What filter does Duke for fleet vehicle use?

My son-in-law is a lineman for Duke Energy. Duke is quite large in the south-east. They have their own fleet mechanics.
He brought home a fairly new F-550 bucket truck with a Power Stroke.
I thought "I wonder what they use for filters?".
I took a peek, and it has Napa Gold on it. I wonder if there is all Duke trucks nationwide, or just this location? I will have to look every once in a while, to see if that is always what is on it or not.
I wonder what they use for oil. Maybe I will see if he can ask sometime if he is ever at the maintenance shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son-in-law is a lineman for Duke Energy. Duke is quite large in the south-east. They have their own fleet mechanics.
He brought home a fairly new F-550 bucket truck with a Power Stroke.
I thought "I wonder what they use for filters?".
I took a peek, and it has Napa Gold on it. I wonder if there is all Duke trucks nationwide, or just this location? I will have to look every once in a while, to see if that is always what is on it or not.
I wonder what they use for oil. Maybe I will see if he can ask sometime if he is ever at the maintenance shop.
Common to see WIX Napa branded filters across fleets around the (USA). They have that market. Easy for the local garages to have Napa type places deliver to the locals. I'm sure the oil is something common as well.

The power company I worked for had a NAPA rep that ran the parts desk in the main garage . They cut out the middle man and gave her an office onsite . There was a NAPA store not too far away and sometimes she would go spend a few hours over there but most of the time she was at the garage .

Back