Remmington 770 in 30-06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big five has this gun for $350 with a 3-9 X 40 scope. Any opinions on this firearm? I have bee wanting a 30-06 for a while and this seems like a reasonable price. Synthetic stock, bolt action and a 5 round detachable magazine.

Last edited:
A friend of mine had a 770. The action was pretty rough, but it was accurate and always functioned as it should have. Not a bad buy for 350 and if you decide to step up to a rifle with a smoother action and better fit/finish you should have no problem reselling it for 300.

For the $ it isnt a terrible rifle. There are better entry level bolt action rifles on the market though. Companies such as Marlin , Mossberg , Stevens and Howa all make very good entry level rifles. As others have said the finish is not the best nor is the action the smoothest. However as a general purpose plinking/ fill your deer tag rifle it will do fine. As a general rule the average modern rifle/cartridge will outshoot the average joe firing it.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
The ADL (with scope) can be had for only $50 more and it's a better value

+1

I have one of the Remington 770's....as stated action is on the rough side.... But shot good straight out of the box....would recommend to upgrade if planning on shooting very much.....Me I shoot less than 50 rounds per year it fills my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back