Scammers on Craigslist?

I recently had my well pump replaced. The old well pump is still good and I advertised it for free on Craigslist. I hate to scrap something somebody can use. I get an immediate reply with a local area code phone number. I call the number immediately and leave a voicemail. No further response. WTH? Has anyone else run into this? Thanks

Weird. Maybe they typo'd their number? or maybe you just got scammed into spamming someone's voicemail.

I know people do well with buying and selling on FB/CL but I know all it'd take was one bad experience and I'd be all against it. I avoid it as much as I can--but I have done well I think.

I posted on ad on Craigslist about a week ago and I got several scammers trying to get my Google voice verification code “because they were trying to make sure I wasn’t scamming them.”
The first red flag was people 500 miles away acting very interested in an item that would only be wanted by somebody local. I told them to take a hike.

I recently had my well pump replaced. The old well pump is still good and I advertised it for free on Craigslist. I hate to scrap something somebody can use. I get an immediate reply with a local area code phone number. I call the number immediately and leave a voicemail. No further response. WTH? Has anyone else run into this? Thanks

It is Labor Day weekend. Perhaps they are having a bit of fun?

I get an immediate reply with a local area code phone number. I call the number immediately and leave a voicemail. No further response.
Why are you calling them? Just reply back on the Craigslist message relay system. That's what it's for. People that want to talk right off the bat may be scammers or at least don't a want written record of a conversation which is shady too.

Yes. Too many scams on C.L.

One of the worst selling experiences that I had online was giving something of value away free.

Reactions: GON
Back