Some audio gear I picked up recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Julian
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Quote:
Any specific reason to pick Jamo,
Of course they were bought out by Klipsch recently, so it remains to be seen how they're going to be affected.
Affected by what? Sorry if I'm not connecting something here.

I meant how Jamo will be affected as a brand by new management from design/marketing/cost/quality perspective. Klipsch already killed off one speaker brand that they acquired - Athena. They also own Energy.

Hopefully they won't interfere much and recognize the strong brand identity Jamo has in many countries.

Oh, gotcha. Well I hope you enjoy your new speakers.
55.gif

Really enjoying these Jamos in my office right now... surprising how little power they need to sound good... 2x 17 Watts is all they're getting at the moment and they sound brilliant... loving the fact that I don't have to use a sub to hear good bass.

P1050320.jpg

It's a subject of many heated debates, sort of like debate about how soon you should change your factory fill.

Personally, I think it's more about the listener getting accustomed to the sound of his new speakers than it is about actual noticeable change in sound. Again, that's just my opinion. Others will tell you otherwise.

I'd say they'll sound better after they're broken in but enjoy listening to them in the meantime, and they will still sound good when breaking in. If it was me, I wouldn't leave them breaking in when I wasn't at home or not in the room.

surprising how little power they need to sound good... 2x 17 Watts is all they're getting at the moment and they sound brilliant...

hehe
grin2.gif
and I know what those 17x2 Watts are coming from...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back