Tempted to try........

I am interested in trying out this concoction. Im going to use the spray version of turtle wax ceramic, and after 24 hrs cure layer on a nice light coat of collinite 915 marque de elegance to make it pop even more. Thoughts?

My madness for this is the ceramic layer will provide a base layer, and the collinite will go over it and offer that amazing gloss you can't get with anything else.

Try it. Some things you can layer with no issue. Just depends. Waxes have solvents so if the base layer is not strong or fully cured the wax could remove some of it.

I would apply the paste wax first for a good base coat then spray to maintain, either way you'll have a shiny jewel. ;)

That sounds good, should work out great for you.
I have never tried a ceramic coating.
When I can buy Seal n Shine at these prices.... Followed up with Ice spray.
I use the Mother's Surface prep once a year, to remove my previous coatings, followed up with SnS. Ice spray to maintain. Does it shine the best as compared to other products? Probably not. Does it protect my vehicle in northern Ohio winters? Absolutely

Attachments

• 20231028_213913.jpg
    20231028_213913.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 15
I took it to my shop with intense high mount LED barn lights, did a one step paint enhancement with a hexlogic yellow heavy cut pad, with 3D One compound featuring diminishing abrasives. It worked amazing but the paint was so bad, I would have been better off doing the rotary with heavy cut compound, then using a medium cut DA pad with 3d one. in a 2 step correction. Double the work but it would have been easier on the arms.

What is so rewarding is that the high mount LED barn lights will pick up every micro scratch or hologram, whereas when you pull it outside for inspection, none of that is visable to your eye.

Holy crazy shine. The turtlewax ceramic I allowed to cure 24 hrs to form a base protection layer, then applied 915 / put on micron thin with a foam application pad on speed 4 on short throw DA. It looks utterly insane that photos cannot show the depth. 915 has a secret on dark colors. Does not last long on jet black in the summer however.

Anyways here is the result:
20231028_142613.jpg
20231028_142620.jpg
20231028_142623.jpg

Last edited:
Back