by grumpyoldman
09/16/14 04:01 PM
$10 off gas cards at Publix Thurs - Sunday
by LT4 Vette
09/16/14 03:50 PM
Stewart to face Grand Jury
by Hounds
09/16/14 03:45 PM
Why has the forum search range limited to 1 year?
by k1rod
09/16/14 03:42 PM
Newest Members
reetzy, RJasonKlein, dougout, CDot, mazarnelli
51316 Registered Users
Who's Online
107 registered (19jacobob93, 97tbird, actionstan, 04SE, 901Memphis, 10 invisible), 1846 Guests and 254 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51316 Members
64 Forums
219326 Topics
3461065 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: MANN or VW Oil Filter? by knerml @ 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: tommygunnI think Mann *is* the OE filter on this car. If you buy it from the VW dealer, it will probably say Mann on it. Mann and Mahle both supply to VW. Is this true in North America? VW/Audi OEM filters I used to buy for
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 15w-50 by Quattro Pete @ 3 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BMWR1200GSDuring break in BMW recommends using ONLY conventional oil. Is this written in your owner's manual somewhere? The reason I ask is that my 2013 F700GS makes no mention of it, and good luck finding out what oil they
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota 0w 20 in a 2014 Honda DI engine by HKPolice @ 4 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: HKPoliceWhere did you find TGMO MSDS? Go to Google, and type in "TGMO MSDS" Yes, but where is the MSDS that states it's pure Group3?
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: List of Purolator failures by SilverC6 @ 5 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KCJeepOriginally Posted By: SilverC6 Not sure there are any FRAM haters. Oh my word where have you been the last 15 years? FRAM haters? Nothing I've seen comes close to the acerbic, relentless, frenzied push from a coupl
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Price Of Gas.. Really Dropped Today. by daves87rs @ 7 minutes 10 seconds ago

at 3.39 here.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 15w-50 by BMWR1200GS @ 11 minutes 41 seconds ago

2012 BMW R1200GS During break in BMW recommends using ONLY conventional oil. So at 12,000 miles I switched over to Mobil 1 15W 50 full synthetic. The bike runs fine and the oil still looks new in the site glass. I am approaching the 18,000 mile m
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: oil for VW 2.0T FSI by edyvw @ 12 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: devenOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: DeltaSome have reported less cam follower wear using a HDEO, What is it in HDEO that results in less wear? I mean, M1 0w-40 has a stronger add pack than Rotella T6.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: C&D - WRX vs GTI by jigen @ 15 minutes 5 seconds ago

Funny you ask. I was about to write up a little thing about the car. Should be able to get to it in a few hours.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Delo 400 SD 15w30 by RamFan @ 15 minutes 32 seconds ago

They do the same thing with their 400LE product, it isn't a blend (that I'm aware of) or a synthetic however Chevron markets it as a rival to synthetic motor oils. I'm not a fan of that marketing at all.
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 GM 5.3 & 6.2 V8 OCI Cost by fdcg27 @ 15 minutes 51 seconds ago

Still less than fifty bucks to change the oil in the driveway. Hardly enough to bankrupt anyone buying a new truck. With a sump capacity of 8.5 qts, I'd go by the OLM without a doubt, so cost per mile would be pretty low. German car owners have had
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Any Negatives with Shooting Aluminum Cased Ammo? by ZeeOSix @ 16 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 2coolOnly thing I can contribute would be to check to be sure that your range allows it; mine specifically doesn't. Why wouldn't they want people shooting aluminum cases? They afraid a round is going to blow-out the case or b
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts 1984 Honda Civic wagon, original owner by OneEyeJack @ 18 minutes 16 seconds ago

Here's my first UOA after a rebuild. It failed California smog because of visible smoke, the oil control rings wore out. On tear down everything else look good but I put in new parts because I purchased a rebuild kit that included pistons, bearings,
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrading to SSD by 97tbird @ 19 minutes 32 seconds ago

Enable AHCI if it's possible.
Jump to new posts Re: 1. What kind of vehicle you have 2. What your owne by 19jacobob93 @ 20 minutes 8 seconds ago

Welcome fellow Queenslander! Penrite do a product called running in oil, which is a 15w40 dino used for the first fill in new rebuilds After that there are a few good oils around, Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 and Penrite hpr10 10w50, and Mobil 1 5w50 is s
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Honda A01 CUT OPEN by Oregoonian @ 20 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: David1The FRAM ULTRA is a great oil filter but its made for many engines.. Who knows if the bypass is the exact factory spec. Fram wouldn't specify the Ultra for your car if the filter's design spec
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Atlanta Havoline Xpress Lube not changing oil by fdcg27 @ 20 minutes 33 seconds ago

I can understand this. An inexpensive but decent bulk oil will run around two bucks a quart and a white box filter would be around a buck, so you've got twelve dollars in materials alone. You then have the wages paid the tech, which even on fifteen m
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota 0w 20 in a 2014 Honda DI engine by kawzak @ 20 minutes 42 seconds ago

I use Castrol Syntec 5w-30 in my 2010 Tacoma, and 0w-20 in my wifes 2014 CRV. Any advantage using the Toyota oil? I change every 5-6k miles w/premuim filter.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: ATF Cooler Hose Broke by jmb106 @ 25 minutes 29 seconds ago

well it was not the cooler line it was the case w/ a 1 1/2" inch hole in it! Not worth repairing!
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 1999 Lexus ES300, M1 HM 5W-30, 9829 Miles by Oregoonian @ 26 minutes 39 seconds ago

HKPolice....The poster used M-1.....which is a SYNTHETIC....not dino.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Realistic Life Span of Today's Roofing Shingles by 99Saturn @ 29 minutes 7 seconds ago

I had a couple of conversations regarding a metal roof here. Nothing that I was serious enough to ask them to write up a full quote but I was curious (we would be the only metal roof in the neighborhood, and it doesn't really "fit" with th
Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Honda A01 CUT OPEN by ZeeOSix @ 29 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: David1The FRAM ULTRA is a great oil filter but its made for many engines.. Who knows if the bypass is the exact factory spec. Fram wouldn't specify the Ultra for your car if the filter's design specs didn't work for your car.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Atlanta Havoline Xpress Lube not changing oil by beechcraftted @ 29 minutes 36 seconds ago

A good personal friend of mine who operated a fast oil change place outside Milwaukee said that at $32.80 per car, they had to do around 700 cars per month (or around 35 cars per day). Up selling pressure (wipers,air filters, additives, etc.) was hug
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Small Particle MoS2 Settling Time by Rosetta @ 31 minutes 57 seconds ago

Einstein or not, the naysayers, what about this Dart? Krex also saying [censored]? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It_pGoud0eQ So, observe specially at 3:20' to 3:45'. They're saying (not just me anymore), that the brownian moviment keep the partic
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing the right oil for the cold. With a video! by fdcg27 @ 32 minutes 13 seconds ago

IDK. The OM for my old BMW recommends 10W-30 down to down to -30C. We had lows down to the range you quoted last winter and my younger son's old Legacy started just fine on the HM 10W-30 that was in it. Had I anticipated a winter as cold and as long
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Any HVAC Experts? by apwillard1986 @ 33 minutes 53 seconds ago

Thank you. I figured it was not necessary with a package unit. Someone asked for unit info. The current unit is a Carrier 50ss-036. [url=http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1009/public/01/50ss-2pd.pdf][/url] It is being replaced with a comparable uni
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 ... 35 36 >