Windows Store??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Was at a mall at 9pm tonight, and realized they had opened a "Windows Store". Wow, what a ripoff of the Apple Store. Down to the hipster folks in bright color shirts and identical style name tags on lanyards. Format is the same too.

An inlaw was going to buy an MBP, so I was meeting them at the Apple store. They got a nice MBP for $1098. I almost walked into the windows store it looked so identical.

We've had one of those here for a few years now. Agree that it's an Apple Store clone, though it doesn't get nearly as much traffic.

When Windows 8 came out no one was lined up for it...

I rarely go to malls, and this one particularly. It looked brand new and that they were pushing windows 8 real hard.

It works the same way Apple's app store does. You link a credit card to your Microsoft Account, and when you buy a app, you enter your password, hit confirm, and it charges it to your card. They did away with the start menu, now it's a start screen, with a layout similar to a tablet.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
what in the world is an MBP?

x 2 , is that their version of an tablet / Ipad ? saw the responses too late. guessing that is Apples version of a laptop ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
what, no pics?!?!?!

You know, I was going to because I nearly walked into it. The way it was lit, the peoples' dress, the logo top and center on a grey-white background... All identical under operation.

I was in a rush though so didnt. I did grab one after closing time on my way out.

C3AA3F84-B246-4D96-BA82-FB38026995D7-2449-000002C31F99483C.jpg

Great idea to try out the competition(to apple) live and with hopefully knowledgeable folks.

Microsoft should be ashamed. How lame and lacking creativity. Trying to be 'cool' and 'hip' like Apple. Very sad really. Maybe if in all the years they were dominating things you'd think they could have devised a PC operating system that doesn't require constant tinkering, fixing, rebooting, to keep it even barely functioning. After three years? Forget it....85% of Windows based machines are junk by then.
Just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
After three years? Forget it....85% of Windows based machines are junk by then.
Just my opinion.

That has been my experience too...

The key to Apple Store's success is its similarity to cosmetic store like MAC or Sephora that is bright, high end, and fashionable. Microsoft store looks like an elementary school science lab and IMO this is not enough sex appeal to bring in young people and adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back