What’s your favorite work boot?

I wanted to buy new work/hiking boots. Still love my Hanwag's but wanted to buy something at least assembled in America.

Found these at REI on sale for $150, super comfortable so far. I think they will fit the bill. Assembled in USA from foreign and domestic materials :)
Keen Durand II

PXL_20210531_001337370.jpg

I wore Red Wing 2245 for 15 years, replacing them every year, then Red Wing stopped making them in black, which is required by my employer. I tried the newer 3507 and a few others but didn’t like them. As soon as they started making them in China and still raised the prices, I was done with Red Wing.

I work right down the street from the Danner factory and I tried them and didn’t like them. I been wearing Carhartt now and been happy with them, they’re on the heaving though.

You know how some jerks buy themselves the stuff they need right before their birthday? Well I seem to be the best at it :

Early Bday present from the fam an new pair of Hanwag :) Can never have to many boots I guess but it might be hard for me to get these Keen off of my feet. They are feeling good.

PXL_20210601_202543539.jpg

PXL_20210601_202548973.jpg

After many years of aching feet.
I have many Keen boots in my closet. I use them for work and home. The Durands ll are comfortable but wear down quickly in the city.
I have being using the Austins for everyday use.

Saw a guy the other day wearing a pair of Keens and the front part of the sole was coming off from the welt. They were four months old. He said, Keen has a one year warranty, all I have to do is send a picture of my boot and they’ll send me a new pair. I thought that was pretty good. And I asked him, you don’t have to send back your damaged boot? And he said no. And that he’ll repair his sole with some shoe glue and have two pairs of boots. Got to hand it to Keen for standing behind their product months later, most boot manufacturers wouldn’t do that.

Saw a guy the other day wearing a pair of Keens and the front part of the sole was coming off from the welt. They were four months old. He said, Keen has a one year warranty, all I have to do is send a picture of my boot and they’ll send me a new pair. I thought that was pretty good. And I asked him, you don’t have to send back your damaged boot? And he said no. And that he’ll repair his sole with some shoe glue and have two pairs of boots. Got to hand it to Keen for standing behind their product months later, most boot manufacturers wouldn’t do that.
I wear blundstones in the summer. With them it's supposed to be lifetime warranty (excluding treads) but you have to send a picture showing the defect and that you cut the boots so they're no longer usable. I haven't used the warranty yet because my first pair my parents lost the receipt (xmas gift). Plus I dropped an iron bar on them and put a hole in the top. Can't imagine that being covered.

It's funny, I was just looking at those Hanwag boots in my closet. They look exactly the same today as they did in that picture. I wore my Keens and then went to Crispi. I have 2 pair of Crispi. 8" and 10" (Nevada and Guide). I really like them, some of the best boots I ever put on my feet, to include my Zamberlan.

20230207_150555.jpg

I wear blundstones in the summer. With them it's supposed to be lifetime warranty (excluding treads) but you have to send a picture showing the defect and that you cut the boots so they're no longer usable. I haven't used the warranty yet because my first pair my parents lost the receipt (xmas gift). Plus I dropped an iron bar on them and put a hole in the top. Can't imagine that being covered.
They make you cut the boots so they’re useless? I had a swimming pool like that once, if there was a defect they’d send you a new pool, but you had to cut a hole in the old pool and send them a picture. And then you had to send them the piece you cut out, and it was a very specific large piece too.

It's funny, I was just looking at those Hanwag boots in my closet. They look exactly the same today as they did in that picture. I wore my Keens and then went to Crispi. I have 2 pair of Crispi. 8" and 10" (Nevada and Guide). I really like them, some of the best boots I ever put on my feet, to include my Zamberlan.

View attachment 139304
I have never seen or heard of Crispi boots before, interesting.

I have never seen or heard of Crispi boots before, interesting.
Italian brand. They make nice boots. I get mine at sportsman's warehouse but they are available online and at other outdoor stores. I think scheels carries them. More towards the hunting crowd and not the people who need safety toe type shoes.

Italian brand. They make nice boots. I get mine at sportsman's warehouse but they are available online and at other outdoor stores. I think scheels carries them. More towards the hunting crowd and not the people who need safety toe type shoes.
Wow, those look like serious boots! I like the way they stretch the rubber around the base of the midsole, between the outsole and actual boot.

Ive worn redwings a few times and currently wear the 2414s as a summer work boot. Sole wears like iron running a delivery route for 4 summers now. Sole is horrible on ice and snow so i choose timberland pro ripsaws but those seem to be discontinued so now ive been wearing danner quarrys in the winter. I feel like im dancing around just getting a pair of JKs or Nicks boots

Back