Talked With Senior Gm Tech About E-Core Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Canned E-core filters tend to have much higher quality filter elements than the standard canned filter elements. They often appear as though they're cartridge filters adapted to the can. Another way of putting it is I've never really seen a bad cartridge filter, presumably because they're so visible, manufacturers wouldn't dare sell anything resembling the contents of an "orange can" as a cartridge; they couldn't get away with it.

I would perfectly be fine running an orange can, and so have many others on this site.

Please look at the numerous C&Ps with the Fram's orange cans and the TGs. I posted a TG8A a couple days ago.

Even FRAMs own cartridges look high quality (and probably are), not even close to what's in the orange can. That's got to say something.

Even FRAMs own cartridges look high quality (and probably are), not even close to what's in the orange can. That's got to say something.

Nah, fram cartridges are known to fall apart. And yes the orange frams are a sad sight to see on the inside

Originally Posted By: baguio12

Nah, fram cartridges are known to fall apart. And yes the orange frams are a sad sight to see on the inside

Go away troll and quit filling these threads with your ignorant remarks.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
bvance you always have something negative to say with everything i post.. I usually ignore you but lately i need some laughs so i welcome your sarcasm as long as you don't get too carried away and cheapen the board with your ignorant, jealous sounding comments. Im not questioning his "worth" here i am simply posting about something that has to do with this board...Oil Filters..

I'm a very positive person. I've never said anything negative about your posts, I just enjoy your creative content. If you could make a post that didn't somehow involve an industry expert, engine building seminar, your brothers shop, or the shop you used to own, then I wouldn't comment unless I had something to add to the conversation. However, horse urine drips off of everything I see you post. I'm not the only one that recognizes it, I'm just the one who enjoys pointing it out.

And in what way do my comments sound jealous? If anything they're empathetic.

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Canned E-core filters tend to have much higher quality filter elements than the standard canned filter elements. They often appear as though they're cartridge filters adapted to the can. Another way of putting it is I've never really seen a bad cartridge filter, presumably because they're so visible, manufacturers wouldn't dare sell anything resembling the contents of an "orange can" as a cartridge; they couldn't get away with it.

I would perfectly be fine running an orange can, and so have many others on this site.

Please look at the numerous C&Ps with the Fram's orange cans and the TGs. I posted a TG8A a couple days ago.

+1
I used orange cans for years before coming here and discovering that there were what were alleged to be better oil filters for the same money.
I just put a PH 3600 on the old E350 last week removing one that had been in use for around thirteen months and 3.4K. I had an FL-1A on hand, but there's no way that filter would fit into the available space. The slimmer 820S is the recommended Motorcraft although threads are the same as is gasket diameter. The same is true of the PH 3600.
Anyway, Fram-bashing is a longtime troll response around here.
Everyone remembers all of the Purolator good Fram bad threads that ended abruptly a couple of years ago when members started discovering that Purolators may not have been all that good after all.
Every car we own has seen some flavor of Fram at one time or another, including my old BMW.
Never had a problem with any Fram oil filer from the orange can through the Ultra.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Your old friend Steve? The guy who fixes all of GM's toughest problems. You happen to bump into him and I'll be darned, he had an oil filter sitting on the front seat. Was it not in a box or anything? You were able to identify it as being an e-core by seeing it on the front seat? Hey Steve, that looks like an e-core. If Steve is one of GM's top techs, why are you questioning his worth here?

Busted!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back