Today at 06:03 PM
DI carbon issues blown out of proportion? Probably
by wemay
Today at 05:48 PM
Newest Members
DAD105, Matsbugs, ReverendC, bandk, aurum79
53413 Registered Users
Who's Online
95 registered (3800Series, 72te27, 4Scott4, 2004tdigls, 13 invisible), 1591 Guests and 187 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
53413 Members
66 Forums
229068 Topics
3661396 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Finally nice weather by Michael_P @ 1 minute 53 seconds ago

Lake Erie is still partially frozen, so its a good time to get stuff done before the real good weather comes. But hey! This is good. Now that you mention it, I'll head to the store and buy some Redds.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by Drewby83 @ 2 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Drewby832005 Toyota Tacoma 4.0 OUT: 5.5 qts M1 HM 5w30 IN: 5.5 qts M1 HM 5w30 forgot to mention OEM filter
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Perplexing math by EdwardC @ 3 minutes 42 seconds ago

Think of it this way, you have 100, you multiply by 150% (1.5) to get 150. Divide 150 by 150% (1.5) to get back to 100.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Perplexing math by Pop_Rivit @ 4 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28I just cant fathom why! So, i have 100 of something and add 50%,. I now have 150. But if I take 50% from 150 I now have 75. I had it more clearly in my mind earlier, but this is the best scenario I can put togeth
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Perplexing math by JHZR2 @ 4 minutes 57 seconds ago

because % is per cent, where cent means hundred. Think pennies, one hundred cents to a dollar. One per cent, one per one hundred. So if you have 50 per cent, then you have fifty per hundred. So 50% of 100 is 50 per one hundred or 50 somethings.
Jump to new posts Re: Finally nice weather by bvance554 @ 5 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jackyOriginally Posted By: StewiePro tip, blur that license plate why people see thousands of license plates every day Haha! I want to ask the same question. Why? If i'm totaly naive and missing something I would like to
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: QSUD 5w30, 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 5258 miles by crazyoildude @ 5 minutes 59 seconds ago

Doesn't that car say 5w20 on the oil cap? I think it gives you a choice of oil weights in the book though...Am i wrong?
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: P300 and P1174 codes on 2007 Pontiac G6 with 2.4L by Merkava_4 @ 6 minutes 34 seconds ago

First thing I'd do is check for spark - one cylinder at a time. I'd want to first determine if the misfire is ignition related or fuel related. In the meantime, I'd be using my nose to smell the exhaust. A rich smell means the fuel is getting deliver
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Trash Pump Question by Michael_P @ 8 minutes 39 seconds ago

Thanks. I think I'll keep the free suction hose and buy an adapter.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to get correct TORQUE in tight SPOT? by Stewie @ 8 minutes 57 seconds ago

Do you people do it with the oil drain plug as well?!?!?!
Jump to new posts Re: Mix Oil Brands for Oil Change? by gregk24 @ 8 minutes 58 seconds ago

I would just spend the extra $ and buy an extra quart of Royal Purple. I cant bring myself to mix brands / grades etc. There are too many different add pack...packs...and I would be worried they would compete to lay down there additives, possibly cau
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Perplexing math by Nick1994 @ 9 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28I just cant fathom why! So, i have 100 of something and add 50%,. I now have 150. But if I take 50% from 150 I now have 75. I had it more clearly in my mind earlier, but this is the best scenario I can put togeth
Interesting Articles
Jump to new posts Re: DI carbon issues blown out of proportion? Probably by bvance554 @ 10 minutes 2 seconds ago

I'm positive it is overblown. Same as the overblown E10 paranoia.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: So whatever became of deflategate? by whip @ 10 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Wolf359It's a good point about the colts footballs, however I think the point you miss is that you don't know what they inflated their balls to. So if they used a higher pressure, they also would have dropped, but would still ha
Jump to new posts Re: Finally nice weather by crazyoildude @ 10 minutes 31 seconds ago

Here in nj its still Cold !!! Haarp at its best!
Jump to new posts Re: Is PUP worth the $$$ for an old beater? by Pop_Rivit @ 11 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: faramir9 I drive a 2000 Saturn SL1 with the SOHC. I don't drive it hard, I change oil around 6 months/5K miles. I am not rich. Nothing wrong with that. It's about what I do on every vehicle that I own, and never have a sing
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Long vs short oil filter by gregk24 @ 11 minutes 57 seconds ago

I use an oversized filter on the Park Avenue ONLY because it makes it easier to reach. I am using a Fram Tough Guard, currently on its second OCI. Im running the filter for 2 OCI's.
Jump to new posts Re: Mix Oil Brands for Oil Change? by wemay @ 12 minutes 4 seconds ago

OP, your initial inquiry didn't give me the impression you plan on making this a habit so i wouldn't worry one bit. And even if you were, most folks just read the bottle (where they say fully compatible) and move on.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Furnace question by JHZR2 @ 12 minutes 41 seconds ago

The bladder in the tank usually has a schrader valve so you can check pressure. Do so. If water comes out during the check, the membrane is shot. If there is air in there, ensure the pressure is to spec. Then consider replacing the valve.
Jump to new posts Re: Mix Oil Brands for Oil Change? by fredfactory @ 12 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sickoCheck out: http://www.pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/Marchsyntheticsallfinal.html Looks like it'd mix really well with NAPA Synthetic or Valvoline SynPower. I'd say wait until NAPA has their synthetic on sale for $3.79 a qu
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra Cut Open XG6607 (2,334 miles OCI) by ZeeOSix @ 13 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: fredfactoryOriginally Posted By: Motorking Hello, ..................... Our filters ALWAYS meet or exceed OE flow rates. ....................My I don't doubt they do. Like Ohm's Law for circuits these oil filters have a Resis
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Perplexing math by jorton @ 13 minutes 53 seconds ago

take away 1/3 to get back to 100
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Perplexing math by mjoekingz28 @ 17 minutes 52 seconds ago

I just cant fathom why! So, i have 100 of something and add 50%,. I now have 150. But if I take 50% from 150 I now have 75. I had it more clearly in my mind earlier, but this is the best scenario I can put together at this moment.
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy Cruze facelift? This doesn't look right... by Klutch9 @ 17 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dishdudeI like the concept front clip more than the real 2015. You and me both.
Jump to new posts Re: Pepboys oil? by crazyoildude @ 18 minutes 10 seconds ago

i think they call their house brand pro line but your best bet is supertech if you are looking for a good oil at a pretty good price.
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 ... 44 45 >