printer Toner - how good are the aftermarket ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the Canon 970 inkjet with the 7 different inks, and I ONLY use the aftermarket. Amazon will often have the user's reports.
They won't sell them if they don't work.

Go with the OEM - we've had so many of the aftermarket ones split open and spill toner it's not even funny. Some brands are better than others, but we've had to start restricting the purchase of aftermarket toners within our organization to cut down the amount of downtime it was taking to clean them up. You almost never have an OEM cartridge malfunction.

Inkjet may be a different story, I don't have enough data to say.

I use knock-off cartridges from tonerboss.com in my LaserJet 2200. No problems. It's much, much less expensive compared to the HP authentic ones.

Have had both expierences at work. Reman Lexmark
15.gif
(whose fusers barely outlast their toner cartriges, but that's another story) cartridges from Rhinotek that sometimes were OK, sometimes began to squeak after a little use. Same cartridges from Cartridge World work fine.

Last edited:
I refilled mine on my HP 1018 about 6 months ago. Bought the tool to burn a hole and then filled it up with toner. So far, so good. The only issue was with an return address label. I used the smallest type to make the address fit. After printing the text started breaking up. Printing on paper there is no difference that I can tell.

This is what I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Toner-Refill-12A-...id=p3286.c0.m14

The tool was another $10.00.

The tape to seal the hole had very good adhesive qualities. I don't see how mine can leak.

thanks guys; I got an original HP one on amazon.com for less than the usual price, and it works great; I had to print some pretty important stuff at short notice, and didn't wanna take a chance with something going wrong with aftermarket, but will def. try it next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back