | 7,500mi change
by Julch
Today at 08:37 AM
Newest Members
hellermedia, TimothyJ, Cuore_Sportivo, mikael325, mag44
52210 Registered Users
Who's Online
93 registered (2012AccentSE, aa1986, 95busa, 1bioguy, 2010_FX4, 9 invisible), 1441 Guests and 187 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52210 Members
66 Forums
223600 Topics
3545302 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: U.S. Army wants a new gun by Robenstein @ 5 seconds ago

I have an article from the American Rifleman from 1953 at the end of the Korean War that basically said the same thing about the 1911 and the M2 carbine. No weapon is ever perfect and hence soldiers are going to complain about them. I think there was
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Life Monitor on 2014 Chevy Impala by mattwithcats @ 4 minutes 10 seconds ago

I always change break in oil before 1000 miles, usually 250-500.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Chromecast better on phone than on laptop. by razel @ 4 minutes 45 seconds ago

There are different ways ChromeCast works. The best is that you instruct it what you want to show and it downloads and streams all by itself. The other is streaming content off your device/PC to ChromeCast. Chances are you phone is instructing whi
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Chevy Impala: GM Oil, or Dino Substitute? by FutureDoc @ 7 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8Then it is interesting to note that in Wal Mart the Dexos Certified M1 is exactly the same sale price as "ordinary" synthetics. The last I looked, all the majors (castrol, QS, pennzoil, M1 etc) all had that
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: USA made wrench set by Silverado12 @ 12 minutes 21 seconds ago

Ebay is your friend
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Fram Ultra XG16 8K by ltslimjim @ 13 minutes 7 seconds ago

Shorter intervals on a High Mileage or cocktail blend with anything; yes even full synthetics, is going to potentially get more out. Remember, this isn't a matter of "for the oil's sake", but rather for the engine's sake. While it is debat
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Rolling Coal!! by SteveSRT8 @ 13 minutes 18 seconds ago

We've had many here regale us with stories of removing emissions hardware and how great that it. Frankly, if everyone did it it might not be so cool to rebel, but where would we be. Personal responsibility is a forgotten concept...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hot water heater install cost? by Smcatub @ 13 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JTKOriginally Posted By: Smcatub A plumber needs a permit for about anything aside from snaking a drain or changing a wax ring here where I am. They're generally under $40, though. Kinda depends on the specific municipality.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Autozone Synthetic Clearance by Thebuckaman @ 16 minutes 6 seconds ago

I couldn't resist. Went back today and bought them out with 5 mobil 1 0w30 jugs, 11 qts of mobil 1 EP 0w20, 3 more quarts of mobil super syn 5w20, and two jugs of castrol edge 10w30. I am stocked! Thanks again! Teller was just sitting there wit
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Dodge Challenger/Charger owners w/Police wheels by SteveSRT8 @ 16 minutes 57 seconds ago

110 ft lbs for my factory alloys. Just use 100. That is at least very close to the correct number...
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: '14 Subaru WRX | PU 5W30 | 7,500mi change by Julch @ 17 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ltslimjimCLARITY: Was this OCI 4,500 miles or 7,500 miles? *The miles on unit say 7,500 total. Or should it be at 10.5k already? This particular OCI was 4,500 (7,500 total on the car - did the first change at 3,000 as Subaru r
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Build a mini-audio amp with your kids for Xmas by sleddriver @ 21 minutes 3 seconds ago

Ran across this video while searching for something else. This is a great project for a parent and their child to build together! Very simple, straightforward and inexpensive. If you want to build a stereo amp, you'll need to buy two of everything. R
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hostages being held in Sydney by demarpaint @ 21 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: cjcride This is the cure. Will they do it? Probably nothing.
Jump to new posts Re: 93 Volvo 240 | Mobil 15w40 | 5057 OCI by daman @ 21 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Bandito440Originally Posted By: damanThose additives don't look right either for a HD 15w40. Good point. I hadn't noticed the zinc and phosphorous numbers. This looks like they tested 30-weight PCMO. Ya
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Dodge Challenger/Charger owners w/Police wheels by 95busa @ 22 minutes 5 seconds ago

general rule of thumb for steel wheels is 95ftlbs
Jump to new posts Re: Bought a used truck. Oil recommendation :) by FutureDoc @ 23 minutes 1 second ago

My E350 cutaway "bus" with the 5.4l gets the 5w20 Syn every 5K with the oil change special. No issues (think odd from the UOA from the shop). That is 5-35mph for 10 hours a day stop-and-go every hundred yards or so with the bus-body and pas
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Drove my Ecopia 422s in snow for the first time by EdwardC @ 23 minutes 1 second ago

I put on the Dueler H/L Ecopia 422 on my Element this year. My old Toyo Open Country HT (still has 9-10/32nds on it) were slipping and sliding all over in any kind of rain, not to mention cold weather. I only had the new tires on for a couple thousa
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: A Montana man who set trap convicted of homicide. by javacontour @ 24 minutes 13 seconds ago

Should have just locked the crook inside the garage. Police have bait cars. Why not a bait garage, minus the killing of course.
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 Tacoma 3.4L 5VZFE | M1 5W40 TDT |9,764 Miles by ltslimjim @ 26 minutes 27 seconds ago

This UOA doesn't appear much better than the PU at all, IMO. You changed the oil in 4 months less time with nearly the same mileage, plus you notably state that you short trip it only 1.5 miles to work during the PU run. This means the TDT fill got t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hostages being held in Sydney by javacontour @ 27 minutes 3 seconds ago

Change is often slow and bloody. We had a civil war over the issue of slavery and states rights. It took Americans, dedicated to change to bring about that change. It will take people in those nations, standing up to the radicals. Individuals a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Got glasses, less headaches by Toy4x4 @ 27 minutes 27 seconds ago

Funny, I just got back from my first eye exam in ~35 years. 20/30L & 20/70R. I get headaches every once and a while and do attribute it to my eyes sometimes. I'm planning on getting glasses for driving, but after a year, the doc said I could TH
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by GSCJR @ 27 minutes 56 seconds ago

2004 Mazda Tribute 3.0L Out: Unknown oil and Luberfiner filter. In: SuperTech 5w-20 and Bosch premium filter.
Jump to new posts Re: Other Uses for Motor Oil by HosteenJorje @ 28 minutes 22 seconds ago

A lot of growers in my area use waste oil in their shops to heat with.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hot water heater install cost? by JTK @ 29 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: jcwitReplaced our water heater last year with a 40 gal. gas heater. Total cost was $750 bucks and yes there was some plumbing needed. I know this for a fact as I helped the plumber as I know him personally and count him as a f
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Zeibart RustProofing by jrmason @ 31 minutes 29 seconds ago

I considered zeibart when we bought the wife's Mountaineer new. They offer warranties on new vehicles and will pay 100% of the bill for the replacement of any panels that may rust, the stipulation is you have to take it in annually so they can touch
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 ... 42 43 >