Not able to install apps on SD card with Jellybean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is rooting the only option?

I'm on stock Verizon Android 4.1.1 Jellybean on my Razr M phone. I wanted to download and install Wiki Encyclopedia Offline which takes up 3.6 GB of storage. With all the other apps that I have installed, I don't have that much built-in storage left. Unfortunately, there is no option to install this app (or any app for that matter) on SD card where I have plenty of space left. Rooting aside, are there any other options available?

Based on what I dug up on rooting my Razr M, it'll most likely require wiping all my data, which sounds like a hassle. Besides, I've never rooted a phone, so I'm a little apprehensive. I mean, I don't need it that badly.

Which is why you back it up first
wink.gif

I was disappointed that the newer versions of Android (at least on my HTC) did not support installing or even moving apps to the SD card. The App2SD app didn't work on my phone. It's as if they've taken that functionality out of the OS. Did they really, or was that perhaps just a limitation of the HTC skin on Android?

I'm running Android 4.1.2, and can move most apps to the SD card. I am rooted and running Slimbean ROM, however.

I suspect carriers disable that feature in an effort to lock their phones down tighter than a duck's backside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back