valvoline max life filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was in an advanced auto yesterday, and bought some purolator fitlers. i saw they had valvoline maxlife oil fitlers, advertising on the box, it can remove up to 50% more sludge. wondering if their filters are nay good, and what their oil flow rate would be? ive found, using bobistheoilguys chart infomation, purolator flowed the best, mobile 1 was in the middle, and fram was poor. where would the maxlife fitler flow be with those 3 examples?

Good question. The Maxlife is made by Purolator. If they claim it removes 50% more sludge then I would guess it might be closer to the Pure One, which has more filtration than the Premium Plus. Nice thing about the Maxlife is the bypass valve is in the correct (threaded) end of the can.

BTW: I think Advance Auto have a deal on the Maxlife filters now? Buy two and get a $5 gift card.

wow! heck of a deal!! 9 was curious, becuase i am gunna try valvoline durabelnd soon. they advertise on the bottle, for tough driving, which suits my criteria. i am always in stop and go traffic on the highway and off, 16 miles both ways 5 days a week. good 20 to 25 minutes of stop and go lol. so the maxlife, caught my attention!

I didn't know the bypass was at the threaded end. That's great. Surprised, since Purolators all seem to use the same flat spring bypass at the closed end. I'll have to check that out. Have there been any pics of this?

Motorcraft filters are made by Purolator and also have the threaded end bypass. Of course there may be some applications that don't (Chevy for sure since Chevy's have the bypass in the engine, not the filter). Now the extra long Purolator (Motorcraft FL299) that fits where a FL1A fits does have a threaded end bypass (it's L40017).

Here is the thread on the Advance Auto filter deal. Of course there also is a thread about some folks not getting their rebates, but IIRC if you copy all the paperwork, you can call and they will key it in over the phone if your mail in got lost.

Hey, there also is a deal at NAPA parts stores where you buy 5 qts Maxlife, Synpower, or Durablend and get up to $7.50 off a NAPA Gold filter which is a Wix and a very good filter with threaded end bypass. Don't fall for the NAPA Select or NAPA Silver filters as they are different. The NAPA deal thread.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
Good question. The Maxlife is made by Purolator. If they claim it removes 50% more sludge then I would guess it might be closer to the Pure One, which has more filtration than the Premium Plus. Nice thing about the Maxlife is the bypass valve is in the correct (threaded) end of the can.

BTW: I think Advance Auto have a deal on the Maxlife filters now? Buy two and get a $5 gift card.

Advance has both the MaxLife and the PureOne on sale for $4.94 (& if buy 2, get $5 gift card)(see post & link in Rebates, Promotions forum here).

My question is which would you choose first & why?

A couple of weeks ago I was in Pep Boys to get an oil filter for an oil change that was underway. I thought I had a couple of Motorcraft filters in the garage, but I could not find them, and Pep Boys is the closest parts store.

I found that the Max Life, PurOne, and Fram Tough Guard were the same price. I already knew that I didn't want the Fram if there were reasonable alternatives. I looked at the Max Life, and noticed that it did't have a silicon anti drain back valve so I put it back on the shelf and bought the PurOne.

yeah, maxlife is made by purolator, says it on te box:) dunnohow good they are, oil flow ect. think bob migh have an idea? ide like ot do a cross refference on it, like in the oil filter chart, mltiply hte filters EFA byt a 20 psi 70 degree oil flow, with 25mm filter holder. the motorcraft is made by purolator too but has poor oil flow, supposedly. plus its a Ford filter, and me and ford filters, get along sometimes, sometimes we dont lol. same as fram tough guard.

I just bought 2 of the Valvoline Max-Life filters at Advance for my GM 5.3 truck. They were out of the Pure One's for my truck, so I went with these for the $5 rebate.

For the Saturn, I bought 2 of the Pure One filters (another rebate!
cool.gif
) ; for the Aerostar I got a Motorcraft.

I am sure that either will work well for our vehicles. Since the Max Life and Pure One filters were the same price at Advance Auto, I would probably pick the Pure One since I know it's proven to be a good filter.

I have been running a Maxlife on my '95 F150 4.9L for 1000 miles now. Filter mounts horizontally. So far oil pressure comes right up on start up.

My wife's Aerostar 3.0 gets FL1A Motorcrafts, not the smaller FL400 listed for it. It may get a Maxlife next since I have two in my stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back