08/31/15 07:05 PM
KC-135 turns 59
by tom slick
08/31/15 06:59 PM
Newest Members
KJSmith, OnslaughtNZ, Zycat, BlueFordRedSchwi, Mario7
55217 Registered Users
Who's Online
21 registered (bbhero, car51, dharmachile, bobbydavro, 01_celica_gt, 2 invisible), 505 Guests and 131 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
55217 Members
66 Forums
236751 Topics
3815165 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator PSL-12222, 10.5k CUT OPEN by car51 @ 9 minutes 23 seconds ago

Slacktide_Bitog: replaced with some Havoline Conventional, and a WIX filter. Told him to come back at 5k or 6 months or so.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Can Renewable Energy meet baseload power by hansj3 @ 13 minutes 37 seconds ago

The only way solar will work towards base load is if people go to the solar-heat-elecricity route. The solar salt towers can continue to produce power after dark. And none of the costly solar panels, just reflectors Another tech that has finally bee
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: VIIs & differences in 5w20, 5w30 & 10w30 oils by Shannow @ 32 minutes 23 seconds ago

If anyone has a copy of the 1911 J300 I want a copy for my collection.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: No more coal fired power for us. by Shannow @ 37 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Donald Recent articles have concluded that coal is not being killed off by the gov. or environmentalists but simply by the marketplace. This market place ??? http://www.marketforces.org.au/#
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota 2AZ-FE oil burn by Joe90_guy @ 38 minutes 23 seconds ago

This is an old thread but I'll say my two pennethworth regardless... If you have one if these engines and it's consuming gargantuan amounts if oil, consider putting 20W50 in it (assuming you can find it in the US). These oils have very low volatilit
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Internet TV options by RazorsEdge @ 40 minutes 44 seconds ago

What we are using now: Chromecast Netflix Hulu We will never go back to cable TV = waste of money $$$$$$
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Can Renewable Energy meet baseload power by Garak @ 49 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KuatoOne example: No matter how good the idea were to work out, and I'm not convinced it would, that part of the world is a disaster. Having no access to electricity is the same as having no access to the oil. The prejudice an
Jump to new posts Re: Where do I purchase Kendall 0w20? by tenderloin @ 52 minutes 29 seconds ago

PSC wants $30.40 to ship a case to Ca....$76.42 though PSC website $63.01 total through Amazon BTW 99 Cent store has various weights of Kendall Syn for $2.99 qt. Not sure they carry 0W-20
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator is still listening- Engineering report by Garak @ 55 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix^^^ Simulating field use conditions in the lab could probably detect a problem like this also. I should hope so, though grabbing some field examples can't hurt, even though they obviously don't have the data chain from st
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4If you think 10W-30 is too thick in Arizona, pour some of that oil in a clear glass jar and take it outside. Shake the jar around a little bit. Does the oil slosh around freely? If the answer is yes, then that is the co
Jump to new posts Re: VIIs & differences in 5w20, 5w30 & 10w30 oils by Joe90_guy @ Today at 01:53 AM

You're right of course. Think the brain has started to atrophy since leaving work. In my (admittedly pathetic) defence, there WAS a time when the difference between CCS and MRV was 10C. The SAE in their infinite wisdom restricted the CCS limits (aro
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Re: Cams and Lubrication by Shannow @ Today at 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: ExMachinaOriginally Posted By: SteveSRT8I'm still waiting for Turtle boy to come along and correct you guys... Why wait for him when you can present your ridiculous views? would that be the "more like penetrating oil&quo
Jump to new posts Re: Serious oil burn and bad smell problem :( by Dogan @ Today at 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: expatDoes it show blue smoke more under acceleration or when you back off on the throttle? Is it worse sometimes more than others? first start and reverse move, make little blue mist around backside of car. hard acceleratio
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by 02SE @ Today at 01:44 AM

Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Your favorite non-OEM halogen headlight bulb? by 901Memphis @ Today at 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: BlueFordRedSchwiI recently purchased the NAPA Safetylite H11 low beams to replace my 9 year old OEM Phillips bulbs (one burned out finally). Wow, what a waste of money. I feel these are worse than the 9 year old OEM bulbs. They
Test Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Registered users by MrQuackers @ Today at 01:26 AM

Presently: 55217
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota 2AZ-FE oil burn by si_jeff @ Today at 01:20 AM

Just bumping this thread when I searched. I maintain a 2008 scion XB that my sister drives. 2azfe eninge, It now has 120k miles, its been consuming oil, brought it to toyota for their tsb goodwill posted on most toyota forums, but this engine burns a
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Is this whats wrong with BMW? by camrydriver111 @ Today at 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: MCompactNone of my current BMWs have a warranty; I'm not terribly worried as they aren't anywhere near as complex as the Fxx cars. That said, what has turned me off BMW(after32 years of continuous ownership) is the shameless pan
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lug Nut TORQUE WEIRDNESS ! (kinda) by Scott_Tucker @ Today at 12:53 AM

Torque them once roughly to the factory spec and don't worry about it again. They're not going to break and they will probably outlast the engine as long as you use a little lube and don't cross-thread them. Then again, this is BITOG. Did you conf
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator is still listening- Engineering report by DoubleWasp @ Today at 12:53 AM

I see nothing to change my opinion that this is a company that sold a bad product at a premium price, and has been sluggish and incompetent at correcting these issues. When all is said and done, assuming they do anything, am I supposed to love this
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Shell V-power nitro plus by OVERKILL @ Today at 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: jk_636Wow that sucks. Why is fuel so expensive in Canada? No refineries in your country? Everything has to be imported or what? Taxes.
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Your favorite non-OEM halogen headlight bulb? by 901Memphis @ Today at 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: BlueFordRedSchwiI recently purchased the NAPA Safetylite H11 low beams to replace my 9 year old OEM Phillips bulbs (one burned out finally). Wow, what a waste of money. I feel these are worse than the 9 year old OEM bulbs. They
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator PSL-12222, 10.5k CUT OPEN by DoubleWasp @ Today at 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Bottom_FeederOriginally Posted By: DoubleWaspSurvived, but really ugly for a syn filter with only 10k miles. Would have thought PSL would hold up better. Please explain what you're seeing because I'm not seeing it. Originally
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Wheel covers for Suburban by ryanschillinger @ Today at 12:29 AM

I've seen people cut out plywood for covering tires. Like an upside down "U" shape. Don't know what keeps them in place.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Going to Detroit this weekend by Wolf359 @ Today at 12:29 AM

How about that TV show, Hardcore Pawn, I think it's American Jewelry and loan. Maybe you'll see some crazy person thrown out of the store or if you act crazy, you can also be thrown out of the store.
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 ... 37 38 >