New Amsoil Grease Comparison Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any of the Amsoil guy's jump in and post whats better or the same,different etc,etc bettween the two??
all i know right now is there both 5% moly,i may try a tube and switch if im convinced but right now 238 is a kick ars grease for pins and bush.

Originally Posted By: daman
Can any of the Amsoil guy's jump in and post whats better or the same,different etc,etc bettween the two??
all i know right now is there both 5% moly,i may try a tube and switch if im convinced but right now 238 is a kick ars grease for pins and bush.

One is NLGI Grade 1 the other is NLGI Grade 2. Look at the base oil viscosities, #2 is much heavier. Use whichever is called for. Sometimes people will only use a #2. Other extremely cold locations will use #1 even if #2 is called out.

How about this suggestion. We pick someone like Johnny who I think most would trust and let him buy a machine and everyone send him a tube of their favorite grease and $10.00. I think there would be enough different greases/$10.00 to pay for the machine. He would then post pictures of all the test results.

Better than pounding sand...
48.gif

I wonder if this grease would be useful for greasing light truck
steering, ball joint, tie rod end applications? Yes I did
e-mail Amsoil and they referred to the application sheet.

Originally Posted By: Bighank

It would actually work great in those applications.

Originally Posted By: Bighank

A 5% moly fortified grease such as this amsoil grease would be the absolute best choice for that application.

When I contacted the Amsoil Tech Dept. they told me NOT to use this stuff as it was WAAAYYY too sticky/viscous for auto/light truck chassis/suspension lubrication!
(Something about how this stuff is ONLY for VERY low-speed, VERY HIGH 'pound-out' apps.)

They suggested their GHD/GHB greases, which still have a good moly content, and only .6% worse wash out than the off road product.

That is what I am using (and VERY happy with!).

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
When I contacted the Amsoil Tech Dept. they told me NOT to use this stuff as it was WAAAYYY too sticky/viscous for auto/light truck chassis/suspension lubrication!
(Something about how this stuff is ONLY for VERY low-speed, VERY HIGH 'pound-out' apps.)

They suggested their GHD/GHB greases, which still have a good moly content, and only .6% worse wash out than the off road product.

That is what I am using (and VERY happy with!).

There nuts!!!

this grease is perfect for ball joints,pitman arms tie rods,thats all i use, you don't want to use it in roller bearings because it's so tacky and the balls could slide instead of roll.

use it with no worries OR dont,your loss.....

I had their red synthetic grease in a tube loaded in my grease gun. Red liquid ran out the end, leaving the rest too dry to pump. All of their tubes have leaked out like that , this being the first to become unusable. In any case, I'll be looking elsewhere for my grease in the future.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
we use the S2000 in our fleet vehicles.I have had fantastic longevity of parts in VERY HD usage.

Do you use it for everything, ie. ball joints along with bearings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back