Sale At Autogeek

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a 15% off sale right now, no minimum, and some great buy one get one free deals.

I got:

Two cans of the new carnuba DP MaxWax - $40
Two 32 oz bottles of DP Interior Protectant- $20
One 128oz container of Pinnacle XMT car wash and conditioner-$22
Two dispensing pumps for 128oz containers- $10
A free Micro-chenille wash mitt and a free Cobra Deluxe Ultra 600 24X36 mf towel.

All for $95 shipped-- which is an absolute steal. Or at least I thought so.
lol.gif

can you post the basis behind those selections, especially given your other post selling other good products like dg and colinite? ive been tempted by this offer too.

Not speaking for Critic but....

It's an addiction. I have hundreds of products that have accumulated over the years but I was doing it for a living...always looking for a faster & better outcome. Eventually (maybe) you find ones that you like and stick with. That ends the quest for the newest and best.....until something revolutionary comes along like microfiber buffer pads as opposed to foam.
grin.gif
It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

If you order something Optimum from Autogeek you get free shipping. I bought some Opti-Bond tire gel,and also a couple of Duragloss products. I got the whole order shipped free! I thought that was great.

im a fan of autogeek but ive recently discovered detailersdomain.com and chemicalguys.com
chemical guys is their own brand. better prices than autogeek. especially on tool/accessories like mf towels.

I am also an autogeeker. While the sale mentioned above doesn't interest me, they do have great sales often. The only caveat is that usually you have to spend $95 to get the free shopping.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
can you post the basis behind those selections, especially given your other post selling other good products like dg and colinite? ive been tempted by this offer too.

Duragloss 105 was a good sealant, but I found DP poli-coat to be superior because it also had paint cleaning capability, better gloss, and was easier to use. The Collinite 915 was too difficult to safely remove from soft paints, IMO. Klasse All-In-One did not have a place in my detailing inventory because DP Poli-coat did everything that Klasse AIO can do, but for less money. Meguiars D151 did not have enough correction capability and the "protection" that it left behind was inadequate for me. So, those are the reasons why I am selling a large portion of my detailing inventory.
grin.gif

I bought the DP Max Wax because I had a favorable experience with the DP Poli-Coat product. At $20/tub with the promotion, I can see a quality carnauba being a good wax to apply onto a dark colored car like mine. Reviewers are describing DP Max Wax to be a poor man's Pinnacle Souveran.

As for the DP Interior Protectant, I currently do not have any interior trim protectant. The DP product gets good reviews and the price is right at $10/bottle.

Since the original post, I removed the XMT shampoo gel from the order and instead added Optimum Polish II and Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel. The Polish II is $30/quart and the Opti-Bond Tire Gel is $16/quart. The Polish II will take the place in my inventory as being a moderately aggressive polish (somewhere between M105 and M205). Hopefully it will have enough correction ability yet be capable of a one-step product. Opti-bond tire gel will be my tire dressing, which I never used previously. The last few times that someone applied tire dressing to my car, I found that the glossy tire appearance compliments the dark paint very well.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF

It's an addiction. I have hundreds of products that have accumulated over the years but I was doing it for a living...always looking for a faster & better outcome. Eventually (maybe) you find ones that you like and stick with. That ends the quest for the newest and best.....until something revolutionary comes along like microfiber buffer pads as opposed to foam.
grin.gif

So true.

Originally Posted By: whitson01
or use coupon code "freeship"
wink.gif

Then I won't get the free gift that comes with the 15% off special.

Originally Posted By: mmab
thanks for the code. I just placed an order with free shipping.

awesome.
imo they charge high for shipping (but i do have to give them credit on the speed of shipping and quality of packing materials). from what ive seen, unless you make a big order, your better off with free shipping.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF

grin.gif

LOL so true! I have so many car products its crazy.. i try to use them all up so i can buy new stuff!!!I should be paid to test all these products and review them..

Originally Posted By: Rolla07

LOL so true! I have so many car products its crazy.. i try to use them all up so i can buy new stuff!!!I should be paid to test all these products and review them..

Let us know when you have that yard sale........ lol

Folks who are on the east coast, I highly recommend Autoality. I put order for M105 and M205 (with free shipping!) on Thursday night and the package was at my doors step Saturday morning! Literally the fastest shipping in my 20 years of internet shopping.

No idea when I would be able to use them though :-(

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back