Vehicle Service Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some time ago, I prepared a vehicle service log to record servicing, repairs, etc. for my car. I thought some of you folks might find it useful, so here's a link to where the log can be downloaded: http://www.ptdoityourself.net/ptfaq3c.html
Can you guess what type of car I have?
wink.gif

I keep two logs.

(1) An at-a-glance updateable Excel spreadsheet, based on my amalgamation of the service manual normal and severe schedules.

(2) A detailed written notebook log describing what I did, how I did it, and tape receipts, UPC labels, and used drain washers right on the pages.

Since I do almost all my own work, #2 keeps me covered for warranty issues.

[ January 25, 2003, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: S2000driver ]

quote:

Originally posted by S2000driver:
I keep two logs.
(2) A detailed written notebook log describing what I did, how I did it, and tape receipts, UPC labels, and used drain washers right on the pages.
Since I do almost all my own work, #2 keeps me covered for warranty issues.

WOW. I thought I was bad!

This is a great solution: Mileage Book Log My local Office Max has something very similar for about $4 - I'd recommed you get yours from there.

My friendly neighborhood Mazda dealer will stamp my book as long as I bring in the proof of purchases so I'm covered from a warrranty perspective without having to keep a bunch of paper around.

I use both the Ford Ownersite and My Yahoo! Autos. I use the Ford one because the dealership automatically enters whatever they do and the Yahoo! one for myself. For a free tool, I think the Yahoo! one is excellent. It can be printed into a very nice report when it comes time to sell the vehicle.

Mikep

Good point, Mikep. Whenever I sold my cars, besides being impressed with the good condition I keep my cars, a printed service history really made my car a desirable purchase for the next owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back