Schaeffer help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am converting a few machines to the #512 Bio hydraulic oil. One of the machines has about 85% fill on Terrasolve Bio oil #168 bio oil we need to top off with the Schaeffer #512. We are talking about adding about 3/4 gallon to the Terrasolve.
Based on the link provided are they compatible.? One is a natural ester base and the Schaeffer is calling theirs "oleic vegetable base oils and biodegradable synthetic base fluids".

We have purchased 35 gallons of this to yse on four machines , but my concern is this one machine the others have been completelty drained.

Do your oils have to be Readily Biodegradeable or Ultimately Biodegradable?

Terrasolve doesn't define "Natural Esters" so who knows what they are using.

First, make sure the viscosities are compatible.

Why do yoo want to change vendors?

Personally, with bio-fluids, I would want to flush out the old before I put in another product.

Maybe salsrep from Schaeffer's can shed some light.

Quote:
We have purchased 35 gallons of this to yse on four machines , but my concern is this one machine the others have been completelty drained.

Maybe you could clarify the statement. Did you purchase 35 gallons of the 512 as a new fluid for the machines?

Last edited:
We are going with Readily Biodegradeable. Viscosity of course is the same.

We have two machines currently running bio oil, we had two machines in for ten year overhauls so we decided while they were apart to put in bio oil. These machines go on our greens so it makes sense to us to do that.
The other two are not ready for fluid change but will be sometime during the summer. We bought all the oil at one time.

I just am concerned about the compatibilty if I need to flush the other two or if I can use as top off. If I have to flush I want to do it now while snow is on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back