New Choice between GTX or PYB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1
GTX is nothing special either in its published formulation and specs or in the UOAs here.
PYB is certainly the better oil in my book.
However, any engine would run fine and last as long as the rest of the car on either oil.

In my 2006 Mercury I switched from synthetic to dino a year and 18k ago and have used PYB once, GTX twice, Valvoline twice and the engine still looks just as clean as it ever has. Doesnt use a drop. PYB is great and so is GTX don't bother with the little things. Use what you want!

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
Why are your choices PYB or GTX? Why not QSGB? I find it is good stuff.

Oh yeah, and use a FRAM filter for best results.

you recommend Fram on every thread lol. i think its an ok filter for a 3k oci, but there are usually better filters for less money almost anywhere. to name a few...STP, Microguard, Purolator classic, Motorcraft, AcDelco. all of these can usually be found cheaper than a Fram, and some of them like the MC and the purolator classic are undoubtedly a better filter in terms of durability.

I would use and have used a Fram, but i will not if i can buy a MC for a dollar less at any autoparts store. or a microguard for $2 less. thats just my opinion on that. Frams are good, just not 5-7$ good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back