To Frank and others: Questions on AutoRx....adivice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine: Ford 1997 4.6L v-8 SOHC, 86,000 miles(T-bird).

Filter: Motorcraft FL 820-SCurrent oil: Pennzoil HM 10-30

1) I'd like to start AutoRx treatment with FRESH oil(at my next oil change); Can I use Pennz.HM and follow instructions for Dino, or should I follow instr. for Syn.oil? web-site has no info with HM miles.

2) My oil capacity is about 5 qts. Should I add AutoRx Bottle(12 oz.)
(a) DURING oil change(capacity will be 5 qts WITH Auto Rx.), or:
(b) AFTER oil change TO the new oil? (capacity will be 5 qts of oil PLUS 12 oz. AutoRx...isn't this overfilling?)

3) After driving 750 miles, I should drain oil and Auto Rx, change filter, and then fill with NEW oil of my choice(syn/dino), right? Thus, I begin the rinse phase.
How long should I drive before getting the NEXT oil change? web-site says 1000-3000 miles; That's a big difference. Pls advice me on this part.

4) are there any special instructions for using Auto Rx in winter? or does it matter at all?

5) Has anyone used AutoRx on a similar engine?hoe were the results?

Sorry for the long post, but I'm not an expert on cars, and I don't want to do anything wrong.
I would be really greatful if Frank and other AutoRX could answer above questions for me. Thanks a lot in advance.
-Nishan.

For High Mileage Oil.
High mileage blend oils using synthetic esters should follow the Auto-Rx application format for true synthetic oil. If you're going to use
high mileage oil with etherified additive to clean for initial application of Auto-Rx, add 2 ounces per quart of oil and drive 1,500 miles. Drop oil and change filter. For rinse cycle use plain non-synthetic oil (Dino oil) with no Auto-Rx, drive 2,000 miles. Application for engine under 100,000 is done. Look at what has drained out of your engine and also know you have reconditioned seals by the rinse mode.

Engine over 100,000 miles; after driving 2,000 miles as per above instructions, keep non-synthetic oil (Dino oil) in use, add second bottle of Auto-Rx, drive 750 miles and drain (you have latitude here - you can go to 1,500 miles if you choose as long as filter is able to hold debris). Drain oil and change filter. Now go back to your high mileage oil. Auto-Rx application is finished. No seal leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back