Rejex on top of liquid glass ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought some Rejex and have a new car......I was wondering if I should put a couple coats of liquid glass on the paint first and then put the Rejex or just use Rejex? Thanks!

I'll take a stab at this, with no practical experience with this product. Their website states that it is best to apply it directly to squeaky clean paint (it has no cleaners). They state it can be applied over wax, but as the inferior wax degrades, the Rejex will disappear with it.

Liquid Glass is an old school polymer. Without knowing its properties, you may or may not have the same results as applying it over the wax mentioned above.

I see no advantage or logic to applying it over LG. What's your reasoning on this?

Originally Posted By: mcrn
I just bought some Rejex and have a new car......I was wondering if I should put a couple coats of liquid glass on the paint first and then put the Rejex or just use Rejex? Thanks!

No, if anything strip any wax and apply Rejex on a clean wax free surface. As already mentioned Rejex works best going over nothing at all. I'd wash the car with dish soap first, and if you feel ambitious clay bar it. Then apply the Rejex. If you don't feel like using the clay bar at least wash the car with dish soap.

Ok thanks for the advice! I just washed with Meguiars Gold class wash, mothers clay bar, and then Rejex on everything but the windows. Cant wait to see if its as good as I have read!

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Use one or the other not both. There is no advantage just wasted effort.

Agree. I would stick with the Liquid Glass if you already have it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back