Recent Topics
Made it 30 days smoke free
by Marco620
07/31/15 02:08 AM
Anyone w/experience refinishing AT steel plates?
by Oro_O
07/31/15 01:58 AM
When it feels like too long......
by daves87rs
07/31/15 01:44 AM
New Honda Accord Hybrid
by JHZR2
07/30/15 10:58 PM
thinner grease for wheel bearings a hypothetical
by hansj3
07/30/15 10:10 PM
Fram TG3506 cut open 5500 miles
by jmb3675
07/30/15 09:54 PM
Why do T6 gallons not have batch/date markings?
by mrsilv04
07/30/15 09:48 PM
Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W-20 Motor Oil- Feel Me!
by AirgunSavant
07/30/15 09:47 PM
Valvoline Hat Rebate 2015 and More
by anl0109
07/30/15 09:26 PM
Cyclone Oil Separator
by Snoman002
07/30/15 09:22 PM
OBD II bluetooth/android
by Taildragger
07/30/15 09:00 PM
How Hobbyists Should Buy Auto Parts -Future Sticky
by macarose
07/30/15 08:12 PM
Newest Members
ryanm8, csammons, TOYJOETA, be3, Earl_Von_Syntec
54893 Registered Users
Who's Online
27 registered (Acelarsen, 901Memphis, bbhero, asiancivicmaniac, Blasar, 3 invisible), 556 Guests and 114 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54893 Members
66 Forums
235152 Topics
3783020 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone w/experience refinishing AT steel plates? by Oro_O @ 3 minutes 19 seconds ago

It's a 4L30E, so not as easy to go grab a specific steel pack. I appreciate the idea. I have (effectively) a machine shop at my disposal so refurbing is faster and cheaper than replacing. PS, though far away now, I'm from northern Kentucky. I grew
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: thinner grease for wheel bearings a hypothetical by Shannow @ 4 minutes 13 seconds ago

Oil lubrication IMO is better than grease any day...provided that you can seal it...hub seals are rotating, whereas oil filled bearing seals are usually stationary. Comments about bearings skidding are valid, if they are too lightly loaded, or the o
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: How Thin Can it go ? by turtlevette @ 5 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Triton_330I'd say: Filling your sump with only MMO would be as thin as you could get. Surely you wouldn't want to do this. ~ Triton I don't know wd40 might be thinner. Add some zddp though.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Made it 30 days smoke free by Oro_O @ 8 minutes 37 seconds ago

Good for you. I have some tips and thoughts. First, reaching out on the internet is a good thing. But I hope you are also mobilizing people around you to support you. The people in your life day to day need to be your first line of defense. I sm
Jump to new posts Re: How Thin Can it go ? by Triton_330 @ 13 minutes 35 seconds ago

I'd say: Filling your sump with only MMO would be as thin as you could get. Surely you wouldn't want to do this. ~ Triton
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone w/experience refinishing AT steel plates? by 901Memphis @ 15 minutes 26 seconds ago

I don't have experience with that but what is the transmission model. You can get some pretty nice 4T65e stuff here. http://tripleedgeperformance.com/Frictions_and_Steels.html?no_redirect=true
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: An American Dentist Killed Zimbabwe’s Famous Lion by turtlevette @ 15 minutes 30 seconds ago

Anything can be a pet or if not a pet still really special. Some people have pigs as pets. Didn't you know that? Don't you get premium channels. I've seen some neat shows about a deer coming around to play with a dog. Is it not as intelligen
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: OBD II bluetooth/android by Wolf359 @ 19 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SumpChumpAnyone have on which reads tranmission data? And to push Lady Luck .... Anybody have one they can reccomend that reads Trans temp on a late model Toyota by chance? Usually standard OBDII code scanners just read basic
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: thinner grease for wheel bearings a hypothetical by Oro_O @ 20 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DoubleWaspRoller bearings like to do nasty things to themselves when the little rollers don't have enough friction to keep rotating, if I remember correctly. 1st answer was the best. But I think he was being too tongue-in-chee
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Made it 30 days smoke free by Marco620 @ 21 minutes 1 second ago

