Strange things people do to thier cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Spazdog

Oh yeah, the M-badge.
I have a client with a 323ci (the BMW one, not the Mazda) He has M-wheels on it which are quite tasteful. Really compliments the car. But then he has an M badge on it. C'mon man! I can look at the tach and automatic gear selector and I know it's not an M3.
"I beat a ZO6 man!"
Sure you did.

Not saying this is the case here but wasn't there a sport package for the 3series that came with the M3 wheels, retuned suspension and M badges?

Sorta like the SS badge on the 2.4 Cobalts.

Originally Posted By: subiedriver
I saw a Mustang with a 5.0 Cobra banner on the windshield, it was in our shop for an oil change. I looked at the motor and it was a V-6! What a retard! I think that one takes the cake.

That is like the guys who buy HEMI emblems and put them on their 6cyl and 4.7L cars and Ram trucks. I wonder how much HP those emblems add?

Absurd re-badging? How about someone putting BMW roundels and 850i identification on an Audi R8? There's a guy cruising around Moscow in one...
37.gif

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Absurd re-badging? How about someone putting BMW roundels and 850i identification on an Audi R8? There's a guy cruising around Moscow in one...
37.gif

I saw M badges on an Accord once. I also saw an SVT badge on a Neon, and 5.0 badges on a Nissan Sentra.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
37.gif

I saw M badges on an Accord once. I also saw an SVT badge on a Neon, and 5.0 badges on a Nissan Sentra.

lol.gif
Reminds me of a Toyota Tercel I've seen around here. The rear is jacked up, it has dual rear wheels, a "whale tail", snorkel hood scoop, chrome plastic wheel covers and curb-feelers.

Beat that...
grin2.gif

37.gif

lol.gif
Reminds me of a Toyota Tercel I've seen around here. The rear is jacked up, it has dual rear wheels, a "whale tail", snorkel hood scoop, chrome plastic wheel covers and curb-feelers.

Beat that...
grin2.gif

WOW!

I think the worst one we have is a canary yellow stupidly low Civic hatch with a body kit that must weigh more than the car. It has 4x4" exhaust (yes, QUAD exhaust), 18 or 19" wheels with tires that look like rubber bands and double-decker wings.

It also has a monster tach on the dash that would make John Force jealous. I guess they need it for all the "MAD VTEC POWAZZZZZ YO!!!!"

ROFL-COPTER!!!

I forgot the best part. The wheel covers are supposed to look like five-spoke alloys! He's also using some of that universal fender flare stuff to cover the outside duals, so I should give him some credit for not just leaving the tire sticking out. The first time I saw the thing, I swore that I had to be suffering from a delusion.

On Sunday, I saw a MkIV Jetta that some guy had given the full "Honda TunerBoyz" treatment. It didn't look much different from that Civic hatchback, except for it being silver and black. I almost wanted to cry, but it was overwhelmed by my desire to kneecap him...

The majority of the cars that have this are boring appliances. If it makes owning one more enjoyable for the owner great for them.

At least they are only wasting money on an exhaust and a few badges instead of thousands for power modifications they will get at best a $0.05 on the dollar for.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Originally Posted By: dtt004
It is unfortunate that 99% of the people that put Type R on their Honda's know nothing about true performance. But then again everyone is after a different thing with their cars. 99% of the people do not know how, or want to spend, to get that performance. So the next best thing is to make it look fast. After all, 99% of the people don't really care what performance is all about. As long as it is loud and has cool looking wheels, and a little carbon fiber reinforced plastic and fiberglass here and there...yeah. haha

Let's not forget to stretch some 195 all season tires across an 8" wide wheel and cranking out 20° negative camber so he can, "haz moar lowerez..."
DSC00727.jpg
33.gif

That looks like an 8-6
frown.gif

37.gif

lol.gif

Beat that...
grin2.gif

At least the guy in the Tercel isn't pretending to own a Supra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back