Order surplus rifles online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been looking for a good low priced Mauser for a while and havent had any luck locally. Noticed while ordering my CZ-82 through Wideners.com they had Yugo M24/47's for $169.99. These were previously on sale for $129.99 prior to these being listed yesterday. They dont advertise condition besides stating they are in great condition and not an actual NRA grade. Also they dont have a hand select option for anything they sell. Im nervous to order online for a surplus rifle considering bore and wood condition. If anyone has ordered a surplus rifle online please reply. Id love to know how that went. Ive seen some videos on youtube from orders through J&G with $30 handselects that were a joke so I need some stories.

Ordering online seems like a big hassle if you do not have a good relationship with a licensed firearm dealer. Never done it because I do not want to order sight unseen. Order a Ruger MkIII .22, get a Raven .25ACP. Can't do much about it.

I've ordered quite a few (30+) surplus firearms online and have never had a problem.

Ask the seller questions, do some quick Google searching on customer service history of the seller, and keep in mind that they are surplus weapons and won't be in brand new condition.

For $200 it's worth the risk, IMO.

Personally, I prefer my surplus weapons to show some signs of use, anyway.
smile.gif

Last edited:
J&G "hand selects" but looking at 10 rifles in the pile, the best of that 10 is "hand select". Its not a best of the inventory selection process so if you had 10 that were marginal you're paying a premium for marginal.

If I were ordering over the internet I'd call the company and discuss the overall shape of what they've seen in their inventory, if they claim everything has been looking good then I'd trust them, if they said it's been spotty then probably not.

You pay a premium to some companies because they keep a higher quality inventory. Companies like J&G know they can sell anything they get their hands on because people will lower their standards for cheaper prices.

I've ordered 2 surplus rifles online. a No4 mk1 and a steyr m95. Both from J&G. They steyer was in perfect condition and the .303 ws kinda rough. both were hand selects. I'd order from them again if the price was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back