02/07/16 11:02 PM
Schaeffer 711 10w30 Detroit 60 12.7
by TiredTrucker
02/07/16 09:17 PM
Newest Members
slewman, lithium1189, Monktana, djh3, Compignite
56850 Registered Users
Who's Online
94 registered (2oldtommy, adelody, 2015_PSD, Astro14, 87sammy, 01_celica_gt, 7 invisible), 1804 Guests and 200 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
56850 Members
66 Forums
244408 Topics
3979901 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
So those lugs didn't have some sort of paste like anti-sieze applied to them before? Seems like an awful lot of buildup. I've been applying anti-sieze to the lugs on our all of our vehicles. There was a paper someone once referenced on here regardin
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Great pics, thanks for sharing! The crud on the combustion chamber side of the valves in the second pic is incredible! That had to have made your effective compression ratio a bit higher, plus added lots of hot spots. What brand and AKI gas did you u
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Hot Sauce by Eddie @ 2 minutes 20 seconds ago

Thanks to all. I will finds some of Franks Extra. Ed
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: STOP CALLING ME!!!! by bdcardinal @ 5 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SatinSilverYou must still have an old fashioned land line. Just use a cell phone. We are supposed to have them in earthquake country. The cell towers go out and usually a landline on long distance can get out.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: PP 5w-20 / 12.650 mi on Oil / 277,650 mi on Car by nicrfe1370 @ 5 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 2006_Charger_R/TOriginally Posted By: SpectorCopper is definitely trending up over the last year Yeah, I noticed the Cu was up. I have a UAO for every oil change since the car was new... I plan on graphing the Cu. me -->
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: STOP CALLING ME!!!! by DrRoughneck @ 6 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SatinSilverYou must still have an old fashioned land line. Just use a cell phone. Next time answer "I'd love to hear about your cause but first let me tell you about scientology". They won't call back.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil/filter recommendation for short trips by Chewie @ 7 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DrRoughneckA few years ago I read Fram were at the bottom of the barrel but I realize things change over time. I'll have to look into the TG. Is it as good as the PureOne? Yep seems like Fram TG and Ultras are the most popular
Jump to new posts Oil suggestion for 2013 Honda CR-V by Mar57 @ 8 minutes 34 seconds ago

Looking for suggestion(s) for oil for a 2013 Honda CR-V 4 cyl. engine. OM calls for a 0-20 weight oil. We recently purchased this car from a Honda dealer and after the first free oil change I will be changing the oil myself. The dealer recommends, an
Jump to new posts Re: Disappointed with Accord after one Salt Exposure by grampi @ 10 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MNgopherOriginally Posted By: grampiWhat's disappointing is that salt is still used on the roads...there are other non-corrosive chemicals they can use...quit destroying our vehicles! Can they be used for the same price (or ev
Jump to new posts Re: Input from Diesel truck owners by Shannow @ 13 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleYou do not NEED a diesel. You CHOOSE to use a diesel. There is a difference. similarly, choosing to use fossil fuels and engines to do the work for you is a CHOICE...size the load and distance to market appropriately
Jump to new posts Re: Ever wonder how the new Camaro is made? by BobsArmory @ 18 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal I guess there is no dress code in the North American factories. From about 2004 to 2008 we did have a dress code, uniforms and all. They would send you home if you came into work not wearing the correct shirt with
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Focus Electric - Wow! - Anybody Else Know? by Cujet @ 19 minutes 43 seconds ago

From the federal govt: "Electric vehicles convert about 59%62% of the electrical energy from the grid to power at the wheels" A Tesla motor/battery seutp:
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: STOP CALLING ME!!!! by SatinSilver @ 26 minutes 9 seconds ago

You must still have an old fashioned land line. Just use a cell phone.
Jump to new posts Re: Need oil suggestion for high mileage 2003 WRX by skyactiv @ 28 minutes 35 seconds ago

I owned an 07' WRX. The owners manual states a thicker oil may be necessary in certain conditions. The old 2L WRX engines do not like 5W30 energy conserving oils period.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: STOP CALLING ME!!!! by bdcardinal @ 28 minutes 49 seconds ago

We should be getting them soon here. I just tell every political call that I was planning on voting for them, but since they called I will be voting for someone else. The responses from the real human callers are great. I also decline to partici
Jump to new posts Re: Ford announces new assembly plant in Mexico. by BobsArmory @ 30 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: philipp10Originally Posted By: BobsArmoryOriginally Posted By: mrsilv04 The consumer will continue to take it in the neck, just like always. Once I pay for all of the increased union demands, and the increased government dema
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: STOP CALLING ME!!!! by gman2304 @ 31 minutes 43 seconds ago

Folks in SC are up next. Tis the season.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: STOP CALLING ME!!!! by skyactiv @ 32 minutes 14 seconds ago

We wouldn't have this issue if we had a dictatorship.
Jump to new posts Re: Ford announces new assembly plant in Mexico. by oemjunk @ 32 minutes 16 seconds ago

I would be fine with it as long as all the vehicles made at that plant only sold in Mexico. Also I think the CEO should be forced to denounce his citizenship and live in Tijuana and drink tainted water for the rest of his life.
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: General Energy Topic: Comparitive Energy Output by MotoTribologist @ 32 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowAs would I with wind and solar having to contribute to grid stability rather than just moving energy without ancillary services...and being distruptive like the flakey nature of wind. Solar in Oz got "greenhouse cre
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Proof Chevy V8's beat blown 4-cylinders - Focus RS by CT8 @ 32 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: cpayne5Who cares. Buy and drive what you like and don't criticize your neighbor when they do the same. Lots of great cars out there these days. +1
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: STOP CALLING ME!!!! by mrsilv04 @ 33 minutes 35 seconds ago

It'll end soon. Maybe... Should I call you tomorrow, as a reminder to go vote?
Jump to new posts Re: Oil/filter recommendation for short trips by DrRoughneck @ 33 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisI wouldn't use 0w20 but you can use 0w30 if you want. I'll recommend a Fram Tough Guard oil filter which has a much higher efficiency that oem although we don't know the exact figures anymore the TG is 99% @20 micro
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts STOP CALLING ME!!!! by NHHEMI @ 37 minutes 1 second ago

I am being driven insane by all the political calls. I swear I get 20+ a day and have for months now. I don't even answer my phone any more. Good lord it needs to end! Figures when the politicians created the do not call registry they made an except
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Security Detail shows up at Malheur by billt460 @ 41 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Joshua_SkinnerI would encourage you to look at the role of poverty in crimes. When people have a hard time meeting their basic needs legally they do it illegally and especially so when crowded into slums. The people in those slu
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 ... 33 34 >