Remote mounted Bypass Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello group, I've got to jump in here cause I'm the guy Glenford talked to and much of our talk has been misquoted. I bought a used, older style dual remote and contacted Amsoil's tech people BEFORE installing to asure myself of it's correct operation. Prior to installation I converted the small turbo-diesel to synthetic lubes-greases, getting slightly lower oil pressure at all times,ie startup cold or hot, cruise, idle after highway etc. My diesel has 2 oil pressure sending units, for idiot lite and analog gauge. The norm with dino oil was 1-3 sec lite off, 3-5 sec needle passing thru 30# going up. The dual remote, installed with Aeroquip hose/fittings as close as possible (16" longest hose) DELAYED the initial achievement of pressure 2-4 seconds, ie 3-5 sec lite and 7-9 sec needle passing 30#. This bothered me enough to search for a solution, talk to ALOT of people, who mostly told me my concerns were bunk. Solutions suggested included foot valves, check valves, much larger hoses and all cost more than going to a single bypass which is what I did, and the pressure delay went away. There was never any leakage nor other kind of pressure problem. BUT one interesting thing, I'd already put a single bypass on a gas motor routing the return hose to valve cover with good results. Tried the same with the diesel and it suddenly ran cooler and burned/lost a quart of oil in 680mi (suspect flooding valve stem seals), rerouted oil to pan and back to normal. Sorry to run on, I hate being misquoted. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back