Today at 06:50 PM
Oh man... This isn't good.
by CHARLIEBRONSON21
Today at 06:47 PM
Newest Members
chkm8, wjason777, glgoodwin22, RandyG99, wamaty
50828 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (901Memphis, 6starprez, 13Tacoma, 77GrandPrix, ag_ghost, 97tbird, 9 invisible), 1407 Guests and 225 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
50828 Members
64 Forums
217190 Topics
3420161 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by 901Memphis @ 5 seconds ago

You never check your oil unless the engine is off and on a flat surface. Turning the engine on just throws oil at the dipstick. Your engine is obviously consuming oil which is normal for a higher mileage vehicle. Check your dipstick more often.
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by wjason777 @ 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Clubber_LangTroll Seriously
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: Clubber_LangSpasm, Looking at your occupation, I'll ask a tough question. Whats the worst case scenario for USA fatalities if Ebola takes hold here? Man i have no idea. Containment is the issue, with the long incubation perio
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by 901Memphis @ 2 minutes 21 seconds ago

Don't even know where to begin... So much fail in one thread.
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by splinter @ 2 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wjason777I begin to think that there was problem with the dip stick. Yup, that's where you'd henceforth best focus proper attention. Welcome to BITOG though.
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by wjason777 @ 3 minutes 11 seconds ago

CORRECTION I ADDED 2.5 QUarts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here are some pics to prove it.
Hydraulic Fluids
Jump to new posts Re: What oil for plow. by joegreen @ 4 minutes 25 seconds ago

So my thinking is to try a thicker grade oil. Because if the plow moves great when i do the first driveway then starts to slow down after that this tells me the oil is heating up and thinning out. But what i have read on the plow forums is that peopl
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bleeding brakes by wallyuwl @ 5 minutes 26 seconds ago

Good to know that the one I got is good. The 0108 model is what is supposed to fit late model GM and that is what I ordered and the type of vehicle I have, so should work.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Air Travel from US to Ebola Outbreak zone by dave1251 @ 6 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Clubber_LangOh, im sorry. Too serious for you? Ok, lets keep it light. Back to your regularly scheduled reality show. Dancing with the stars and Happy Meals. Nothing to see here I apologize you did not understand.
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by crazyoildude @ 6 minutes 22 seconds ago

call em up and let us know what they say about the refund
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Anti-Oxidants by MolaKule @ 11 minutes 3 seconds ago

All additive compounds are tested for elastomer compatibility and this one was no different.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2004 VW TDI Beetle by Nick1994 @ 11 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21Personally, the 70 is where it's at. Oh yeah! I'm semi-restoring it, it's actually in good shape just want to completely redo the interior.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Oh man... This isn't good. by crazyoildude @ 11 minutes 54 seconds ago

yeah they beat em but for under $180.00 you can equip your car with some good stuff that monitors everything the driver does. And i mean everything also it monitors you also so if you get an unjust speeding ticket you win in court because its guided
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Air Travel from US to Ebola Outbreak zone by dave1251 @ 12 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacekI only hope some crazy fanatic minds don't get some ideas about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking? I have seen people do silly things. This scenario is possible. Even the fanatical leaning people in th
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Air Travel from US to Ebola Outbreak zone by Clubber_Lang @ 12 minutes 27 seconds ago

Oh, im sorry. Too serious for you? Ok, lets keep it light. Back to your regularly scheduled reality show. Dancing with the stars and Happy Meals. Nothing to see here Worst case I think we might be able to keep it under 3 million--1% of the populatio
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Air Travel from US to Ebola Outbreak zone by friendly_jacek @ 12 minutes 34 seconds ago

Fatalities in usa would be limited due to good hygiene and socioeconomic issues preventing rapid spread. But, there would be a huge panic and economic damage.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2004 VW TDI Beetle by CHARLIEBRONSON21 @ 12 minutes 45 seconds ago

Personally, the 70 is where it's at.
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by CHARLIEBRONSON21 @ 13 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Clubber_LangTroll Yea. Let's not feed it anymore.
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by Bandito440 @ 14 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wjason777Originally Posted By: Bandito440Originally Posted By: wjason777Originally Posted By: Bandito440Okay, first of all take a deep breath. Nothing that happened here is Amsoil's fault. Your car is burning or leaking oil. T
Vehicles
Jump to new posts 2004 VW TDI Beetle by Nick1994 @ 14 minutes 31 seconds ago

(Yes I know it's a chick car, but it'll get me 40 mpg) I've sold the Camry and I'm driving my aunt's 04' TDI Beetle. I've already had tons of miles behind the wheel in it, it actually handles quite amazing and it isn't a 0-60 champion but with loads
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by Clubber_Lang @ 15 minutes 54 seconds ago

Troll
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Air Travel from US to Ebola Outbreak zone by dave1251 @ 17 minutes 1 second ago

Gosh. Why do you not ask him to squeeze blood out of a turnip?
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by Bandito440 @ 17 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: wjason777Originally Posted By: Nick1994Why would you go 10,000 miles without looking at your oil level? Just because you overpaid on oil and because it's Amsoil doesn't mean it's not going to burn any more than any other oil. Yo
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by HardbodyLoyalist @ 18 minutes 9 seconds ago

Am I to understand that you added 5 qts of oil (and were still 1 qt low) to an engine that holds 6 qts? It's hard to imagine that your car would still be running under such circumstances.
Jump to new posts Re: No reading on dipstick. Amsoil 5w-20 by wjason777 @ 18 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Bandito440Originally Posted By: wjason777Originally Posted By: Bandito440Okay, first of all take a deep breath. Nothing that happened here is Amsoil's fault. Your car is burning or leaking oil. The Amsoil certainly isn't doing
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 ... 43 44 >