by Pop_Rivit
08/21/14 09:41 PM
Creaking sound after lower control arm replacement
by WeenieHutJr
08/21/14 09:20 PM
weird disclaimer on water heater anode
by friendly_jacek
08/21/14 08:25 PM
The story behind the 427 SOHC (Ford's Cammer)
by OVERKILL
08/21/14 08:22 PM
best brand ac compressor?
by FLORIDA
08/21/14 08:06 PM
Does SAE grad even matter in a splash lubed engine
by fdcg27
08/21/14 07:54 PM
how screwed am I here....
by Spawne32
08/21/14 07:43 PM
Newest Members
tomlct, geeboss, jerryvang, carguru, Uol
51039 Registered Users
Who's Online
58 registered (bigt61, bluesubie, 2010_FX4, 9 invisible), 1053 Guests and 196 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
51039 Members
64 Forums
218132 Topics
3438556 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil grade for a 1981 Honda Civic by bigt61 @ 28 seconds ago

Might be hardened valve seals - especially if it smokes more pulling away from traffic lights when warm. Give the Rotella a chance for a few thousand miles, fresh oil may help bring the seals back to life in time. After that, I'd recommend MaxLife
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: how screwed am I here.... by IndyIan @ 1 minute 19 seconds ago

I wouldn't trust the bump stops to prevent it again, at some point you'll have a load or hit a dip with a pothole in it at speed and the tire will get up into wheel well again.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Saab 9-5 Linear w/ Bad Turbo by Volvohead @ 2 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ET16The car is very clean and has 45k miles or so. It looks as if I could get the parts I need for between $350 and $500, maybe less. Turbos don't normally go out that early. Unless the seller can give you a rock solid alter
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: New Prestone Coolant? Pics by sayjac @ 2 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: pbmOriginally Posted By: sayjacQuote: ...and what really got my attention was that there is no 2-EH, and states that it uses proprietary inhibitors.... The new jug doesn't show 2eha as the previous jug did but 'imo' that could
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: DRL's are going to kill me. by eljefino @ 5 minutes 7 seconds ago

Per a previous thread, their dashboards are likely lit up as many gauges are backlit 24/7. This usually comes with an electric eye to automatically turn on the headlights, but the adjustment on that seems suspect by your anecdata.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: DRL's are going to kill me. by eagle23 @ 5 minutes 58 seconds ago

In my 07 Accord, the dashboard is lit all the time, whether the DRL's or main lights are on. It's easy to forget.
Test Forum
Jump to new posts Re: testing by chestand @ 6 minutes 14 seconds ago

test again
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hoping you really love winter... by demarpaint @ 10 minutes 23 seconds ago

I'll believe it when I see it. Bring it on.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: The story behind the 427 SOHC (Ford's Cammer) by Eddie @ 10 minutes 41 seconds ago

Great story OVERKILL. Thank you.. Ed Hayes
Jump to new posts Re: Post your rpms at 70mph by chadkiser @ 12 minutes 51 seconds ago

Theoretical since I've never gone that fast in my 1952 Chevy Truck but it'd be 3300RPM. That's with a 3.11 rear end.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Ubuntu 14.04- not enough room for upgrade? by simple_gifts @ 16 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ClutchDiscOriginally Posted By: uc50ic4moreThis is why I don't have /boot as a separate partition; just a 20GB / for the OS and /home for my stuff. Okay, now I understand why I have never had this happen to me.. Thanks! One m
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts DRL's are going to kill me. by BMWTurboDzl @ 16 minutes 49 seconds ago

Living in a big city it seems as if I see more early AM commuters on the roads with just their DRL's lit. Don't these people understand that drivers need to see your rear lamps as well? Are these people so oblivious to their surroundings that they do
Jump to new posts Re: What are effective ways to reduce emissions? by SteveSRT8 @ 17 minutes 44 seconds ago

Modern autos in the last few years practically emit flowers and baby bunnies compared with cars only a decade older. In some nasty urban environments there is real evidence that the exhaust from a new car is cleaner than the original air ingested.
Jump to new posts Re: Is Mobil 1 Extended Performance really worth it? by wemay @ 21 minutes 2 seconds ago

http://www.mobiloil.com/usa-english/motoroil/car_care/which_oil/WhichOilOption2.aspx If the Cruze is d.i., and M1 EP is supposed to take longer to break down, why not use it, hence 'extended performance' being a good choice against deposit or sludge
Jump to new posts Re: Engine is new, consuming oil, which oil is best? by Merkava_4 @ 21 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GM4LIFEGM states in the owner's manual to never use a thicker oil over 5W30. In that case, switch it over to a high mileage 5W-30 that'll be thicker in grade like Castrol GTX HM.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: DI intake valves CAN be cleaned with PEA? by demarpaint @ 22 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8It could easily have been simple higher rpm operation. Obviously, some carmakers have the DI thing figured out a lot better than others. +1
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: PS Fluid for '97 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L ? by R80RS @ 23 minutes 32 seconds ago

We had a '95 with the 4.0 and it was fine with "universal" power steering fluid (not ATF). If you are particular about specifications, look for a PS fluid with one or more of the following Chrysler specs: MS-1872, MS-5931, MS-9602, or MS-1
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hoping you really love winter... by SteveSRT8 @ 26 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsmThe humidity is what kills me here. I work outside in the sun and heat all day,and we've had a heat index of 110 all week,plus 90%+ humidity. 99 here yesterday with very high humidity also. TX doesn't get hot all by
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting article on debt collection by eljefino @ 26 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitOriginally Posted By: dailydriverbut for some on here of a certain ilk (and in this land in general), being in debt, and especially not paying it off in FULL, is WORSE THAN committing cold blooded, brutal, painful murde
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: DI intake valves CAN be cleaned with PEA? by SteveSRT8 @ 29 minutes 47 seconds ago

It could easily have been simple higher rpm operation. Obviously, some carmakers have the DI thing figured out a lot better than others.
Jump to new posts Re: PS Fluid for '97 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L ? by toneydoc @ 29 minutes 51 seconds ago

Go by your parts store and buy a good name brand and it will be fine
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Saab 9-5 Linear w/ Bad Turbo by sciphi @ 29 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis I have to ask myself though...Why did the turbo fail @ 45k? Likely a lack of oil changes. Those will do quite a number of bad things to a turbo.
Jump to new posts Re: PS Fluid for '97 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L ? by wsar10 @ 30 minutes 31 seconds ago

IIRC the fluid spec is MS5931, I always used Valvoline i'm thinking it was the cheapest with a reputable name that met the spec. You should head over to jeepforum.com become a member and check out the XJ section. You can use me a reference !!!! same
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: how screwed am I here.... by eljefino @ 31 minutes 50 seconds ago

CapriRacer has spoken! My own take, I'd run it, and keep an eye on it, of course. Tires scrape curbs, they account for that a little in design. The curb bumper is down by the rim flange though, and you don't have much of one there. When there, it
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hacking Traffic Lights by eljefino @ 38 minutes 34 seconds ago

The problem is of ownership-- a contractor installs traffic lights then hands the (virtual) keys over to the state DOT, but the city is responsible for programming it, but they don't have a guy to do it, etc. The light-up message sign trailers are p
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 ... 41 42 >