by 285south
05/27/15 03:27 AM
C-4 Corvette
by HM12460
05/27/15 01:51 AM
water-powered car thread from a couple days ago
by BRZED
05/27/15 12:19 AM
$10 off $45 Purchase of Tekton Tools at Amazon.
by SubLGT
05/26/15 11:33 PM
Reset KAM with tuner vs pull fuse vs disconnect ba
by sam369
05/26/15 11:02 PM
Installing Oil Light On 2004 Ford With Idiot Gauge
by crazyoildude
05/26/15 10:57 PM
'04 Venture 3.4 - Dex-Cool issues?
by Number_35
05/26/15 10:03 PM
22" Craftsman side discharge mower garbage find
by Brybo86
05/26/15 10:01 PM
Wheel score
by Toy4x4
05/26/15 09:46 PM
Schaeffer oil's
by Rendezvous
05/26/15 08:36 PM
update on my power pole
by Chris142
05/26/15 08:13 PM
What new AWD car for my mom?
by skyactiv
05/26/15 08:12 PM
Newest Members
AlvinX, DocT, Dieselmerc, kbronc80, bady
54118 Registered Users
Who's Online
24 registered (dec219644, b1amgm47, dino33, Char Baby, Deltona_Dave, DakAttack, 2 invisible), 546 Guests and 114 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
54118 Members
66 Forums
231914 Topics
3717444 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "Weepy" leak on power steering rack. by Lubener @ 5 minutes 46 seconds ago

That does not look bad enough to dive into. I would just keep the p.s. fluid up to level.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Shell Vpower Nitro+ - New shell gasoline by Garak @ 10 minutes 0 seconds ago

Check the pumps. Shell's premium is usually ethanol free in Canada, unless the specific jurisdiction has a rule about ethanol content that's radically different from other jurisdictions. Here, Shell's premium is ethanol free. To find E10 premium h
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 10k OCI filters by Garak @ 11 minutes 31 seconds ago

Absolutes are one thing, but when it comes to physics and engineering, there are error bars. The error analysis is at least as important as the actual data itself. Depending upon rounding to significant figures, 20.001 is 20. If you want to be ped
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2015 Monaco Grand Prix by Garak @ 15 minutes 35 seconds ago

I remember the one race some time ago where Hamilton won over Rosberg by complete luck, and made sure Rosberg and everyone else knew that. I was pretty happy with that. That's the way to do it. Rosberg does have a right to be happy about winning,
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Old Tools by Rick in PA @ 23 minutes 51 seconds ago

A number of my tools came from my brother, he's 15 years older than me. When I was a young teen, he would give me good quality tools at birthday time or Christmas. He was starting me out right. I still have most of the tools he gave me and they st
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Old Tools by Silk @ 35 minutes 54 seconds ago

Most of my tools date from the '70's - I started my apprenticeship in 1970, and have been buying tools ever since. I still have some of my fathers tools - I have his Tipco 3/4 drive socket set, but it's Whitworth! So I've got some 3/4 sockets and sti
Jump to new posts Re: Shell Vpower Nitro+ - New shell gasoline by mauric3 @ 45 minutes 7 seconds ago

did they say if it will be ethanol free?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by 02SE @ 53 minutes 48 seconds ago

Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Honda lawn mower owners by Merkava_4 @ Today at 03:33 AM

Yes the oil and gas are separate. You normal people are a hoot!
Jump to new posts Honda lawn mower owners by 285south @ Today at 03:27 AM

Checked the search here and google and didn't find anything. Considering Honda HRR216PKA 160cc Gas 21 in. 3-in-1 Lawn Mower No where on the specs does it say oil and gas are separate, are they, or is it mixed? Please tell me it is separate, so that
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Wheel score by wirelessF @ Today at 03:24 AM

I wonder how those would look on a 80's-90's Toyota pickup or 4runner? My 01 Tundra could use some newer Toyota wheels, those 5 spoke turbine style just looks old.
Jump to new posts Re: Help choose a walk-behind mower by 285south @ Today at 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Colt Bought a Honda HRX217HYA last week. Any consideration for a McLane?
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2015 Monaco Grand Prix by weasley @ Today at 03:21 AM

What really leaves a bad taste in the mouth is Rosberg's reaction to winning. Someone with a bit of class would have been more contrite, not whooping and celebrating like he'd earnt it. Not only had Hamilton made him look very second-best all weeke
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: water-powered car thread from a couple days ago by eljefino @ Today at 03:19 AM

Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 10k OCI filters by jk_636 @ Today at 03:17 AM

You lecture me on mathematics while at the same time claiming that "20.001 is close enough to 20 for all practical purposes"? More Fram logic. You have to love it Last time I checked, mathematics was based on absolutes. I never had a ma
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Running on water. by Silk @ Today at 03:16 AM

I don't think the damage was from hydraulicing, that would be compressive damage. The rod bearing has flogged out, the bottom of the rod shows extreme heat, and the nuts have ripped off the rod bolts, the threads are flattened where the nuts have to
General and Off Topic
Could have been the big corporation Or not.. Who knows for sure ?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 10k OCI filters by ZeeOSix @ Today at 02:38 AM

^^^ Prelude to calculus. Teacher: "Johnny, is 30 greater than 20?" Johnny: "Yes, Ms Clark." Teacher: "Is 23 greater than 20?" Johnny: "Yes" Teacher: "How about 20.5?" Johnny: "Yes, of cours
Jump to new posts Re: Regular fuel on Premium fuel engine by Garak @ Today at 02:33 AM

I'm not saying you should spend your life in fuel station lineups. I wouldn't, either. In fact, I simply don't. I'm usually filling at very odd hours. If I were you, I'd just keep my eyes open and see if I can find something with a better spread
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: C-4 Corvette by 901Memphis @ Today at 02:31 AM

Should be pretty reliable if you avoid the Doug Nash transmission and get a ZF 6 speed.
Jump to new posts Re: costco gas? by Garak @ Today at 02:30 AM

Oh certainly, there are accidents that do happen. We had diesel supply problems a few years back thanks to some catastrophic equipment failures at the refinery. Besides, there are plenty of parts of this province that very likely get served by Albe
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 1 opened up by Garak @ Today at 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: goodtimesWhat will tear next? Running out of tear materials, will it be the gasket? After that, I think they'll start making the filter cans out of beer cans - you know how easy those are to tear when you give them a little bend
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 10k OCI filters by Garak @ Today at 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixCalculus class? ... they taught what "greater than" and "less than" symbols meant in 4th or 5th grade math class! He's grasped that part, but he needs to understand infinitesimals and how math bey
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Waterproofing basment walls by howie2092 @ Today at 02:15 AM

Correct the grade around the foundation first. A good 4-6 feet of sloping soil from the foundation out. Compact the soil with a machine (backhoe or bobcat). Overlay the soil with something like rock or mulch over landscaping fabric - anything that s
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Running on water. by mjoekingz28 @ Today at 02:13 AM

Will any liquid compress?
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 ... 31 32 >