Small pump for differentials, manual transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "pennzoil" one I bought from walmart barely moved any fluid and leaked everywhere, wasted 8 bucks.

Those things are worthless IMO. Get a big fluid syringe instead. All auto parts stores sell them.

Talked to my mechanic yesterday, he uses hand pump that fits the quart bottle because the car is on the lift. For laying on the ground pumping those hand pumps is very difficult, he thinks the suction gun is easier to use. He also recommends buy the biggest one, ideally about 1 quart or more.

I think he's right, I'll buy the Lumax suction gun to change manual transmission fluid, gear fluid, differential fluid ... in the S2000 and E430.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Those things are worthless IMO. Get a big fluid syringe instead. All auto parts stores sell them.

I agree. Those pumps absolutely suck. Leak everywhere and you waste a lot of fluid that is in the hoses and body of the unit.

Orders the LuMax and its construction is great thus far. I will be testing it out on some gear oil this coming weekend and will report back with the results.

Which Lumax ? The pump for $6 or the suction gun for $12 ?

If the car in on a lift then the pump will be okay, with the car on the ground and you on your back there is very little room to pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back