Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/razo...reticle/reticle

I was able to go pick this up today (rifle is still a few months out) and all I can say is that it is HUGE!!!

Will post some pics of it when I get it home but it is pretty heavy as well, which, on a light rifle might be an issue, but this is going on a tank, so not a problem.

Will post some further observations after I get a chance to try it out a bit. Won't have any range performance until after the gun arrives unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
I have a couple buddys here at work using that scope and love it. Not quite a Schmidt & Bender but also nowhere near the cost!

Interestingly enough, the gentleman I was speaking to at CADEX recommended this scope over the S&B, which I was also considering. The other option, the Leupold Mark 8, was almost twice the price, which was why I simply couldn't justify going with it.

There were a few others considered, including NightForce, but local availability was an issue for some of them and the discussion always came back to the Vortex being the best choice in the price range.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Where did you buy it? I might be interested in a pair of binoculars of the Vortex brand.

Check PM.

A couple pics, the first being it in the box (I took it out of the plastic sleeve) and the second being it next to the Leupold VX-3 on my .308 for a size comparison:

Vortex01.JPG

Vortex02.JPG

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
MSRP is $3400. What is the street price?

That's unfortunately the US MSRP, I'm in Canada so I got boned by the exchange rate. I paid roughly $3,700 for it.

They do have a factory military/LE program that discounts quite a bit off of the list price, on the order of 30%. From what I've seen, you can't beat mil/LE prices with the online discount houses.

I just picked up a used Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP for my Ruger Precision Rifle. If the rifle and I can shoot well enough so the scope is a limiting factor, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a Razor HD Gen II. Except for the weight, I have yet to hear a bad thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back