Should the theives targeted the 1970 Chevelle instead of the Rolls Royce Coupe- recovered possibly with the help of an airplane banner

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
In Florida, thieves stole a purple Rolls Royce Coupe. Also in the garage was a Aston Martin, and a 1970 Chevelle.

The owner of the Rolls flew a banner across south Florida from a plane about the theft and offering a reward. Unlike most thefts of this nature, the easy to spot purple Rolls coupe was recovered quickly. Maybe a 1970s Chevelle would have not stuck out so much in a South Florida crowd.

What is disturbing is the car thefts is now increasing from street parked cars and carjacking, to cars parked in garages.

The '52 Chevy with the three-on-the-tree would be safer than most.

The thief wouldn't actually get to the problem with the shifting part... they'd probably not be able to figure out that you don't actually start it with the key.

Last edited:
Out of the three, the Chevelle would be my choice. However, I can't see any of these 3 cars standing out in Miami, they certainly don't in Scottsdale.

Reactions: 4WD
Leave the keys in it and see what happens....
My wife already does this all the time. We’re lucky it hasn’t been taken for a joy ride but as far as being targeted for value, I think a mini van is fairly safe.

I have seen some lists that were surprising as far as what gets stolen due to salvage value and parts interchange.

Reactions: CKN
My great grandma had a jeep back in the 90s, and the keys were stuck in the ignition. it never got stolen, but relatives would borrow the car at night and return it before grandma woke up in the morning

No one would even think of taking ours, even when they had the keys:
Mold Steering Wheel.jpg

Back