Pennzoil Outdoor / Motorcycle 20w50 ,VOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - has anyone done a VOA on Pennzoil Outdoor Motorcycle 20w50? I recently bought a few cases for my HD TC88. The spec's look good, the API SH will have 1100-1200ppm zinc, HTHS is 4.64. Just wondering if this oil has been proven to be a decent Dino oil. Thanks!

LOL!..I wonder if any properties were added when the word outdoor was added. I will send out a sample for a VOA and post.

The indoor m/c oil is very good too
grin.gif

To Funny!!...I will post the VOA when I get the results back from BlackStone. The results should be decent from what I have read, we will see, stay tunned. Thanks.

Thanks, yes I have seen that product data sheet, thats what caught my attention. I prefer a good petroleum oil over Synthethic's for my Harley. I also found this statement from Pennz about ZDDP package & API's. See below. Thanks again!

I sent an Email to PennZoil asking about the content of Zinc in their oil. Here is their reply:

Thank you for your interest in our products.
You are correct the zinc in the ZDDP package for motor oil additives has been reduced recently to help protect catalytic converters on today's vehicles. Basically any oils prior to the API SM (such as SL, SJ, SH, etc.) will have at least 1000ppm zinc. The Pennzoil oils with an API SM rating will have the reduced zinc content (800-850ppm) while those such as the [color:#FFFF00]Pennzoil Outdoor Motorcycle Motor Oil in both SAE 10W-40 and SAE 20W-50 with the API SH will have 1100-1200ppm zinc. Other oils containing higher zinc levels will be any oil with a diesel rating, API CI-4 or CJ-4. The Shell Rotella SAE 15W-40 contains 1100-1200ppm zinc and Pennzoi Racing Motor Oil SAE 25W-50 has 1980ppm zinc.Sincerely

Product Technical Service, ah[/color]

Just an FYI, the Pennzoil GT Racing 25W-50 is an excellent oil for Harley's. Hard to find, but a great oil. There are still a lot of the World of Outlaw sprint car teams using this oil. Works great with exotic fuels.

Hi everyone, I want to attach my recent VOA of Pennz Outdoor Motorcycle 20W50, for some reason the site will not let me Paste after I copy. Any suggestion, help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back