What should I do with this sludge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Varnished old gas! I have 2 gallons of that stuff and haven't figured out what to use it for. It was in a 5-gallon plastic can in the trunk of my Torino when I bought it. I don't know how long it was in there, but it's been in my possession, still in the can, paper towel in the nozzle, for 22 months and it sat up at the pawn shop for 6 months at least.

I have a cut down tree in the front yard, I've been told to use dirty oil to prune it. But maybe this stuff would work. Course I gotta kill the elevendy billion fire ants and wood ants that are residing there first.

You think PETA would have a problem with me killing off millions of bugs with some old gas?

Seriously, can this stuff be used for anything? If not, how do I dispose of it?

I have added a 1/2 gallon to each tank full of my old van. Burned it without any problems.Took a while to get rid of it but I did.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
I have added a 1/2 gallon to each tank full of my old van. Burned it without any problems.Took a while to get rid of it but I did.

That's what I do with old gas. No problems.

John

I like to pour it into OPE. Pulling the gas tank is a lot easier in case of problems.

Old gas with ethanol should be checked for phase separation. Don't pour the water alcohol on the bottom into any tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back