Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't go and try the 'hot fudge brownie blast' or whatever it's called... they make good burgers but man that thing blows, the 'brownies' taste like rolled up cardboard soaked in wax and the ice cream is nasty.

Speaking of Sonic.. They need to fire their advertising people. I'll never understand why i see sonic commericals on tv, when I have never ever seen one before in my life. The store locator on their web site says there isn't one within 200 miles of my area, and I can't search any farther than that.
pat.gif

Sonics' are OK when I don't feel like getting out of the car. I think the burgers are pretty good.

Sonics are spreading across the Omaha Nebraska area akin to noxious weeds in an abandoned lot.

Decent burgers in my never humble opinion but, they are so.... so.....

CORPORATE.

Yeah.

Corporate tasting. You know your munchers are grinding up the assembled concoction known as a hamburger or cheeseburger or chicken sandwhich this or that or whatever ye ordered from the limited menu.

But, corporate minds think at a mediocre level and offer a mediocre product, all too often, again in my opinion.

Can't offend anybody!!!!! Even if it's via taste buds!!!!!

Basic blandness but, at times me buckos, that is good enuff.

Most of us would likely create our own carnivorous concoction if we desired "perfection" in our dead cow patty assemblage.

Here is a coupon site aimed at the cultural backwater of Omyhaw Nebrasky:

http://www.omahacoupons.com/index.asp

I betcha' ye blokes have a similar site for thine locale. Search if yah' don't know because they can be handy. The coupons on the site above have expiration dates but they are continuously advanced, never seeming to end. Cool. Here is what, to me, is the best current deal for Sonic:

Single Patty Sonic Burger
Buy 1 Get 1 free

Whooooopie!!!! Get one free!!!! Or, alternatively, view the deal as half-price for each one.

Sonic is around 5 miles down the road. Not worth a special trip but, if passing by, your guide to gustatory gluttony keeps extra self-printed coupons in the conveyance utilizing a PF-46 A/C Delco filter and 6 quarts of Havoline 5W-30 dino slippery stuff that was changed recently when the Mobil 1 5W-30 used during the frigid winter months was replaced.

As the Dexron 3 allows the 4L60-E automatic tranny to propel the 4,500 pound (321.43 stone to you whacky Brits) product of the GM Ft. Wayne Indiana plant out and about the metropolitan statistical area known as Omaha I prefer to imbibe the dead cow products of a local burger joint with a mere three outlets: Bronco's Burgers.

Interacted with the owner one day as he was inspecting his newest outlet (built several years ago). A nice bloke who is happy with staying small. Offered to buy his firm but it's his hobby and income source. Didn't have the sheckles to buy but it was great fun in the asking.

Anyway..... Bronco burgers are, in my gut-wrenching opinion, among the best in town. Very tasty and the cheese tastes cheesier than the cheese I have tasted on the corporate-created chesseburgers hereabouts. Cheesy. Meat is tasty. The buns are soft and always warm. The veggies used are fresh, never limp or wilted.

Then there are the freedom fries. Just your basic fries. A wee bit bigger than the corporate fare but with this major difference: all through the day the employees grab whole BIG taters, wash 'em off, give 'em a pat on their little tater butts, then shove 'em head first into a really nifty devices that rends them asunder, converts a once-whole spud into a pile of raw fries. That's fresh!!!! Before the little spud screams have a chance to echo away the decapitated delights are flung into boiling oil. Almost medieval in a torturous manner. In minutes a fresh batch of fresh fries is upon one's plastic tray alongside the yummy burger of thine choice.

So different than the typical corporate fare. Tastier, fresher, none of the large or semi-large fast food scarf-n-barf chains compare in the overall yummy goodness of our local Brono Burgers.

As a plus, the coupon site has coupons; two for one. Burger or any BIG sandwich.

Nyah nah nah nah nah. You ain't gotta' Broncos.

Nyah nah nah nah nah.

And, I ain't gonna' mail ye one of their burgers, no matter how much you ask.

So there.

obbop - you gotta be on of the strangest posters of all times anywhere.

the only sonic commercial i liked as the one about the junior banana split.... where the driver told the passanger he could only have one and the passenger says "you don't know me dude....you don't KNOW me" hahaha

at first I thought they were sitting and eating at the drive-thru window until someone told me that you pull up to a stall and it just looks like a drive-thru window.

their burgers are better than mcdonalds and BK (well, not the triple stacker) but In & Out trounces them all.

What makes a good burger? Of course some quality meat cooked well along with vine ripe tomatoes, dill pickles (slightly on the salty side), fresh lettuce, slice of American Cheese, toasted bun and yellow mustard. My favorite burger place (besides home cooked) lately has been Dairy Queen. They seem to be a little more generous with quality tomatoes and they toast the bun just right. Of course, this is just my opinion on how a burger should be prepared. Enjoy yours anyway you like!

I'm not too fond of fast food joints in general, but the very best I've encountered is Culvers. They originated in Wisconsin and are mostly in the midwest. Their burgers are pretty good, and their ice cream (frozen custard) is the best. I agree that Sonic isn't very good.
http://www.culvers.com/

We finally have Culvers here and love it, having learned of them while visiting family in Wisconsin. Their beer battered Cod is quite tasty.

obbop was on medication??? Could've fooled me! Hehe, just kiddin obbop, you are one of my favorite posters here and I enjoy your perspective a lot.
cheers.gif

I still ain't shipping anybody a Bronco Burger.

Yummy savory Bronco Burger.

Packed full of dead cow deliciousness.

I slaver just writing about 'em.

Yum.

Very occasionally I'll have a chilli Crocodile burger. A bit healthier than a cow burger. Also Lamb burgers are much tastier than Cow burgers. Fast food burgers are not on our families list of edible products. My 7.5 yr old daugher actually shields here eyes when she spots a KFC sign, amazes the other mum's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back