Today is day 30 and I dont miss cigarettes. I feel better and have had virtually no side effects. For anyone wanting to quit its possible. Quit drinking beer Wednesday so I'm on my 30 day voyage right now. Anyone got any good stories on quiting I
Jump to new posts Anyone w/experience refinishing AT steel plates? by Oro_O @ 31 minutes 18 seconds ago

Rebuilding one of GM's less than stellar transmissions. But details of that aren't important. I need to refinish some steel plates. I have read various methods but have never done it myself. Most revolve around A) blast to clean, then de-grease and
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Portable air compressor? by mattwithcats @ 32 minutes 46 seconds ago

Slime Spair kit... Bottle of Slime and tire inflator... http://slime.com/223/products/safety-spair-70005/
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by daves87rs @ 35 minutes 20 seconds ago

2004 Cavalier Out: QSUD 5w30/ Delco Cartridge filter In: Synpower 5w30/ Delco Cartridge filter
Jump to new posts When it feels like too long...... by daves87rs @ 45 minutes 1 second ago

Short of the day I tried another oil (and old went back in hours later), I have kept QSUD (and a delco filter) in my 2004 Cavalier. After nearly 28 months, It was replaced by some Synpower and another Delco filter. Keeping the oil in a little longer
Jump to new posts Re: OEM Corolla drive shafts, Toyota vs Saginaw by Oro_O @ 46 minutes 3 seconds ago

I have rebuilt and replaced a fair number of 1/2 axles over the years. The very Last thing I would do is replace an entire 1/2 axle to remove an unknown "highway vibration." So many other more likely causes, including the (vague) prior ac
Jump to new posts Re: Power steering low pressure return line by Oro_O @ 52 minutes 18 seconds ago

Jack the front so the tires are just off the ground or nearly so. Then run it lock to lock many times (~20) Driving it over time will do the same but if you want instant results, unload the system when you do the lock-to-lock turns. This is the &q
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Engine bay photos. by OVERKILL @ 54 minutes 23 seconds ago

The new beast!
Jump to new posts Re: More Red Line Specs by RazorsEdge @ 59 minutes 31 seconds ago

I've used Redline 0w30 in my Ford Explorer,never had any issues. I like their oils FWIW.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Motorcycle coolant change inerval vs autos by Oro_O @ Today at 01:28 AM

+1mrsilv04. The MC (you did not specify m/m/y so no warranty on this) do not play the intense chemistry/proprietary game of auto makers. Largely, it comes down to politics. Car design is more government driven than bike design. E.g., TCO is not
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W-20 Motor Oil- Feel Me! by daves87rs @ Today at 01:26 AM

Why not? Might as well try it....
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Charger SRT-8 by OVERKILL @ Today at 01:25 AM

Me, my MBP, a USB key and https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/ Just updated my NAV and Radio software.
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: G-05 in a 2005 Nissan by Oro_O @ Today at 01:17 AM

There are cheap and available compatible chemistries from Zerex, Pentosin (Pentofrost), or (I think, you can check) Toyota LLC from CarQuest cheap or a fair-priced dealer. Way easier to use the same chemistry and not cause precipitate with the amo
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Do I need to "bed in" Akebono ProAct Pads? by Oro_O @ Today at 01:09 AM

I have a simple bed-in procedure I've used the last few years. Most recently, a few weeks ago w/Akebono ceramics on a Lexus. Great results. This was recommended by a manufacturer when I did a meta-survey of this subject. It sounded the most physi
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Noise Level after oil change. by bvance554 @ Today at 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: KCJeepOP while it may sound different to you just wait, as it really takes 1,000 - 1,500 miles with a new oil in your engine to really get an accurate feel for it IMO. No, this is just the time it takes to forget what you thou
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New Honda Accord Hybrid by bvance554 @ Today at 12:53 AM

Sounds like you made a good trade.
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 ... 50 51 >