Tokarev or PA-63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a surplus pistol to take to the range with the Yugo Mauser I just bought.

Local shop has both. Romanian Tokarev or PA-63(loooks like a Walther PPK in 9mm Makarov)?

I want a gun that I can fire a hundred rounds through. I'm having such a blast shooting the Mauser lately I need a surplus pistol to go with my East German Army uniform!

I'm going Commie when I go to the range. And yah I want a Glock but I can get either a Tokkie or a PA-63 for $200.

The PA-63 is much prettier and all but the Tokkie looks bulletproof(subconscious pun).

Anybody here got a PA-63?

I can get a glock 23 for $475 that is my other option, but throw your 3 cents out there please...

The tokerev is a stronger pistol fireing a more powerful round. Not sure about the cost of ammo anymore.

The PA-63 is a smaller pistol firing a less powerful round.

However if you ever plan on carrying concealed go with the PA-63.

Both are fun guns.

I'll not being going concealed this year at least. I'm thinking about it but I don't even carry a knife. I think if you go concealed you should "Carry!".

I work so much I'm hardly ever about town. Tho when I do venture out I take the wife. She's scarier then any gun! Last time she got pulled over she told the cop to stop staring at her legs!

Anyways Yah I better go Tokarev. I like the feel of the PA-63 but I hear mixed reviews when googling this model. The Tokkie is based on a Browning design however copied.

And I'm joking about concealed carry and I am in the process of getting the Utah card. I actually need a gun I can carry first. My .357 is huge! And that's all I got right now. So yah this Tokkie or Walther wannabe will be going to school with meh!

Originally Posted By: jcwit
You actually dress up like a East German when you go to the range?

No but I can get surplus uniforms...some of the cold weather gear I would actually wear to the range...

Off to work I'll check this in the morning then I'm gonna go buy...and shoot! And perhaps I'll wear a Communist hat or something while doing so! I mean if you were going to shoot a rhino wouldn't you wear a pith helmet? Not that I recommend shooting rhinos...

Its getting harder to find 7.62x25. You pretty much have to order it online. JGsales.com has great polish surplus ammo for it for really cheap. If you want another good russian handgun have you looked into Makarov's? Thats another cheap pistol that will serve you well for many years. Plus its about $230. Great pistol.

I haven't shot the Takorov, but I have a pa-64. Its a straight blowback design so it has quite a kick to it, and the trigger pull on the double action is pretty heavy, but there are cheap fixes for both of those problems. Its not a problem for me but those are the universal complaints for this gun. Otherwise, it is perfectly reliable, accurate, easy to shoot gun.

Buy the Tokarev. They are great pistols for the money and the 7.62x25 round is a hoot. Not a good choice for concealed carry, however, as the round has serious penetration power.

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
Buy the Tokarev. They are great pistols for the money and the 7.62x25 round is a hoot. Not a good choice for concealed carry, however, as the round has serious penetration power.

VERY true. Its rather large for a concealed pistol too. Makarov would suit you better for that, it being a pocket pistol. Theres always the cheaper to shoot 9x19 luger version of the pistol from Norinco. The Type 54 Model 213a. Just a replaced barrel swapped out of a standard Tokarev and its good to go! Plus they are in a slick chrome where as all other Tokarev's are a flat black.

But forget that PA-63 not nearly nice as a CZ82 or Bulgarian Makarov.

Last edited:
Another good way to have a tokarev is buy a Norinco 213 (tokarev copy) 9mm and have yourself a mag and barrel to swap into it for the 7.62x25. But you have to start with a 213 9mm not the other way around. ACR of its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back