Walmart ST's gone replaced with Purolator Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not resist a look at the oil aisle. All ST (supertec) filters gone. Where they used to be now full of Purolator Classic made in USA. All were $3.27.
Bought some L24651's 70 cents cheaper than the FL820S.

The china mart by me has also replaced their ST selection with purolators. Even the book to find out the filter size for your car has a purolator on front. Bought a L14459 and 5 quarts of Pennzoil HM 5w30

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2548643#Post2548643

searchfirst.gif

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Could not resist a look at the oil aisle. All ST (supertec) filters gone. Where they used to be now full of Purolator Classic made in USA.

So, all Purolator Classics are made in USA? I've heard different comments on this.

SuperTech filters were also made in USA as of late, AFAIK, ever since the factory was moved from Mexico back to US a few years back.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
The one or two OCOD lovers will be most upset.

Why? It's not like the Fram are replaced by Purolator.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Could not resist a look at the oil aisle. All ST (supertec) filters gone. Where they used to be now full of Purolator Classic made in USA.

So, all Purolator Classics are made in USA? I've heard different comments on this.

SuperTech filters were also made in USA as of late, AFAIK, ever since the factory was moved from Mexico back to US a few years back.

Checked several boxes and they all said made in USA.

The Purolator Classic i just bought @ Wal-Mart for $3.27 was made in the USA & may i say very well made too.. NON E_Core...

Originally Posted By: fxrider
The Purolator Classic i just bought @ Wal-Mart for $3.27 was made in the USA & may i say very well made too.. NON E_Core...

All Purolator filters are non-Ecore, and all have metal end caps and metal center tubes. Always has been one of the best constructed and performing filters for the money.

Originally Posted By: oiltard
What's the ADBV made of?

Classics have the black nitrile ... the PureOnes have the red silicon. If you live in very cold weather or do long oil change intervals, then go with the PureOne.

Go to Purolator's website and read up on them.
http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/Pages/home.aspx

Quote:
Quote:

So, all Purolator Classics are made in USA? I've heard different comments on this.....

Afaik all the Purolator 'canister' filters are made in the US. And now some Bosch like the Distance Plus and Premium are also made in the US. Also, some of the Mann filters sold at Rock Auto are also made in the US.

Originally Posted By: BrownBox88
Saves me a trip of going to WM for cheap oil, then AAP for a quality filter.

True that. Currently a 5qt jug of Mobil Super 5k and a Classic filter can be had for orange can promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back