New personal best MPG with HPL No VII

As they should.
That doesn't bother me at all.
If that is what members believe have at it.. Subie isn't a Johnny come lately.

I want to thank you for the Pirate Ship mention here a few months ago as it saved my Rumpelstiltskin this week. Seriously..

But please no more FC Euro shipping instructions 😂😂

modern TANKS aka 4 dr 4 wd trucks can get decent mpgs on the highway BUT GUZZLE in stop + go!!! unless REALLY needed a smaller modern SEDAN is the best value overall IMO or the smallest SUV that serves YOUR needs. support big oil if you care less + have DEEP pockets!!

From the manufacturers own literature 🤔🤔🧐

Screenshot_20230723-082919~2.png

Just put down 698 miles on 29.4 gallons for a 23.4 mpg hand-calculated average from Muncie, IN, to Asheville then Greensboro NC.

2019 F150 3.5 Eco Crew Cab, Euro No VII 5w30, average speeds about 72-74 with the A/C on, and 5 Star Tuning 87 octane Performance Tow tune. Previous best was about 21.9 mpg.
That is superb. I can get 21MPG with my 2018 2.7EB 4x4 and easily go 650 miles on a tank. But I've never achieved 23MPG at highway speeds. I'm impressed. Maybe if I try non ethanol 91 octane, I could improve MPG a few percent.

My 3.5EB is a 2011, and is not capable of 20+ MPG at reasonable speeds. Mostly it gets 19MPG. However, I did notice that when the tires were flat out worn out, the MPG was higher. Installing new tires of the same type resulted in a sudden drop in MPG.

My 3.5EB is a 2011, and is not capable of 20+ MPG at reasonable speeds. Mostly it gets 19MPG. However, I did notice that when the tires were flat out worn out, the MPG was higher. Installing new tires of the same type resulted in a sudden drop in MPG.
You’re right, that is kind of odd. You’d think that when more of the tire is in contact with the road that rolling resistance will be higher.

I’m going to be adding AMS turbo tubes and a CV Fab Titan v2 intercooler, both of which claim to provide some MPG increases over the factory parts. It will be interesting.

My personal best tank when trying to extract every single mile was about 840 miles, but that was a mostly 2-lane highway trip with speeds around 60-65, so more efficient. I’ve got the 36 gallon tank, and literally ran it til there was like 3 miles DTE according to the console.

I don't know the exact number but it obviously matters being that the entire industry has moved the to ever thinner oils. There's no argument that thicker oils impart greater parasitic drag. It's for the same reason why hydraulic steering has been replaced by EPS.

I don't think anyone around here can perform back of the envelope math to get an idea of the impact.
You need to be careful about making the "the entire industry is doing X....soo X must be good". The OEM's will make changes for .1mpg, at the expense of other criteria...performance, longevity, etc. For them, its about government regs...not what YOU would do for YOUR car. I mean look at all the BS they have to engineer into a vehicle for start/stop functionality....yet 99% of consumers would defeat it if given a choice. Just because an OEM wants to pick up that .1mpg by sacrificing durability and longevity, does not mean its good, nor MY priority.
YMMV

Back