Short oci filter options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a decent oil filter for short oci on my silverado.I typically run my oil 3000-4000 on severe driving.

For the past few years i have ran the ac delco e cores with good results(upon dissection)but they seem to be getting harder and harder to find and the price has gone up too.

Any suggestions??

You could always wait for the next AAP five dollar sale on P1s.
You could use one of their discount codes and score the filters for ~$3.00 each.
Otherwise, the Puro Classic is reasonably priced and is a decent filter.

Purolator classic at WM or the ACDelco filter your using, is also available at many walmarts. its also only $5 or so at most auto parts stores. we have a 2005 pontiac montana van that we always use a PF47E on with M1 EP 5w30 and it gets changed once a year, usually 10-11k miles. ive taken that filter apart and it was still good in that distance. some will tell you otherwise, but from my experience the ACDelco has been a good filter. the van has 200k on it and uses no noticable oil in 10k OCI's. i vote for the ACDelco.

Both the Fram orange can and Puro Classics are less than $4 at most places and either would do fine for you at those kind of miles, both much less risky than e-cores IMO.

My vote would be the Purolator Classic filters for your interval, and only $3.27 at walmart. Keep an eye on here for specials for Advance Auto parts for PureOne filters if you want a better filter. With discounts you can get them for around $4 or less at times.

Originally Posted By: stumpguy
I am looking for a decent oil filter for short oci on my silverado.I typically run my oil 3000-4000 on severe driving.

For the past few years i have ran the ac delco e cores with good results(upon dissection)but they seem to be getting harder and harder to find and the price has gone up too.

Any suggestions??

Try ordering a bunch on rockauto. I fit PF52s on my Equinox and bought 6 to offset the cost of shipping. Great deal. Also use the coupon code!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back