Yesterday at 03:31 PM
Torn between tool brands
by renegade_987
Yesterday at 12:34 PM
Newest Members
Kernel, EdBurns, wolf9832, marine65, Focality
52012 Registered Users
Who's Online
20 registered (FFeng7, 67lemans, 01_celica_gt, Duke, 3 invisible), 458 Guests and 157 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
52012 Members
66 Forums
222692 Topics
3525598 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Torn between tool brands by turbodieselfreak @ 18 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProneSounds like I don't know jack about tools. I just threw out the name "Husky" because I had heard it. Might be one of the super-cheap chain parts store names. Nevermind. I am pleased to read of Snap-On'
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Re: Nissan 510 manuals by OneEyeJack @ 25 minutes 19 seconds ago

I used to buy and sell 510's especially the wagons. I would rebuild the cars, paint them and all that kind of stuff. If you have one or are considering buying one be aware that there is a small coolant hose below the intake manifold. If it fails you
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline NexGen - $1.27 by 67lemans @ 31 minutes 5 seconds ago

1.97 here in Wisconsin
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Torn between tool brands by shDK @ 34 minutes 8 seconds ago

I Don't know how difficult it is to find in the US. But Facom, Hazet and gedore are all much cheaper then snap-on.at least where I live.and just as good. And in my opinion better for some tools. It is however 10 years since I had snap-on.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Torn between tool brands by 02SE @ 37 minutes 50 seconds ago

My own personal tools from back in my consumer vehicle repair days, are almost all Snap-on. With a few odd Craftsman and SK tools. Working in Professional Dragracing, I've used whatever the team supplied. Which has mostly been Snap-on, with Matco an
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Has anyone changed the fluid on a Ford 6R80 tranny by 87sammy @ 42 minutes 26 seconds ago

ever install that dipstick?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Posting oil filter pics by aa1986 @ Today at 02:36 AM

Registered Jan 4 2012 First post May 17 2013: Originally Posted By: drlodge123Me me me! I'd like to meet a creepy guy from the internet for a $5 filter. Second post Nov 27 2014: Originally Posted By: drlodge123Alternatively; you can reframe fr
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Torn between tool brands by MalfunctionProne @ Today at 02:29 AM

Sounds like I don't know jack about tools. I just threw out the name "Husky" because I had heard it. Might be one of the super-cheap chain parts store names. Nevermind. I am pleased to read of Snap-On's quality. Though, I did have to wonde
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Chrysler Town and Country by Olas @ Today at 02:29 AM

87 psi at 1000 rpm in park? Kinda calls the validity of the other readouts into question..
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Leasing vs. Buying. What is your side? by Olas @ Today at 02:24 AM

Leasing or buying, you still have to pay money out. When you buy, you own the car and don't have to pay any more When you lease, there is a constant expense coming out of every wage, and you do t even own the car! It's an expensive way for poor p
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Torn between tool brands by mehullica @ Today at 02:19 AM

Ebay is a great place to buy tools. Snap on sockets & wrenches. Snap on ratchets. Matco swivel impact sockets. IR & aircat air tools. Knipex pliers
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Originally Posted By: raytsengcalculate out the MPG and use fuel consumed. Did you actually do this? MPG tells you nothing about how long it takes to consume those gallons. You need average speed in order to determine how many hours it translate
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Eneos Sustina 5W-30 2013 Subaru WRX by Shark @ Today at 02:02 AM

Do you Subaru guys have any issues with smoke on start up? My brother has a 13WRX and is throwing a puff on start up. He commutes home about 70 miles on the highway at night (rolling 85mph) then the next morning consistently gets a puff of blue smo
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by K23Turbo @ Today at 01:58 AM

14 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Out: Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W30 In: Pennzoil PPP 5W30 Filter: Mitsu OEM
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Leasing vs. Buying. What is your side? by 3800Series @ Today at 01:54 AM

Iv never purchased a new car in my life (not that I don't want one) but for a year or to older with 15k-20k miles the savings are normally a great deal. Ultimately tho I think the buy or lease comes down to the brand. If the cars have lower resale
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Posting oil filter pics by 901Memphis @ Today at 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix^^^ Great 2nd post. His first post was just as bizarre.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 0W-20 on cars calling for a 30 weight oil. by Shark @ Today at 01:54 AM

Generally speaking I bet you would have a hard time finding an engine calling for 5w30 that would have an issue running 0w20. Though I do believe you would increase wear in certain applications. My old 03 Mustang Cobra, Ford spec'd 5w20 instead of
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Nissan 510 manuals by Shannow @ Today at 01:53 AM

Want to know what the allowable oils for a 1969 Datsun 510 are ? http://datsun510.com/manuals/index.html Lots and lots of PDFed manuals, and the opportunity to leave a donation for the effort put in.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Very Tempted but Sailun Tires by CKN @ Today at 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: IndyIanI think they are half decent, my garage actually sells them (and they don't use white box junk parts) and the sailuns aren't even all that cheap. I see a few cars at work with them too. I don't think its actually that ha
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Tar Removal by HTSS_TR @ Today at 01:30 AM

Yeah. Acetone removes tar very well and it is in every women cabinet, no need to buy anything else.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Install Magnefine 1/2" Inline P/S Filter. by asand1 @ Today at 01:28 AM

You definitely want it in the return line and pointing in the direction of the reservoir. The image you edited is correct. As far as the physical location of the hoses in your engine bay, you'll just have to follow the lines and confirm that it goes
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Everest...foreigners getting cool stuff again by 01rangerxl @ Today at 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8First of all, pickups have kept the big 3 in business. They sell, and that's what mfgrs offer, whatever sells. They'd sell their Mom if they could make money off of her! All the big fellas use focus groups made up of
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: The future of CAFE by used_0il @ Today at 01:27 AM

When there is a time factor, the trucks have the advantage depending on the length of the haul. Double-stack container trains are over 12,000 feet long. Potash, coal and sulfur trains weigh 25,000 tons, wheat 18,000 tons. Those are large hauls that
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Torn between tool brands by anndel @ Today at 01:19 AM

20 year old Snap on and Craftsman when they were Made in the USA. I still have em and they work well. The Snap Ons work like the day I got them. I had to buy some sockets and a torque wrench. I bought SK sockets and a CDI torque wrench because th
Automotive General Topics
A friend of mine is a repo agent. Drives a Silverado 3500 with a wheel lift that he can operate from the cab. If a car is parked alongside a wall with the wheels cut to the side and it is small enough, he will slide the wheel lifts further back and
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 ... 27 28 >