New pipeline? Why haven't we heard more about this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check this link. Tell me what you think.
grin.gif

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/story.jsp?story=641172

A new pipeline is good news for me personally; my company inspects them. A 42" line is a big line and could mean major $$ for us over the years.

Why do you wonder why you haven't heard about it? A new pipeline, especially in that region isn't unusual. It's not big news to the average person.

I read about it some time ago in Forbes magazine. Forbes has a very different idea of what is news worthy than our mainstream media.

I had heard about this pipe awhile ago - but didn't track the ECD. I don't feel any more or less secure.....but it certainly is under the radar of the mainstream USA lazyasz press.

Quite a feat actually.

The US media does an extremely poor job reporting on anything that is not in the US. I have relied on other sources like the BBC and others for a long time to know what is happening elsewhere. Watching the local spanish channels in my area I learn of many things happening in South America that never show up in regular US news.

The average American has a very distorted view of the world because our news is so limited.

"The US media does an extremely poor job reporting on anything that is not in the US."

well, it makes sense considering their target market. Most people aren't interested in things that far away. It doesn't concern them.

let's not turn this into a media bashing thread, they have plenty of issues without us adding any imaginary ones.

"The average American has a very distorted view of the world because our news is so limited."

no, it's becuase when you are on top of the mountain, you see things differently.

I like living here. Some people are dying to get here.

There was a documentary about that oil line on PBS a couple of months ago. They interviewed some land owners and they claimed they never got any money that was promised to them from the oil companies that built it. It's funny, 10 years ago if this line exist, I would have said that I'd rather give my money to middle east than to those commies. Now after 9/11 and the Cold War, I'd RATHER give my money to Russia than to those rag heads.

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Troxell:

quote:

Output is supposed to reach one million barrels a day - more than 1 per cent of world production -

1 percent? Is that a typo or is one percent really significant?

World consumption stands at about 80 million barrels a day right now, so that must equal production pretty close. From all sources, so yes, 1 M bpd increase is capacity is significant. US consumption is about 20Mbpd.

Blame the media if you want (owned by those who'd rather you didn't know anything; proof is that TV watchers, radio listeners are the last and worst informed . . the weekly magazines and most newspapers are close to "catching up"), but get out your library card.

"Weapons of Mass Destruction" and other lies being what they were, the West needs oil without question. 13 major US bases in Iraq are only part of an equation to keep oil supplies steady in the Middle East, it also applies to South West Asia and Central Asia. US now has over 900 military installations overseas, and the number of bases in the areas pertinent to this pipeline (and another to run Caspian oil to the Indian Ocean [say, hello, Afghanistan] and other oil related "protection" is no accident and not based on the need for rabble-rousing at home.

Have a look at what is envisioned for LNG facilities; their loading and off-loading proposed locations (Boy, talk about a made-for-TV spectacle if something like that ever blows).

The sweetheart deals of this Administration center around military/civilian control of oil production and transportation for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back