S2000 Engine Detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may have seen my polish and wax thread, well I finally got around to detailing the engine bay. It's a backwards order to do things but I wasn't happy with how my front bumper turned out so I intended to polish/wax that again anyway (later today).

On to the engine detail. Steps/products used:

-P21S Total Auto Wash, sprayed it on, let it sit for a minute or two, rinsed off with strong jet from hose.

-Used leaf blower to dry off engine compartment.

-Collinite 845 Insulator Wax, applied this under-hood, shock towers, inner panels (if I could reach), radiator support, exhaust heat shield.

-303 Aerospace Protectant, sprayed on a MF mitt and wiped hoses and plastics.

Here's what she looks like..........

null_zps529316c8.jpg

null_zps6e327473.jpg

Very nice... and I just saw a very nice S2000 just a few days ago. Clean like it was just washed & waxed and the interior looked new.

Last edited:
Very nice job. People not into engine detailing should understand that it's not difficult to do. The trick is to get the engine really, really clean and then maintain it. And it's lots easier now with modern seals and gaskets that don't seep like the old cork gaskets. Maybe a clean engine is not a big deal to most people, but my auto-challenged friends are really impressed when they see my clean engine! Like it's magic!!!!

Did the Collinite burn off the exhaust manifold heat shield initially? Also does 303 Aerospace Protectant have anti-ozinant?

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
Looks too clean...and Honda engines don't point that direction.

When they're rear drive like the S2000 they do
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: tightwad
Very nice job. People not into engine detailing should understand that it's not difficult to do. The trick is to get the engine really, really clean and then maintain it. And it's lots easier now with modern seals and gaskets that don't seep like the old cork gaskets. Maybe a clean engine is not a big deal to most people, but my auto-challenged friends are really impressed when they see my clean engine! Like it's magic!!!!

True. It's easier to get the engine clean and keep it that way than the finish. Some quick things to be mindful of are:

-There will be a lot of nasty looking water spots on the quarter panels after you're done (take care of them immediately afterward)
-Cover the alternator with a small towel or wash mitt
-It's hard on the hands, lots of sharp things in there so no sudden moves

Keeping that stuff in mind, no one should be afraid to tackle it.

Originally Posted By: eagle23
Originally Posted By: JamesBond
Looks too clean...and Honda engines don't point that direction.

When they're rear drive like the S2000 they do
wink.gif

INDEED!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Did the Collinite burn off the exhaust manifold heat shield initially? Also does 303 Aerospace Protectant have anti-ozinant?

I haven't driven it yet, just put it back in the garage. It's not terribly close so if any wax can take it it's Collinite.
Not sure about the 303, it does have strong anti-UV properties, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back