why all the concern about firearms lubes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molecule,
Thanks for the input on .357's on whitetail deer. Could you tell me what range you took your deer at. I live in Leavenworth County Kansas, its mainly hills with fairly thick brush and trees. So most distances are fairly short unless you get a farmers permission to hunt on his land. Your choice in revolvers is the same as me. I carried a 586 4" smith and wesson on duty. I have alot of respect for that caliber. I know a guy who got shot in the forearm at close range by one. The doctor saved his arm. He has zero forearm muscle to speak of, just bone, no muscle. Its really gross to see but, this individual was goofing off on a firing range when this happened and he was military trained. You have got to respect firearms and use them responsibily.

"if we had a squeaky wheel forum here there would be guys argueing over what works best on squeaky wheels day in and day out."

Tom Slick that was too funny.

Rob,

The kill was at 65 paces with the 586. The six-pointer ran about 50 yards and collapsed. Entrance wound measured 1 1/2". Never exited either.

I bought mine from a Missouri HP (a friend) when I lived in Missouri (almost new, had about 100 rounds total thrugh it; not his service revolver). The HP at the time carried Blued 4" or 6" versions. I was in the HP reserves and rode with him on occasion.

The only thing I don't like about it is the nickle plating. I may get it Parkerized. I had the action smoothed up and trigger set to 5 lbs. pull.

With hot handloads and using 158 grain JHP's, the only other thing is knowing where the bullet hits out to (drops) at 75 yards or so.

My daughter loves to shoot .38 loads through it since it has very little recoil.

[ September 21, 2004, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: MolaKule ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back