Stuck wheels , what to do

2007 Dodge 1500 20" wheels

Took lug nuts off.

Got the front wheels/tires off but the back ones are stuck on. Pounded with a rubber mallet but no good.

Got any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Put the nuts back on a couple turns, drive vehicle slowly and apply brakes hard. The wheels should pop loose.
Wow, I could have used this a couple of years back. My BIL's Dodge Dually wheels were rusted(?) stuck. We tried everything. Well, almost everything...

Soak the joining line (between the brake face and back of the wheel) with penetrant for a few hours and then keep banging on it. Front and back as you turn it.

"Big Nasty" with the Mushroom Bit. :)

Astro 498K.jpeg
Astro 498033.jpeg

Attachments

• Astro 498K.jpeg
    Astro 498K.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Astro 498033.jpeg
    Astro 498033.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2
Lugs a couple turns loose. Take out for a drive. They might break loose the moment you lower the car, or you back up 10 feet. You might need to drive 100 feet, and do a gentle swerve at 10mph. Obviously you don't want to go down the highway at 80mph, swerving and changing lanes like a native Mass driver! I would do one step at a time, stop and check. Once it pops, tighten up (don't bother with torquing to spec, with any luck you're only feet from home) and go home. With any luck, you can break it loose in a controlled manner.

Mother had a Jeep and when those wheels were stuck, they were stuck. Eventually I got up to 45 mph, and sawed the wheel back and forth. I did that a couple of times with no impact. I finally really laid into it, like hard cornering! must not have had a tire rotation in 5 years or something, no idea (but this was something that had lived in coastal Maine).

Put the nuts back on a couple turns, drive vehicle slowly and apply brakes hard. The wheels should pop loose.
that usually works... I had to do that on a couple different full size buses, wheel had been on so long it had welded itself to the hub... one of them I actually had to turn the wheels and slam on the brakes, then it popped loose... hopefully it isn't that stuck for this guy.

Fronts are easy. Had to do my front wheels with a block of 4 by 4 against frame and tire and power steering. Made those easy.

Loosen the lugs as described then run a 4x4 across from one sidewall to the other. Put a scissor jack in there and crank away.

If the hammer isn’t working then what I’ve done before is have the lug nuts off or loose and then Jack it up all the way and drop it really fast that should pop the wheel loose. Or loosen the lug nuts and move it back and forth a couple times to put pressure on it and hopefully break it free. Maybe get a bigger hammer too. I have a really big 5 pound dead blow that gets used a lot for hitting very stuck wheels off. And definitely apply anti seize afterwards to insure it doesn’t happen again.

Back