O2 sensor brands for Taurus OHV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get other brands for about half the cost. Is it really going to make a difference if I don't use Motorcraft?

I seen Standard Motor Products, Bosch, Motorcraft, Delphi, Denso, AC Delco,

Ultra Power "Not heard of it"
I have a bad sensor and thought at a 166K that maybe I should replace all 4
shocked2.gif

Thanks for your thoughts.

Last edited:
I've never heard of Ultra Power either, so I can't say anything about them. All those other brands should do the job just fine.

The only differences worth worrying about would be in fitment, specifically the connector and the length of the lead. Fit shouldn't be much of an issue on your Taurus, but if you are buying at a store you may be able to open the box and compare them to the original.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
stay away from Bosch. Denso or NGK(NTK) would be my choice

I agree. I have not had good luck with Bosch. Even their direct fit unit was not the same as the OEM. It "fit" and the plug was right, but the O2 itself was different. My OEM O2 had the newer holes style and the Bosch was the older slits (look like a roof vent) and did not work as well.

The OEM sensors are made by Bosch, and that's what I used when I replaced mine. No problems after about 30K miles now. The new sensors looked just like the ones I removed.

NGK and Denso would be other good choices. Everything else is probably just repackaged anyway.

Bosch used to be *the* manufacturer. All sensors were the same, coming off of the same internal production lines. The only difference was the connectors, box logos and prices.

I've read that Bosch now contracts out the manufacturing. They may have almost switched sides to become just a brand name.

Even so, regular sensors should all work the same. If it's a wideband sensor, then there is much more leeway to screw up the response.

Replace the FRONT o2s together. I'd just do the fronts.
Don't replace the rear ones unless you need to.
They only sense a difference from the front readings. They are not used for controlling mixtures.

I haven't had any problems the Bosch sensors. They work fine in every car I have put them in and one has been in service for over 100K miles. Made is USA and everything.

See if Walker has them for car. High quality sensors at reasonable prices.
The sensors themselves are NTK or Denso IIRC and Walker does the wiring and connector, both are top quality.

I have a couple of cars here that are known to be finicky about their wide band O2's and these have been running a few years now without any trouble.

Great minds think alike......
grin2.gif
That's exactly what I have ordered and am going to install. The Taurus forum guy says that Bosch made the Taurus sensors until 2000? Anywho that's what I'm going to use. Thanks everyone for your thoughts!
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Replace the FRONT o2s together. I'd just do the fronts.
Don't replace the rear ones unless you need to.
They only sense a difference from the front readings. They are not used for controlling mixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back