Odd OTA antenna issue on Roku TVs

I have 3 Roku tvs that can’t/don’t receive MeTv.. 2 of the 3 have their own antenna the 3rd shares an antenna with my bedroom pioneer fire tv which I can receive MeTv on when I search and scan. My kitchen tv is an lg has its own antenna and also gets MeTv. I started a tech chat with Roku it was the worst customer support ever kept blaming my “tv service provider and stating my antenna apparently doesn’t support that channel” lol

What’s some of you techy individuals thoughts on this? I’m pretty savvy but this has be stumped.

Ps this started a little over a month ago the Roku tvs at one time did get MeTV.

I have one Roku TV and two TVs set up with Roku devices. I also have an antenna connected to all three. I can get MeTV by antenna. I added the Philo app to my Roku account. With Philo, I get MeTV and MeTV+.
I find the antenna option on the Roku TV a little wonky.

Reset your Roku TV. Do this by unplugging it from it’s power source. Wait about one minute and plug back in. Rescan for OTA channels.

I agree in general Roku TVs seem to have a wonky OTA tuner
The Philo app is pretty good for watching older classic television. It’s only $27 per month. That’s a heck of a lot better than paying $150 per month for Dish. Check out the channel offerings on Philo.

Our main set recently went out and we had to replace it. I specifically chose a Samsung over a Roku TV. My main reason was the trouble switching to antenna with the Roku TV.

I have 3 Roku tvs that can’t/don’t receive MeTv.. 2 of the 3 have their own antenna the 3rd shares an antenna with my bedroom pioneer fire tv which I can receive MeTv on when I search and scan. My kitchen tv is an lg has its own antenna and also gets MeTv. I started a tech chat with Roku it was the worst customer support ever kept blaming my “tv service provider and stating my antenna apparently doesn’t support that channel” lol

What’s some of you techy individuals thoughts on this? I’m pretty savvy but this has be stumped.

Ps this started a little over a month ago the Roku tvs at one time did get MeTV.
The statement "my antenna apparently doesn’t support that channel" may not be wrong. I depends on what channel MeTV is broadcast on, more specifically, what band the transmitter is using, VHF or UHF.
Most of the "digital" TV antennas currently available do not receive VHF frequencies. Physical channels 2-13 are VHF, 14-36 are UHF. Don't be fooled into believing that the channel you are watching (if it is within the 2-13 channel range) is a VHF channel because the OTA ATSC 1.0 system utilizes "virtual" channels, for example, let's say that you are watching channel 7, it is possible that this channel may actually be broadcasting in the UHF frequency band and is using a "virtual" channel 7. In Austin, channel 7 is actually using the VHF channel 7 frequency so it is very difficult to receive this channel on a typical UHF only antenna unless you are very close to the transmission tower.
I know that this is confusing, and to add to the confusion, VHF antennas come in two different flavors, lowband VHF and highband VHF, some antennas (mostly large outdoor antennas) can receive both, and a few antennas (again, mostly large outdoor antennas) can receive all three (VHF low, VHF high, and UHF). Lowband VHF (channels 2-6) is the most difficult to receive because the antenna is necessarily large to pickup the much longer wavelengths. This is why there are some TV antennas advertising that they receive UHF and VHF high.

Since you had MeTv a month ago I would guess that you are on the boarder of being out of range . So some days it may come in and some days it may not or it's not being broadcast anymore .
We need more info

I’ll have to reword this… my kitchen lg tv never lost metv using its own antenna…my bedroom tv which is a fire tv shares the same attic antenna as my livingroom roku tv… the bedroom fire tv never lost metv… now my sons roku tv and guest bedroom roku tv have their own antennas those also lost metv… rescan channels nothing. So that leaves me with 3 roku tvs that can’t receive metv channel. Pioneer fire tv and lg tv get the channel. I tried moving and switching antennas around no difference. It’s got to be a roku thing.

I’ll have to reword this… my kitchen lg tv never lost metv using its own antenna…my bedroom tv which is a fire tv shares the same attic antenna as my livingroom roku tv… the bedroom fire tv never lost metv… now my sons roku tv and guest bedroom roku tv have their own antennas those also lost metv… rescan channels nothing. So that leaves me with 3 roku tvs that can’t receive metv channel. Pioneer fire tv and lg tv get the channel. I tried moving and switching antennas around no difference. It’s got to be a roku thin
@Rogueman2016s
Here is the Philo app that I added to my Roku. I also added the “Home and Lifestyle” option. One subscription is good for every TV at your address.

Back