Sam's Tire Center damaged valve stem they installed

So I just went to rotate and check pressure in my tires. These are new tires that Sam's in Denver installed a few months ago. They installed four new tires and at my request four new TPMS sensors with new valve stems. I didn't check them out too close after they installed them. Today I'm performing some routine maintenance myself. I noticed the stem on one tire was jammed against the hubcap and I couldn't removed the cap. Upon further inspection I could see when they reinstalled this hubcap they jammed it on so that the hubcap wire looped around the stem (see pic after I reinstalled correctly). This has made a large indentation on the valve stem. I'm planning on going back by there this week and I'm dreading it because it was very clear on my first visit that this location was wildly understaffed and nobody cares.

In any event, if this was your valve stem would you be okay running with it? I feel like this indent compromised the material and could cause an issue later. It's holding air and the TPMS works. I only caught it because of the routine maintenance I performed today.

Attachments

• IMG_4981.jpg
    IMG_4981.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4987.jpg
    IMG_4987.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4988.jpg
    IMG_4988.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I highly doubt anything will come from it as it's rubber covering metal. I'd run it myself and not trust them to fix it when nothing will come from it as it is now. You'd be taking a risk they'd screw something else up.

I highly doubt anything will come from it as it's rubber covering metal. I'd run it myself and not trust them to fix it when nothing will come from it as it is now. You'd be taking a risk they'd screw something else up.
Thanks. Yes, this is my worry by going back there. I'll just leave it be.

Valve stems take a fair amount of abuse. People yank 'em through the rim with pliers.

Back