Shish-kebabs in an air fryer instead of cooking hot dogs

The hotdog thread inspired me to look beyond glizzies and prepare something very quick but without nitrites and nitrates. So I purchased some ground pork from the local butcher shop, prepared a nice mix with sausage making spices and seasoning and shaped into hot dog sized shish kebobs (a little larger to account for shrinkage).

A few minutes in the air fryer in air fry mode and then a few minutes in broil mode yielded some excellent results. Placed them in a hot dog bun, some mustard, sriracha, onions and chopped parsley and ended up quite well.

It's too hot to cook on a grill and the air fryer did a very good job.

1658328042338.jpg

Depends on the size I guess. I have one of those small ones. Great for fries (especially since most frozen fries already have oil). But instead of shish kebabs, maybe something like robata or Korean style skewers instead?

I'm glad I have a grill so this does not compute.

Yes there are many ways to cook delicious meals. However what you describe seems like a lot of work for the end result. Been there, done that.

What is "too hot to cook on a grill"? It simply means, it cooks faster. At the same time I appreciate the issue with basting on the grill, have to step back and use a glove in high temps.

Back