where do i find seals for Chinese jacks???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KST

Got an old Chinese made cherry picker. The ram seals are leaking. I checked HF for a new ram, but none of them match up.

Any suggestion on where to start looking for parts for it??

if anyone ever finds a source, let me know! i had the same problem. wasn't severe, but would let the work down after a few hours.. very annoying.

What royess and benjamming said.

Go to the garagejournal website and look up either HiBall or HCRCnow. Those are 2 hydraulic repair folks who sell jack parts.

If you know the jack maker's name, google it and you can usually get parts diagrams and buy parts online.

I did a little research on this on the garage journal.

I had a bad O-ring in one of the pump pistons in my chinese "Torin - Big Red" floor jack. I found out that it is a garden variety, but METRIC sized o-ring. I sourced the replacement at my local auto parts store taking the damaged on in for comparison.

If you are looking for a ram seal (I've never had one apart, so I don't know what they would look like), I would take it off and go to a hydraulics specialty shop. Most cities of any size will have one, since hydraulic rams are on everything.

They can probably match it up for a modest price.

Catch a flight to the city in China where the plant is and ask nicely for a few spares since most of them will be defective right out of the plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back