Gumout Q&A

click here to participate in the Gumout Q&A

Recent Topics
Anyone Use 5w30 Super Tech ?
by crazyoildude
38 minutes 2 seconds ago
Slick 50 Supercharged Engine Treatment ?
by lawnguy
Today at 09:20 PM
Used an OCOD yesterday
by donnyj08
Today at 08:23 PM
Havoline oils Mills Fleet Farm - April 17-25
by BrewCityR
Today at 08:12 PM
Aisin ATF WS?
by NeilC
Today at 07:58 PM
Lubrication Engineering
by Da Game
Today at 07:33 PM
New Amsoil atv oil
by kawie_guy
Today at 06:37 PM
AC woes on Ficus AGAIN....
by ram_man
Today at 06:18 PM
Pressure washer pump oil
by bubbatime
Today at 06:15 PM
Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage
by OSUFan86
Today at 06:08 PM
Gear Oil or Motor Oil Sportster questions.....
by Bushshaker
Today at 05:49 PM
WARNING STAY CLEAR OF SEARS
by SnowDrifter
Today at 05:19 PM
Newest Members
csaig929, albertdi, MIRA5, JJMc, robrizok
53624 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (72te27, 97tbird, 3800Series, 57ChevyLS, 2cool, 6 invisible), 1554 Guests and 179 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53624 Members
66 Forums
229909 Topics
3678598 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Dealerships are terrible by HM12460 @ 2 minutes 15 seconds ago

I generally don't concern myself with a salesman's line of garbage. I already know what I want, have researched it, and am aware of current market value. Tell 'em what you're willing to pay and do the deal or leave.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: P-47 by Mystic @ 2 minutes 37 seconds ago

The Japanese never really improved the Zero that much and they were unable to produce enough Zero fighter planes for their needs. But few people know that the Japanese actually had other fighter planes. They had a twin engine fighter plane and they h
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AC woes on Ficus AGAIN.... by Rand @ 2 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ram_manI realize the condenser isn't what's freezing but the condenser getting a lack of air flow could cause it maybe idk. lack of airflow would have the opposite effect. Sounds like its warranty time again. AC systems free
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Use 5w30 Super Tech ? by camrydriver111 @ 4 minutes 23 seconds ago

I heard any oil is fine as long as you don't go over 5k. At that point your Toyota VVT will fail.
Jump to new posts Re: Fuel trap door missing... by abycat @ 5 minutes 36 seconds ago

I always remove the plastic piece that is below the filter. It takes more time but makes it way easier.
Jump to new posts Re: WARNING STAY CLEAR OF SEARS by daves87rs @ 6 minutes 24 seconds ago

Still laughing at the fact that sear's cheapest tire in my size was chinese junk at nearly 450 out the door.. While the 5w30 won't hurt anything for the most part, explains how bad sears has got....
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Use 5w30 Super Tech ? by Joe_Power @ 7 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: NickdfreshYou've been here for 7 years and are seriously posting this thread? Because I'm pretty sure no one has ever used it... lol. I was thinking the same thing!!
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Torque wrenches for rest of us by Trav @ 7 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: cptbarkeyis this just a harbor freight hit job? They would never do that, of course its a good as Snap-on. Its on the same page as the rickety garden green house. LOL
Jump to new posts Re: Denso O2 sensor made in Indonesia? by camrydriver111 @ 10 minutes 9 seconds ago

Clearly the sensor is a generic copy. This is why you don't buy car parts from fleabay unless you want knock-offs. There is a lot of counterfeit goods on eBay as well.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Many baby boomers have little saved for retirement by Vikas @ 10 minutes 33 seconds ago

I said taxable account aka outside 401k or IRA.
Jump to new posts Re: Thinner oils and higher wear by Pontual @ 11 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Doug HillaryHi, Originally Posted By: Pontual Some Centrifuge filters are considered too harsh on heavier weight additive package, like AW and VII, and silicon antifoamers, sending some out of mix, by separation. That's a quick
Jump to new posts Re: Negative LTFT??? by Vikas @ 12 minutes 21 seconds ago

If you leave this connected, then watch for timing advance. I could correlate car's perceived peppiness on a day with observing high values of the timing advance. I had UltraGauge hooked up at that time to my daily driving car.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Used an OCOD yesterday by gregk24 @ 14 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PoohbahYour truck will never be the same. Don't be surprised if you drop your tranny and both headlights burn out. And that's just the beginning. Thanks for the laugh!!
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Sold my bike... by 02SE @ 15 minutes 49 seconds ago

My point is also in the context of the thread. If you are going to do something (anything) that is more dangerous than sitting in a well-padded room, it is in your and your families best interest, to be as good at whatever that activity is, as possib
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Used an OCOD yesterday by donnyj08 @ 16 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: PoohbahYour truck will never be the same. Don't be surprised if you drop your tranny and both headlights burn out. And that's just the beginning.
Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Slick 50 Supercharged Engine Treatment ? by 3800Series @ 16 minutes 41 seconds ago

If your going to buy it I recommend checking O'Reilly's website remember seeing it under clearance additives. I think it was less then $7 then (a few weeks back).
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Accidentally mixed grease. How much time do I have by philipp10 @ 18 minutes 9 seconds ago

I'd be so concerned that I would pencil in my calendar for a 2035 wheel bearing change-out.
Jump to new posts Re: pyb 5W20 or tgmo by camrydriver111 @ 20 minutes 49 seconds ago

I would use synthetic at 10k intervals especially for short trips. Synthetic has vastly superior cold flow properties. Toyota has conservative OCIs. Don't worry about it. You're over-thinking it.
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Curious on VOA/UOA on CHEVRON DELO 400 LE 5W30 by sdude2k2000 @ 23 minutes 4 seconds ago

It's going to be lower in most additive levels than the Delo 5w40. Per the PDS the phosphorus level will be around 700ppm and the zinc around 820ppm. It honestly looks more like a Euro diesel oil than an American one... but that's not necessarily a
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Use 5w30 Super Tech ? by Nickdfresh @ 26 minutes 28 seconds ago

You've been here for 7 years and are seriously posting this thread? Because I'm pretty sure no one has ever used it...
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Use 5w30 Super Tech ? by NeilR @ 26 minutes 52 seconds ago

I've read that SuperTech synthetic is more than OK for most things. Not sure if you're talking about it or conventional though.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Loaner vehicle mishap by opus1 @ 28 minutes 23 seconds ago

3/4 of my fleet is manual and I've done the same once or twice after not driving the Sonata for a while. Fortunately, it's been at lower speeds, but I've still locked up the brakes by catching the pedal with enough force to release the clutch that I
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Aisin ATF WS? by NeilR @ 31 minutes 9 seconds ago

Eric the Car Guy of Youtube fame used Maxlife ATF in a 4Runner of the same vintage as yours (they all have the same A340f trans afaik), with good results. He still works on the same truck regularly and hasn't mentioned any problems related to the t
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for Kubota G2000 by 2cool @ 33 minutes 19 seconds ago

With such a small sump, why not DELO 400 5W-40 synthetic? Or, Rotella T5 in 10W-30.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Choice: Buick Encore vs. Nissan Rogue by Spazdog @ 33 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bourneIn that class CX-5 or Honda CR-V take the honors for best options. Subaru Forester is other good option. You beat me to it Best choices. She might want to at least look at the Ford Escape too.
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 ... 47 48 >