by BTLew81
10/24/14 12:20 AM
$9.99 oil change special +mod+plan
by Pokermatters
10/23/14 11:26 PM
Royal Purple Duralec
by Rendezvous
10/23/14 11:26 PM
Have CQ50-110US restore discs laying around?
by daves66nova
10/23/14 10:49 PM
$20k dollar crew cab 4X4
by donnyj08
10/23/14 10:47 PM
If all oil is too thick when cold...
by SnowDrifter
10/23/14 10:46 PM
The Greatness of Simplicity
by Lolvoguy
10/23/14 10:43 PM
How deep of a puncture can a tire take?
by sxg6
10/23/14 10:22 PM
excessive yawning while reading book out loud..
by daves66nova
10/23/14 10:21 PM
Neverwet Paint Rust-OleumŽ NeverWet Liquid Repelli
by handyman
10/23/14 10:13 PM
Recommend a good 3.5 to 2.5 inch HDD bay adapter
by ClutchDisc
10/23/14 10:03 PM
Newest Members
Dumy, SethTanner, mrfitz, 69P, newbull87
51678 Registered Users
Who's Online
55 registered (3800Series, Apollo14, ARB1977, 01_celica_gt, 69P, 5 invisible), 763 Guests and 219 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51678 Members
64 Forums
221133 Topics
3495939 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola Information by Trav @ 2 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Apollo14Originally Posted By: ShannowMy wife brought up a facebook quote that I thought pertinent... You are more likely to have been married to Kim Kardashian than have died of Ebola if you are a US citizen...seeing as she see
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: "every man should know how to drive a stick" by rjundi @ 4 minutes 23 seconds ago

I learned on an international Scout at age 10 in my grandparents field. I think the transmission was non-sync as it took some skill to switch the gears just right. Then we I got to drive Honda manuals which were quite excellent and comparatively li
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: The new Ram by SteveSRT8 @ 5 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Miller88 SteveSRT8 - can you provide a picture of the rear tracbar setup? I'll post more photos this weekend...
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parking brake shoes by Trav @ 6 minutes 42 seconds ago

Some people ignore chimes all the time, seatbelt chimes are often ignored as just another nuisance. I cant think of any normal use reason for them to wear out, many cars are quite old and still have the originals in good shape.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: The new Ram by SteveSRT8 @ 7 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: millerbl00Buying a $50k truck with a unproven 8 speed trans among other things without seeing if it gonna hold up does not seem smart to me. I have "smarten up" a bit. I learned from my mistakes and don't trust big aut
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: $20k dollar crew cab 4X4 by eljefino @ 10 minutes 33 seconds ago

How soon do you need to buy? I bet you could buy new and only finance a few grand and pay it off in a year. Maybe in the spring.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: "every man should know how to drive a stick" by SteveSRT8 @ 14 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheelsA real man decides for himself what is important and doesn't give a rat's patootie what some blogger says he should do. This is where I'm at. No offense intended, but why should anyone care? I grew up shifting my
Jump to new posts Re: Decent battery charger? by RF Overlord @ 14 minutes 53 seconds ago

While not exactly inexpensive, this is the one I've been using on my "summer" car, that basically sits from Thanksgiving until April.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Harley Davidson - Formula + by rccsofla @ 15 minutes 4 seconds ago

I've pretty much tried the all too over the past 40+ years.Ended up staying with the Formula plus in tranny and primary.No complaints.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: What are your favorite detailing products? by demarpaint @ 15 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: The Critic Apply one layer of the proper product and re-do as needed. That is really the best course of action. It is difficult to fully verify the compatibility of "toppers." Thanks- That's what I've been doing but
Jump to new posts Re: Parking brake shoes by ARB1977 @ 18 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TeggerOriginally Posted By: TravIt needs new shoes. WE have a year-old RAV4 that has the drum-in-hat parking brake. This is the first car I've ever owned with that type of parking brake, so this thread is significant to me. Ple
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: $9.99 oil change special +mod+plan by bigt61 @ 20 minutes 39 seconds ago

I'd just use the yellow filter for 10,000 miles - as much oil as you're adding, that should be an easy OCI.
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone see Pennzoil Semi Synthetic 5W20 by rccsofla @ 20 minutes 52 seconds ago

I would like to find it also.Haven't seen it anywhere.
Jump to new posts Re: 1969 Pontiac by SteveSRT8 @ 23 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisIf a 30 grade gives you enough oil pressure at hot idle and hot load, then overly thick oils do nothing but increase bypass events. This is the answer. OP needs oil temperature and oil pressure together to make a r
Jump to new posts Re: What oil for a 2005 Explorer 4.6L? by rccsofla @ 23 minutes 47 seconds ago

Motorcraft semi synthetic 5w-20.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO 0W-20, 9,950 mi on oil, 2012 Elantra GLS,127K by demarpaint @ 25 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: badtlcI think it is a matter of semantics. I think the dealer just doesn't realize that TGMO is a specific oil labeled as such. I think the dealer just feels that whatever is in the Toyota drums is toyota genuine motor oil sin
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 silverado oil issue by bigt61 @ 25 minutes 51 seconds ago

Did you check to make sure it was actually full when you left the dealership at 4000 miles? My buddy, who is a master tech at a local Chevy dealer, tells me they have had zero oil consumption issues with the new trucks using 0W-20. The problem they
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: DG AquaWax or Meg's Ult. Quick Wax -Durability? by buck91 @ 27 minutes 58 seconds ago

I like it. Use it on my truck after washing, but that usually has a good wax/sealant base also. On the beater car itll last a couple weeks- lasts longer than m06 cleaner wax imo.
Jump to new posts Re: Parking brake shoes by ARB1977 @ 29 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TravIt needs new shoes. Make sure the drum part of the rotors are not all scored up. You have the FSM so your all set, it isn't difficult. When you adjust them do it with the calipers pads retracted and just until the shoes scr
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Full Synthetic DEXRON VI/MERCON LV by buck91 @ 30 minutes 29 seconds ago

MC LV is about $6/qt from dealers here...
Jump to new posts Re: If all oil is too thick when cold... by Kestas @ 31 minutes 5 seconds ago

As I understand it, vaporization starts to become a significant factor for 0W oils. That's why most of these oils are synthetic. Also, going from 10W to 5W "buys" you about 16 degrees F to get the same viscosity. I'm not sure how much mo
Jump to new posts Re: Need oil for car with oil control ring issues by buck91 @ 34 minutes 24 seconds ago

Not to threadjack but we have an Oldsmobile with the "shortstar" 3.5L v6 with ring coking oil burning issues. Not sure the basic cause but seems to be well known. Car sees a lot of short trips but its older and approaching the "beate
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 silverado oil issue by demarpaint @ 35 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Jschreffler81Hello everyone. This is my first post. I found this website looking for advise on my new 2014 silverado I purchased in August. My truck has the 5.3 engine and my issue is excessive oil consumption. My truck calls fo
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: TGMO 0W-20, 9,950 mi on oil, 2012 Elantra GLS,127K by schuylkill @ 42 minutes 23 seconds ago

Sorry about the image removal, wanted to remove my address. As for the oil it's clear this is not the oil my guy thought it was. I'm getting a case of TGMO 0W-20 today and will change oil at 5k. With this viscosity result, is this maybe a blen
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 silverado oil issue by SteveSRT8 @ 52 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL That doesn't say anything about it causing damage though or narrow oil passages. Ford has similar statements about running 5w-20 in the Modular and then spec'd 5w-50 for the Track Pack version of the same engine, LOL.
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 ... 40 41 >