Scan Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: RnR
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
+1 The Equus 3160 is worth every penny! Check Amazon they run some pretty good deals along with free shipping. I paid well under $200 for mine shipped free.
Hmmm... Just how "well under"... do you recall?

I don't recall an exact price but IIRC is was about $175 shipped. I'm not sure if it works on foreign car air bags or ABS, but I have no plans on buying a foreign car anytime soon.

Originally Posted By: Trav
It still does generic OBD II on foreign vehicles.

Yes it does, I pulled codes for a friend who owns an Acura with it.

Well I changed my mind and purchased the auto enginuity. I am not very impressed so far. I should have listened to the advice I requested. I used several shop owned scan tools and they had tons more functionality. Although I am sure they cost upwards of 2000 dollars. At $250 it seems to only have basic functionality like a 60 oreily tool, plus the live data. Maybe I just don't know what is most needed. I know one of yall pointed this out already.
I was able to clear my check engine light and get live data for the 02 sensors. Lot of good it did me. Apparently I have some research to do.
One feature I was interested in that is not available with the generic power train is cylinder misfires. Would this be available with the toyota bundle. I sure hope the equos product doesn't have these features I am missing or I am going to be really sore over my purchase.

Originally Posted By: mechanic380
I should have listened to the advice I requested.

Story of our life :)

I have an extra Snap On MT 2500 which is capable of bi direction control , does airbags, transmission, anti lock brakes etc. Contact me for more info or send me a land line phone number and I will call you

john kc8frw at gmail dot com

A shop was looking at the electric cooling fan problem on my 2001 Jeep GC. They used a scanner to send a code for the relay to kick in and turn the fan on. What kind of scanner can do this? I forgot to ask the shop. I am 99% sure they did not push the engine to get it hot enough where the fan would come on. They said they sent in a code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back