Virgin Mobil 1 vs. Mobil 1 EP oil filters: Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
"With a 99.2 percent efficiency rating (under SAE J1858 Multi-Pass Efficiency Test)"

This is Mobil's current efficiency claim for the M1 EP filter. Is this different than what they claimed on their older M1 filters?

Winston: ""With a 99.2 percent efficiency rating (under SAE J1858 Multi-Pass Efficiency Test)"
This is Mobil's current efficiency claim for the M1 EP filter. Is this different than what they claimed on their older M1 filters?"

Yes, it is different. I saw both M301 and M301EP today in PepBoys, The old one claims 95% multipass efficiency, and the new one 99.2%

So, are the new & "improved" EP's better than the old M1's? What does that improved efficiency rating mean?

Since replacing the factory filter, I've been using Amsoil(Baldwin??) & M1 filters on my Jeep. The last few changes I've used Amsoil. I'm planning on switching back to an M1 to see how that impacts my UOA's.

I've also been using the oversized flavor of filters the last few changes. The Amsoil oversized for my Jeep is the SDF-15. The M1 oversized will be the M1-301. This will be the first time I've used that filter.

Are we weird for worrying about this stuff?

quote:

Originally posted by BTC:

What the heck is wrong with you? Here at BITOG that's what we do... worry about stuff like this.

gr_eek2.gif

Well, yes. But someone has to take the hit for society's sake. If not us, who
confused.gif

Where there is darkness ..we bring our own flame to light the way (and to use the smoke and mirrors).

To boldly go where no one bothered to consider going before (cue ST music).

When someone asks ..just say that you're highly critical of your enviroment. It sounds so much more collegian then just saying that you're an oil freak
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back