05/01/16 10:17 AM
Sticky intake valves
by Ozzmosis
05/01/16 10:11 AM
Newest Members
Doxxy, Jetstreamz06, TalNum, Spinnizle, JustinL
57758 Registered Users
Who's Online
94 registered (3for3, AandPDan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2cool, 2015_PSD, 8 invisible), 2021 Guests and 313 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
57758 Members
66 Forums
248302 Topics
4060192 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
May 1-31 NAPA Canada only: Napa Synthetic 5L $26.99 Pennzoil High Mileage 5L $18.99 Royal Purple 1qt $11.99
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Wix 57035 by AirgunSavant @ 1 minute 46 seconds ago

WIX Filters - 57035 Heavy Duty Spin-On Lube Filter Made In China Amazon says this. Is it true?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Pirelli Cinturato Strada by slacktide_bitog @ 2 minutes 58 seconds ago

Knowing them, it will actually cost more than the regular P7
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: TBN for Oil Change by paulri @ 4 minutes 11 seconds ago

If you poke around or use the search engine, you might find the original post here. What I got below, I found here in some discussion of TBN/acid in oil. Blackstone sent me a reply: We have indeed run samples where the TBN reached 0.0 and...nothin
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission fluid change gone wrong!! Help by stower17 @ 5 minutes 15 seconds ago

I dont know the specifics of mazda fluid either, sorry. I would double check the specs and disconnect the battery for awhile. Is the transmission slipping at all? If not, it might just be that the old fluid was so degraded and it just needs time to a
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2016 Russian Grand Prix by Tosh @ 6 minutes 38 seconds ago

Kvyat followed through on what he had threatened to do last week, although it took him two hits to get the job done properly. Time for a rest?
Jump to new posts Re: TBN for Oil Change by WobblyElvis @ 7 minutes 6 seconds ago

I have read that different companies measure TBN in different ways. I sent in an oil sample to Blackstone and the TBN report was 1.0. Blackstone suggested I could go farther next time? I agree with you, seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors.
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission fluid change gone wrong!! Help by SatinSilver @ 8 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SixxerThe fluid was dark - like very dark brown to black. I have changed it in my mustang but always when it was pink-red. There was no mud on the pan but the magnet had lost of metal shavings. I cleaned the pan out and wiped th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: More destruction ahead? by hatt @ 8 minutes 53 seconds ago

The funniest thing about all of this is that the people who think riots and burning down businesses is just beautiful self expression were also wanting bombs dropped on protesters who occupied a .gov building in the middle of nowhere.
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oiled air filters better? by Wolf359 @ 9 minutes 38 seconds ago

Oiled ones are typically filters like the K&N. I think Fram also makes the airhog which is also an oiled air filter. They've fallen out of favor because the oil can get on the mass air flow sensor and can screw things up. That's usually from peop
Jump to new posts Re: QSUD in Ecotec: 2 qts. consumed in 3K ! by WobblyElvis @ 10 minutes 15 seconds ago

It's hard to get an accurate oil level reading on this engine. The cartridge filter will slowly drain back into the sump causing the level to rise over night [no anti drain back valve]. This is a false high reading. According to the manual, you are s
Jump to new posts Re: Long hauls = go full synthetic? by andyd @ 11 minutes 1 second ago

maybe a transmission cooler?
Jump to new posts TBN for Oil Change by Gene K @ 11 minutes 37 seconds ago

I've seen recommendations of 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 TBN and 25%, 33% and 50% of Virgin TBN for condemnation limits of oil for gasoline engines. Is their any real evidence for a particular limit?
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Why Even Stop? by AirgunSavant @ 12 minutes 0 seconds ago

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/13/camaro-driver-clocked-at-171-miles-per-hour/
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission fluid change gone wrong!! Help by Sixxer @ 12 minutes 50 seconds ago

The fluid was dark - like very dark brown to black. I have changed it in my mustang but always when it was pink-red. There was no mud on the pan but the magnet had lost of metal shavings. I cleaned the pan out and wiped the magnet off
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oiled air filters better? by paulri @ 13 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TROiled filter here is about K&N filter that you need to clean and re-oil once-in-a-while, if you don't oil it perfectly it may damage some intake components. The slightly oiled filters such as Fram Tough Guard or Honda
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission fluid change gone wrong!! Help by Sixxer @ 14 minutes 39 seconds ago

I know other Mazda 3 owners have used it with no problem, however I'm not sure if it is specific as m5 fluid. I didn't think to reset the cars computer by unplugging the battery. I can give that a try
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission fluid change gone wrong!! Help by stower17 @ 15 minutes 11 seconds ago

How dark was the fluid? In my experience with transmissions the initial fill usually has lots of mud on the bottom of the pan. Subsequent drain/fills result in little to no mud in the pan. I do think that the original transmission fluid can be left i
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oiled air filters better? by HTSS_TR @ 15 minutes 21 seconds ago

Oiled filter here is about K&N filter that you need to clean and re-oil once-in-a-while, if you don't oil it perfectly it may damage some intake components. The slightly oiled filters such as Fram Tough Guard or Honda OEM filter is difference, th
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: K&N HP-1002 & Fram PH3614 by AirgunSavant @ 18 minutes 22 seconds ago

Thanks My B&S 708cc calls for a PH8170 and I cross ref'd it to get something else but yours looks fine and I can get the 8170's cheap so I won't waste any more time on it.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Old HONDA almost too good to be true in Wisconsin by Nate1979 @ 18 minutes 41 seconds ago

$200 beater.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Pirelli Cinturato Strada by 3for3 @ 19 minutes 12 seconds ago

Looks like Discount Tire is getting, or has had, their own exclusive version of the Cinturato P7 Plus. Renamed the Cinturato Strada, it has a similar tread pattern and mileage warranty as the P7 Plus. Limited sizes are listed so far for the Strada.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Why is HDEO better for OPE, than regular oil? by 2cool @ 23 minutes 14 seconds ago

My reason for running HDEO in my lawn tractor is with air cooling. I figure that if a diesel engine can't kill this oil, then an air cooled engine wont' either. The cost difference is minimal over the life of an engine, and I use it for other vehicle
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission fluid change gone wrong!! Help by stower17 @ 23 minutes 31 seconds ago

Is the mobil 1 fluid specd for your car? Sometimes disconnecting the battery for a period of time will put the transmission back into a learning mode and will relearn your driving characteristics. New fluid will will perform differently than old dirt
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The Heroin Epidemic In The U.S.... by uc50ic4more @ 24 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HerrStigOriginally Posted By: NHGUYAlcohol is safe? Full of sugar and ruins peoples bodies.So if you don't die of diabetes,your liver will shut down,turn you yellow and also kill you. Sugar? My favorite beer doesn't taste like
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 ... 35 36 >