06/28/16 05:47 PM
brakes don't want to work on wet roads.
by gallydif
06/28/16 04:55 PM
Newest Members
dougsangster, CrazyCalvinW, mal86, smw, Crobinson16
58311 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (901Memphis, ABerns, andrewlg, Bandito440, 66chevelle, AirgunSavant, 5 invisible), 1515 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58311 Members
66 Forums
250956 Topics
4113535 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New car storage by Garak @ 1 minute 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JoelBI live in Minnesota and we get some pretty serious winters which are always accompanied by some heavy road salt use. This makes me lean towards having a "winter beater" and storing my new car for about 6 months a
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 Buick Century, M1 0w40 LL01, 5,522 miles by 901Memphis @ 1 minute 21 seconds ago

Adding the image through the forum uploader for future searchs.
Jump to new posts Re: Online Oil Viscosity Selectors by Garak @ 4 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4The parts store has Magnetec 10W-30, but at double the price. Just get some Edge 5w-30 A3/B4 and quit being cheap. Oh, and if Walmart does ever get rid of 10w-30 in your neck of the woods, you're clearly royally screw
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tie-Rod Brands? AcDelco, B&A, Mevotech, MOOG by Nick1994 @ 5 minutes 33 seconds ago

Go Moog, but not only Moog,meet the Moog "Problem Solver". Those are the ones that are had good luck with them. I order most of my car parts on Amazon, but usually use Rock Auto for part numbers to double check. Don't get Mevotech, cheap
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: 5w-40 synthetic vs 15w-40 synthetic by Garak @ 7 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SolarentI don't think the grading system is obsolete. I think that alot of people don't really understand what it means because of all the folklore around "a multigrade oil that is a 40 weight that acts like a 0 weight in t
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Best ammo size for close quarter residential ? by Itonlysmokesalit @ 8 minutes 46 seconds ago

Well this made my day, I've been away from bitog for a while and I've missed the party. Bill, Robenstein, and others have given you the information and resorces you need. I honestly can't believe there's still people out there who parrot the myth tha
Jump to new posts Re: Tie-Rod Brands? AcDelco, B&A, Mevotech, MOOG by Kool1 @ 14 minutes 24 seconds ago

If they are for your Accord you may want to check Autozone. Sometimes they rebox 555 brand parts that are Made in Japan. I've had good luck with tie rods from O'Reilly Auto Parts; their Import Direct steering parts that I've purchased for imports h
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy 6.2 Silverado, Shaffer's or Mobile 1 by barkingspider @ 15 minutes 24 seconds ago

I would use 5w30 in your favorite brand on both vehicles and call it a day
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Lets see the cars!!!! by OVERKILL @ 18 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: marc1 The old Chevelle in my sig. Gorgeous!
Jump to new posts Re: Tie-Rod Brands? AcDelco, B&A, Mevotech, MOOG by barkingspider @ 20 minutes 33 seconds ago

I have used Moog, AC Delco, and even duralast from autozone suspension parts. I have had no issues with any of the above. I used in GM vehicles. I just did my escalade w everything Moog and it runs / feels normal. I was considering mevotech but al
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Am I crazy? Type of tire chain by CapitalTruck @ 21 minutes 0 seconds ago

I would get some class s cable chains and call it a day. You know they work. They arent hard to install.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: M1 0w40, 13,011 miles, 2010 BMW 328i by OVERKILL @ 21 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteIt was beginning of this year, I believe. OK, so when I made the thread about it? LOL!!!!
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Lets see the cars!!!! by mjoekingz28 @ 21 minutes 45 seconds ago

EZ Mike, that is the S in RSP I like your fleet photo. Did the Grand Prix supercharged edition disappear to make way for the Caprice? I rode in the back of a New Caprice. Lets not go there now, but it was pretty nice in how transparent it was.
Jump to new posts Re: Tie-Rod Brands? AcDelco, B&A, Mevotech, MOOG by CapitalTruck @ 23 minutes 34 seconds ago

If I were you I would go OEM. Order online. Tie-rods are critical. Aftermarket isn't good enough for me. When my Silverado needed them I went OEM and got good piece of mind.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Big Rig Trucks in Europe by MNgopher @ 23 minutes 43 seconds ago

To the folks arguing about maximum combination limits, is it so hard to say you are both right? Trucks on the national network have no overall length limit. States can regulate more strictly off that network - MN is 75 feet combined length. Any th
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Rotor - Are there any good ones left? by ChristianReske @ 23 minutes 47 seconds ago

ATE. Coated for anti-rust and, more important, heat threated for anti-warping. ATE are the only rotors i found that stand the stress of hard high speed braking for the lifetime of the rotor. I will never change back to any other brand.
Jump to new posts Re: Tie-Rod Brands? AcDelco, B&A, Mevotech, MOOG by JHZR2 @ 26 minutes 37 seconds ago

Asking... Are Moog any good any more? Like the problem solver line?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hot wall in house, what to do? by guitarandoil67 @ 28 minutes 12 seconds ago

Firefighter here, call fd don't wait till problem finds you they have thermal cameras and will find the problem, and if there is one now your home owners insurence will cover it.
Jump to new posts Tie-Rod Brands? AcDelco, B&A, Mevotech, MOOG by Mr_Accord @ 28 minutes 29 seconds ago

My car needs new tie-rod ends. Not sure which brand to look at. Other than OEM, looking for a quality after market. Anybody try AcDelco, Beck&Arnley, MOOG, Mevotech joints on there cars and have any good luck with a particular one? All are wit
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 85 octane... Wth? by JHZR2 @ 28 minutes 33 seconds ago

High altitude operations allow for lower octane. No issues...
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 VW Golf Wagon TDI - Issues by madRiver @ 32 minutes 34 seconds ago

Owners who have these cars love them when they work and I know a few who have little fuss. However some tdi owners hate them due to poor build. They are a risky buy IHMO.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Upgrade? by Kibitoshin @ 33 minutes 10 seconds ago

Furry pets thread?
Test Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New picture icon by mjoekingz28 @ 33 minutes 51 seconds ago

Oooh way to step up the technological advancements Bob. I just discovered the photo with an up arrow today. Has it been there a while?
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol magnatec by Marco620 @ 34 minutes 50 seconds ago

Running 0w20 castrol edge and magnatec together. Been happy with performance and mileage. Thought I would be on the pennzoil synthetic kick forever.
Test Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New picture icon by mjoekingz28 @ 34 minutes 50 seconds ago

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 ... 39 40 >