Walther PPX in 9MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the upside down photos; I tried to rotate it in ImageShack and although it rotated it still posts as upside down.

Anyway, although I have not had a chance to shoot it, I will say hands down this is the most ergonomic pistol I have ever held. The action is solid and everything feels crisp. Magazine drops right out and for a DAO (which at one point in my life I vowed I would never own--never say never) I like the overall function.

A Walther P99 is next on the list of acquistions. Enjoy!

bc0r.jpg

igzo.jpg

3gff.jpg

7zkf.jpg

Seeing they are available and apparently a great value for the price, I've been tempted. I'm still holding out for a P99, simply because I like a decocker type firearm better. They are just impossible to find.

Originally Posted By: VicVinegar
Seeing they are available and apparently a great value for the price, I've been tempted. I'm still holding out for a P99, simply because I like a decocker type firearm better. They are just impossible to find.

I am also holding out for the P99 AS model; they seem to be really nice and they should start to become more available soon. Walther disengaged itself from S&W as a distributor and is now importing the pistols themselves and distributing through a place they set up in Fort Smith, Arkansas. You can see the import stamp on the receiver in the upside down photo.

The P99AS is a fine gun, but I don't think it was a big seller - Academy had them priced pretty high, $749 or maybe $799 iirc, but they quit selling them. I like mine, but there were a lot of good choices at that price point.

I think the list price is a lot lower now, but it's been years since I've actually seen a new one for sale, and even though it's listed on the web site, I wonder if they are really available.

Their new U.S. facility is nice, and I believe a magazine manufacturer is also relocating to, or expanding into, that new industrial complex. Maybe they will bring in more stock with the new facility. I'm not sure how much actual manufacturing they are going to do there, but I understand some guns will be made in that new facility.

That thing is ***** and bound to be a total bomb for Walther. Looks like an upscale Highpoint. The P99 and PPQ are fantastic though.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
That thing is ***** and bound to be a total bomb for Walther. Looks like an upscale Highpoint. The P99 and PPQ are fantastic though.

Who cares about looks as long as it works well? The Glock is about as appealing looking as a brick, but because it was tough as nails it sold well.

Have you shot it yet? I've been looking at the PPX and the PPQ lately. I can get the PPX for $379 right now but have read a few reviews for the PPQ and all seem to agree that it's a fantastic gun. Of course it cost more. But I do have to agree with the comment about it looking very similar to a High Point, not that that really makes any difference.

Originally Posted By: Sonic
Have you shot it yet? I've been looking at the PPX and the PPQ lately. I can get the PPX for $379 right now but have read a few reviews for the PPQ and all seem to agree that it's a fantastic gun. Of course it cost more. But I do have to agree with the comment about it looking very similar to a High Point, not that that really makes any difference.

I have been traveling for the last two weeks, but plan to do so soon. Looks can be deceiving; I am certain that it feels and functions nothing like a High Point; I have never seen a German pistol that was not high quality.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: Sonic

I have been traveling for the last two weeks, but plan to do so soon. Looks can be deceiving; I am certain that it feels and functions nothing like a High Point; I have never seen a German pistol that was not high quality.

The Rohm and Erma guns were pretty cheap, but that was about 30 plus years ago. A few of the Weihrauch made guns are so so, but nowadays there is little made in Deutsch speaking lands as lowly as a Hi Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back