Pf 47E

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dreaded e-core..... little over 4k miles. Looks pretty decent, was on our 04 Impala. I got it for free, so I ran it. No holes or blowouts. Just a boring picture taken with my phone. Sorry the pics kind of suck.

I was wondering about the PF 47. I just bought a used Buick (3.8) and am undecided which filter to go with. I didn't know these were e- core. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
What I can see, pleat uniformity and tightness looks good. One point also to keep in mind though, this being older GM no potential combo valve issue with this application because older GM use block bypass. Imo, kinda a big deal because ecores for other non GM applications do use a combo valve.

And newer GM with integral filter bypass spec a separate poppet style bypass. No combo valve for GM. Should tell one what GM thinks of the ecore with combo valve concept.

This one used within what imo I would consider to be the 3-5k mi oci range for the ecore.

Hey Lubener: What year used Buick?

Sold a RoF's (relative of friend) 2000 Regal because he bought a 2005 Regal. Both with the 3800 series II.

Too much engine for that Bozo but that's a different story.

Engines sounded quiet and pulled well. Good luck with yours. Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hey Lubener: What year used Buick?

Sold a RoF's (relative of friend) 2000 Regal because he bought a 2005 Regal. Both with the 3800 series II.

Too much engine for that Bozo but that's a different story.

Engines sounded quiet and pulled well. Good luck with yours. Kira

It's a 1997 Lesabre w/ 41k miles..Pure creampuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back