Photo resize help.

wlk

What is an easy app to use to resize photos? I can't upload anything here easily as my phone pics at too large files. Very frustrating as have been cropping them but is a pain. I am not super tech inclined hence easy app and phone is Android. Don't say get an iPhone, I hate them- horrible to use.
Thanks

bitog should resize them automatically.
unless your phone is set to 100MP raw or some odd format.
what size are the photos?

This was a 3.4MB jpeg before bitog. 3000x4000 pixels.
after uploading to bitog
its 238kb and 768x1000 pixels
1687663589074.jpeg

Reactions: wlk
I use a couple of types of photo editing software. One, which is simple to use and which offers a broad range of features, is Irfan View. I've been using it alongside Photoshop for years. One of its best features is that it's free.

GET IRFANVIEW (VERSION 4.62)

bitog should resize them automatically.
unless your phone is set to 100MP raw or some odd format.
what size are the photos?

This was a 3.4MB jpeg before bitog. 3000x4000 pixels.
after uploading to bitog
its 238kb and 768x1000 pixels
View attachment 163223
They are usually 5-10MB. No it says the file is too large and won't upload anything

Do you need to post from your phone, or, can you download the photo to your PC then upload to bitog from there? If you can use a PC, the standard Windows 11 photo editor has a resize option that's easy to use.

Do you need to post from your phone, or, can you download the photo to your PC then upload to bitog from there? If you can use a PC, the standard Windows 11 photo editor has a resize option that's easy to use.
I just use my phone and hardly use our laptop. Wife uses it mainly for her grad school stuff and I don't want to mess w it incase she has something going on and I mess it up

maybe change your camera options on phone. Unless you are printing them for a wall poster no one will notice 12MP vs 20MP.
or set format to jpeg. if its png or raw it is massively larger.

maybe change your camera options on phone. Unless you are printing them for a wall poster no one will notice 12MP vs 20MP.
or set format to jpeg. if its png or raw it is massively larger.
I haven't seen anyway to change the settings. There are auto modes and other pic stuff but I keep it at whatever factory settings it has. Like I said most are 5-10mb, don't know what format it is and I have no idea what mp it is. Not overly tech savy, I just point and shoot

when the camera app is open look at the top there should be some stuff you can tap
try the 16:9 or 4:3
if not there try the settings icon.. same place.

The icons in the top of this photo. If they arent there try tapping the screen near there and they should appear.

Photo is a blurred image of fingers.. so no one guesses wrong... :LOL:
1687732389313.png

After this I tried the 200MP option.. it made a 42MB photo of my rug.. 🫣 (s23 ultra phone)
12240x16320 pixels.

Last edited:
Back