Magnesium (MG) 8.2
Molybdenum (MO) 0.0
Sodium (NA) 3.7
Phosphorus (P) 1156
Sulfur (S) 3906
Zinc (Z) 1205
Fuel % Water % Visc@100C 11.41
TBN 8.21

Just thought some folks might like to see whats in it.Running it in a Celica with 145000 mi. on the engine,will post a UOA at 4000 miles on the oil.

I got it through an oil distributor here in town.Can't find it in stores nor are there any Petro-Can filling stations here.

I don't think it is cause for concern. The max under SN/GF-5 for sulfur is 5000 so it's not like it's outrageous.

Thanx for posting!! Looking forward to seeing how it does.

The Wearcheck KV100 spec' is a bit lower than the claimed 11.8cSt that PC claims.
Nevertheless this a very heavy 30wt oil with it's HTHSV of 3.6cP and low 146 VI; heavier than a 0W-40 and most 5W-40s.

Quote:
Should the amount of Sulfur in this oil be cause for concern?

Not realy. Sulfur ppm today in most SL oils ranges from 2800 ppm to 3500 ppm.

Since this is an SM oil, as CP3 said, it is well within the range of SM levels.

Most of the sufur comes from two sources, the detergent and the ZDDP.

The iron usually ranges from 1 to 5 ppm and most likely comes from the anti-oxidant additive.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for posting - curious about how this oil looked.

I'm a bit suprised to see it so 'basic' - all it really has is Zinc, Calcium, and Phosphorus - no moly, no boron, no Mg - usually, CJ-4/SM formulations are using a bit of moly and boron, and and more Mg and less Ca.

This 'looks' like a CI-4/SL oil....weird!

addyguy,

yea it's a "plain jane" looking oil,but sometimes less is better.Picked up a bit of oil pressure over the 10w40 PCMO I was using and the clicking from one of the engine rocker arms is gone.As long as it works well,I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back